Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kurtofan posted:

How are the medabots games? Loved that show as a kid.

Vas-y metaB!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbNaQeeEwA

They weren't super terrible, as far as pokemon clones go, but they were also weird as hell. You had random encounters with "wild medabots". Like, trash medabots that had basically carved out their own little weird ecosystem as some kind of vermin animal that you could beat up for parts.

It had a kind of unique mechanic, compared to Pokemon for example, where losing a fight made you also lose one of your parts, so you were encouraged to keep spares on hand. Rather than losing money, you may be forced to switch into new strategies to account for your replaced parts. Speaking of the parts, all of your parts have their own HP, and can be individually destroyed. If your opponent has a really problematic weapon, you can just blow it to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shovel Knight has reportedly sold more on 3DS and PC than all the other systems combined. I think I'd like to play it on the 3DS if the OG's D-pad wasn't so lovely. I need to check a Nu3DS in person to get a feel for that D-pad and see if it's any better.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Also, Sonic 2 VC 3D has been dated for October 8, hopefully in all regions.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Freedom Planet is Coming to the NA eShop this Thursday, October 1st! For real this time!
Europe is getting it eventually, maybe sometime in November? :shobon:

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 28, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Saoshyant posted:

Shovel Knight has reportedly sold more on 3DS and PC than all the other systems combined. I think I'd like to play it on the 3DS if the OG's D-pad wasn't so lovely. I need to check a Nu3DS in person to get a feel for that D-pad and see if it's any better.

For some better context: 32% on PC, 30% on 3DS, 20% on Wii U, 14% on Sony systems, 4% for Xbox. So half of Shovel Knight's sales (muddied by cross promotions and the general likeliness of people double dipping) come from Nintendo fans.

Wonder how the amiibo news might affect things further.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Another thing that is being released this week is the Mario Maker stage for Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U. No word on whether its free or paid DLC (although if it was free it likely would say so in its trailer). That is due to come out on the 30th in all regions.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

greatn posted:

They regressed the WiiU version without off screen play, then patched it in a year later, the patch remapped the right dpad button to duck.

Okay, yes, that deserves a slap.

I'm so excited about Toe Jam & Earl 3D now, even though it's probably months and months off. I was never really big on Sonic, but TJ&E is perhaps my favourite game of all time and I keep thinking about it way too much.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You should stop thinking about it because it hasn't and probably won't ever be announced.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - €39.99 / £29.99 (pre-load, includes bonus theme and download code for Super Butoden 2)

Can you get Super Butoden 2 with the physical copy?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Petiso posted:

Can you get Super Butoden 2 with the physical copy?

If you can acquire a copy of the code, yeah. It won't be available for general sale (and they didn't even translate it).

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

You should stop thinking about it because it hasn't and probably won't ever be announced.

Sega doesn't even own TJ&E, the guys making TJ&E4 own it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone else struggling to log in to Club Nintendo? I have stars to redeem :ohdear:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Anyone else struggling to log in to Club Nintendo? I have stars to redeem :ohdear:
And you waited till the last day?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

And you waited till the last day?

With the way they kept putting out better and better rewards, I would have waited until the last day if I lived in Europe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if there's no link between those medabots games it'd be pretty stupid but then again, capcom was nice enough to include all that extra stuff in the Megaman.exe games so they might surprise us.

never thought i'd be excited for a dbz game but that demo was fun as gently caress and has beautiful sprites.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss[deep breath]ssssssssssssssssssssss

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Give me 550 Club Nintendo stars or go to hell.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nah you're just going to spend them on coke and prozzies

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

less laughter posted:

Nah you're just going to spend them on coke and prozzies

Buying a prozzie for 550 stars is like buying a car for 5 quid; even if such a thing existed, you wouldn't want it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
North America is getting River City Ransom tomorrow
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/23Qpx0RdHmm0UYlLaoo7EOMsiyJqsBzw

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I am happy with this. Still want Metroid Zero Mission soon, but River City Ransom is a classic.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Rirse posted:

I am happy with this. Still want Metroid Zero Mission soon, but River City Ransom is a classic.

