Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

49 laughs, 4 chuckles & 1 giggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Octopode posted:

Thank you for reminding us that you're incompetent enough that reading and interpreting a public API documentation is beyond your abilities.

You spent $1500 on fake spaceships and continue to defend it as a rational decision.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Octopode posted:

Thank you for reminding us that you're incompetent enough that reading and interpreting a public API documentation is beyond your abilities.

What does P in API stand for?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

peter gabriel posted:

Latest News: CIG shy away from selling concept .pngs 'Worried about transparency' say our sources

Without transparency how will we see the inside of claymores?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BadOptics posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287623/thank-you-chris-roberts-sandi-the-team-and-all-the-backers

Not a cult. Love how Chris Roberts made his childhood amazing but gently caress YOU DAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

You spent $1500 on fake spaceships and continue to defend it as a rational decision.

He's not going to stop posting and you humping his leg for the third time in a day is getting old. Just saying.

Can't we all get along and enjoy the game?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

Now the thread has peaked. Time to return to browsing the rest of SA. Goodluck, my friends.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

corn in the bible posted:

Without transparency how will we see the inside of claymores?

Exactly, what are they hiding inside those claymores? Makes you think

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Paladinus posted:

What does P in API stand for?

Poop, obviously.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Octopode posted:

Poop, obviously.

Shows what you know, it actually stands for Programmes

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

peter gabriel posted:

Shows what you know, it actually stands for Programmes

I'll get you next time, Derek Smart!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

He's not going to stop posting and you humping his leg for the third time in a day is getting old. Just saying.

Can't we all get along and enjoy the game?

But dad he started it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao, Octopode doesn't even know what API means. I start to doubt his understanding of video games legal system and whatnot.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Who has a link to the old threads? Someone must. I want to laugh at the goon opsec discussions and earnest complaining about gbs trolling them by saying the game will never come out, and offsite discussions about how best to get back at the mod that gassed their thread (or was that last one archage?)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
P is even pronounced as pee. Lol, you can't be that dumb.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm looking at the escapist's podcast and article right now and the comments are so full of cultists it's amazing. Every single one of them has their fingers in their ears screaming LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU as they furiously lash out at anyone who tries to tell them they're on a sinking ship. And the water is up to their knees. And the water is their own piss.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

e; Plus, once the ship has finally sunk and Croberts has buggered off to El Salvador with the last couple of million or whatever, they'll all say this only happened because of meanies like The Escapist who ruined the glorious new era of gaming and killed our savior!

Paladinus posted:

Lmao, Octopode doesn't even know what API means. I start to doubt his understanding of video games legal system and whatnot.

Seems to me like he's an expert on Space Court.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

redwalrus posted:

Now the thread has peaked. Time to return to browsing the rest of SA. Goodluck, my friends.

lol if you think this thread is anywhere near peaking.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

Mister Adequate posted:

Seems to me like he's an expert on Space Court.

No, that's thatguy. I specialize in maritime law; but really, it's similar enough to space law.

Edit: But there's no legally recognized definition of where the edge of space is, so one has to wonder how to determine, legally, if you're even IN space court.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.
So is there space in Goony hearts for somebody like me who only spent 50 bucks and is happy to wait?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

nopantsjack posted:

Is this guy a CIG forum mod or something? Thats totally incoherent and its ominous they're taking a line on not disclosing the expenses of their crowdsourced project. I mean ominous in the way a bloody knife is long after the stabbing.

He's the Community Manager, and also the thread is now closed.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

BadOptics posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287623/thank-you-chris-roberts-sandi-the-team-and-all-the-backers

Not a cult. Love how Chris Roberts made his childhood amazing but gently caress YOU DAD!

To be fair, this is exactly what legacy game industry has-beens rely on. Once upon a time, they had limited involvement in some hit game and now, 20 years later, they want all your money to make their new masterpiece come to life. It will be a major slap in the face to the AAA industry, will redefine video games for decades to come and offer an unrivalled experience to the true believers... Kickstarter campaigns cashing in on pure nostalgia aren't new but Chris Roberts &co managed to take it to astronomical levels.

