Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Dapper Dan posted:

Wait, wait, hold on a minute. Hold on a loving minute. They are selling add-ons for their jpegs. Are you loving kidding me. This is absolutely insane.

Also, the trailer looked painfully like 'Sci-fi FPS #35235' and was pretty dated.

Why is that a bad thing? You do know that you idiots wont be able to buy this stuff when the game comes out next year? You're going to have to grind it out like loving plebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

D_Smart posted:

So uhm, that happened. They paraded a Black woman in front of the cameras @ 3:00. I don't even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls464lgf2Do

:negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

So uhm, that happened. They paraded a Black woman in front of the cameras @ 3:00. I don't even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls464lgf2Do

thats just because sandi wasnt there

it would have been impossible otherwise

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

If you want to be taken seriously make an actual serious plan.

Owner/Founders aren't going to fire themselves from their own company. If you want to go this route, you tell them to make themselves like a Eric Schmidt era Google. Bring in a CEO to manage the people and project and let Roberts be head of design or something. Remember as a private company Roberts can do basically whatever the gently caress he wants with the money. He can build a Kilrathi statue with a 6 foot phallus made out of solid gold, and as long as he's not doing something illegal, there's gently caress all the law's going to do about, so drop the fraud stuff, mismanagement, sure, but I don't think this is all a clever plot to take the money and run.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

D_Smart posted:

Depends. What size are they?

:five:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwjXC628cs

Some citizens truly believe.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Marine looks a lot like an Arma 3 mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jioo5uXoNLg

D_Smart posted:

I am!!??! What request? I thought I replied to the LOD question. It's digital, no box. So uhm, how am I supposed to autograph it :)

Could you mail a signed head shot?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Big enough for D on one and SMART on the other

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Big enough for D on one and SMART on the other

lopsided

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

lopsided

wow rude!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

peter gabriel posted:

And the add on Jpegs are 'In stock' :lol: gets me every time

CIG makes the ships on one laptop. Then fills the entire memory with jpegs. Each time someone buys one, it is deleted. When all the jpegs are deleted, they smash the laptop along with the models and images.

Iron Tusk posted:

If you want to be taken seriously make an actual serious plan.

Owner/Founders aren't going to fire themselves from their own company. If you want to go this route, you tell them to make themselves like a Eric Schmidt era Google. Bring in a CEO to manage the people and project and let Roberts be head of design or something. Remember as a private company Roberts can do basically whatever the gently caress he wants with the money. He can build a Kilrathi statue with a 6 foot phallus made out of solid gold, and as long as he's not doing something illegal, there's gently caress all the law's going to do about, so drop the fraud stuff, mismanagement, sure, but I don't think this is all a clever plot to take the money and run.

The only way to save the project is to have what happened with Freelancer: Robert steps down and consults. That's the only thing that saved Freelancer and that's the only thing that will save this. It will never, ever happen though. Because Roberts left the industry after that.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, is there no one there that can tell them things are a bad idea.

Right back to the "I'm not a racist, see how many black friends I have" defense.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

90 million dollars for a game that looks shittier than any F2P game ever
I thought y'all were just been harsh until I clicked on the link.

Jeez-- I mean, all that motion capture they've talked about, all those earlier clips of casings falling in slomo as the marine ran through the water-- and this is how they preview it? It's edited to actually AVOID COMBAT, SOLDIERS, and MOVEMENT.

Oh and the level-- to the extent we saw anything -- looked like a trip to Rectangle Palace.

I'm excited!

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Size discrimination is a very CIG move Mr Smart :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

peter gabriel posted:

We could play it together one time if you wanna hang out or whatever

Sorry, Space Marshal Seraph84 doesn't let me have friends other than him.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It took about 20 seconds for my post to be removed from the FLJK thread. Now that's efficiency.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Wait, was beer actually banned? That's crazy.

Beer is like the model Star Citizen.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

I said come in! posted:

This game has gone from selling a dream to selling a nightmare.
Deep stuff. Seraph says awareness is the only difference between a dream and a nightmare.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chocobo posted:

Wait, was beer actually banned? That's crazy.

Beer is like the model Star Citizen.

the very model of a starrish citizen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ahahahahah, that loving trailer. It's like some lovely early access unity game on steam that no one wants to buy. Pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

lol CIG has muted the org thread on RSI :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In the next trailer they'll announce zombies.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Notice how their first person shooter gameplay trailer doesn't actually show first person shooting?

Because they still haven't figured out how to keep the crosshair in the center of the screen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Which is funny, because much like this project zombies are dead but still are guided by insatiable hunger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chocobo posted:

Notice how their first person shooter gameplay trailer doesn't actually show first person shooting?

Because they still haven't figured out how to keep the crosshair in the center of the screen.

Every citizen is the first person for CIG, you see.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Chocobo posted:

SErath 84 thinka there is high probability we are all rather hosed in the rear end here, gentlemen.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sorry, Space Marshal Seraph84 doesn't let me have friends other than him.

No worries

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chocobo posted:

they still haven't figured out how to keep the crosshair in the center of the screen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Exclusive SC42 gameplay video leaked (from current build).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgX6FpKm4t4

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Chocobo posted:

They have to show it at Starcon...right?

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Paladinus posted:

Which is funny, because much like this project zombies are dead but still are guided by insatiable hunger.
In other news, former new york city mayor Michael Bloomberg (trail off, crumple paper, ad lib)

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Just a reminder that the showstopping bug that they is hanging up the FPS module is literally that they can't control where the player aims, and they don't know why.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
That's not a joke, they literally don't know how to make a character aim where the player is looking.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chocobo posted:

Just a reminder that the showstopping bug that they is hanging up the FPS module is literally that they can't control where the player aims, and they don't know why.

yea it owns

they take an FPS engine that natively works and make it completely broken

someone make a :CIG: emote like the :dice: or :soe: emotes and pay the $30 to have it added, tia

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SErath 84 thinka there is high probability we are all rather hosed in the rear end here, gentlemen.

If you were hosed in the arse without your consent, you should report this to the police. Also, report yourself for being a paedophile.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

Exclusive SC42 gameplay video leaked (from current build).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgX6FpKm4t4

That's actually footage of Hank Hill having a nightmare about propane gas tanks coming to life and wreaking their revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chocobo posted:

Good loving God

• Locked thread