Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

Once they pay the Tax Man his tenbux and access the non-public forum then our plans won't really work anymore imo

they could crowdfund the money for an SA account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm friends with Derek on Facebook :smuggo:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

It's a thing that happens a lot with SC players, they need to stop waffling the boring twats

Well it's not like they have a game to play so they gotta fill the time somehow.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Ohai guise.
What have I missed?

Who is BettysBigTits?
Beer, why didn't you tell me you've been DS's handler the whole time?

Thanks everyone that tuned in today.

This show replays in its entirety Sunday-Friday at Noon, and Sunday-Thursday at 10pm (all times Eastern).
If I have time, I'll see about cutting up the two segments from today, and putting them up to stream somewhere (I have to remove all the music and poo poo in order to be compliant for licensing).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wafflz posted:

Well it's not like they have a game to play so they gotta fill the time somehow.

This is a great point.
Hopefully this will change when the game launchahahahahahaha

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Star Citizen: Fear, Uncertainty, and BettysBigTits

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

2DCAT posted:

Star Citizen: Fear, Uncertainty, and BettysBigTits

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
it's been a pretty quiet week huh...can't wait for the November Notacult celebration...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

doctor iono posted:

:eyepop: What an... interesting tactic.

Wulf posted:

Rather convenient that someone takes screenshots of every conversation they have, from start to end, isn't it? That took over a year from the alleged incident to show up? ...and that's not a log. That's fabricated screenshots. Big difference.

I have no clue what he's talking about. Why would someone write out five pages of autistic weirdness? How did they manage to copy his verbose, weird, WEIRD writing style? Why would someone photoshop a log to make it seem older (the stalker created the fake chat log a year ago, but didn't want to release it?) If someone did photoshop the logs, why would they ever write anything like that and not just him dropping an n-bomb or something more sensational? It's bizarre.
With all of the weird poo poo Wulf was spewing, it would have been odd not to record it for posterity.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe stole my idea of changing my Steam name to BettysBigTits.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

We should all do it. Her name was Bettysbigtits.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jimb posted:

Ok, I've been following this shitshow for awhile but I need to know, who the gently caress is Derek smart? It's entertaining to watch but you guys seem to have known about him from before?

For different reasons in 1997 Battle Cruiser 3000AD blew up in the same way Star Citizen is going to blow up, only SC is going to be a million times worse because of all the money involved and the hype in 2015 is on a completely different magnitude. The main difference here is that Derek Smart attempted to do (and is still going at it 20 years later) something even a huge team with a lot of money would have trouble with as SC has proved. He's a sort of cross between Ed Wood and Tesla, loves what he does, is a little crazy and full of hubris but he's real and he really tries (and largely fails) to create something visionary and groundbreaking. He also fully embraced the internet warlord reputation and that makes him much more funny and chill. Chris Roberts on the other hand is a lazy eyed mumbling cynic milking nostalgic man children for all they are worth.

All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again. :psylon:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 17, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I did and im not ashamed

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Jimb posted:

Wow

(My mind has been torn in two. This is too meta)

it gets more meta than that son

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

For different reasons in 1997 Battle Cruiser 3000AD blew up in the same way Star Citizen is going to blow up, only SC is going to be a million times worse because of all the money involved and the hype in 2015 is on a completely different magnitude. The main difference here is that Derek Smart attempted to do (and is still going at it 20 years later) something even a huge team with a lot of money would have trouble with as SC has proved. He's a sort of cross between Ed Wood and Tesla, loves what he does, is a little crazy and full of hubris but he's real and he really tries (and largely fails) to create something visionary and groundbreaking. He also fully embraced the internet warlord reputation and that makes him much more funny and chill. Chris Roberts on the other hand is a lazy eyed mumbling cynic milking nostalgic man children for all they are worth.

Yeah, you can hate Smart all you want but you can't say his scope/vision wasn't ever grand and he got a lot farther than CIG ever did or has.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

quote:

A team mate and I are in the middle of an FPS fight. I tell him I am reloading. My first-person reloading animation and the third person one are out of sync. He sees me finish reloading and assumes I am ready to continue fighting, even though, in reality, my first person reload is still going. He doesn't know this and reloads/turns in another direction and leaves both of us defenseless as an opponent comes around the corners and kills us both. Timing, be it on the bridge of a ship, in an FPS scenario, or doing delicate maneuvering in zero-g, matters a lot for a complex game such as this. That is an example of why it can matter to gameplay.

From a dumb reddit thread about their insistence on having the same animations in first and third person view. Does anyone actually play an FPS like this guy apparently thinks he will? I don't think I've ever told someone I'm reloading in a single game in my entire life. I just do it. Everyone just does it.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

quote:

Universal CombatStar Citizen is one of the first games produced solely for sex offenders.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Crobor

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
crobor

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
/\/\/\/\
Crodor?

