Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Females" is only acceptable if you're referring to a group encompassing both girls and adult women or if you're Phil Lynott

Or if you're sorting fish and moths.

I have yet to get them to accept wearing little bows and nail polish.

As for my pet peeve, I've been looking for my cat. And an alarming number of people told me to give up - it's just a cat or joke that their dog probably ate it LOL!

Yeah, real loving funny, rear end in a top hat. gently caress you and your loving huge rear end, untrained, barking and assholish pitbull. The stupid thing barks all day and night, lunges at the fence and has succeeded in tipping over entire sections of the fence going after kids, squirrels, other dogs and passing cats, but you do NOTHING ABOUT IT. I hope it eats your stupid face off between joking it ate my missing cat or threatening people with it (or even telling us it probably ate the pomeranian in the missing posters because poms are WUSS DOGS LOL!). What is it about people who massively neglect an animal then act like it's the best thing EVER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

pussy riot police posted:

Men who don't get the hint when you say "I have a partner. Yes I'm seeing someone"

People who don't take the hint drive me nuts. Seeing a guy just keep laying it on when the girl has been throwing him every possible "no thanks" signal is cringe-inducing. Sometimes it gets so bad that I expect the gal to whip out those glowy sticks cops use to direct traffic and wave him toward the door. I don't see the point--do they really think asking over and over is going to suddenly change her mind (and not just annoy the hell out of her)?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

People who don't take the hint drive me nuts. Seeing a guy just keep laying it on when the girl has been throwing him every possible "no thanks" signal is cringe-inducing. Sometimes it gets so bad that I expect the gal to whip out those glowy sticks cops use to direct traffic and wave him toward the door. I don't see the point--do they really think asking over and over is going to suddenly change her mind (and not just annoy the hell out of her)?

Some people will badger others into doing things they want and think nothing of it. It's part of why we have to have giant posters on consent (and that badgering someone until they say yes is NOT okay). And some people are just oblivious. Those glowy sticks are a great idea for a bad date though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

cash crab posted:

People grabbing my arms to look at my tattoos. Strangers grabbing/touching me is just such an absolute no-no. Of course, I absolutely shut down whenever someone does this so I never have the opportunity to say, "That's really inappropriate," and I just spend the whole day stewing about it.

I used to have dreadlocks, and I cut them so I have a cute little fro going on. I went out to an acquaintance's birthday concert (local metal stuff) after washing my hair and throwing some oil in it, and this rear end in a top hat literally grabbed my head and yelled "Ew, there's stuff in it!" I punched him in the dick. We are no longer acquaintances.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Aerofallosov posted:

As for my pet peeve, I've been looking for my cat. And an alarming number of people told me to give up - it's just a cat or joke that their dog probably ate it LOL!

Yeah, real loving funny, rear end in a top hat. gently caress you and your loving huge rear end, untrained, barking and assholish pitbull. The stupid thing barks all day and night, lunges at the fence and has succeeded in tipping over entire sections of the fence going after kids, squirrels, other dogs and passing cats, but you do NOTHING ABOUT IT. I hope it eats your stupid face off between joking it ate my missing cat or threatening people with it (or even telling us it probably ate the pomeranian in the missing posters because poms are WUSS DOGS LOL!). What is it about people who massively neglect an animal then act like it's the best thing EVER?

People who let their cats roam outside. Hope a hawk steals your cat as revenge for the trillions of birds it has single-handedly mutilated.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

YeahTubaMike posted:

I used to have dreadlocks, and I cut them so I have a cute little fro going on. I went out to an acquaintance's birthday concert (local metal stuff) after washing my hair and throwing some oil in it, and this rear end in a top hat literally grabbed my head and yelled "Ew, there's stuff in it!" I punched him in the dick. We are no longer acquaintances.

Friend of mine rocks a sweet afro, and the amount of drunken strangers who think it's okay to give her hair a squeeze is ridiculous. She's capable of pulling off a pretty terrifying death stare, so they tend to learn pretty quickly that that's not okay, but still. Who thinks grabbing a stranger's hair is a good idea?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
People treating their high-beams lever as if it was a loving magic wand that can instantly clear the lane ahead of them.

Guess what, you dumbass? I'm not driving at half the speed limit just to annoy you, it's because I have someone in front of me who's doing that speed. They in turn have someone going slow ahead of them, and so on and so forth for miles and miles and miles. "Just move over to the other lane!" you might say, except that the other lane is 100% packed with no space to move in, and why do I have to move to a slower lane anyway since even if I did you wouldn't go any faster because of the huge line of cars going slowly in front of us?

