Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

out of how many?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

freelop posted:

Normally I use frozen prawns, smoked salmon, crab sticks, fish paste etc.
It works out better than you'd expect

E: also hotdogs

Jesus christ

Fluo
May 25, 2007

What will trigger taff next

Fluo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 27, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
freelop should be banned from food posting itt

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Kinda wanna see the fancy moon tonight but 1am? ehhhhhhh.
e: it's way past my bedtime

Fluo
May 25, 2007

If we start talking about bread will pissflaps turn up

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

taff check out the wallpaper in my flat

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Post of the month

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Taff has been extra grumpy recently. I hope he's okay :ohdear:

I had sausage egg and chips for me tea. Was mega nice.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
this is england though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fluo posted:

If we start talking about bread will pissflaps turn up

stop trying to import memes its annoying

this is a truly terrible post but fluo is annoying

Jose fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 27, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Had momentary hopes you'd actually covered your wall in climbing holds.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

stop trying to import memes its annoying

this is a truly terrible post but fluo is annoying

Half the posters here post in UKMT so idc chillout

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doakes posted:

this is england though
i havent seen it because i figure i grew up like that

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Jose posted:

out of how many?

About 30 within direct competition, several hundred realistically as many wouldn't compete at this level.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bozza posted:

About 30 within direct competition, several hundred realistically as many wouldn't compete at this level.

How can a marching band be competitive

Do they measure the moral boost you give the sports teams at half time or something

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Looking through my Jamie Oliver cookbook, feeling really conflicted about it because the food and recipes look really nice but the smugness coming from Jamie Oliver's face and everything he writes makes me want to punch people. It's a conundrum

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

If this was your wallpaper then the patern used would be totally random so I'd have no issues with it

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Fluo posted:

How can a marching band be competitive

Do they measure the moral boost you give the sports teams at half time or something

No, because it's not that sort of marching band tradition in the UK and Europe. It's done through a series of subjective sub categories which build to an overall picture.

Basically, you have a set of judges, some on the field with you, some in a tower (in the case of European championships, in the sky box at a football stadium) who are responsible for judging what you're doing and how you're doing it - demand and execution.

For example, the field brass judge is on the field with the corps and will follow members round the field listening to how they are playing their horns - attacks and releases, tuning and dynamics within the ensemble, timings, technique and embouchure control. This is then judged for demand and execution - ie if you're playing 8 count unison middle C while not moving its pretty easy and would be expected that you can do that well or you'd get loads of points knocked off. If you're playing a complex counter point moving part whilst back field and running, that's extremely difficult so if you do it well you'll score big points.

There's a 70+ page manual that covers all this...

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

MikeCrotch posted:

Looking through my Jamie Oliver cookbook, feeling really conflicted about it because the food and recipes look really nice but the smugness coming from Jamie Oliver's face and everything he writes makes me want to punch people. It's a conundrum

i find with jamie oliver recipes that he wants you to use about a gallon of olive oil for each one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsTWFsEi0aE

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jamiefood is quite similar to nigellafood in that it is fatty sugary and has a lot of shortcuts to make you feel you're a really good cook. The difference is that no-one in the world wants to gently caress jamie

Also I'm on a train and my reserved seat is literally the furthest possible one from the station gates. I feel the travel management people are making a point here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've dropped my car off to be fixed before it can pass the mot it failed on friday

no_one
Mar 17, 2004
i'm a lying jerk
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i've dropped my car off to be fixed before it can pass the mot it failed on friday

What did it fail on?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bozza posted:

No, because it's not that sort of marching band tradition in the UK and Europe. It's done through a series of subjective sub categories which build to an overall picture.

Basically, you have a set of judges, some on the field with you, some in a tower (in the case of European championships, in the sky box at a football stadium) who are responsible for judging what you're doing and how you're doing it - demand and execution.

For example, the field brass judge is on the field with the corps and will follow members round the field listening to how they are playing their horns - attacks and releases, tuning and dynamics within the ensemble, timings, technique and embouchure control. This is then judged for demand and execution - ie if you're playing 8 count unison middle C while not moving its pretty easy and would be expected that you can do that well or you'd get loads of points knocked off. If you're playing a complex counter point moving part whilst back field and running, that's extremely difficult so if you do it well you'll score big points.

*wistfully remembers running 40 yards backwards across a football field in 32 counts with people running past either side while playing follow the yellow brick Road on the trombone*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no_one posted:

What did it fail on?

suspension and roll bar problems i think

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bozza posted:

Ah ok so its like olympic diving judging style etc. Cool bozza :D

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

Hope it all works out and isn't too expensive :(

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Fluo posted:

Ah ok so its like olympic diving judging style etc. Cool bozza :D

In which case the russians will have it nailed.
Er, what?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fluo posted:

Hope it all works out and isn't too expensive :(

its going to be £200ish including the mot

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

:( not as expensive as I thought but thats still £200 out of your pocket

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

Just message all your car problems to the corn man on twitter

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Jose posted:

That's weird, mine failed on exactly the same things last Thursday. Must have been a memo going round the testers. Repairs also cost around £200.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
anti-roll bar endlinks are super common mot failure item as they are pretty much the most fragile component of the suspension especially on nose-heavy fwd cars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a coil spring snapped a while back so its no surprise the suspension has parts needing replaced

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Weld it back together with a kit you bought from £20 off the market.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

nah bruh just cut off the same amount from the other sides spring and get it hecka sikk low

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm going to make a meatloaf wellington tonight.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

feedmegin posted:

I'm going to make a meatloaf wellington tonight.

I'm sorry that youre poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'll probably just do beans on taaost :effort:

im poor too