Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Of all the people I can think of who would be that vizier, Yves comes the closest, but even he couldn't actually go that far if it meant risking seeing that look on Barnold's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
:siren:13th Age 70: Grave Dug:siren:
The Elements face Nikud’s new first lieutenant, the very same undead lord who nearly wiped out the party on the shores of Necropolis: the Gravedigger. In a battle that spans the city, this fiendish foe reveals that Nikud may be after more than a mere second chance at Cathedral– and his true architectural prowess is revealed.

:siren:13th Age 70 Tabletalk:siren:
Discussion of the upcoming Nobilis and figuring out what that cliffhanger even meant.

Tabletalk takes place before, during, and after our sessions. It’s lightly edited and perfect for casual listening, and to get an idea of just what we were thinking when we did all that nonsense!

Six Feats Under presents: 13th Age

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Does that ending mean there's going to be a giant robot fight next episode? :swoon:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Episode 71 is already my favorite episode.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
It's been so long since I've listened to this. I wasn't sure where I was so I just started at Drakkenhall and I'm going from there. Just made it to Regulus and re-meeting Slots!

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I am disappointed that Rip didn't shout "THEY STOLE REV. WHATEVER-HIS-NAME'S BRAIN!" It would have been a nice call back to when Mint's brain was stolen but it really wasn't stolen, it was just Rip over reacting. Though maybe to obvious?

Still that was a great session despite everyone having a critical case of the roll-bads.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Nav's flower thing made me think of Grim Fandango.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I wonder if Necropolitan 13 is what happens when a Living Dungeon gets reanimated.

Noelor
Oct 5, 2009

Gnome , you mentioned a more comprehensible summary of Nobilis' rules. Is this a thing that is publicly available? I've been interested in the game before, but always found the rules kinda... labyrinthine, I guess.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Noelor posted:

Gnome , you mentioned a more comprehensible summary of Nobilis' rules. Is this a thing that is publicly available? I've been interested in the game before, but always found the rules kinda... labyrinthine, I guess.

Well it isn't a publicly available thing because it's a thing I wrote myself. So I've uploaded it here, but you need the core rulebook too because it references that thing constantly.

Which means it's a publicly available thing now, I guess.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
So we recorded a 13th Age session today and I'm gonna call it, it was a really good session.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm back on the Breakfast Cult episodes. I remembered them vaguely but listening to them this time was really fun and Chet "The Toaster" Worthington was as great as I remember.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I love Chet, and I love all the people who love Chet. He's coming soon to a Breakfast Cult rulebook near you: https://twitter.com/maddigzlz/status/637653550902849537

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to this session report. It sounds like it's going to be kind of ridiculous, especially if somehow the Occultist forms the chest of the robot and as a result nobody ever takes damage, even if there is some camera shake.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

So, how long until the inevitable Fellowship bonus feat? It's always nifty hearing Gnome run his creations.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

biosterous posted:

So, how long until the inevitable Fellowship bonus feat? It's always nifty hearing Gnome run his creations.

let me put it this way: nate played a halfling.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Yessssssssssss

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Ever wish you could hang out with your favorite Six Feats Under crew members in a gaming convention atmosphere? Whether you said yes or no, the chance exists just the same! We'll be making our convention debut at ValorCon, October 16-18 in Block 37 in the Chicago Loop (State and Washington, across the street from Macy's). This is ValorCon's first year of operation, and they've put together a pretty cool lineup of games and programming. Games feeatured on the show include WWWRPG, Ehdrigohr, 13th Age, and Dungeon World; not to mention the PC and console gaming rooms. A number of us will be around hanging out and playing games, and we'd love to have the chance to meet listeners face-to-face!

On Saturday, at 1pm, I'll be helping present the Gaming Podcasts 101 panel with James and Kat from the One Shot network, and Megan from The Jank Cast. As soon as that's finished, at 2pm Saturday, we'd like to have a Feats Fan meetup at Magnolia Bakery at State and Randolph. They make fantastic snacks, and since it's outside the convention people should feel free to come by whether they have a convention badge or not.

