Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

peter gabriel posted:

I can't believe Sandi quit

She kinda unquit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Derek smart please contact Warners EU division so they can sue CIG for singing Happy birthday on a public broadcast they used for raising funds.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
They have run out of money and are asking for donations by selling ships for an MMO so they can finish a single player game that they can sell to have enough money to finish an MMO that they are selling ships for. I think that is right?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
You know, the thing I don't quite understand is why these guys are so cult-like for something that looks so mediocre. At least be cool and awesome and amazing to look at so I can have SOMETHING to be a zealot about, but this is just so boring I fell asleep seeing the gameplay and the art style is so uninspiring. I could understand it if it was something that looked mind-bogglingly awesome even if it is smoke and mirrors but even EVE online looks more exciting in terms of moment to moment gameplay than this. Like if the guys who made metal gear or street fighter or heck even Sid Meier asked for dark apostles then they'd have a case since their games have something that I can hold onto. but this is like so blah.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
and then I was like "Billy why you stirrin those coals with your dick?" and he was all "To show that pussy Octopode he's not no real SC backer" and I was like "drat Billy that's harsh"

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

1stGear posted:

He's not wrong. He left out that all those pieces looked like garbage that would have been laughed off stage at anything other than Roberts' personal con, but all those things were shown.

That's kind of what I meant, there certainly were things from a list represented but all of them at embarrassing levels of completion, like to where you'd expect even true believers to cock an eyebrow but apparently no everything is completely fine

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
How many games is Star Citizen divided into now?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

havenwaters posted:

She kinda unquit as well.

Croberts literally said on stream they barely do any marketing or pr so her position is kinda bullshit anyway.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Octopode posted:

The large world stuff isn't considered Arena Commander anymore--it's "Star Citizen" stuff in the same way the Social Module is. They've stated they will be incorporating a multi-crew mode for Arena Commander down the line after the large world playground is implemented for testing.

So what you're saying is they are not releasing an independent FPS module as they've been promising this entire year.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

airhorn.wav

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Al-Saqr posted:

You know, the thing I don't quite understand is why these guys are so cult-like for something that looks so mediocre. At least be cool and awesome and amazing to look at so I can have SOMETHING to be a zealot about, but this is just so boring I fell asleep seeing the gameplay and the art style is so uninspiring. I could understand it if it was something that looked mind-bogglingly awesome even if it is smoke and mirrors but even EVE online looks more exciting in terms of moment to moment gameplay than this. Like if the guys who made metal gear or street fighter or heck even Sid Meier asked for dark apostles then they'd have a case since their games have something that I can hold onto. but this is like so blah.

Isn't the whole point of a cult to brainwash people so they don't see the poo poo stains on the tapestry ?

If you have something cool and amazing to offer, you don't need a cult. Well unless you are Apple.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MVP posted:

How many games is Star Citizen divided into now?

There will be game mode per holding company being used to shelter the siphoned blanaces out and away from the tendrils of the FTC and Companies House.

And what's worse is that the actual in game economics will be rudimentary buylow sellhigh pablum.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
3 players fighting one or two NPCs at a time in a cramped station - and they don't even kill anyone in the FPS part. Totally worth $90 million, persistent universe alpha done, let's all have cake!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

reminds me very much of

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

shadow puppet of a posted:

There will be game mode per holding company being used to shelter the siphoned blanaces out and away from the tendrils of the FTC and Companies House.

And what's worse is that the actual in game economics will be rudimentary buylow sellhigh pablum.

goddamnit this sounds too good to be true

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sillybones posted:

They have run out of money and are asking for donations by selling ships for an MMO so they can finish a single player game that they can sell to have enough money to finish an MMO that they are selling ships for. I think that is right?
This would appear to be true. But don't underestimate the potential for the referral program to--/

Ah screw it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Shala posted:

airhorn.wav

Airhorn operated by Steven Seagal

$91 Million

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdzIBiLX3Rw

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Star Citizen wasn't about entertaining the wish fulfillment of the masses: it was realizing the wish fulfillment of one. We all got trolled into making Star Citizen: The Movie.

So dreamy.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Shala posted:

and then I was like "Billy why you stirrin those coals with your dick?" and he was all "To show that pussy Octopode he's not no real SC backer" and I was like "drat Billy that's harsh"

Bill Zabub is the one that originally had the idea for the iPhone. He tried to sell it to Blackberry, but they just laughed at him. So he gave it to Steve Jobs instead.

The rest is history.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So what you're saying is they are not releasing an independent FPS module as they've been promising this entire year.

Technically, they were never going to release an independent FPS module, they were going to add an FPS arena into the existing game. Instead of only doing that, they are now also going to enable FPS gameplay in the open world testbed which will be put in at the same time.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
was there any mention before today about the humongous script and hours and hours of awful dialogue? (more than any movie -lol his words)

how the gently caress can you take this much money and spend millions on making a movie nobody actually paid for

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
This thread moves way too loving fast to keep up with, but what the hell are people talking about Sandi and pubes for? I definitely have missed something

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Octopode posted:

Technically, they were never going to release an independent FPS module, they were going to add an FPS arena into the existing game. Instead of only doing that, they are now also going to enable FPS gameplay in the open world testbed which will be put in at the same time.

thatguy posted:

Octopode what's your name on RSI?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Iridium posted:

reminds me very much of

Please don't impugn an extremely good star marine game by speaking of it in the same breath as Star Citizen.

I'M STILL COMING SEV JUST HANG IN THERE

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

They definitely did not just directly crib parts of the Vanguard for their new fighter. No sir. The wings/cockpit/engines/body are all 100% original.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Octopode posted:

Technically, they were never going to release

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Really need to go to an internet café to read the "We love you Sandi" thread on RSI, that way when I punch the loving screen I won't feel so bad because it's not my monitor...

EDIT: FFS Spergs were crying......loving crying, morons.

JazzPaws fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 11, 2015

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Konig posted:

This thread moves way too loving fast to keep up with, but what the hell are people talking about Sandi and pubes for? I definitely have missed something

IIRC Sandi refused to hire someone because they looked like someone who doesn't shave their pubes. :thejoke:

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Good Dumplings posted:

IIRC Sandi refused to hire someone because they looked like someone who doesn't shave their pubes. :thejoke:

What the gently caress????? Is there a source on this?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I told some interested friends about the Sabre-POTATO thing and they sent me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGJObJkWf0

Seems about right.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Bill Zabub once hosed my wife and I wasn't even mad. I asked her the details.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Konig posted:

What the gently caress????? Is there a source on this?

The sources are as secret as cigs financials

The Escapist isn't revealing them

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Octopode posted:

WHEN?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Jesus what a poo poo show.

Thanks goons, I'll do some following up today and watch the craziness. But holy poo poo it looks worse then I expected.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

thatguy posted:

Octopode what's your name on RSI?

THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Sarsapariller posted:

They definitely did not just directly crib parts of the Vanguard for their new fighter. No sir. The wings/cockpit/engines/body are all 100% original.

To me it looked like the bastard child of the Vanguard and the Gladiator bomber.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Hasn't this game been in development for like three years? How do they not have more to show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Octopode posted:

oh they weren't going to release an FPS module that you downloaded separately from the other modules? So why were they promising that all year? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

• Locked thread