Learn some patience, you fucker.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Crow Jane posted:

Friend of mine rocks a sweet afro, and the amount of drunken strangers who think it's okay to give her hair a squeeze is ridiculous. She's capable of pulling off a pretty terrifying death stare, so they tend to learn pretty quickly that that's not okay, but still. Who thinks grabbing a stranger's hair is a good idea?

White people in particular (not all, mind you) are drawn to fros like moths to a flame. I've never been head-fondled by a non-white person, which is not say that it's exclusively a white thing either. Here's an article about the You Can Touch My Hair exhibit, which seems pretty awkward and weird.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mikl posted:

People treating their high-beams lever as if it was a loving magic wand that can instantly clear the lane ahead of them.

Guess what, you dumbass? I'm not driving at half the speed limit just to annoy you, it's because I have someone in front of me who's doing that speed. They in turn have someone going slow ahead of them, and so on and so forth for miles and miles and miles. "Just move over to the other lane!" you might say, except that the other lane is 100% packed with no space to move in, and why do I have to move to a slower lane anyway since even if I did you wouldn't go any faster because of the huge line of cars going slowly in front of us?

Learn some patience, you fucker.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/tailgating-driver-astonished-to-discover-further-car-just-30-yards-ahead-20150908101781

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Crow Jane posted:

When I was in junior high I had shoulder length hair (before the follicle spirits took my locks, bald now) & people always messed with it. A girl I was friends with got too crazy & yanked a small clump out because she was upset about something. I chopped it a couple days later because gently caress that happening again. Another girl who crushed on me hated it, she was always cool & used to run her fingers through it in classes we had together.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I already posted about Facebook dinner humblebrags but I'm posting again because it makes me crazy. Watch, I can do it too! I'm making picadillo tonight and I can say "I'm making picadillo tonight" or I can say "Tonight I'm making sauteed red & green capsicum with lightly fried onions in garlic, stewed with minced beef and crushed tomatoes and served over slow-cooked black beans and jasmine rice, garnished with diced jalapenos."

I'll say the first one, because it's loving picadillo :mad:

Not gonna lie, impressed you can do that considering the wings & all :)

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Sep 30, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aerofallosov posted:

Both you and your neighbor are correct. You let your cat outside unattended, it should be gone. And they own a pitbull, they should be executed.

A pet peeve I've developed, particularly at my workplace (which I'll probably post a rage thread about when i get fired/quit) is when folks hold others to a different standard on dress/timeliness/production than themselves.
"Look ya'll, you need to be here at 7 ON THE DOT, and be working! Now excuse me, its 7:10 and I need my coffee, brb in 20".

No. gently caress you. No one respects that kind of attitude and it shows.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: smokers. They're probably the only people in the world who think it's acceptable to throw fiery bits of garbage out the window. Yet to the rest of us, picking a receipt, burrito wrapper, or old gum wrapper up, lighting it on fire, and throwing it out the window is completely not okay.

I got stuck behind one of these assholes on my way to work and it makes me irrationally angry. "What do you MEAN, put it out in my car?! I don't want my car smelling like smoke!" But it's okay for your breath, skin, clothes, hair, and lungs to be full of it? Smokers can go gently caress themselves.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is going to sound the worst combination of naive and :spergin:, but I do not understand the appeal of smoking at all. They achieve no high or stimulation whatsoever*, must taste loving atrocious, and are an express ticket to cancer town. Addiction isn't an excuse anymore, it's been years since the cigarette companies got away with calling it cool and healthy and plenty of people too young to have ever thought that still do it. Why? :psyduck:

A relevant pet peeve, I swear to god I've noticed some smokers making it their life's goal to force others to share their misery and not only not trying to prevent secondhand smoke, but actually aiming at people's faces. gently caress off! :argh:

*E: As far as I knew anyway, seems I was wrong.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Oct 1, 2015

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Taking a hit of nicotine when you're addicted to it is an amazing stress reliever. But then it makes everytime you aren't sucking down on a cigarette lovely...unless you're always in a lovely mood, then no big change there.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Nicotine absolutely gives you a high, I don't do any other drugs or intoxicants apart from booze so it was a noticeable one for me. I only smoked for like 9 months or a year or something though so I dunno if that would have gone away completely with time.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just find it irritating because I can't stand the smell. There are lockers right behind my desk at work, so of course I often have a heavy smoker walking in after a smoke break, stinking up the air because his locker is right behind me, and it's just unpleasant.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Smokers who ignore the giant "NO SMOKING BEYOND THIS POINT" "NO SMOKING WITHIN X FEET OF DOORWAY" etc signs. Do they think they're so *cool* because they're breaking the rules (laws)?

