Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Avocados posted:

Isn't CoC built from CoP? Or am I getting something wrong?

Gunslinger isn't actually using the source code directly, they're injecting using dlls.

So the stars might align and Gunslinger might work with Open X-Ray but chances are good it will not because Open X-Ray is a direct recompile of the source code.

Which is why a COC/Gunslinger merge might never be possible, because COC relies a lot on new features and functions built specifically in Open X-Ray for it.

I hate to break it to people but Gunslinger are sort of doing their own thing which will probably make it very difficult for their stuff to work with anything that isn't Gunslinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The first person hands and stuff are awesome but i can take or leave the little arm computer. Idk that it really fits with the lore of the exoskeletons kind of being lovely.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How can I increase my carry weight in CoC? Is there an actor.ltx file with the values somewhere?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Noah blew Lassie to bits :saddowns:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
How the heck do I turn off the Magic Machine or whatever it's called? I wandered around an empty underground building for a while, followed some tunnels and wound up back outside behind a fence, at the base of a ladder leading up to a door I couldn't go thru.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Saint Sputnik posted:

How the heck do I turn off the Magic Machine or whatever it's called? I wandered around an empty underground building for a while, followed some tunnels and wound up back outside behind a fence, at the base of a ladder leading up to a door I couldn't go thru.

The Miracle Machine is switched off in the same way it is in SoC: you switch off the switches on the way up the central pillar, then you switch off the main console.

e: My alife patch has been posted on 4chan and now has found its way to the Russians.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 10, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

There are levers around the giant brain tube in the middle of X-16.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish there was a monolith version of nimble. I want to collect all the unique and weird weapons but nimble does not like the monolith man.

edit: i also wish nimble was still in zaton. i friggin trudged all the way up there on my merc to find him and he was awol. RIP.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 10, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
The alife patch doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot? I copied over the gamedata folder from the alife.7z into the CoP install directory, but the amount of critters and hostile mans I come across seems about the same as before? A pair of bloodsuckers thinned out the bandits camping in the Garbage hangar area but that was about it. Also maybe a few cats decided to hiss at me in the rookie camp before Wolf PKG'd them into kitty heaven.

Is there something else I need to do or is it working as intended? I was told to expect flaming Chimeras with RPG's shooting from their assholes :smith:

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Minarchist posted:

The alife patch doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot? I copied over the gamedata folder from the alife.7z into the CoP install directory, but the amount of critters and hostile mans I come across seems about the same as before? A pair of bloodsuckers thinned out the bandits camping in the Garbage hangar area but that was about it. Also maybe a few cats decided to hiss at me in the rookie camp before Wolf PKG'd them into kitty heaven.

Is there something else I need to do or is it working as intended? I was told to expect flaming Chimeras with RPG's shooting from their assholes :smith:

That was my experience as well.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Where do I get the special psi protection in COC, I want to tern off the Brain Scorcher but don't know where it is.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

That was my experience as well.

I found a pseudogiant in the Dark Valley and I led it into the bandit camp. That was fun.

dbzfandiego posted:

Where do I get the special psi protection in COC, I want to tern off the Brain Scorcher but don't know where it is.

Pay Sakarhov in the Yantar mobile lab 17000 RU for a fully functional version.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Minarchist posted:

I found a pseudogiant in the Dark Valley and I led it into the bandit camp. That was fun.

Pay Sakarhov in the Yantar mobile lab 17000 RU for a fully functional version.

Thank you!

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Someone posted earlier that Agroprom Underground is different now. So far it looks just like the one from SGM/other CoP mods, but most of it is blocked off. I'm at a dead end in a room with a non-functioning teleport set over top of a ladder that descends into either a recessed floor or a Vortex. I know I'm missing something to access the rest of the level but I cannot for the life of me find it. On the other hand, hiding from helicopters using tree branches is hilarious.

I haven't had a ton of time to sink into CoC yet, but it's an amazing project in terms of accomplishment and there's a lot of fun to be had especially for something that was mainly intended to be a modder's resource. As far as play value, I think it definitely needs something like Faction Wars to give it long-term playability. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of madness people come up with using the new world of modding choices they've opened up here.

