Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
If anyone has a source for Classic Saab 900 parts, please let me know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Does our favorite damaged goods saab expert still post here? Haven't seen him in some time, although I haven't exactly been looking.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Raluek posted:

Does our favorite damaged goods saab expert still post here? Haven't seen him in some time, although I haven't exactly been looking.

I dare you to look at his profile

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

I dare you to look at his profile

Ah, that explains the relative coherence of the forum of late. Guess you're out of luck, Boaz.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

You know, the thought did cross my mind. It then immediately left.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Blow out is a term I wish I didn't just learn the meaning of.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

90% of my job is cool for the most part, but the other 10% is so loving intolerable it makes me want to say gently caress it I'm done.

Drunk people on vacation can suck my rear end.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boaz MacPhereyson posted:

There's a Saab and Volvo vintage shop near me in Ballard, I'm willing to take a look for you. What do you need?

Because I need this. I need this so loving bad.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

14 INCH DICK posted:

There's a Saab and Volvo vintage shop near me in Ballard, I'm willing to take a look for you. What do you need?

Because I need this. I need this so loving bad.

Coolant tee. '84-'93 900s. Circled below. If you make it over there and see one, I'd really appreciate it. If they're wanting stupid money for it though, don't worry about it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Raluek posted:

I think he still reads the forum but doesn't post.

I know he has a bunch of alts but the last two alts I know of his got banned.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

I think he still reads the forum but doesn't post.

I know he has a bunch of alts but the last two alts I know of his got banned.

Because they were 40 posts a day

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Because they were 40 posts a day

Not surprised. I think the last time I saw him post here, besides some random post in the chat thread, he had posted in just about every single AI thread and started a fight with at least one person in each thread.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Raluek posted:

I know how to get in touch with him, if someone really needs him summoned.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
He does know saab

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

some texas redneck posted:

I know how to get in touch with him, if someone really needs him summoned.

I have a Ouija board too, but there are just some things I refuse to do.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Oh god what have I done...

PUT IT BACK!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Coolant tee. '84-'93 900s. Circled below. If you make it over there and see one, I'd really appreciate it. If they're wanting stupid money for it though, don't worry about it.

Define stupid money for me because I assumed that part would be the opposite of that. What makes it hard to find?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Based on what I've seen online, OEM parts were around $80 but are now NLA. But apparently they go for peanuts at junkyards. I don't even need the sensor that threads into it, just the tee itself.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you use the phrase temperature sensor adapter on ebay, you encounter a wide variety of sizes and colors and thread pitches ranging from 5 bucks on up, I didn't know if you needed the small sensor size or the big sensor size but there's an idea.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Here's a private Saab junkyard here in Denver:

http://www.milehiauto.com/automotive-services/used-saab-parts-denver/#more-23

These guys are near Sacramento CA:

http://www.vandsautodismantlers.com/

I've bought from and recommend both.

I also agree with 14", there should be a wide variety of generic parts available, usually intended for aftermarket cooling fan switches on hot rods and V8 swaps.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you absolutely have to have the Saab one though i will try to make some calls monday.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Does it have a sensor boss in too?

I've got a later turbo in my saab 99 and have a coolant tee there for the turbo coolant and it is made out of copper plumbing fittings which even clamp in nicely. I am using an uneven T which then has a further size reducer on the lower output

You can also buy nice plastic ones on eBay now too.I will probably replace mine with one of these at some point to make it a bit more elegant.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Tomarse posted:

I've got a later turbo in my saab 99 and have a coolant tee there for the turbo coolant and it is made out of copper plumbing fittings which even clamp in nicely. I am using an uneven T which then has a further size reducer on the lower output

You can also buy nice plastic ones on eBay now too.I will probably replace mine with one of these at some point to make it a bit more elegant.

Isn't having copper in a car coolant loop (ie a coolant loop full of aluminium and iron) a SUPER BAD IDEA electrolytically?

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 4, 2015

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

leica posted:

90% of my job is cool for the most part, but the other 10% is so loving intolerable it makes me want to say gently caress it I'm done.

Drunk people on vacation can suck my rear end.

What do you do for a living?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress all previous owners.

Edit: don't handle purple primer with open cuts folks. It hurts to holy hell.

I see your previous owner hated straight pipe and went with all-fitting plumbing. Creative, but much more expensive.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Based on what I've seen online, OEM parts were around $80 but are now NLA. But apparently they go for peanuts at junkyards. I don't even need the sensor that threads into it, just the tee itself.

PM ultimateforce, maybe he could fabricate one for you? Can't imagine it would cost that much.

corn in the fridge posted:

What do you do for a living?

