Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
That looks too similar to FFXIII and that makes me very uncomfortable.

Also, what happened to Majin Tensei? Did Atlus take out old yeller in favor of idols?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Maijin Tensei morphed into Devil Survivor and it was awesome.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Do Persona 4 Arena questions go in here?

Is Ultimax worth playing for the story? I like fighting games and all, but I'm not sure it's something I'm actually going to put enough time in to get good at otherwise. Also, is Ultimax a sequel to P4A or a Street Fighter style expansion? Do they share the same story?

Also, Yosuke's cool.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

croutonZA posted:

Do Persona 4 Arena questions go in here?

Is Ultimax worth playing for the story? I like fighting games and all, but I'm not sure it's something I'm actually going to put enough time in to get good at otherwise. Also, is Ultimax a sequel to P4A or a Street Fighter style expansion? Do they share the same story?

Also, Yosuke's cool.

Yes, the story's good, you can put it on autoplay and let the AI win all the fights for you if you like, it's a direct narrative sequel to Arena.

Also, ehhh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ultima's story is kinda eh, but the new character and Adachi story are enough to make it's ehhhhness. Also yeah, it's actually a sequel. I'm assuming you've already played arena's story, so you should be good.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

You'll need to play Ultimax's storyline, and Dancing All Night's storyline to fully understand the story of the recently announced Persona 4: Capoeira game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I liked Labrys and seeing the P3 gang get back in action enough to make it worth my getting a PS3 specifically to buy Ultimax, but YMMV. It's a direct sequel to P4 Arena but you can buy the P4 Arena story mode as DLC for Ultimax for about £8, which is what a second-hand copy of P4A goes for in the UK anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if we'll ever get more Devil Survivor games.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How'd Break Record do?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Baal posted:

A bunch of words about P4: DAN

I think this post is pretty spot on, although I think you overemphasize the UI issues a bit. By the time I finished the story mode I pretty rarely got tripped up by the interface. No more often than any other game rhythm game anyway. That said it would be nice if they patched it up a little or fixed it in the sequel.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

croutonZA posted:

Also, Yosuke's cool.

a lot of people think they hate Yosuke when they really just hate asinine boner-comedy tropes

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Since we're actually getting another SMT game in a timely fashion I can't really hate on hashtagFE anymore.

Have they said anything about whether the characters can switch Personas in it, or is it just the ones they first get the whole time?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Since we're actually getting another SMT game in a timely fashion I can't really hate on hashtagFE anymore.

Have they said anything about whether the characters can switch Personas in it, or is it just the ones they first get the whole time?

They haven't, but it seems like Personas are just as much characters as the actual characters, so I doubt it. If you can, they'll probably be like, the Sub Persona system from PQ.
It'd be pretty neat if the characters gained access to their FE archetype (ie Main Dude gets Lords, Red Haired Dude gets the Red Cavaliers, etc).

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't wait to read about people playing SMTIVF while waiting for it to never come out in Europe.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I can't wait to read about people playing SMTIVF while waiting for it to never come out in Europe.

Stop it, you'll make me cry.

The MC really, REALLY looks like a girl despite what they've said.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Glad to see Jack Frost is confirmed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Failboattootoot posted:

I think this post is pretty spot on, although I think you overemphasize the UI issues a bit. By the time I finished the story mode I pretty rarely got tripped up by the interface. No more often than any other game rhythm game anyway. That said it would be nice if they patched it up a little or fixed it in the sequel.

I mean fair enough, but even playing games like EBA, DDR, and Theatrhythm it feels their interfaces are simple and don't get in the way of playing the game. I mean hey, it might just be me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Stop it, you'll make me cry.

The MC really, REALLY looks like a girl despite what they've said.

Maybe in futuristic nightmare Tokyo androgyny is the source of spiritual power.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Do Merkabah's pasties need to be tagged NSFW?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm gonna date that mermaid

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm gonna date that mermaid

You live in Europe, you're never getting this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I meant IRL

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's a long distance relationship

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh boy, my favorite anorexic Lucifer design is back

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they rework medusa so she doesn't look like poo poo?

also navarre is cute, I hope you can date him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Navarre the equivalent of the Persona comm girls? He seems to be talking during the battle and not in a cutscene.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Lucifier's got some mean yaoi hands

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

did they rework medusa so she doesn't look like poo poo?

also navarre is cute, I hope you can date him.

Her art was redrawn, look at the scan with Merkabah and Krishna. You may still think it's poo poo though, but it isn't the mess it was before.

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Navarre the equivalent of the Persona comm girls? He seems to be talking during the battle and not in a cutscene.

He's a partner character. He specializes in using items and kaja magic, apparently.

Moltrey posted:

This a reference to the Left Behind series of books, where the Anti-Christ is born onto Earth from the sperm of two gay men.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I liked Louis/Luisa Cypher more.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Baal posted:

The ED is a super important song to the game's story and characters, but it's not sung in English nor is it even subtitled so it loses a lot of the sting it could have to an English speaking audience.

Yeah, it really annoyed me that they didn't even bother to subtitle it. Granted, they didn't subtitle Nevermore or Kimi no Kioku, either, but as you said, the song itself is supposed to be a major plot point in the game, and I'm kinda curious as to what the lyrics actually mean in English.

Especially given the dissonance between the peppy, upbeat music and then suddenly hearing "NOBODY LOVES ME" in English at the end was jarring as hell.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My copy of DAN is finally arriving today. I am excited to make people wear costumes and dance poorly as I fumble with buttons.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

My copy of DAN is finally arriving today. I am excited to make people wear costumes and dance poorly as I fumble with buttons.

The dances don't change if you do poorly. The partner character just doesn't come out during a fever.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Dehry posted:

The dances don't change if you do poorly. The partner character just doesn't come out during a fever.

They're too embarrassed to be on the same stage as you. What a dick move!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh god Lucy looks awful.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Marie still the best. :allears:

Never forget. 6/17/2011 :japan:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Appropriate, considering he's got a dude inside one of them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Golden Goat posted:

You know instead of the usual "Should I rule them all or Kill them all?"

I'm super okay with the of a mainline SMT about making friends with demons.

I really like the idea of a SMT game where one of the goals isn't to get power and crush LAW and/or CHAOS faction heads but to make actual outreach to the people and demons working for them and band together. Defeat Luci and whatever shard of YHVH that's showing it's face today not by punching them real hard, but by breaking out of the roles they've designed for everyone by coming together.

Not just "gently caress you, LAW/CHAOS" but "gently caress everything you built and every plan you ever had for anyone ever." Just ends with a sad 1 on 1 war where Luci and god stare at each other in a black void forever.

Whatever the Neutral path is probably won't go that far but I can dream.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I guess Navarre hangs out with you on the dungeon maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sucks they brought back that guy to do the demon designs since they are pretty awful with some exceptions but whatever.

Also they should allow you to choose your gender at the beginning but it doesn't make any actual change anywhere.