Also hooo boy AI companions are great backup/distraction vs mutants but do they ever love going fetal next to anomalies any chance they get.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 10, 2015

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
AI companions are perfect for selling off all your loot too and then going on suicide missions with. I sold a ~friend~ 5k worth of artifacts and he got domed by Monolith. What friend would I be if I didn't repossess what he dropped at death?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
So I'm poking around in the alife .ltx files in the unbalanced patch and in one of the Garbage spawns it says this:

code:
[smart_terrain]
squad_id = 2
max_population = 2
respawn_params = respawn@gar_smart_terrain_1_7
respawn_idle = 30000

[respawn@gar_smart_terrain_1_7]
spawn_bandit@novice
spawn_bandit@advanced

[spawn_bandit@novice]
spawn_squads = bandit_sim_squad_novice
spawn_num = 1

[spawn_bandit@advanced]
spawn_squads = bandit_sim_squad_novice, bandit_sim_squad_advanced
spawn_num = 1
So, say I was going to make that max population...20 and the respawn idle 500 would I be asking for a horde of bandit scum? Will make changes and return with a trip report. I literally have no idea what I'm doing here.

edit: Didn't seem to do all that much. I edited the .ltx files in the scripts folder for the "escape" map, which according to the wiki is the old name for the cordon. I added zeroes to max populations of hostiles and lowered respawn timers, but not much seems different. I was able to run up and cap everyone in the military checkpoint with a single mag in my starting AKS without much trouble, looted some SVDs and booked it back to Sid's place. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 10, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
After installing the A-life mod I seem to be noticing a lot more people, like the rookie village finally has a respectable amount of people and I frequently encounter soldier dudes and bandits, and huge bands respawn in just a few days. Maybe it's just confirmation bias though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Justin Time! posted:

After installing the A-life mod I seem to be noticing a lot more people, like the rookie village finally has a respectable amount of people and I frequently encounter soldier dudes and bandits, and huge bands respawn in just a few days. Maybe it's just confirmation bias though.

Check out Wild Territory with the A-Life mod, it's loving nuts. Mercs and mutants everywhere. The CoP maps still feel very empty, sadly.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012

v1ld posted:

CoC is standalone, don't install it in your CoP folder. The installer does a registry check if CoP has been installed to appease GSC, but there's no other dependency between the two games.

If CoC is standalone, I don't particularly want to download and reinstall CoP from Steam just to install CoC (though CoP has been installed on my machine before). Does the registry key hang around after uninstalling? If not, is there a key I can add manually or is there no way around this?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

baromodo posted:

If CoC is standalone, I don't particularly want to download and reinstall CoP from Steam just to install CoC (though CoP has been installed on my machine before). Does the registry key hang around after uninstalling? If not, is there a key I can add manually or is there no way around this?

From what I understand the key does stick around.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

baromodo posted:

You didn't hear it from me but the ap-pro.ru forums has a .reg file that adds the correct registry key.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
Reg key was removed on CoP uninstall it seems... with a bit of google translate on the russian forum I was able to find what I was looking for, thanks.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Loving the CoC mod so far, a friend recommended it to me but a question that's been nagging me is how on earth do I get CoC to function within steam to use the steam api and steam streaming?

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

PseudoFaux posted:

Loving the CoC mod so far, a friend recommended it to me but a question that's been nagging me is how on earth do I get CoC to function within steam to use the steam api and steam streaming?

You should see +Add a game at the bottom left of the steam window.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Rayjenkins posted:

You should see +Add a game at the bottom left of the steam window.

I tried that at first but it seems that the coc .exe acts like a launcher. A very bad launcher as steam says I've stopped playing as soon as the game proper loads up.

e: if nothing else I'll just fall back on my xsplit license. Not my preferred choice as it drains so much of my desktop resources

PseudoFaux fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 10, 2015

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

PseudoFaux posted:

I tried that at first but it seems that the coc .exe acts like a launcher. A very bad launcher as steam says I've stopped playing as soon as the game proper loads up.

e: if nothing else I'll just fall back on my xsplit license. Not my preferred choice as it drains so much of my desktop resources

That's really odd, because I got it working with my steam.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato
Trying out CoC with Ddraig's modmod. Does anyone else find the A-Life in Cordon to be a little over the top? I'm within a one minute walk of the starting camp and I've already come across bobcats, dogs, a snork, a bloodsucker, pigs, a burer(!!), and a drat helicopter that follows me everywhere I go, even back to the camp where the other stalkers stand there while it shoots at me. At least when I lured the burer back to the camp the rest of the stalkers took him out.

I remember the original was hard but this is ridiculous.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I never played Clear Sky unmodded. I decided to go into the Red Forest to look for Forester and :stare: controllers, giants, chimeras and burers everywhere.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I'm having real trouble with this contract killer mission, I kill the target but the game just doesn't seem to register them as dead. I can loot them, but I can't drag the body, and the quest isn't completed.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Ddraig, I installed your mod (except for the A-life changes) and all the outfits/helmets are having weird icon issues. For example, the Exoskeleton icon is half a combat jacket and half a clear sky jacket.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I have a problem with the optical sight overlay. I bought a PSO scope for my AN-94, but when I try to use it the image is vertically stretched. The very top of the scope is where it's supposed to be, but the whole thing is oblong... the bottom of the image disappears off the bottom of the screen, and the crosshair is way low. I have OWR3 and Ddraig's mod both installed, and I was guessing it was some kind of adverse interaction with those two like the outfits.ltx issue.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I'm having real trouble with this contract killer mission, I kill the target but the game just doesn't seem to register them as dead. I can loot them, but I can't drag the body, and the quest isn't completed.