What bothers me is that the catastrophic Star Citizen failure will put a massive dent in crowdsourcing for a fairly long time: people will be reluctant to trust even developers with established pedigrees and actual cool things to show. There are some excellent things to come from video game Kickstarter campaigns, such as the CRPG renaissance, so I'd hate to see all of that gone just because some guy whose last game was in 2001 decided to prey on gullible nerds.

Kryopsis fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 5, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Octopode posted:

I'll get you next time, Derek Smart!

:smug:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nif9v/on_current_events_by_a_nonbacker/

I found this post somewhat balanced.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol if you think this thread is anywhere near peaking.

There's a cult meeting next week

I'm expecting:

Derek Smart burned in effigy, live, on-stage
Chris Roberts telling everyone there's a conspiracy out to get them, live, on-stage.
Chris Roberts showing a 10-hole lunch poke card then jokingly pointing out it's not proof of employment
A black person, led, on stage. Will raise embraced hands with Chris and Sandi on-stage
Four or 5 "accidental" leaks of Escapist employees personal information in powerpoint presentations
No game
BSODs
jpgs sold for $100s

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

4th comment posted:

You're not adding to the conversation, your bullshit isn't neutral, it didn't help, get lost you bottom feeder!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

jpgs sold for $100s

Oh? Discounts?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Last Comment posted:

Help in what? We don't care about outsiders because they don't know the full story. So stay out and read the reviews when the game releases, until then, gently caress Drama Queens!

Wise words imo

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

It's a reasonable opinion on Reddit, as such we should probably quote the post before its gets downvoted and the author removes it to stop haemorrhaging fake internet point.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Madcosby posted:

I'm expecting:

Chris Roberts telling everyone there's a conspiracy out to get them, live, on-stage.
Chris Roberts showing a 10-hole lunch poke card then jokingly pointing out it's not proof of employment
A black person, led, on stage. Will raise embraced hands with Chris and Sandi on-stage
Four or 5 "accidental" leaks of Escapist employees personal information in powerpoint presentations
No game
BSODs
jpgs sold for $100s

Proof of pubes for at least one employee.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

this is amazing

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Octopode posted:

No, that's thatguy. I specialize in maritime law; but really, it's similar enough to space law.

Edit: But there's no legally recognized definition of where the edge of space is, so one has to wonder how to determine, legally, if you're even IN space court.

Do your jpegs have a #FFD700 fringe? Because I have some bad news for you.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Any post that doesn't support CIG is Derek Smart. I'm not even exaggerating, go look under "new."

They will accuse you of being Derek Smart.

He has become the cult's boogey man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Madcosby posted:

I'm expecting:

No game
BSODs
jpgs sold for $100s

See you in the 'verse, brother.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I bet this goes well, genuine concerns are always met with empathy and

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/287729/i-was-gone-for-one-year-and-one-month

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Ugh. I will hate if this whole thing goes even further into a public airing of marriage woes. That's an ugly sideshow, it's embarrassing for the kids, and the real story is the financial mess.

How much of this would've been avoided if she'd just used the name Sandi Roberts instead of trying to pretend she wasn't his wife, coercing employees to tow an unnecessary lie of omission, and thereby giving Derek Smart another thread on the sweater to start pulling on?

CIG needs to hire a crisis PR person like yesterday- a REAL one, the sort who can say "stop doing this bullshit you are only making it worse" to Chris, Ortwin and Sandi without fear of being fired, berated as "retarded", or told they have no balls. This would be the single wisest investment of backer funds in the world right now, short of buying a luxury villa with a defensible perimeter in some South American banana republic that ignores extradition requests.

this ^ IMO, CRs response was the single biggest PR blunder in gaming history. Ortwin's was the second biggest. And, it all seems to have one main theme, a total meltdown over things said about Sandi.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Madcosby posted:

I'm expecting:

No game
BSODs
jpgs sold for $100s
* Flavor-aid for everyone!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

thank you ortwin for being the legal counsel CIG deserves

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Itzena posted:

* Flavor-aid for everyone!