Security guard at a beach resort. I'm pretty much an adult babysitter, yay.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

literally a fish posted:

Isn't having copper in a car coolant loop (ie a coolant loop full of aluminium and iron) a SUPER BAD IDEA electrolytically?

What, like a copper/brass radiator? :v:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Agenda for the day:
wash car
10 miles on the bike
football

my mother has been practically begging for a chance to drive the mustang, so I'll probably relent on that today too.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Security guard at a beach resort. I'm pretty much an adult babysitter, yay.

What time of year is best to visit to avoid the mentally challenged?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

Agenda for the day:
wash car
10 miles on the bike
football

my mother has been practically begging for a chance to drive the mustang, so I'll probably relent on that today too.
I kind of feel bad for buying a manual mustang. My mom was shopping for one 12 years ago because she used to drive a 68, but said that the car was too loud for her. She would never learn stick just to drive my car though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BrokenKnucklez posted:

He's in Florida so you'll want to avoid it every day of the year.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

He's dead.

Rhyno posted:

Man gently caress cancer. We find out monday if the not father in law's treatment is having any efect.
:glomp: sorry man and gently caress cancer

MustardFacial posted:

The wife is pregnant.
Congratulations

InitialDave posted:

You know you're getting old when your friends are getting pregnant on purpose.
First it was everyone getting married, now it's everyone having kids and a few having their second.

PaintVagrant posted:

Is it a terrible idea to just sell my perfectly fine modern 2007 honda and buy like 3 barely running late 90s hondas and just lego the gently caress out of everything for the rest of my life? Its what I wanted to do in high school and never had a chance, so its a little itch inside me, begging me to build sweet B18C's with ebay turbos and poo poo

PaintVagrant posted:

My 04 accord is worth about 8k, my 07 civic si is prob worth about 7k. Accord is paid off, owe about 6k on civic.
Not completely terrible but having a back up newer reliable car is nice. I loved daily driving the 928, various E30's and the E21. Sell the Civic, keep the accord since it's already paid off.

Powershift posted:

At the landfill here, they turn you away if your load isn't covered, on busy days they have cops sitting right at the dump checking unsecured loads and insurance/rego.
The one time i talked to the cop, he said on a busy saturday, they'll write about 50 unsecured load tickets, and 5 no insurance/rego combos.
unsecured load is a $250 ticket, no insurance and rego is over $3000 plus a tow.
I wish more places would do this. I've had a couple close calls on the bike and have had to jump to the shoulder a few times in the car.

InitialDave posted:

The Martian is really, really good, pretty much a straight lift from the book. Go see it.
Think I'm headed to see this in a couple hours.

Managed to miss my flight yesterday morning...drat that's a bad feeling.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Total work on the board today: Mount 12 tires. Been milking it for all it's got and I'm already on number 9. Didn't find anything broken in the yard either. Gonna be a long day.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Funny enough, October is the best time, but honestly it's hard to predict when you're gonna get amateurs that don't know how to act in public.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

He's in Florida so you'll want to avoid it every day of the year.

It's mostly the idiots on vacation from out of state that are the problem. Indiana and Michigan people are the worst.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Indiana and Michigan people are the worst.

What have I been saying for years now?

So, sadness and massive amounts of booze result in...odd things.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

NitroSpazzz posted:

:glomp: sorry man and gently caress cancer

This. Condolences and let us know if you need anything.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I wish more places would do this. I've had a couple close calls on the bike and have had to jump to the shoulder a few times in the car.

Ever since I was almost murdered by a tumbling couch cushion, I've stopped to call them in every chance I get. Usually just make/model/direction/road since I don't want to be behind that vehicle any more than possible.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Tomarse posted:

That's pretty much all it is is a monster sensor bung in a pipe. The sensor is 22mm x 1.5. Big. BMW uses a sensor that does the same job, but the threads are quite a bit smaller. I may run back out there today to see if I can't pick one up.

14" - I've seen those adapters, but I don't know if the threads are the right size. I'll probably have better luck finding something for the BMW as I believe it's a 14mm x 1.5 so it may be easier to find fittings for that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Like I said just play around I saw just about any imaginable thread pitch you just need to sort through. I'm still looking around. So it's Def not the M22 thread sensor?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Fence finished, looks good.
Managed to make one of my two awkward size gates out of the offcuts without it looking like a pintrest "make rustic furniture out of pallets" shitmess.
Found a neighbor who'll actually talk to us, talked for ages.
Put my bike together, nothing wrong with it.

I doubt I'll get a chance to put the garage together properly until the weekend but progress is good to see.
Now I just need to see if Travis Perkins will take back the posts I ended up not needing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

It's mostly the idiots on vacation from out of state that are the problem. Indiana and Michigan people are the worst.

Based on what I see at Wings games, I can only loving imagine.

• Locked thread