Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Speaking of this..is it true that Roberts said the PU will ship final with 50 star systems? I think I read that somewhere..

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dusty Lens posted:

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Baksheesh.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

FOUR MORE YEARS!
This would be an awesome chant at CitCon.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

The guy did COD and Lego Dimensions. I don't see the problem here.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

excellent I am getting my refund

I am probably leaving money on the table from my LTI spaceship but I do not want to interact with the community in any way

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, unless Chris is insane, can you imagine the stress he's enduring right now?

With all the talk about mis-management, his wife and kids, money being mis-used (or outright stolen), screwed up HR practices, lawsuits, refund requests, AND NO VISIBLE PROGRESS ON THE ACTUAL GAME.

I can only imagine he's operating of a couple of hours of sleep a day and is hell to be around right now (double that for his wife, Sandi).

The reversal of fortunes must be pretty bad too. When this thing started he was literally treated like a king wherever he went. Gifts were given, praise flowed freely, love and adulation. Now? It's all crashing down on him.

Yeah, I don't have pity for him. He brought this upon himself. Had they bothered to develop the skeleton of the original game and then iterated more out over months/years nobody would care if he never got it all done. The fact that they can't be hosed to even do that at this point is pretty damning, and his willingness to continue to sell more jpegs to fund his ridiculous idea just seals the deal in terms of his mindset. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of 'yes' people, he doesn't understand how development works, he doesn't have a real producer on the project that can actually reign in the stupidity, and he keeps selling jpegs to fund even more stupid ideas.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

64 job openings, 6 of which are in Austin. Tell me again why a company about to run out of money would be looking to fill a further 64 positions?

Mars needs Mexicans.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

they need to, so to dispel the rumors that they dont hire Old Man

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

excellent I am getting my refund

I am probably leaving money on the table from my LTI spaceship but I do not want to interact with the community in any way

except leave them with some of your money?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Poor guy will probably be like this, by the time he's supposed to get his cut and CIG's 8 million dries up beforehand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwZuO8fWpM

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 7, 2015

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
How did we get so far off topic? We were talking about gluing on pubes.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Madcosby posted:

except leave them with some of your money?

What I think he is saying is that he wont sell his ship in the RMT market but go for a full refund and account deletion. If he simply sold his ship, we could maybe get more money than what he put in the game.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Fain80 posted:

How did we get so far off topic? We were talking about gluing on pubes.

Wrong. We were talking about burgers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
e: nm

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ive got a jpg of the girl from the x-files that took me 4 hours to download in 1994. Any interest in buying? Seems this is the thread to ask. Oh, it comes with life-time insurance; I'll email you the pic again if it's destroyed

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Eonwe posted:

Lmao gently caress this thread

only if you're clean shaven

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dante80 posted:

Speaking of this..is it true that Roberts said the PU will ship final with 50 star systems? I think I read that somewhere..
70, iirc

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Star Citizen Forever: The Phantom Game. F(ailure) has come to.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wookie Bouquet posted:

This is coming from the worst game developer boss ever, you'd think it would lend credibility, but this guy legit thought spending $3 million on a lovely bus was a GOOD IDEA.

He can be the shittiest person ever and still be familiar with the field he works in. The bus or whatever you're talking about is clearly something he wasn't an expert at. But gaming is what he did/does and knows. So him chiming in does lend a lot of credibility to Crobizzle's disaster as opposed the the true believers thinking DSmart is behind everything like a puppet master.

Seeing him being hounded by the true believers after that tweet is also rather amusing.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 7, 2015

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
DSmart just started following my station on Twitter!
I'm excited about new doors opening.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Star Citizen Forever: The Phantom Game. F(ailure) has come to.

A Chris Roberts production.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

Crobizzle

this is pretty good as demeaning nicknames for chris roberts go

0xAYN
Nov 22, 2010

idk lol

Clipperton posted:

this is pretty good as demeaning nicknames for chris roberts go

I like Croblin personally

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Byzantic posted:

I like Croblin personally

i will always have a soft spot for 'bobers'

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Dante80 posted:

110+ actually.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Derek Smart-

"I have finished writing the math model for how I will completely collapse the illegal Star Citizen Grey market. Will run some tests soon"

Happening Status: over 9000

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Dante80 posted:

The guy did COD and Lego Dimensions. I don't see the problem here.

I really like Gary Oldman. But, man, I really doubt that's working for a pat on the back and a high five. How far do you have to be sunk into a vanity project to contract out for names like that to act out your cutscenes between broken unworking game.

If ever there was a single decisive "no" moment it should have been that one.

But I'm just some rear end in a top hat on the internet what do I know. Whoop whoop whoop.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

- the entire concept of an information courier
- cargo actually being modeled and simulated down to the individual item

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'll wait for the movie.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Squadron 42 keeps crashing after the opening cutscene. Also you can't skip the cutscene, which is about 15 minutes long. Is anyone else having this problem?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gryphon0468 posted:

110+ actually.

How many systems have they completed since 2012?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
-like 5 different entirely created alien languages as rich and deep as real languages which are initially hidden but you can discover through space archeology or something

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

- the entire concept of an information courier
- cargo actually being modeled and simulated down to the individual item

space plants and fish tanks with realistic physics

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Space fashion

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

- Sandbox, piracy and economics in conjunction with assets that would stay in game. So many sandcastles.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One of the languages has only the word 'piss' in it.

Piss piss piss means give more money.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

A PVP slider that undermines the very concept of an open world.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IronicDongz posted:

-like 5 different entirely created alien languages as rich and deep as real languages which are initially hidden but you can discover through space archeology or something

Well Tolkien created 2 plus scraps of another 2 and he was an old. There's no lack of philologists working as cashiers that would kill to do this job for a pittance. chaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Did we ever get the specifics on the space rape engine and algorithms

• Locked thread