Same.

Azran posted:

Ddraig, I installed your mod (except for the A-life changes) and all the outfits/helmets are having weird icon issues. For example, the Exoskeleton icon is half a combat jacket and half a clear sky jacket.

Ddraig posted:

I take it you're using the OWR3 addon? Use the outfits.ltx from that (configs/misc/outfits.ltx)

The one in my mod is only a change to exoskeleton shock protection, so it's no huge loss.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
I just got pinned down in the swamps for the last hour because of a helicopter. Got tired of the helicopter just hovering over me, thinking I'd wait him out and let an emmission take care of his rear end (I've got anabolics) but nah, 60 minutes later and I've made absolutely 0 progress. But gently caress if I'm gonna give up my VSS. I'll try and be less patient later.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I'm trying to get nimble's weapons to show up in the monolith trader's inventory. I've added them to supplies_generic and they already had a sell price, but they just aren't showing up. Well, the special mp5 does, but none of the rest do. It's pretty annoying.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Amazing, I was getting the drunk_stalker crash as well, DDraig, you are precient.

Edit, some of the dogs, bloodsuckers and so on also lack textures,also,
game can crash due to:
"[error]Description : XML node not found in file map_spots.xml
[error]Arguments : spot_af_green_parasite"
&
"[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 499
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'bolt_anim_sci(det_artefact_none)'"
on entering the lab in concrete factory,
Had a google, removing either w_bolt has no effect.

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 11, 2015

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:

PseudoFaux posted:

Run steam as Administrator, and it'll work through steam. Yes really.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

A port of SGM's dynamic news system to CoC was posted to /sg/: https://mega.nz/#!o1FyELJJ!Xc84vGUX1S7K8ZyhNKMRlMFWuEkdmatrINJlcWkVFWo.

This is cool, it adds a lot to the atmosphere in a freeplay/faction mod. Speaking of factions, Alundaio posted this to the CoC forum: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=413.

CoC with STCSWP and Ddraig's mod is already a blast, but a good faction war mod along with dynamic news and an AMK-like dynamic anomaly system would be fantastic. I like the static anomalies, but it'd be good to also have randomly scattered dynamic anomalies that move after blowouts and slowly expire until the next blowout, just like in AMK.

Looking forward to Radium's dynamic news system too.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

v1ld posted:

Speaking of factions, Alundaio posted this to the CoC forum: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=413.

I have a lot of free time on my hands and would love to gently caress around with this, but I have no clue what half of the smart terrains correspond to and I'm not 100% sure how to figure out. Would that be something the SDK would help with?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

staberind posted:

Amazing, I was getting the drunk_stalker crash as well, DDraig, you are precient.

Edit, some of the dogs, bloodsuckers and so on also lack textures,also,
game can crash due to:
"[error]Description : XML node not found in file map_spots.xml
[error]Arguments : spot_af_green_parasite"
&
"[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 499
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'bolt_anim_sci(det_artefact_none)'"
on entering the lab in concrete factory,
Had a google, removing either w_bolt has no effect.

From the sounds of it, you're using my Lost Alpha mod. I probably wouldn't recommend that, as it causes a few problems. Not least that one.

I've sort of given up on Lost Alpha. It's beyond my abilities to fix until the Developer's Cut version comes out. Not even the basic emissions work properly as level.set_weather_fx doesn't seem to work.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I have a lot of free time on my hands and would love to gently caress around with this, but I have no clue what half of the smart terrains correspond to and I'm not 100% sure how to figure out. Would that be something the SDK would help with?

No need to use the SDK. Launch COC with the -dbg parameter, make sure the debug hud is on, all smart terrains will be displayed on the PDA map, with their names and even their logic.

Fair warning: There's quite a few http://imgur.com/a/RbcW3

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Oct 11, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

From the sounds of it, you're using my Lost Alpha mod. I probably wouldn't recommend that, as it causes a few problems. Not least that one.

I've sort of given up on Lost Alpha. It's beyond my abilities to fix until the Developer's Cut version comes out. Not even the basic emissions work properly as level.set_weather_fx doesn't seem to work.

Ah, aye, I figured, I'll stick to coc then, and try to make that minimod for it. Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm compiling COC Mod 2.0 which contains a ton of changes. The two biggest are the introduction of faction wars, and Sultan being moved from Zaton the Dark Valley bandit base, so bandits should get a source of jobs early on.

Unfortunately it seems the all.spawn may be slightly messed up as I can't start as a bandit, so it's going to have to wait a bit.