Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackdog420 posted:

I too am interested in the mysterious drug known as cocaine. I've heard alot of nasty stories about it! If anyone knows anything about cocaine or has ever encountered a 'cokehead' please send me a PM. Thanks!

Why yes I can answer your questions, I deal in cocaine and cocaine accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
the honorable space court judge hereby calls phoenix wright to the stand

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Skoll posted:

the honorable space court judge hereby calls phoenix wright to the stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1roP52Py7s

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

KJDavid posted:

I am not a lawyer (obviously)

What do you mean obviously. We have 12+ people in this thread who are aparently lawyers moonlighting as forums posters.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Skoll posted:

itt goons / redditors are legal experts

did you miss the few posters that stepped in that apparently do work in the legal industry commenting on the hilarious letter?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

did you miss the few posters that stepped in that apparently do work in the legal industry commenting on the hilarious letter?

objection! i wont have any smart alecks in my court of space law

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I need to be able to not sleep do I don't miss all the hilarious stuff that happens

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

Decrepus posted:

What do you mean obviously. We have 12+ people in this thread who are aparently lawyers moonlighting as forums posters.

I meant to say, "I (obviously) am not a not lawyer."

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EminusSleepus posted:

lol this thread is now the point of information for refund

jesus what is up with the price variance of the constellation and hull-c?

2.5k for a loving not a .jpg.jpg ship!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

can anyone also explain the pricing structure here? what makes a ship worth 60 and one 800+?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 4, 2015

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why yes I can answer your questions, I deal in cocaine and cocaine accessories.

Can you confirm that that boy ain't right

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

I need to be able to not sleep do I don't miss all the hilarious stuff that happens

It is a bit of a chore having to read through 1k posts, if you take a bit of a 1 - 2 day break. But at least you know you'll never be starved itt.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

It'll still be on fire tomorrow, don't worry about it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Will CitizenCon be livestreamed?

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

Can anyone also explain the pricing structure here? what makes a ship worth 60 and one 800+?

New cocaine dealer, new prices

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Star citizen is the centralia of games now. It will never not be on fire

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

quote:

"You get 9 people saying those things? That's a lawsuit."
The Escapist podcast, unironically discussing the allegations
I know it's already been said but dang-- the Ortwin reply says more by what it completely ignores. It seems almost entirely about protecting Sandi's image-- not defending CIG itself against claims of financial mismanagement, misuse of funds, "embezzlement", development dysfunction, knowingly taking advantage of nerds by selling them overpriced ships for a game it knows will not exist as originally promised, etc.

The claims against Sandi are outrageous -- yet even if they were removed completely from the Escapist article, the article remains absolutely damning of CIG and Chris. Is Ortwin's calculation that he can't win on the other claims (you know, the ones that suggest CIG is engaged in fraud, fleecing and is doomed?)

Pretend the Escapist retracts the claims about Sandi as boss and apologizes. We are still left with an article alleging fraud, "embezzlement" (or fund misappropriation), of milking backers, of Chris as tyrant and wannabe George Lucas, fiddling with stupid details while CIG burns. It remains a tolling of the death bell for CIG. Why would CIG not want to fight against those allegations, too?

It's like they've been smacked in the face then stabbed repeatedly in the gut, and as they are lying there bleeding, they cried out "How dare you slap me?"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Agrajag posted:

can anyone also explain the pricing structure here? what makes a ship worth 60 and one 800+?
The most expensive ones are .PNGs. Wait until they start getting into the .TIFFs...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Eonwe posted:

Same. :munch:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

It'll still be on fire tomorrow, don't worry about it.

It's the gaming equivalent of a tire fire. :allears:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Anyone with even a general education can tell trying to sue the press for libel is not going to work in your favor.

Especially when they went to reasonable lengths to vet the sources.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Agrajag posted:

jesus what is up with the price variance of the constellation and hull-c?

2.5k for a loving not a .jpg.jpg ship!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ship prices are based on

1) Rarity
2) Size
3) Component used
4) whatever reason Ben LessDick will come up with

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

The most expensive ones are .PNGs. Wait until they start getting into the .TIFFs...

