Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Beer got permabanned for disagreeing with people on the RSI forums. He just couldn't take his blinders off and see the TRUTH of Christ Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I don't know if you guys know this, but 2014 was the ESTIMATED release date of Star Citizen. :smugbert:
Checkmate losers.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"You have been put on probation until 2025-10-09 02:28. You can no longer post on the community forums and public chat channels.

You have been placed on probation indefinitely for multiple violations of forum rules 3, 9, and 11, in particular posting so as to get a rise out of others in a way not so good as you'd think. Note that this will not affect your access to the game itself."

Welp.

What are rules 3, 9, and 11 again?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for him. He has seen his hero, a man whose works Ben has committed a significant portion of his life to, ruin a dream through incompetence. His boss is, by all accounts, an utterly terrible person who constantly abuses her position and staff. His wife is stuck in the same place so quitting would sever all of their income, and there is no evidence anything will get better.

The only upside is that if he manages to endure, he will eventually have the chance to write a pretty compelling confessional/tell-all. And perhaps the sweet release of CIG's death will be sooner rather than later :downs:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

On the plus side he was able to watch James Pugh be fired on the grounds of being some kind of mole with all of the career implications that entails.

So that was probably a moment for him. Great day. Great great day. Making progress. Gonna make a vidya game. Everything's working out just fine.

I wonder how he felt while he impotently watched Sandi scream at the people he was responsible for, knowing their absence would only mean more thankless work for him.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

jaegerx posted:

What did :lesnick: do for a job before this? I realize he ran a lovely fan site but does he actually have any career prospects? There's no way any other company hires him in the gaming industry.

He worked at a school, but I have no idea what he did there.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

"you post how we like or there will be trouble"

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

It is interesting to watch how many goons deride people who back Star Citizen as some kind of lemmings and yet accept the words that come out of Derek Smart's mouth and and a handful "anonymous sources", who may or may not have been fired, as some kind of gospel truth.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

in a way not so good as you'd think.

I think this means they changed the name from vindicator to something else.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for him. He has seen his hero, a man whose works Ben has committed a significant portion of his life to, ruin a dream through incompetence. His boss is, by all accounts, an utterly terrible person who constantly abuses her position and staff. His wife is stuck in the same place so quitting would sever all of their income, and there is no evidence anything will get better.

They say you should never meet your heroes.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

madcow posted:

It is interesting to watch how many goons deride people who back Star Citizen as some kind of lemmings and yet accept the words that come out of Derek Smart's mouth and and a handful "anonymous sources", who may or may not have been fired, as some kind of gospel truth.

Yes, because those sources have been pretty drat accurate thus far.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know, but I believe the combination is what they use to justify anything.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

If the upcoming CitCon doesn't drop a bomb on par with "hey the game is coming out now" or something, I'm not sure what they're going to do. If it's yet another jpeg sale being hyped with a scripted demo wherein Chris yells at some poor fuckers repeatedly... will that honestly work for anyone other than the Christ Roberts faithful?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know, but I believe the combination is what they use to justify anything.

Are you permabanned now? What happened?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

madcow posted:

Source your quotes

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

quote:

3. No trolling. Do not post messages specifically intended to get a rise out of others. We know there's an impulse to do it, but it doesn't contribute to the community, it tears it down. Your responsibility as early pledgers is to help form a great community, not to endlessly frustrate those who come later. Included, but not limited to:

• Do not create avatars and signatures intended to bait, defame, ridicule, insult or otherwise mess with other users.
• Parody at the expense of other users is forbidden. Do not copy other users profiles or organizations.
• “Hit lists” of users you intend to attack in the finished game are absolutely forbidden (and generally a ridiculous concept.) The sort of “forum PVP” that exists elsewhere will not be tolerated here. Our forums exist to gather feedback, promote discussion and build the community; general forum bullying directly countermands these goals.
• Starting threads on controversial topics simply to generate an argument is forbidden. (“HEY EVERYBODY PVP RULES AND PVE DROOLS!”)
• Posting to another guild’s recruiting thread in order to harass them is forbidden. Guild recruiting threads are for guild members and those interested in joining, not for fights between guilds.
• Users may NOT post in yellow, orange, or purple text; impersonating a moderator or an employee of CIG is grounds for an immediate ban.
• Should a moderator edit your post, do not remove those edits or notes.

quote:

9. Contribute. We want to hear from you. Some of the best ideas come from the unlikeliest thoughts, so if you have something to add stand up and say it! Remember, the purpose of the Star Citizen community is to help the development team create the best possible game. We love posts that help us build our world and hate ones that waste our time by involving CIG staff in unnecessary drama, moderation oversight or rumor mongering.

quote:

11.Please also note that these rules are guidelines for good behavior and not an immutable codex defining what you can and cannot do. If your idea of a good time is to find ways to troll the forums without technically breaking one of these rules, know that you will still be banned. “But I’m not technically poking you!” is not cause for the nuanced legal debate you’re imagining.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Variable 5 posted:

Yes, because those sources have been pretty drat accurate thus far.

