Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

"I did it two weeks from now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

The Kins posted:

I'm rapidly alternating between ":golfclap:" and "GODDAMMITFUCK WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT"
It's not too late to fix it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chocobo posted:

It's not too late to fix it.
Redoing things is how Star Citizen got into this mess in the first place! :v:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this picture explains it all why Sadra hates genital pubes

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The Kins posted:

I'm rapidly alternating between ":golfclap:" and "GODDAMMITFUCK WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT"

Go ahead, change it! Be the change you want to be! :sax:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

quote:

I decided last week that I will continue to throw money at this project on a monthly basis for however long it takes. It might not be that much, but it's my way to say FU to nonsense like this.
So empty your wallets and let's weaponize the Hype-train!

Man the comments on the Chairman's meltdown are ... interesting.

Also a whole shitload of people buying the $900 ships and begging Chris to start a stretch goal to get lawyers to kill Derek and the Escapist.

My favs though are the ones where all the people decide they're making history and going to save PC gaming (which is... as strong as its ever been?) and liken people pointing out that $90 million dollars and 3 years later theres sweet gently caress all to show to people who called the Wright brothers or Abe Lincoln mad.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hal_2005 posted:

this generations "ET the Extraterrestrial" which sank Atari, and nearly 70% of all studios in the subsequent fallout.

Really bad comparison. ET sinking Atari is a myth. The reason Atari sank was because they produced a mountain of consoles in time for the xmas that ET was also released. The problem was the market for new console owners was saturated, so they had literally made a great big pile of very expensive unsalable stock.

ET was made in 5 weeks, and had some incredible features, never before seen in home videogames. It was difficult, and it did have a glitch or two, but neither of those things were game breaking or destroying.

The ET landfill is a true story, but in that landfill there was also copies of things like Adventure, Pacman and Asteroids, some of the absolute best selling games on the system. The dump was a simple warehouse clear out from a company that had made too much stuff.

Go watch Atari: game over. It's on Netflix.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What literary figure to we compare CR to? Ahab? Ozymandias?
Moist Von Lipwig

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Lodin posted:

Moist Von Lipwig

Moist accomplished things

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Smaug.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Ben is Smeagol.

edit not quote gently caress.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
What is the saddest fat sack of lazy face character out there? That's Croberts.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

Moist accomplished things
Only after Vetinari threatened to hang him, before then he was just a con man.

You see a Vetinari in this story?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Xaerael posted:

Really bad comparison. ET sinking Atari is a myth. The reason Atari sank was because they produced a mountain of consoles in time for the xmas that ET was also released.
Didn't their CEO fill high positions with people he liked, rather than people with skills, including making a chauffeur Director of sales in Southern France?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

tooterfish posted:

Only after Vetinari threatened to hang him, before then he was just a con man.

You see a Vetinari in this story?

DEREK SMART

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Didn't their CEO fill high positions with people he liked, rather than people with skills, including making a chauffeur Director of sales in Southern France?

The end of Atari was nuts. There was all sorts of insane poo poo going on. But yeah, the CEO was a good example of a bad decision maker. Not a bad person, per se, but he was a chart topper in the reasons Atari got into trouble.

It just bothers me that all the blame is laid at the feet of one game that was made in a phenomenal timescale by one dude, and isn't even nearly as bad as people who've never played it like to say it is. And certainly isn't the cause of toppling one of the biggest, fastest growing home entertainment companies of it's era.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I can't wait for the FPS module so I can spent $1000 on an ever expanding arsenal of weapons and skins.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
The weird comparisons between MGSV and Star Citizen are way off the mark.

MGSV started with a burning whale.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Sure, you can pay 100 dollars for a bigger gun that does more damage, is more accurate, has a higher rate of fire, less recoil, and a faster reload time -- but this isn't pay to win!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I have this excellent concept of a .jpg that will represent what will eventually be in a game that will eventually come out and will be everything you ever dreamed of and more. It will only cost $1,500 USD and it will include in game insurance!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:stonklol:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That's a troll that has to be.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

faith... yeah, not a cult.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

For a module that is supposed to be out soon, it is insane how much work still needs to be done on it. They don't have all of the weapons and only just implemented sound detection in their radar system. And one of the bug fixes was to add the missing crosshairs of some weapons, seriously...

quote:

Attached is also a picture of my feedback, which needs to be approved by Todd and Tobi early next week. Todd is on a much needed holiday today, and by the time I sent my feedback for Tobias to review he’d already gone for the night. Ah, the challenges of distributed development…

LMAO

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tokamak posted:

For a module that is supposed to be out soon, it is insane how much work still needs to be done on it. They don't have all of the weapons and only just implemented sound detection in their radar system. And one of the bug fixes was to add the missing crosshairs of some weapons, seriously...

