Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Someone posted a link to a thread on the RSI forums a while back. Here are some signatures:

quote:

First Day of the 'verse I expect to hear the keening lament from many escape
pods as they realize that NPC skills are not all set to "stupid".
Screaming "LAWLESS SPACE" is not your "safe word" against NPCs.
- SilentRuin (Space Peasant)

The first ship to drop your cargo goes free! rest dies!
New? Enter STAR-J3K2-DDTS for 5000 UEC, FREE!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/VANDALS APPLY TODAY!

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” ~ Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Brand new?
Then use the code CITCONFLIGHT2K15 here to play free until Oct 25

Join the 73rd!
Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!

I have a Gladiator, a Gladius and an Aurora MR, and I am awaiting delivery of a Sabre. I'm set up to do any thing from pizza and beer runs to kicking Vanduul rear end. I'm part of OPPF too!

"Rush not into fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail."

"I´m not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing..."

Aegis Avenger - DV Bronco Buster // Aegis Retaliator - HMAV Bertha // Aegis Vanguard - FSM Oboro
Drake Cutlass Blue - MTS Super Donkey
Origin 350R - HSC Röhrl
Vanduul Glaive - Cut Less

Andromeda: Nemesis | Gladiator : Deadline | BMM: Dark Emporium | Sabre: Targa, | M50: Terminal Velocity| Redeemer: Bayonet | Beta: Sojourn |

"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell"

The Charge of the Light Brigade
Alfred, Lord Tenn

"I'm not crazy I just take part in calculated acts of insanity"

"A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person" Kickstarter

-- MISC Endeavour -- Drake Cutlass Black
Become a Star Citizen @RobertsSpaceInd and get 5,000 free Credits http://tinyurl.com/oomkln3
The Pledge

#Smooth4Sandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax
Realtalk folks I think CIG's code monkeys are furious that they're not getting a healthy slice (remember Travis Day leaving CIG like a week after talking about how great Arena Commander's new flight model - his baby - was coming along?) of CR's money pie, so they're sabotaging the game in protest.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

anyone who ever had an actual opinion on gamergate is bad

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
"Star Citizen, Hopefully we get something." - Scott Manley

I know he is trying really hard to be optimistic about this, no different than Beer or many other people here but poo poo, hearing it from him really helps anchor the fact that this project is really struggling to stay afloat despite the massive amount of income.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax
Chris please just fire your personal chef, stop buying fur coats for Sandi, and pay your team fair wages so we can get our loving game. Trust me homeboy you don't want to go down the other road. That way lies prison or worse.

Fake edit: BTW, if any of you goons live in or near Denver and want to meet up, I'll be staying at the Hyatt Place Denver Sat+Sun Oct 24-25th. Busy Sat but free sunday, especially afternoon.

Dr. Bitcorn fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 15, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Be nice to illectro. He tried, and he has a glorious Scottish accent.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

illectro posted:

I didn't publish that to my channel because it's a huge messy rambling train wreck of a video. Which puts it in line with many other opinion driven pieces on SC.

I don't know why anyone would jump on you for this- I listened to the first 15 minutes and it seems like it's largely just a neutral retreading of the allegations and facts around the case.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

Gamergate is boring now. Its had its hilarity run, but its time to ignore everyone involved and let them fade back into obscurity.

I still don't have a clue what it is, and have zero desire to find out. The whole "gate" thing that gets attached to scandals is so loving unclever, and I wish it would stop.

Can I get an abridged backstory on this Seraph guy? He's not notorious enough to make the SAclopedia.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

illectro posted:

I didn't publish that to my channel because it's a huge messy rambling train wreck of a video. Which puts it in line with many other opinion driven pieces on SC.

No one except the extremists is going to give you poo poo about this. It comes across as you trying really hard to stay positive about a project you feel is on shaky legs. What you're saying needs to be said and more people need to actually listen.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Gorson posted:

I still don't have a clue what it is, and have zero desire to find out. The whole "gate" thing that gets attached to scandals is so loving unclever, and I wish it would stop.

Can I get an abridged backstory on this Seraph guy? He's not notorious enough to make the SAclopedia.

Star Citizen, bitcoin enthusiast, really wants you to know that he thinks it's normal to be attracted to 15 year olds cause their eggs are ripe.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

illectro posted:

You're Scott, right?

It was pretty even-handed and fairly substantive-- which is pretty rare in Star Citizen coverage. I think it's a good "where is Star Citizen/CIG post Citcon?" recap.

I thought it was fair to all parties concerned-- even Derek. Choosing to stay neutral on such a divisive issue is pretty thankless, but as with Allen Stroud's recent "Code Red" article, I was really grateful to see it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gorson posted:

Nothing will be worst then GateGate as a name so at least GamerGate has that going for it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

illectro posted:

It was still better then anything else I mean at least it kind of rolled everything up into a digestible packet of information.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gorson posted:

A few brave souls are trying to popularize ' -ghazi', but it's slow going and if they succeed it's just replacing one tired meme with another.