Nothing makes my day more than when it's already -10 and snowing, and I step outside into a huge cloud of smoke. Wonderful.

E: or when I'm driving and it's beautiful weather, I have the windows open... And some smokers car pulls in front of me and I have to close the windows and turn on the recirculation. Or when it's -10 and I can't have the recirculation on, so when smokey pulls up I have to turn off the heater and open the windows to get any air at all otherwise I'm stuck in a hot box of cigarette smoke.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Oct 1, 2015

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Thin Privilege posted:

Smokers who ignore the giant "NO SMOKING BEYOND THIS POINT" "NO SMOKING WITHIN X FEET OF DOORWAY" etc signs. Do they think they're so *cool* because they're breaking the rules (laws)?

Nothing makes my day more than when it's already -10 and snowing, and I step outside into a huge cloud of smoke. Wonderful.

This is also typically done because there are air intakes above the entrances. So although you stepping into a cloud of smoke is awful, the people inside the building who are breathing in the HVAC air get to suddenly have their offices quite literally fill with a bit of smoke.

My peeve: the phrase "in any way, shape or form." Why must everyone use the entire phrase? Just say "in any way".

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

They moved the Idiots On Social Media thread. I look forward to never finding it again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

They moved the Idiots On Social Media thread. I look forward to never finding it again.

what the hell are bookmarks

Although it got moved to the gas chamber for some reason. There was a dumb derail about vegans but it was a few days ago so I don't know why it's just now gassed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AlphaKretin posted:

A relevant pet peeve, I swear to god I've noticed some smokers making it their life's goal to force others to share their misery and not only not trying to prevent secondhand smoke, but actually aiming at people's faces. gently caress off! :argh:
More bus grievences!

Bunch of people, including small children are waiting at at the bus stop. We've been waiting for a while so everyone's kind of irritable but what can you do. rear end in a top hat walks by, stands up wind and starts smoking, making sure every time he blows the smoke out all of it wafts right across everyone's face. He then gets indigent when the woman gets pissed off at him for risking her kids. "Well where am I allowed to smoke then? A closed room in my own home? gently caress off." he says sarcastically, making sure not to move at all while blowing out another breath of smoke, ignoring the no smoking sign that's been bolted to every bus stop shelter in the drat state as far as I can tell.

Hawaii's been cracking down really hard on the smoking lately, because seeing a bunch of idiots just standing around all the scenic spots smoking and leaving their cigarettes all over the place made everything look like poo poo. Unfortunately no one enforces the no smoking policies and everyone gets away with it so nothing has changed. I sure do love taking some visiting family to a really nice spot only for it to be covered in ashes and cigarettes, and smelling of smoke instead of the ocean!

EDIT: as I'm writing this something else has caught fire. Do flaming mountains count as a pet peeve? Because I really wish they'd stop burning. They've been doing it a lot this year.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Although it got moved to the gas chamber for some reason. There was a dumb derail about vegans but it was a few days ago so I don't know why it's just now gassed.
I thought the vegan derail was hilarious, but then again any time someone can just respond with "floor pizza" I am entertained. I think maybe the gassing is a combination of that and the peepl thing they were going off on for like two more pages. No one was posting any actual content, just words.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Oct 2, 2015

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I thought the vegan derail was hilarious, but then again any time someone can just respond with "floor pizza" I am entertained. I think maybe the gassing is a combination of that and the peepl thing they were going off on for like two more pages. No one was posting any actual content, just words.

I'm more pissed that nobody was explaining what the hell the floor pizza story was. People post references to that all the goddamn time now but not a single person will explain the full extent of the depravity.

Also that vegan derail was worth it just for all the insane, poorly drawn comics from vegans.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I'm more pissed that nobody was explaining what the hell the floor pizza story was. People post references to that all the goddamn time now but not a single person will explain the full extent of the depravity.

Also that vegan derail was worth it just for all the insane, poorly drawn comics from vegans.