LMAO

am i right in assuming they are modelling the inside of that loving claymore thing? lol if so.

the short demo video they show of the rifle shooting is rather mediocre. also, there are companies that churn out fps's on a yearly basis that look better than that.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 3, 2015

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

What is even going on in that picture?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Fredrik1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc4QuZymGc

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Alchenar posted:

That's a troll that has to be.

I can believe a shitizen would get that passionate about pie.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
oh jesus i took a look at the couple of videos on the bottom of that post and it just looks like a steaming turd. they really thought a ladder animation and some glitched out ballet pose is something that really matters enough to showcase in a FPS?

most fuckers that would theoretically be playing this non-existent game would not even see that animation because its in the FIRST PERSON perspective!

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 3, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for :lesnick:'s wife.

I met some nerd, he seems nice, we hit it off, he's got this chance of a great job. The job is happening, we are going to get married, he's working with this famous guy who made computer games decades ago, they are a really great couple, paying for everything every time we go to eat together. He's being promoted, they are breaking world records, we have to move across the country, I'm sure it will be great, Hollywood here I come. It was my birthday, I got lots of gifts including a shaver from the boss, she's continuing to shout and swear a lot, it's quite worrying and all the talk about her sex life, I dunno. The shouting continues, I'm worried, she's fired all my friends, I've tried to get messages through to the Chinese factory to help me with no luck. She's pulling my chair closer, someone help me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Agrajag posted:

am i right in assuming they are modelling the inside of that loving claymore thing? lol if so.

Fredrik1 posted:

They got the high poly model of the claymore and are asking the artist to completely change the design. Instead of the flat plastic cover, the boss copy/pasted the grenade design on the claymore and said 'make it look like this', and blamed 'distributed development' for the mistake.

tl;dr: they are confirming the rumour that they are making artists redo work which already had concept approval.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 3, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/14724-The-Kickstarter-Burger

If anyone from the escapist is reading, if you could run a comparison between the failure to deliver Star Citizen via kickstarter, to the successful delivery of the Doobie's Dog House kick starter in your next piece, I'll love you forever.

Thanks.

AP fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 3, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I feel sorry for :lesnick:'s wife.

I met some nerd, he seems nice, we hit it off, he's got this chance of a great job. The job is happening, we are going to get married, he's working with this famous guy who made computer games decades ago, they are a really great couple, paying for everything every time we go to eat together. He's being promoted, they are breaking world records, we have to move across the country, I'm sure it will be great, Hollywood here I come. It was my birthday, I got lots of gifts including a shaver from the boss, she's continuing to shout and swear a lot, it's quite worrying and all the talk about her sex life, I dunno. The shouting continues, I'm worried, she's fired all my friends, I've tried to get messages through to the Chinese factory to help me with no luck. She's pulling my chair closer, someone help me.
This is genius.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/14724-The-Kickstarter-Burger

If anyone from the escapist is reading, if you could run a comparison between the failure to deliver Star Citizen via kickstarter, to the successful delivery of the Doobie's Dog House kick starter in your next piece, I'll love you forever.

Thanks.

I kind of get what they're going for, but this is actually a pretty poor representation of what happened with Star Citizen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Agrajag posted:

oh jesus i took a look at the couple of videos on the bottom of that post and it just looks like a steaming turd. they really thought a ladder animation and some glitched out ballet pose is something that really matters enough to showcase in a FPS?

most fuckers that would theoretically be playing this non-existent game would not even see that animation because its in the FIRST PERSON perspective!

The company responsible for the fps module worked on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, last years Sonic game.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

3 posted:

In the Tanker chapter of MGS2, there's a bucket of ice that when shot, spills ice cubes everywhere that are programmed to melt realistically based on size and distribution. It is the only part of the game where there is any ice at all, and has literally zero bearing on the rest of the game, Kojima just put it in because he thought it was awesome. And it was.

And you'd wonder if the rest of MGS2 would have been finished if it wasn't for monkey cheese like this. Instead we got two thirds of big shell.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I unironically wrote something like this in the 3rd grade.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I kind of get what they're going for, but this is actually a pretty poor representation of what happened with Star Citizen.

Yeah, should be a $25K hamburger and 2 years.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Stanko-Prussian posted:

The weird comparisons between MGSV and Star Citizen are way off the mark.

MGSV started with a burning whale.

Destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Yeah, should be a $25K hamburger and 2 years.

A giant hamburger that they discover is too big to cook but man does the concept art look tasty.

• Locked thread