Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
That's the better jailbreak anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Confirmed Blitz songs are in.

And none of them are "Jane".

zimbomonkey posted:

That's the better jailbreak anyway.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 7, 2015

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Devorum posted:

Confirmed Blitz songs are in.

I don't know... I can see them in my "Add Ons" for RB4, and I have them downloaded and installed -- but none of them show in the song list, even after rebuilding the cache.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

atal posted:

the songs are imo really boring both as pieces of music and as gameplay and there are like, 20 of them on the disk.

Lolwut. I agree with you about the quality of the on-disc songs, but dude, there are over 80 of them.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I would say that the on disc songs are the most disappointing thing about RB4 for me. I've been able to brush most of all the other issues aside but man, there aren't that many songs and most of them are pretty weak.

Havent they already done most of the big name "classics" that they could get their hands on as DLC?

Instead of any songs on disc, they should have just given you $60 in PSN/XBL funbux and let you pick your own starter setlust.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Beelzebozo posted:

Lolwut. I agree with you about the quality of the on-disc songs, but dude, there are over 80 of them.

65, but yeah. I've only played a small portion of the setlist, but the only stinkers so far are Centuries and the Mumford and Sons song.

Played another bit today, felt better about it. FGS is super fun when it works out!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

pksage posted:

65, but yeah. I've only played a small portion of the setlist, but the only stinkers so far are Centuries and the Mumford and Sons song.

I was playing some random songs on bass earlier, and Centuries came up... I was startled out of a bass streak by the sudden appearance of Tom's Diner. Totally out of left field. And goddamn, that reminds me how much we need some Suzanne Vega in Rock Band.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spalec posted:

Havent they already done most of the big name "classics" that they could get their hands on as DLC?

Instead of any songs on disc, they should have just given you $60 in PSN/XBL funbux and let you pick your own starter setlust.

Without online play there is not reason to even have on disc songs. You don't need a group of users that all have 80 of the same songs

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
The EU kinda got hosed on this game right? There's still no DLC available however the in game store is open so people can still buy and not recieve it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Centuries is a decent song but not the best FOB have ever done for sure.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I like on-disc setlists because it encourages me to check out songs and charts that would likely otherwise go under my radar. :shobon:

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

Trash Boat posted:

I like on-disc setlists because it encourages me to check out songs and charts that would likely otherwise go under my radar. :shobon:

Same here; I've discovered a lot of great music this way.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Is there a way to do this without actually owning a PS3? As in, do I have to actually open the game or can I just buy it on the PSN web store?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hockles posted:

But that doesn't help me if I need to download it on XBox One. Having the list in front of me on a laptop and then searching for it and downloading it on the Xbox One is how I plan to do this.

If you still have the 360 with DLC downloaded, copy the song cache onto a USB, then open it in the set list manager in C3ConTools. Then filter by DLC. Sort by artist name, and head on down the list. that's how I'm doing it.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I wish I knew more about music theory so I could describe the exact musical elements/"tropes" in Centuries and similar post-2012 pop songs that bug the poo poo out of me. One of them (but far from the only one in Centuries) is unnecessary chanting/chant-like vocals in choruses, which EVERY loving SONG IN EVERY GENRE ON FM RADIO has been doing since 2013. :smith:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Costco is selling full kits for $210. I'm kinda tempted to get one for the game and drums even though I already have a perfectly good guitar.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The drums are useless unless you really enjoy being frustrated, I can't recommend enough not spending $200 just to get them.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Slim Killington posted:

The drums are useless unless you really enjoy being frustrated, I can't recommend enough not spending $200 just to get them.

Well $150 since I need the game regardless. But yeah I'll just wait for some to show up cheap on craigslist or something.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Republicans posted:

Costco is selling full kits for $210. I'm kinda tempted to get one for the game and drums even though I already have a perfectly good guitar.

If you want to get rid of that extra guitar, I'd take you up on buying it if the price is reasonable. I ended up going with digital copy plus the adapter, but I do want another guitar since the yellow button started going squirrelly on my RB2 strat and my backup for that won't work anymore (RB1 wired).

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I like Centuries and also I think This Ain't a Scene is one of the most fun DLC songs they've released :colbert:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I feel so bad for people that are new to Rock Band and will have to spend $1.99 (plus tax) to download "Headphones On", one of the best DLC tracks.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
You're clearly wrong there. The best DLC track is Charlene.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I like Centuries and also I think This Ain't a Scene is one of the most fun DLC songs they've released :colbert:

Every Fall Out Boy song we had in RB3, including hit song THNKS FR THE MMRS, was great. Centuries is loving hot garbage and the only time I want it near my ears is if I'm hearing it being shot into the sun from a cannon.

Craigslist pro tip, that many of you already know: if you search for a term, like "rock band drum", you can save that search to your CL account and be notified of new results via email. It's not instantaneous like some now-hard-to-find CL data scraping tools were, but it's excellent for this purpose if you're not competing with any other goons in the area.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Turns out I'm getting RB3 cymbals tomorrow, it'd be great if the drums worked well :(.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I have some nylon-tipped drumsticks that I used on my goodwoods to avoid tearing up the heads. I didn't bother getting the legacy adapter since all my other instruments were pretty much broken, but would you guys recommend using the stock drumsticks or the nylon-tipped ones on the new stock kit? Not sure which pair would be easier on the heads.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Deathlove posted:

If you still have the 360 with DLC downloaded, copy the song cache onto a USB, then open it in the set list manager in C3ConTools. Then filter by DLC. Sort by artist name, and head on down the list. that's how I'm doing it.