I think they're going to just put that and Metroid Prime Hunters in one update together to be honest

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Willo567 posted:

I think they're going to just put that and Metroid Prime Hunters in one update together to be honest

Yeah, Nintendo of America loves grouping their major releases together, like all the Kirby games not too long ago.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
WiiU only :negative:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Did I hear Metroid Prime Hunters dropped on Wii U today?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Morter posted:

It's already on the 3DS and has been for a while, if that's what you're getting at.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Rover City Ransom EX for GBA is better, I wonder if it'll ever show up.

Ronnie posted:

Did I hear Metroid Prime Hunters dropped on Wii U today?

In Japan, yes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rover City Ransom EX for GBA is better

No it isn't, game is entirely pointless without multiplayer

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hakkesshu posted:

No it isn't, game is entirely pointless without multiplayer

Nah, it's fine. RCR was always more of an adventure/numbers-going-up game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Morter posted:

They called it Street Gangs in the European eshop. :negative:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Question about Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3: When you play story missions for the first time, do you always have to pick the character you created (big sword guy/dual sword lady)? Or do you have more choice over who you can choose?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You always have to use your create-a-warrior character first time though a stage yes, though you can switch between any playable character on the battlefield. After that you choose whoever you like.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I might end up passing on it then. Bought SW4-2 on a whim, which also has character switching, although unlike the base game they make you go through each chapter in a campaign with the same predertmined character. It's making the game feel slightly more monotonous than it has to be, and I realize I'll lose patience quickly having to play with the same generic Chronicle CAWs again. =(

Thanks for the heads up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One difference is that you get up to four playable characters per stage to switch between as opposed to two in SW4 which might reduce the monotony, however you probably don't need anymore SW if you just bought -2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 1):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    1001 Spikes - €14.99 / £13.49
    Toto Temple Deluxe - €8.99 / £6.99
    Pumped BMX+ - €8.49 / £6.49 until October 15, normally €9.99 / £7.99
    Race the Sun - €9.99 / £6.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Pack #4 - €8.02 / £8.91 for one version, €13.81 / £12.61 for both versions
  • Stage: Super Mario Maker - €2.49 / £2.29for one version, €3.49 / £3.19 for both versions
  • Stage: Pirate Ship - €1.99 / £1.79 (Wii U-only)
  • Business Suit for Mii - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Toad Hat & Toad Outfit for Mii Brawler €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Viridi Wig & Viridi Outfit for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Hunter's Helm & Hunter's Mail for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Rathalos Helm & Rathalos Mail for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Fox Hat & Fox Outfit for Mii Gunner €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Captain Falcon Helmet & Captain Falcon's Outfit for Mii Brawler €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Medabots: Metabee (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Medabots: Rokusho (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

NOVA-111 (Wii U eShop) - €10.99 / £8.99 launch price, ends October 8
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Thomas Was Alone (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.20 until October 8
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £2.99 until October 8
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until October 8
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until October 8
    Suspension Railroad Simulator (Wii U eShop) - €7.19 / £5.39 until October 8
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until October 10
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until October 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - €39.99 / £34.99, includes theme
    Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - €39.99 / £29.99 (pre-load, includes bonus theme and download code for Super Butoden 2)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    1001 Spikes - €14.99 / £13.49
    Battleminer - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Senran Kagura 2: Burst - €4.99 / £4.49
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS - Duck Hunt Stage - free!
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Pack #4 - €8.02 / £8.91 for one version, €13.81 / £12.61 for both versions
  • Stage: Super Mario Maker - €2.49 / £2.29for one version, €3.49 / £3.19 for both versions
  • Stage: Pirate Ship - €1.99 / £1.79 (Wii U-only)
  • Business Suit for Mii - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Toad Hat & Toad Outfit for Mii Brawler €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Viridi Wig & Viridi Outfit for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Hunter's Helm & Hunter's Mail for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Rathalos Helm & Rathalos Mail for Mii Swordfighter €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Fox Hat & Fox Outfit for Mii Gunner €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Captain Falcon Helmet & Captain Falcon's Outfit for Mii Brawler €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
[/list]
3DS MENU THEMES
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - Office - free with digital purchases of Animal Crossing HHD until October 29
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - My Town - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until October 8
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until October 8
    Airace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.39 / £2.10 until October 8
    Airace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 until October 8
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until October 8
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until October 22
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30October 8.

