Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the Star Citizen that actually gets released in stores is just going to be a Nintendo DS copy of WarioWare with the label scratched off and a folder filled with JPEGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The mind reels at the bomb-rear end dank-rear end mini-games they're going to come up with to be a surgeon in the 'Verse.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Gerbil_Pen posted:

They've officially given up on the cutlass.

TBH the buggy is a better ship.

Cutlass updates are a fantastic microcosm for the game as a whole. Three different sources constantly reporting three different levels of readyness/plans for moving forward and, in the end, absolutely nothing materializes beyond a broken piece of poo poo that's not fun to fly.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

TBH the buggy is a better ship.

Cutlass updates are a fantastic microcosm for the game as a whole. Three different sources constantly reporting three different levels of readyness/plans for moving forward and, in the end, absolutely nothing materializes beyond a broken piece of poo poo that's not fun to fly.
In that way it pretty closely matches actual fighter plane development.

Vvv Fuckin' lol at that username vvv

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 17, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This is absolutely hilarious.

Was Wulf one of the generous ship donors, responding to a maternal damsel ("BettysBigTits") in distress?

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 17, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Applebee123 posted:

"Operating Theater
Gameplay: The operating theater module of the ship is the
highest-level personal repair facility available without shipping
the patient back to a planet. This is where any of the
highest-level FPS body repair stuff can happen — replace lost
limbs, fix damaged organs, etc. "

Imagine playing a FPS, where when you get shot you can lose limbs and need to seek out an operating theater and someone to reattach them, that's the level of immersion and detail Chris Roberts is looking to bring.
I did some digging through the CIG internal cyber-matrix, and I found this leaked screenshot of the revolutionary medical interface.

Roberts does it again!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I'm loading up on coffee now.
Derek Smart is confirmed to call in today on the show.

Tune in at Noon Eastern, and join in the chat

All our Social Media links are on the front page:
https://www.beyondthehorizonradio.com
Twitter: @BTH_Radio
Facebook.com/BeyondTheHorizonRadio

Disclaimer: We will take live calls via Skype. Please make sure you have headphones, and a decent mic so we can hear you and we don't get any feedback from you. Thanks!

this is starting now nerds

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

G0RF posted:

Was Wulf one of the generous ship donors, responding to a maternal damsel ("BettysBigTits") in distress?

:eyepop:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The Kins posted:

I did some digging through the CIG internal cyber-matrix, and I found this leaked screenshot of the revolutionary medical interface.

Roberts does it again!

Now I want to play TFTD for the 45th time..

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
FULL BURN!

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

I enjoy your radio with its bad music.

edit: I think I'd rather play widga(?) games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the full burn thing I just want to be a joke so bad because the vocals and music is so loving awful but

its not

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dante80 posted:

Now I want to play TFTD for the 45th time..
OpenXCOM supports it in its daily WIP builds now. I dunno how close to done it is (other than "more finished than Star Citizen will ever be") but you can at least get your little dudes Lobstermanned again without needing DOSbox.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

http://www.allenstroud.co.uk/2015/10/star-citizen-tackling-escapists-part-1.html

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

G0RF posted:

Her post history is :nws:

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

G0RF posted:

What in the hell. Maybe this is actually Wulf's wife? The circle is complete.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lmao

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

G0RF posted:

quote:

Definitely has a tinge of Scamming to it.

As much as I think Citizens are awesome - we have a lot of easily manipulatable men with disposable incomes.

It seemed obvious when they were asking about it earlier - but I was willing to give them a sort of benefit of the doubt. Lets see what their response is I guess before judging unfairly.

Well they're almost self aware.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
im the vent/grill

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
I honestly hope she's still trolling and immediately dumps them on the grey market.

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?
10:1 Its a goon

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Allen is really knocking it out of the park-- I can't wait to hear his take on the next Lave Radio.

(I wish I could call in to the Derek Smart interview Bluestreak - unable to, but eager to check it out later.)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

G0RF posted:

oh good god which one of you is this?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
drat Derek talks a lot LOL

In reference to Chris Roberts response letter - "I would never write that. I would NEVER write that and I'm Derek Smart."

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
hi im BellesBiggerBoobs, and i would like an idris please you loving retards!

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Derek Smart posted:

I'm Derek Smart!

- Derek Smart

By Derek Smart.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

So someone's paid a prostitute to beg for jpegs?
Seraph?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paladinus posted:

So someone's paid a prostitute to beg for jpegs?
Seraph?

Probably not even that, they probably just took them from a camgirl's site or even just found them on the internet.

Even if they did pay a prostitute for a photoshoot, they're still coming out ahead.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Tee hee!

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

I'm the cat on the phone.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Cletus Van Damme posted:

10:1 Its a goon

No bet

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I'm sorry I've been a harsh critic of this game but for anyone reading this is me irl

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

i decensored the picture.
its oldman again

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?
https://www.reddit.com/user/BettysBigTits/submitted/ check the last 2

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

this is one elaborate long game, props whoever it is.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
r/gonemild/I spent most o(F) the day reading about the video game "star citizen" instead of being productive, punish me.

Seems legit. Chris Roberts is the bad boy of gaming and keeps missing deadlines because he just doesn't give a drat. So hot.

Ohmygodsquad fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Agrajag posted:

this is one elaborate long game, props whoever it is.

Isn't this where you build up a huge troop of Reddit followers then release a pic of your lady dick

• Locked thread