One thing that I'm wondering is where was CitizenCon held previously? I'm guessing it wasn't the hanger of a defunct SST or I would have seen that brought up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sedisp posted:

Star Citizen, bitcoin enthusiast, really wants you to know that he thinks it's normal to be attracted to 15 year olds cause their eggs are ripe.

oh and you are a filthy poor.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Honestly that video of the dude free floating into the cabin of his spinning spaceship looked pretty drat cool. They can do poo poo like that but just keep showing us the dullest fps I've ever seen.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

attracted to 15 year olds

Get that granny out of here

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want to fly pretty spaceships with Scott Manley.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

Hey, real-fake videogame shitters are half off guize!

Looks like Portalarium is trying to one-up Crobert's referral program for most pathetic thing to ever happen on the internet.

Roberts pricing model for crowdfunding is literally the reason we're seeing this sort of things in other games.
Chris Roberts saved pc gaming.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Omi-Polari posted:

I want to fly pretty spaceships with Scott Manley.

Put youtube on in the background and pretend to do kerbal as good as him, works for me.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Madcosby posted:

Roberts pricing model for crowdfunding is literally the reason we're seeing this sort of things in other games.
Chris Roberts saved pc gaming.
I'm the moon-shaped face-level peephole in the door.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Fun Fact:

The last video game that Gary Oldman stared in was the 1982 Telesys classic "Fast Food" on Atari 2600

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

Realtalk folks I think CIG's code monkeys are furious that they're not getting a healthy slice (remember Travis Day leaving CIG like a week after talking about how great Arena Commander's new flight model - his baby - was coming along?) of CR's money pie, so they're sabotaging the game in protest.

This actually sounds pretty plausible. I've worked with a number of dysfunctional software engineering teams and it's pretty obvious when the devs are just phoning it in to pick up a check and run down the clock, and the (shitastic) project managers try to put a pretty spin on everything to pretend like something's getting done. "See, look at this huge list of things we accomplished this week!" <insert list of useless filler crap>. It's the project management version of double-spaced lines on a school essay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

Fun Fact:

The last video game that Gary Oldman stared in was the 1982 Telesys classic "Fast Food" on Atari 2600

its amazing that the graphics for this game were nearly as realistic as star citizen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Smart and Manley. Manley and Smart.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Smartley

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Scotterik Smartley

Derek and Scott on the ocean.
Derek and Scott at Tanagra.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

At this point, I think the Brown Sea will scream murder at anything that doesn't fawn over SC, so I can understand Manley's apprehension.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

trucutru posted:

Well, the cultists are loving this new patch thingy

Not Sure

Translation: No, but I'm afraid to be banned

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

It was pretty even-handed and fairly substantive-- which is pretty rare in Star Citizen coverage.

As such it will be seen as extremely negative. So beware nutters.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Sedisp posted:

Pedophiles are disgusting. Bitcoiners are annoying. A Citizen pedophile bitcoiner?

:frogout:

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6VAkJtXRw&feature=youtu.be

Yep. This game is hilarious.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

kordansk posted:

Derek and Scott at Tanagra.
Seraph! His face black, his eyes red! Derek and Scott at Tanagra. Derek and Scott on the cosmic ocean. Roberts, his army. Jakar, when the walls fell.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress goons and DS. Assholes are everywhere and while there might be a banner for people to follow that doesn't change the reality that people are assholes. No name is needed for that. If there wasn't a group called goon+(whatever) people would still exist. This long endless talk about goons and something awful is annoying. DS is a douche and talking about him is more credit than he deserves but Goons are just another name for people you run into too drat often. Good or bad doesn't matter.

I don't care about goons and how the world interacts with them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Goons 2.0.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Truga posted:

gently caress goons and DS. Assholes are everywhere and while there might be a banner for people to follow that doesn't change the reality that people are assholes. No name is needed for that. If there wasn't a group called goon+(whatever) people would still exist. This long endless talk about goons and something awful is annoying. DS is a douche and talking about him is more credit than he deserves but Goons are just another name for people you run into too drat often. Good or bad doesn't matter.

goons are poo poo? hot take

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

goons bad, no delivery dates or new playable content good.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I listened to this half a dozen times but couldn't make it because of the accent. Did he say "hey comrades, so I try new potato today"? If so that was a great touch. :laugh:

e: What are those satellites/light_columns supposed to be?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 15, 2015

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
So edgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Ouch. Harsh, CIG.

Truga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YINRwMVhBo&t=47s

And this one's for :lesnick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYusNNldesc&t=66s

Dr. Bitcorn fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 15, 2015

• Locked thread