NA update (week of October 1):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Freedom Planet - $14.99, 15% discount for those with the nindies@home demo until November 1
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 (permanent price reduction)
    The Rivers of Alixe?: Extended Version - $7.99
    Toto Temple Deluxe - $7.99
    Voxel Maker - $4.99
    Gemology - $6.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Pack #4 - $9.73 for one version, $13.53 for both versions
  • Stage: Super Mario Maker - $2.49 for one version, $3.49 for both versions
  • Stage: Pirate Ship - $1.99 (Wii U-only)
  • Business Suit for Mii - $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Toad Hat & Toad Outfit for Mii Brawler $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Viridi Wig & Viridi Outfit for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Hunter's Helm & Hunter's Mail for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Rathalos Helm & Rathalos Mail for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Fox Hat & Fox Outfit for Mii Gunner $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Captain Falcon Helmet & Captain Falcon's Outfit for Mii Brawler $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    River City Ransom (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Extreme Exorcism (Wii U eShop) - 15% discount for those with the nindies@home demo, ends October 24
    NOVA-111 (Wii U eShop) - $10.99 launch price, ends October 8
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - $11.99 until October 10
    Trine 2 Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - $8.99 until October 10
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" from October 5-19
    Midnight (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until October 22

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Chronus Arc - $9.99
    Battleminer - $5.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: Duck Hunt Stage - free!
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Pack #4 - $9.73 for one version, $13.53 for both versions
  • Stage: Super Mario Maker - $2.49 for one version, $3.49 for both versions
  • Stage: Pirate Ship - $1.99 (Wii U-only)
  • Business Suit for Mii - $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Toad Hat & Toad Outfit for Mii Brawler $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Viridi Wig & Viridi Outfit for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Hunter's Helm & Hunter's Mail for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Rathalos Helm & Rathalos Mail for Mii Swordfighter $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Fox Hat & Fox Outfit for Mii Gunner $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
  • Captain Falcon Helmet & Captain Falcon's Outfit for Mii Brawler $0.75 for one version, $1.15 for both versions
3DS THEMES
    Legend of Legacy - The Chibi Adventurers - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - $2.39 until October 8
    AiRace Xeno (3DS eShop) - $1.69 until October 8
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - $5.59 until October 8
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - 414.99 from October 5-19
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from October 5-19
    Yugioh Zexal World Duel Carnival (3DS) - $9.99 until October 21
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until October 22

Freedom Planet is a well-made Sonic clone that's decently fun if you can get past the awful character designs/voice acting/story. It's no Sonic Boom, but really, what is?

Chronus Arc is a generic Kemco smartphone JRPG, don't bother.

Stealth Inc. 2 is a cool game that seems to have flopped on every platform, which is odd considering the original game did pretty well and it's not a huge departure. Maybe going Wii U-exclusive in the beginning killed their hype?

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Fremry posted:

With the way they kept putting out better and better rewards, I would have waited until the last day if I lived in Europe.

I waited till the last day to spend my stars. Didn't find a single thing of interest.

For a moment I got excited when I saw could get Nintendo points for buying games, then realised that is for the online store on original Wii.

Did anyone manage to get anything worthwhile?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

PAL update (week of October 1):
I also see a Monster Hunter 4 U discount in the Russian eshop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Club Nintendo thing got extended to October 6, by the way.

SelenicMartian posted:

I also see a Monster Hunter 4 U discount in the Russian eshop.

If it's not on the EU PR, I can't see it. Sorry.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Club Nintendo thing got extended to October 6, by the way.

Addendum, they extended the time to cash in stars because the site was pretty much dead for the last two, three days. It is impossible to register any code anymore, so for those who didn't have enough stars before they will be in the same situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

If it's not on the EU PR, I can't see it. Sorry.
Odd, I'm seeing a 33% discount and a promo tab on the main 3DS eshop page.