Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Ok. I'm home now.
I can answer questions if you have any for my day of drama that started at 5am... with an email from the Jezebel of JPGs herself.

I'm not sure if you care about me, but Derek Smart is tentatively scheduled to call into my show on Saturday.
I'll post up if he's confirmed to call in. You, too can join in the fun!

I'm sorry I am a poo poo poster and forgot where the link to your show was. can you please relink it. you've mentioned it like 6 times and I fail to remember seeing a link for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sarsapariller posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how riled up they get over the tiniest things.

Jesus Christ, these people are loving retarded. 'omg you put a hot key in the game holy poo poo you are miracle workers i am ready to donate another 15k for jpegs'

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Sooo... what will become a reality first, Star Citizen or irl super lightspeed travel?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Sooo... what will become a reality first, Star Citizen or irl super lightspeed travel?

neither will happen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I hope to travel at Ludicrous speed personally

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

hopefully the latter but I'll be dead.

clutching a small peter gabriel bobble head, in VR in PETER GABRIEL SPACE SEXBOT EXTRAVAGANZA 5000

Coming to Ouya, Phantom, PC, XBOX ONE and Jaguar in 2016!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Gwaihir posted:

is this the latest seraph childfucking parachute account

Sorry to disappoint. But no. Was making a joke. A bad one apparently. Oh well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wise words from literally the worlds dumbest forum of idiot space fuckwit assholes posted:

Get a critic...? just throw one of these in their face and walk away.
http://www.the-numbers.com/people/records/top-grossing-stars-in-all-roles

Oldman has pulled more money, harder, than nearly every name in Hollywood. Anymore critics, just say "stfu son." This man's opinion matters. His involvement matters.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

hopefully the latter but I'll be dead.

clutching a small peter gabriel bobble head, in VR in PETER GABRIEL SPACE SEXBOT EXTRAVAGANZA 5000

Coming to Ouya, Phantom, PC, XBOX ONE and Jaguar in 2016!

Where do I pledge?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Sorry to disappoint. But no. Was making a joke. A bad one apparently. Oh well.

sorry regdate was the last weirdfucker account's

He said sorry guys!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Eonwe posted:

I hope to travel at Ludicrous speed personally

B..but sir, we've never gone that fast before, I don't think the ship can take it!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

Where do I pledge?

BITCH YOU HAVE MY MONEY

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A guy posted:

I share an appartment with a Star Citizen critic.

The thing is, when we where young... I used to be a punkrocker and a skinhead, and he was a little goth boy with make up.
I am much larger, stronger and more agressive. So, I hit him everynow and then, and also threaten to put salt in his coffee. Not to say that it really work, but it's great fun hitting him :D
I can tell you that we have been friends for like 25 years or so haha! I have bought a game package to him for his birthday! ;)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
christ

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Dusty Lens posted:

The only reason I even know about Star Citizen is through having spent way too much time with Freelancer modding and servers. It was a whore to mod but the result could be an awful lot of fun. Enough so to convince me that Freelancer 2.0 would actually be something that could be pulled off and would make for a good time.

But yeah, digging through those files unearthed a fuckton of content that never saw the light of day. Including a lot of basic game mechanics that were left deactivated or only half finished.

With the exception of the boarding stuff pretty much every promise made for the first year or two of Star Citizen was either an active or incomplete feature in Freelancer. So we all felt pretty good about that. Things didn't start to really go off the rails until they had tapped out promises built on pre-existing ideas. Let alone into this new era of phoneapp minigames. We figured Star Citizen was basically on autopilot to code in proven concepts.

Whoops.

This was my thought process as well. I didn't get too worried even when feature started creeping a bit because I all I really cared about was the core spaceships game. I figured if they got that done and everything else got cut I'd still have gotten what I wanted.