You can learn more about ValorCon's programming and such here: http://valorcon.com/#home

And here's the slice of the schedule with the most important parts:

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Now I wonder what's "Romance in Bioware Games" panel is supposed to be

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
It's just a dude with a powerpoint that says:

• Save up all your interesting, likeable personalities for the weird monster people.
  • If you gotta have a human who's any fun to talk to make them some kind of mentally broken murder person.
  • Everyone's gay for Garrus, milk that if you can.

The whole thing takes three minutes and the only question he gets is about Tali body pillows.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Well if you come out you can see for yourself while wearing a brand-new 6FU shirt.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dr. Buttass posted:

It's just a dude with a powerpoint that says:

• If you gotta have a human who's any fun to talk to make them some kind of mentally broken murder person.

The whole thing takes three minutes and the only question he gets is about Tali body pillows.

How dare you insult the honor of James "Beef Squatthrust" Vega

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How dare you insult the honor of James "Beef Squatthrust" Vega

Jimmy and Cortez are weird outliers and can be safely ignored for the purposes of this conversation.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

General Ironicus posted:

Well if you come out you can see for yourself while wearing a brand-new 6FU shirt.

I don't live in America, so I'm gonna have to rely on tales about it
Personally I hope that it's just "How not to write characters 101"

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

Dr. Buttass posted:

I am like 97% certain that in the first retail magic session Pinot was explicitly a talking housecat of the sleeps-all-day-eats-mice-15-pounds-at-the-outside variety. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe the kid was really short and Pinot was standing on the counter.
Not quite--

sentrygun posted:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the character Eliza said Pinot basically was in the first tabletalk. Could be wrong, but it matches.

This is correct. Retail Magic character creation involves rolling a bunch of dice to determine your character archetype and details. I got a character with cat-like physical features who talks like a cat, red eyes, platinum hair, a blue and gold outfit, uses martial arts, and resorts to indiscriminate violence as a result of a stress explosion. The game basically described the hell out of Neferpitou, who I kinda love, so I ran with that.

Pinot is as tall as anyone else. They're human-looking with cat features; they just act like a common housecat often so it's easy to make that mistake!! But you can imagine them looking pretty much like Neferpitou because that's what the dice gave me! I'll try to remember to describe their appearance again in the next episode we record.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

dasmause posted:

I don't live in America, so I'm gonna have to rely on tales about it
Personally I hope that it's just "How not to write characters 101"

Y'all are doing a great job of ignoring the exciting hints.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
This may not be the right place to ask, but are the links to mynameiskaz's section of DMing the original dnd lp still around somewhere?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

General Ironicus posted:

You don't know the levels of density I can achieve

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

General Ironicus posted:

:wink:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
:siren::siren: Fellowship :siren::siren:
Remember, the Fellowship Kickstarter ends in a few short days! Back it now for your chance to play before release!

Art by Crossfrown and is official Fellowship art. The art commissioned for this session will show up a little bit late to post this in time for people to see the kickstarter.

Fellowship part 0: The Fellowship of a Thing

Tolkien fiction’s great and all, but what if it were… better? Resident game developer Gnome has tried to do exactly that with their latest game, Fellowship. Let’s learn about a new fellowship… and a new overlord. Featuring Ironicus as the giant Kroll, Nate as the halfling Bungo Bullroarer, Clove as the harbinger Granny Uta Obaasan, Marah as the orc Rallix Ricebelly… and the one and only Gnome as the great and terrible Iron General, Glory from Beyond.

Fellowship 1: Bungo Bullroarer’s Fine Sunday Morning

A quiet little halfling house is disturbed one morning as a wizened musician comes for tea, an orc snores on the doorstop, and the hill beneath rises to its feet– just in time for the idyllic village nearby to burst into flame. The not-so-heroic foursome bursts cautiously into action, joined by a larcenous dwarf. Perhaps one village will be saved, but the culprit’s identity leaves the fate of the world at large in question.

