Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

What's the deal with "tane"?

http://tane.us/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

tane

orb :c00l:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's from Undertale, a Good Game, before someone asks.

That also gave us :tem:.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what does that express

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Cat.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

*laugh track plays*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

what does that express

whatever you want it to mean man

excitement

anticipation

overstimulation

etc

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

whatever you want it to mean man

excitement

anticipation

overstimulation

etc

or it's just a vanity emote thatll never be used outside of the specific games/LP threads?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
:sterv:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

:tem: hOI!!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

:slick:

Didn't this take years to make? I remember the original creator couldn't get the file small enough to upload and was extremely focused on making that happen, but in the old GBS fashion of "hey, can the forums do my homework?" This turned into a hundred different permutations of the emote (including dueling emotes with evardraed vs...forkbanger I think?) without the original actually being purchased.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Subjunctive posted:

It's a nonsense word that sounds funny, also asking these kind of questions gives the negative post count brigade an opportunity to drop some brutal owns so it sticks around for that too

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Who WAS niggerstomper58?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

a role model who helped raise awareness of prodromal schizophrenia.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Explaining in-jokes with other in-jokes: a thread about smilies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AdorableStar posted:

Who WAS niggerstomper58?

In twelve years you'll know.

Also, what the hell is this?
:crafty:

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Oct 11, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Broenheim posted:

or it's just a vanity emote thatll never be used outside of the specific games/LP threads?

We have a winner

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AdorableStar posted:

Who WAS niggerstomper58?

google tells me the famous quote is the only evidence that he ever existed

he may not have

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

LORD OF BUTT posted:

google tells me the famous quote is the only evidence that he ever existed

he may not have

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=niggerstomper58

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Paladinus posted:

In twelve years you'll know.

Also, what the hell is this?
:crafty:

It's a really distorted low polygon crowd member from Forza Horizon 2 imitating :vince:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dewgy posted:

It's a really distorted low polygon crowd member from Forza Horizon 2 imitating :vince:

Thanks. Looks great.
Rome 2: Total War devs should have gone with those faces.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This whole time I thought it was supposed to be that Jesus recreation that went horribly wrong.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Why does "anime" look like this: :anime:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
it was the avatar of a user named anime

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Why does "anime" look like this: :anime:

The Japanese can't draw.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It's the ego orb, from Earthbound.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

:slick:

Didn't this take years to make? I remember the original creator couldn't get the file small enough to upload and was extremely focused on making that happen, but in the old GBS fashion of "hey, can the forums do my homework?" This turned into a hundred different permutations of the emote (including dueling emotes with evardraed vs...forkbanger I think?) without the original actually being purchased.

That's the first thread I remember reading on SA, I remember that forkbanger made a lot of kickass ones, I don't remember everdraed being in the thread. I think I still have some kicking around.

also found this lmao

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RareAcumen posted:

This whole time I thought it was supposed to be that Jesus recreation that went horribly wrong.

Off-topic, but this thing never stops being funny to me, especially how the most altered and ruined portion is the area with the least damage to it beforehand. I can't help but think of the scene in the Mr Bean movie where he ruins Whistler's Mother and all this becoming Life Imitating Art...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ignimbrite posted:

also found this lmao

Oh poo poo, whatever happened to Scoots, anyway?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Baron von Eevl posted:

Oh poo poo, whatever happened to Scoots, anyway?

Didn't he die of complications during back surgery?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So why is :agreed: just white text in a purple box? I keep seeing it as a pokemon type.

And, if it wasn't removed for being totally horrible in which case ignore this, what was the :fappery: thing that got spammed to hell and back in the :master: thread?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

So why is :agreed: just white text in a purple box? I keep seeing it as a pokemon type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItwfNgcvnPg

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AlphaKretin posted:

And, if it wasn't removed for being totally horrible in which case ignore this, what was the :fappery: thing that got spammed to hell and back in the :master: thread?

Son, that's a premium emote. You need platinum to see those.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
:petdog:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Undertale. It's an RPG where there's a pacifist option for every encounter and some enemies are dogs in suits of armor. Generally the pacifist option for such enemies is to pet them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
that's three undertale emotes (two of which are dog related), they catching up with mass effect yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Xv3vRph.png][/img]

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

that's three undertale emotes (two of which are dog related), they catching up with mass effect yet.

But unlike Mass Effect, it had a satisfying ending. :v:

As silly as it might be at least :petdog: seems generic enough to see use in PI?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
yeah the dog emotes can be used to talk about how cute dogs are but :temmy: is still stupid, especially now that I know what that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I use :shittydog: to be sarcastic