Since then they've made even more absurd promises and there's been very little apparent progress on the actual flying spaceships in space aspects of the game, to the point where them releasing anything at all is beginning to look unlikely.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
embarrased yoshi pooing an egg

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I wish I was a big, strong Star Citizen backer

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
If ever there was a time for this, it's now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

"bugger-all down here on earth"

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Sir_Charles posted:

Try buying more spaceships.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"and a skinhead"

I'm not at all surprised by that.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Sir_Charles posted:

I'm sure someone, maybe even here, would be willing to give you a referral code. I hear they're all the rage.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That's enough for me tonight I am getting dumber just by reading this poo poo now posted:

I was dumbfounded that so many people on the forum were complaining about spending the money for these actors, how many block buster movies starred nobodies???? I think it was money well spent and very very clever of CR to accumulate such a talented team of actors.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I'm sure someone, maybe even here, would be willing to give you a referral code. I hear they're all the rage.

referrals are uh, insanely good

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, the Battletech Kickstarter is now offering the old school tabletop game sourcebooks in PDF form as backer bonuses. That's loving amazing, and literally better than anything SC has ever offered.

MrDorf fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 15, 2015

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
tfw an sc backer is the alpha of the nerd house

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

escape now while you still have brain cells left

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tarranon posted:

He would totally fight you IRL if you said that to his face.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

This is kinda obvious but I dunno if anyone said it and I only just made the connection. I'm Remember the movie Elle that was apparently shot and funded by Gemini 42 the production company that also works on Around the Verse and shares exactly the same address as a CIG office?

Turns out a couple of the CIG founders were born between May 22 - June 21.
I really want to see this film not paid for with backer funds and made not using backer-funded equipment created by the twice degreed Marketing expert with 15/15 vision, Native American blood (Mother's side) and a 6th Dan Blackbelt MMA instructor who was never secretly married to Chris Roberts because it's not a secret and you all know...

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Wise words from literally the worlds dumbest forum of idiot space fuckwit assholes posted: posted:

Get a critic...? just throw one of these in their face and walk away.
http://www.the-numbers.com/people/r...rs-in-all-roles

Oldman has pulled more money, harder, than nearly every name in Hollywood. Anymore critics, just say "stfu son." This man's opinion matters. His involvement matters.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AP posted:

This is kinda obvious but I dunno if anyone said it and I only just made the connection.

Remember the movie Elle that was apparently shot and funded by Gemini 42 the production company that also works on Around the Verse and shares exactly the same address as a CIG office?

Turns out a couple of the CIG founders were born between May 22 - June 21.
What Elle movie?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

th best thing to come out of CIG ever.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

I'm sorry I am a poo poo poster and forgot where the link to your show was. can you please relink it. you've mentioned it like 6 times and I fail to remember seeing a link for it.

I haven't really posted the link much. I didn't want to piss anyone off.
It's in my profile... otherwise it's https://www.beyondthehorizonradio.com

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Is this guy keeping a sex slave in his dungeon?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I know we give a lot of love to the other gary oldman pic but this one is so hosed up in it's own way it should be given the recognition it's due.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrDorf posted:

Holy poo poo, the Battletech Kickstarter is now offering the old school tabletop game sourcebooks in PDF form as backer bonuses. That's loving amazing, and literally better than anything SC has ever offered.

I don't think they'll make the 2.5 million goal which will guarantee PVP multiplayer :(

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Tarranon posted:

pre-alpha

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Every time, ha ha

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

3 posted:

pre-alpha

:downsbravo:

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MrDorf posted:

Roberts has nothing to offer. All his poo poo is owned by other companies and he left the gaming industry for over a decade ago. He couldn't even offer a digital novel or something. All he has are jpegs and an ever dwindling cult of deluded nerds who orgasm over hot keys in a patch and getting hosed in the rear end by Roberts over and over again and asking for more.

He's produced nothing, delivered nothing, scrapped things completely, missed every single deadline he promised and in addition to all that, had to be kicked off his last game and was sued out of the movie industry. It is the most pathetic community on the internet.

peter gabriel posted:

(Gary Oldman Stuff)

lol, Gary Oldman has been in a ton of absolute trash garbage for money. This isn't exactly a secret. Nor is he 'super serious actor man'. He's best known and loved for chewing the everliving poo poo out of scenery. I like Gary Oldman, but his involvement doesn't signal anything more than you paid him a lot of money to chew on some CGI walls. And looking at the CGI intro, Roberts won'rt even let him do that, just make him sound like a 95 year old man dying of emphysema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't think they'll make the 2.5 million goal which will guarantee PVP multiplayer :(

That's probably why they did the source-book thing. I have a feeling that the PVP will come regardless, as they can do what most every other one has done and allow more pledges during dev.

• Locked thread