No idea what this is. I'll just use my Excel Spreadsheet list.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Hockles posted:

No idea what this is. I'll just use my Excel Spreadsheet list.

We don't link it because of :files: concerns around custom songs (though we take that very seriously and police our forums like crazy for official DLC), but TrojanNemo has a ton of tools on the C3 forums that are really, really useful even outside of custom songs. C3 CON Tools is a big suite of apps that includes Setlist Manager, which lets you import your song cache for an instant, perfect list of your RB3 songs, as mentioned.

Nothing wrong with your spreadsheet, but anyone who likes karaoke booklets or data organization in general should go find C3 CON Tools, a bunch of good stuff in there.

edit: Oh, and in general, for people just joining this thread with RB4: easy-to-play custom songs in RB3 are A Thing. No modding needed, just a flash drive and an older physical copy of RB3 (EA-branded discs, not Mad Catz-branded discs). We started this project called C3 that collated and released full-band, all-difficulty, RBN-or-higher-quality customs every Friday. It was born out of a desire to keep weekly DLC going and we successfully did 3+ songs every week for all 129 weeks between "American Pie" and RB4 launch. Lots of awesome songs for every taste in there, Google "c3 rock band" and go nuts.

pksage fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 8, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is there anything functional under the gray plastic rings around the drum kit heads? I want to cut them off because I'm tired of the sticks clacking on them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So the Blitz songs are only on PS4? No Xbone yet?

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Other than quick pairs of kicks I haven't had any issues with the RB4 drums on the BOne yet. v:shobon:v

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Minidust posted:

I dunno about that, I don't think cross-generation DLC is a thing anyone ever expected. Plus the basic presentation of GH:L is different enough that the lack of old content won't feel so glaring IMO.

Sure, I get that GH's history has never revolved around DLC and that they're doing a bunch of new stuff with this one, but the games are still going to be getting compared heavily since they've both been gone for a few years and are coming out in the same timeframe. One of them have like 1500 more songs to choose from is a pretty big deal the jury is still out on all the new features in GH.

Orange Harrison posted:

That's what I was saying? The lag here is something entirely different than the previous RB games.

Have you tried using the toslink out for audio? Rocksmith suggested this and it helped me a bit. Digital audio converts faster than with HDMI.

Personally, I'm more upset that the new consoles don't have an analog out option. It may only really matter for rhythm games, but would still be nice after the myriad of options the 360 had.

Pretty sure something like this would create a ton of lag, but is the only reasonable way to pull analog audio since the HDMI converters are super laggy.
http://www.amazon.com/D3-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B005K2TXMO/

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I've got a cool and rare error that doesn't seem to be happening elsewhere on the web, my guitar won't sync with my Xbox One. Aaaaaand since I opened the game to play it, it can't be returned. Good poo poo all around.

Edit: Saw there is a MicroUSB port on the controller. Any chance I could use that to sync?

BrownThunder fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 8, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

BrownThunder posted:

I've got a cool and rare error that doesn't seem to be happening elsewhere on the web, my guitar won't sync with my Xbox One. Aaaaaand since I opened the game to play it, it can't be returned. Good poo poo all around.

Edit: Saw there is a MicroUSB port on the controller. Any chance I could use that to sync?

You do realize that you can still exchange it if the hardware is defective right?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

big mean giraffe posted:

You do realize that you can still exchange it if the hardware is defective right?

Tried to, the store didn't get many in stock and they don't have any replacements until the next shipment which could be a few weeks away.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Sir Tonk posted:

Have you tried using the toslink out for audio? Rocksmith suggested this and it helped me a bit. Digital audio converts faster than with HDMI.
I'm using toslink, with the xbone set to uncompressed audio, plugged into the same stereo I've been using since RB1. Whatever the problem is, it manifests before the signal leaves the console and has nothing to do with your receiving hardware.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

In case you guys were wondering, the MicroUSB slots can't be used to sync like they can on other controllers.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Orange Harrison posted:

I'm using toslink, with the xbone set to uncompressed audio, plugged into the same stereo I've been using since RB1. Whatever the problem is, it manifests before the signal leaves the console and has nothing to do with your receiving hardware.

Anyone with doubts that there's a severe timing issue with the game, just hit the drum pads before the song starts. There's a half-second delay no matter how your poo poo is set.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I got a weird glitch when hooking up my Beatles drum set with my Xbox. For some reason it thought I was using a guitar, and wouldn't recognize it as a drum set until I rebooted everything.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I feel so bad for people that are new to Rock Band and will have to spend $1.99 (plus tax) to download "Headphones On", one of the best DLC tracks.

never have I agreed with a post more in this thread.

Also I tracked my DLC via DLCQuickplay.com, but I guess that's not really useful if you never did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I just realized another even easier way to track your old RB3 library: by your scores! Glad I still have all my old-rear end bookmarks.

Just put your name in here and search by band; anything you played at least once should show up with a score, giving you a nice list!