I don't remember what the context was, but the poster randomly revealed that she and her husband (whom she met on a forum dedicated to stalking Chris Chan) store takeout pizzas under their bed for days on end.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

gentle pete posted:

I don't remember what the context was, but the poster randomly revealed that she and her husband (whom she met on a forum dedicated to stalking Chris Chan) store takeout pizzas under their bed for days on end.

Yeah but it was like, they did it on their wedding night and during the honeymoon? Or something?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706779&pagenumber=101#lastpost

There's a forums drama thread, they'd probably know.

e: To keep on topic - people who complain about other people taking selfies. Shhh, we're all going to die one day. Clam down.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm guilty occasionally of "any way shape or form" because I get immaturely dramatic when I'm pissed. :shobon: Three words is a good number for adding emphasis. "In any way, shape or form!"

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

cash crab posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706779&pagenumber=101#lastpost

There's a forums drama thread, they'd probably know.

e: To keep on topic - people who complain about other people taking selfies. Shhh, we're all going to die one day. Clam down.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
"I'm a real movie buff."

Refuses to watch anything in black and white, made before 1970 or that features male nudity or homosexuality.

Former co-worker.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Vic Boss posted:

People who let their cats roam outside. Hope a hawk steals your cat as revenge for the trillions of birds it has single-handedly mutilated.

Actually, my cat got loose. :( She's crippled and likely had a brain injury while young. Sorry to disappoint you.

Jastiger posted:

Both you and your neighbor are correct. You let your cat outside unattended, it should be gone. And they own a pitbull, they should be executed.

Did you notice I was upset because my indoor only cat escaped?

Edit: And yeah, people who ignore stuff about no smoking here or tons of places to throw the butts really suck. Thanks, I wanted an asthma attack from walking out the door.

Aerofallosov has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Oct 2, 2015

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Related to the cat posts quoted above: people (especially common on these forums) who unjustifiably jump to the most controversial conclusion possible just to have an excuse to rage against someone.

vv I was talking about the people you were quoting, the ones that automatically jumped to the "outdoor cat owner" conclusion in response to your first post

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Oct 2, 2015

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Related to the cat posts quoted above: people (especially on these forums) who unjustifiably jump to the most controversial conclusion possible just to have an excuse to rage against someone.

Yeah, sorry. I was upset. I should not have posted it. I was just worried about my indoor only cat who had gotten loose. It also makes evening walks suck when that dog is going nuts at everything, including rogue molecules of oxygen. I don't think all pitbulls are bad. Many of them are bred for aggression and fare poorly without exercise and intensive training. The dumbfuck in question just sees it as a 'LOL MY DOG SO FIERCE' thing and ignores it while it barks constantly, and so on. It's upsetting even more because it is an animal with the capacity to kill other pets easily and maim people and he's contributing to its poor reputation. On top of it all, the poor dog is probably lonely as hell, under exercised and bored to tears.

He also seems to have little empathy if the thing gets a hold of someone or someone's pet. So I'm not exactly thrilled with the guy. I did get my cat back safely, and I do keep my cats indoors. The only place any cats in this house go into is the porch so they can catch sun beams.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
People criticizing the President, specifically on gun control. I've got a gun nut acquaintance that just doesn't seem to get what's going on and is staunchly against any sort of changes in law or regulations for firearms. He complained a short time back about how Obama "didn't hold a press conference to address police shootings". When I asked if Obama should drop everything and have a press conference for every single murder that happens, whether or not it involves police deaths, he could only stammer out a weak "well he should do SOMETHING because this is getting out of hand!"

At the same time, with the recent Oregon shootings, he complained that Obama held a press conference about it to address the incident and other recent shootings. What does the idiot acquaintance pipe up with? "He's just politicizing this for attention, gently caress Obama!"

MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND YOU STUPID SHITSTAIN. People like that drive me up a loving wall, the whole damned if you do, damned if you don't mentality pisses me off. Nothing is ever good enough and everyone waffles back and forth, I'm so sick of it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ozz81 posted:

People criticizing the President, specifically on gun control. I've got a gun nut acquaintance that just doesn't seem to get what's going on and is staunchly against any sort of changes in law or regulations for firearms. He complained a short time back about how Obama "didn't hold a press conference to address police shootings". When I asked if Obama should drop everything and have a press conference for every single murder that happens, whether or not it involves police deaths, he could only stammer out a weak "well he should do SOMETHING because this is getting out of hand!"