Yeah? Which ones? I must have missed them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I think this means they changed the name from vindicator to something else.

Probably. You would think that they would get angry at whoever leaked the name of the new fighter.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

madcow posted:

you don't even post interesting dissent or respond to interesting posts

get the gently caress out of the thread

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Eonwe posted:

So basically the mods banned you for your SA posts

Not a scam LOL

it's what they refunded/banned Derek Smart for, stuff he posted off their site

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Photoshop windicator incoming

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jethro_E7 posted:

Are you permabanned now? What happened?

I am banned from the forums until 2025 for multiple violations. Violations that are so egregious and numerous that my second probation was determined to be my last.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

jaegerx posted:

What did :lesnick: do for a job before this? I realize he ran a lovely fan site but does he actually have any career prospects? There's no way any other company hires him in the gaming industry.

One of the more telling things about recent events is that basically every major voice/personality left in front of the cameras at CIG are the people with no marketable technical skill. Anyone who can leave, seems to have already gotten out/been fired.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

madcow posted:

Yeah? Which ones? I must have missed them.

All the firings that have been predicted and come to pass aren't enough?

Go ahead and add 800-273-8255 to your phone now, please :ohdear: you'll need it later

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ben you should stop lurking and post.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Beer and Seraph were banned for almost the same amount of time I think. Which is funny when you consider one got banned for being a creepy crazy pedophile.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So literally just banned for "We decided to interpret something you said as trolling." And Ben cut you off.

Dollars to donuts, there was a high level decision made to cold shoulder you because of your associations on here. Even respectful criticism is now considered too threatening for them. Oh well, gently caress it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Ben you should stop lurking and post.

I have no doubt he reads this, along with Jared. I pity them both.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I think its particularly telling they banned you right before cit con. whatever views you would have had on it, they do not want them circulating to the general public.

anyway I recognize that even though you've spent x years mocking this gay game, deep down you were attached to it and this banning has to sting pretty bad, considering the work you put in to the community

gently caress'em

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
don't worry Beer, LTI came back from indefinite ban and so shall you

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

imperialparadox posted:

He worked at a school, but I have no idea what he did there.
He said he worked in a PR capacity for that school system- writing newsletters and PR releases and stuff like that.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

Source your quotes

his prion tainted brain

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeike posted:

I have to disagree, I even eat fried egg sandwiches!

Ben Lesnick account spotted.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
They drank your beer and this is how they repay you?

:negative:

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Variable 5 posted:

All the firings that have been predicted and come to pass aren't enough?

All what firings? I only know of two so far. Otherwise just a bunch of unsubstantiated claims in regards to unrelated issues. I have also seen some claims that have proven outright false (e.g. 16 core supercomputer).

I still have yet to see any actual evidence of embezzlement or discrimination.

I have yet to see any evidence of CIG going under and all the evidence I have seen thus far points to quite the opposite.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tarranon posted:

I think its particularly telling they banned you right before cit con. whatever views you would have had on it, they do not want them circulating to the general public.

anyway I recognize that even though you've spent x years mocking this gay game, deep down you were attached to it and this banning has to sting pretty bad, considering the work you put in to the community

gently caress'em

It does hurt. I took it very hard when they fired James, and frankly I allowed myself to care about this too much. Star Citizen is not my life. I have a great job that's fulfilling and interesting, I love my family, and I have numerous other interests and hobbies. But SC was special. It was unique and exciting, and it was cool to see things grow and learn about development. I feel like part of that is gone now.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

madcow posted:

All what firings? I only know of two so far. Otherwise just a bunch of unsubstantiated claims in regards to unrelated issues.

I still have yet to see any actual evidence of embezzlement or discrimination.

I have yet to see any evidence of CIG going under and all the evidence I have seen thus far points to quite the opposite.
That's because you're deluded.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Octopode was a lot more entertaining.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

thatguy posted:

That's because you're deluded.

Yes, you have shown me the error in my ways, thank you. I now see the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Was Wulf permabanned?

• Locked thread