Some even own an .svg

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
These are the actions of a company in its death throes. The motive for making this public is to shift the blame away from themselves for having failed catastrophically. They see this as an opportunity to tenuously convince the die-hard fans that they could have gotten the money to complete the project if it wasn't for that rascally Derek Smart and the evils of click-bait journalism. The whole circus serves as a means of distraction, and the evidence for this is that the accusations regarding money, the only bits that are actually essential, doesn't even appear in the release or in Chris's fugue state ramblings. They're trying to hide the fact that the money is loving gone, and they are using this as an opportunity to shift the blame away from themselves in anticipation of that news becoming irrefutable. On some level I think Chris and Sandi are relieved because they now have something to focus on other than the colossal hole they've made for everyone involved.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 4, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

The Kins posted:

:vince:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Kins posted:

They're already getting into a TIFF, with the Escapist.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

These are the actions of a company in its death throes. The motive for making this public is to shift the blame away from themselves for having failed catastrophically. They see this as an opportunity to tenuously convince the die-hard fans that they could have gotten the money to complete the project if it wasn't for that rascally Derek Smart and the evils of click-bait journalism. The whole circus serves as a means of distraction, and the evidence for this is that the accusations regarding money, the only bits that are actually essential, doesn't even appear in the release or in Chris's fugue state ramblings. They're trying to hide the fact that the money is loving gone, and they are using this as an opportunity to shift the blame away from themselves in anticipation of that news becoming irrefutable. On some level I think Chris and Sandi are relieved because they now have something to focus on other than the colossal hole they've made for themselves.

Isn't the idea behind Stretch Goals (and Kickstarter itself) that they are financed when they are reached? There should be no need for further financing.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

These are the actions of a company in its death throes. The motive for making this public is to shift the blame away from themselves for having failed catastrophically. They see this as an opportunity to tenuously convince the die-hard fans that they could have gotten the money to complete the project if it wasn't for that rascally Derek Smart and the evils of click-bait journalism. The whole circus serves as a means of distraction, and the evidence for this is that the accusations regarding money, the only bits that are actually essential, doesn't even appear in the release or in Chris's fugue state ramblings. They're trying to hide the fact that the money is loving gone, and they are using this as an opportunity to shift the blame away from themselves in anticipation of that news becoming irrefutable. On some level I think Chris and Sandi are relieved because they now have something to focus on other than the colossal hole they've made for everyone involved.

objection! the space prosecution is leading the witnesses! i move to strike these comments from the space record

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GaussianCopula posted:

Isn't the idea behind Stretch Goals (and Kickstarter itself) that they are financed when they are reached? There should be no need for further financing.

you seem to have a misapprehension on how crobizzle and CIG operate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I heard citcon is like a week or something

What can they be doing for a loving week for an unreleased nonexistent game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

They're already getting into a TIFF, with the Escapist.
:haw:

GaussianCopula posted:

Should be. A lot of things should be completed and implemented in the game by now. But, well, you know...

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

GaussianCopula posted:

They are still having ship sales, they are going around asking people who want refunds if it's because of the Escapist article, and Smart just floated the rumor that they were going around to other publishers looking for help. The article could influence all of these things.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Skoll posted:

objection! the space prosecution is leading the witnesses! i move to strike these comments from the space record

nothing I said had anything to do with the law though.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Interested in becoming a corporate investor with Cloud Imperium?
ir@cloudimperiumgames.com

Is it still crowd funding if you ask a crowd of investors if they want to fund you?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Staring at the table where the finished game isn't. Creeping on anything with a pulse (and a few things that don't). Silently wishing they bought tickets to EGX instead. The usual, really.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Eonwe posted:

Getting ready to unveil their new financing program for a new line of ships that cost at least 6-digits each.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So how long until Star Citizen gets its own cryptocurrency?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dusty Lens posted:

Is it still crowd funding if you ask a crowd of investors if they want to fund you?

is there a reason why they have that many studios?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Since people are interested in what being around a cokehead is like, I used to know a guy a fair while back who was on whatever he could get his hands on. The odd thing with whenever he was confirmed to be on coke, it was hard to tell. He was just VERY hyper and couldn't keep still. One of the prolonged symptoms was he would fidget and gesticulate constantly, and itch his nose tons. He was also really difficult to engage in fully coherent conversation. Like, most of the things he said would make perfect sense, and then he'd just say something that would make you go "eh?". Also, speech patterns could go out the window and he'd just trip over words.

He was also prone to jumping before he looked, saying stuff without considering the consequences, etc.

BUT. One of the things i've heard from several people is that it can affect people in different ways, and when someone is also on other stuff, weird interractions are very common. A lot of the "symptoms" are common with other things too.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dusty Lens posted:

Roberts was pretty excited to get corporate investment from coke until he realized it was only a soft drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

nothing I said had anything to do with the law though.

i am holding you in contempt

• Locked thread