At the same time, with the recent Oregon shootings, he complained that Obama held a press conference about it to address the incident and other recent shootings. What does the idiot acquaintance pipe up with? "He's just politicizing this for attention, gently caress Obama!"

MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND YOU STUPID SHITSTAIN. People like that drive me up a loving wall, the whole damned if you do, damned if you don't mentality pisses me off. Nothing is ever good enough and everyone waffles back and forth, I'm so sick of it.

Generally when a Republican is in office, these are the people that say it's wrong and unamerican to criticize the president :911:
left-wingers do this too, but not as frequently

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Any time there is a shooting, how fast the NRA leaps out and starts screaming about gun control being horrible, that someone is coming to Take Your Guns and that's how Hitler came to power and....

And there's a guy I used to be friends with who posts only that on Facebook now. That and how Sandy Hook was put on by actors. Pretty much every shooting ever has been a set up by paid actors.

How the gently caress do these people survive?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Cowslips Warren posted:

Any time there is a shooting, how fast the NRA leaps out and starts screaming about gun control being horrible, that someone is coming to Take Your Guns and that's how Hitler came to power and....

And there's a guy I used to be friends with who posts only that on Facebook now. That and how Sandy Hook was put on by actors. Pretty much every shooting ever has been a set up by paid actors.

"Hey did you hear about the recent shooting?"

"THAT WAS AN ACT PUT ON BY THE GOVERNMENT IN ORDER TO INCREASE SUPPORT FOR TAKING ARE GUNS. MAH RIGHTS!!!!!"

"Hey did you hear that Obama appointed a telecom lobbyist to chair the FCC?"

"Eh, whatever"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cowslips Warren posted:

In the nuclear wastelands the people with the guns will be the new kings.

Until someone stabs them in their sleep and takes the guns.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aerofallosov posted:

Actually, my cat got loose. :( She's crippled and likely had a brain injury while young. Sorry to disappoint you.

Did you notice I was upset because my indoor only cat escaped?

Edit: And yeah, people who ignore stuff about no smoking here or tons of places to throw the butts really suck. Thanks, I wanted an asthma attack from walking out the door.

I did miss that part, but I still am bias. My cat does the same thing, will always try to get outside and then as soon as he does, he flips out because there are animals and stuff in the neighboring yards. So instead of running back inside, he runs away and gets under the deck or some poo poo. If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd just leave him out there to die because gently caress an animal that tries to run away after i take care of him forever.

So thats my pet peeve, animals that run away and put themselves in precarious situations and then me being expected to feel sympathetic and be nice to fluffy wuffy.

Get a job, fluffy.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

cash crab posted:

1) People grabbing my arms to look at my tattoos. Strangers grabbing/touching me is just such an absolute no-no. Of course, I absolutely shut down whenever someone does this so I never have the opportunity to say, "That's really inappropriate," and I just spend the whole day stewing about it.

I might be the arsehole that is enabling this. I really don't mind when people do this, though that might be because A. I'm a dude and B. My tattoos are still relatively new so the experience hasn't yet become so mundane as to become totally annoying.

What really drives me insane is when people ring out to answering machine, hang up and then call again. Look leave a message im either busy and cant answer the phone, or not here. If it's the former you're just loving annoying/distracting me; if it's the latter well you're wasting your own time.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

d3c0y2 posted:

I might be the arsehole that is enabling this. I really don't mind when people do this, though that might be because A. I'm a dude and B. My tattoos are still relatively new so the experience hasn't yet become so mundane as to become totally annoying.

I've had tattoos for about ten years or so now, and they're definitely mundane to me now so people who grab me and ask, "WHAT DO THESE MEAN" really get my goat (ps: My favourite answer is, "I cannot work at Starbucks and no one will let me hold their baby"). I have a pretty large sleeve on one arm, and before it was completely filled in I had a lot of people grab me and ask what the text said. For reference, it says schadenfreude. Surprisingly, few people know what that translates into, so now I just tell people it's German for "personal space".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have a small tattoo of a 45 insert thing on my back, between my shoulder blades. Whenever I wear something cut low enough that it's actually visible, I get comments about how I'm too young to know what it is.

I got it as a friendship thing with a girl I DJed with a few times, which in hindsight was probably stupid, but hey. The fact I paid to have it on my body implies I at least kinda know what it is.