Six Feats Under Presents: Fellowship
Clove’s Twitter - Tumblr
Marah’s Twitter - Tumblr

Solstoria by Charmwitch
Maddi Gonzalez

Fellowship Tabletalk

The table had a lot to say today, on topics from various character name databases (linked on the podbean page) to the secret behind Kroll’s loincloth.

Tabletalk takes place before, during, and after our sessions. It’s lightly edited and perfect for casual listening, and to get an idea of just what we were thinking when we did all that nonsense!

Six Feats Under Presents: Fellowship

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

A jargogle posted:

This may not be the right place to ask, but are the links to mynameiskaz's section of DMing the original dnd lp still around somewhere?

As far as I know the videos for the original dnd sessions are gone cause blip deleted everything. Most or some of the first half (pre-paragon) of the lp can be found on someone's youtube that I can't remember, but the podcasts for the entire bit is on syrg's website. I can't give links cause I'm at work currently, but mynameiskaz's stuff should be in both of those.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 2, 2015

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Sprite141 posted:

As far as I know the videos for the original dnd sessions are gone cause blip deleted everything. Most or some of the first half (non-heroic I think) of the lp can be found on someone's youtube that I can't remember, but the podcasts for the entire bit is on syrg's website. I can't give links cause I'm at work currently, but mynameiskaz's stuff should be in both of those.

Unfortunately that site suddenly took them all down. It's all here, but unfortunately I can't recall which episodes are Kaz's.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ikks posted:

Unfortunately that site suddenly took them all down. It's all here, but unfortunately I can't recall which episodes are Kaz's.

This site? Or are you talking about the videos on blip? Cause blip got sold and everything got removed. Kisamayatsu should have the podcasts though. The videos I mentioned on youtube still exist, or did as of a month ago, and it's the pre-paragon stuff. Kaz's stuff is in the tower which should be past the mansion but before dragon island and bonerton.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The final ValorCon schedule went out to speakers today, and it turns out I've been lying to you! The Gaming Podcasts 101 panel is now at 11am Saturday. The fan meet-up at Magnolia Bakery is still immediately after, but now that means Noon. I hope this doesn't cause problems for anyone who was really banking on the previous time, and will be working to promote the change so everyone's on the same page before the big day. Thank you for your understanding!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The final ValorCon schedule is up! Like I said in my last post, the Gaming Podcasts 101 panelis now at 11am on Saturday the 17th, and out fan meet-up at Magnolia Bakery is going to be as soon as that ends, around noon: http://valorcon.com/schedule/

I also put together a list of other events that fans of the show might be particularly interested in: http://13questions.tumblr.com/post/130368378253/six-feats-under-at-valorcon

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

ikks posted:

Ah thanks for that, I'll have a look through!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I recently caught up on everything that happened in 13th Age post-Pearl. Sorry to see Manuel go, loving the Glitterhaegen stuff and glad to see Gnome's character fits right in.

I tweeted a guess about this like a year ago, but based on the recent moon-speculation episode I'm gonna double down that "Mint Gelato died on the moon. Something else came back."

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
But that means his OUT "only survivor of the moon mission" is totally a lie. Medibot wouldn't do that would he? Just lie about his OUT to the listeners for the sake of a dramatic twist?

Naw but for real my guess is that it's the same Mint who went up there. Judging by his mom, being a little daffy runs in the family, which is well known for inoculating people against maddening, unknowable powers. Being a little bit weird and terminally confused might be the only thing that saved him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

But that means his OUT "only survivor of the moon mission" is totally a lie. Medibot wouldn't do that would he? Just lie about his OUT to the listeners for the sake of a dramatic twist?

Naw but for real my guess is that it's the same Mint who went up there. Judging by his mom, being a little daffy runs in the family, which is well known for inoculating people against maddening, unknowable powers. Being a little bit weird and terminally confused might be the only thing that saved him.

Confused? Mint is never confused. He perfectly understands, you know, things.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

So, Kroll... big bushy beard, or no?

• Locked thread