Ohmygodsquad posted:

From a dumb reddit thread about their insistence on having the same animations in first and third person view. Does anyone actually play an FPS like this guy apparently thinks he will? I don't think I've ever told someone I'm reloading in a single game in my entire life. I just do it. Everyone just does it.

No, they need top quality mocaped hand gestures so they can silently organize the SWAT raid on the enemy ship with their teammates. It's a matter of immersion, you wouldn't understand. :smuggo:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Dude is playing a co-op version of receiver clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCThInmzjXw

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ohmygodsquad posted:

meanwhile mlg progamer goons just run in spamming flashbangs or whatever dumb OP gimmick there is and teabag these idiots. Have these people ever even played a videogame?

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
The last post on the Star Citizen subreddit before it closes:

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Arrested Development, the Chris Roberts story.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://radio.starcitizenbase.com/the-friday-night-show-interview-jared-huckaby/

1 hour 30 minutes in Disco Lando spends an extremely awkward 10 minutes talking about how amazing his boss is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ohmygodsquad posted:

quote:

A team mate and I are in the middle of an FPS fight. I tell him I am reloading. My first-person reloading animation and the third person one are out of sync. He sees me finish reloading and assumes I am ready to continue fighting, even though, in reality, my first person reload is still going. He doesn't know this and reloads/turns in another direction and leaves both of us defenseless as an opponent comes around the corners and kills us both. Timing, be it on the bridge of a ship, in an FPS scenario, or doing delicate maneuvering in zero-g, matters a lot for a complex game such as this. That is an example of why it can matter to gameplay.

lmao. well maybe if you spent less time looking at your buddy's mocap hand crafted reload animation and spent more time watching the corner, that guy wouldn't have come and killed both of you.

also im pretty sure that reloading and the animations are synced anyways. at least I never saw anyone start firing before their reload animation was done in FPS games.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

mocap hand crafted reload animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WasgRxx6r4

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lmao. well maybe if you spent less time looking at your buddy's mocap hand crafted reload animation and spent more time watching the corner, that guy wouldn't have come and killed both of you.

also im pretty sure that reloading and the animations are synced anyways. at least I never saw anyone start firing before their reload animation was done in FPS games.

They apparently think that without using one set of animations in both first and third person keeping them in sync is impossible, barring those hundreds of other inferior non-CR FPS's out there that work perfectly fine with having the animations seperate.

Oh yeah, did you guys know Chris Roberts invented GTA 3?

quote:

CR created a game that was Grand Theft Auto 3 before GTA 3 was made by a long while.

quote:

" Action on foot and behind the wheel. “Loose Cannon” seamlessly blends realistic driving physics with fast-paced action on foot. When players choose to leave their vehicles (or are forced out), they may fight on foot, steal other cars, repair their vehicles or even pursue an escaped fugitive into an enemy compound."

quote:

Yep, planned game that was canceled.

Clearly this man can do no wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Actually I just remembered the special reload animations for Battlefield Hardline. They should use these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HGmUBQOHM

"B..but my teammate used his jedi powers to reload. This isn't canon in Star Citizen" :qq:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Oh yeah, did you guys know Chris Roberts invented GTA 3?

Clearly this man can do no wrong.

Croberts is an ideas man, he should get into bitcoin.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

may the force be with you

Fang The Parrot
Oct 16, 2015

$2500 of spaceships?

MeLKoR posted:

Most people go all their online lives without even hearing of goons but there's a few that are a bit more clued in, they've either been the victim, seen someone get hosed or heard about it second hand but never actually been to SA. It's impressive what a decade and a half trolling the internet will do., they have this image of goons as Moriarty-like geniuses when in reality it's just the critical mass of ten thousand simultaneous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgXy8HIrhk

I played EvE for a few years, the first big org I joined I got lectured by the new recruit officer to "stay the gently caress away from goons" so it just became one of those things, goons = scary, I don't think I ever looked at SA forums or if I did the paywall was up. I ended up getting scammed by goons, it was a recruitment scam where I lost half my stuff, but immediately afterwards I realised how stupid I had been, oh well should have stayed away from goons, goons = bad. I stopped playing EvE a few months before BoB got destroyed, but I remember reading about it and thinking, loving goons = ruin everything.

Since then I have heard about goons in other games, just small news, nothing big. I didn't back SC until 2014 and I saw "The Goons" were here, uh oh, well I guess I'm just going to have to stay the gently caress away from them. When all this drama went down, especially the last month, it was hard to get a read on what was happening. Dr Smart had raised a couple of reasonable issues I thought, but when he goes into full rampage mode I can't take him seriously. The SC subreddit and forums were okay at first, but more and more even the slightest criticism got downvoted, shutdown or banned, which basically left the conspiricy theorists or the sycophants.

I was trawling through every thread in /r/StarCitizen or /r/DerekSmart trying to find out any "real" information because most of it was garbage, fanfiction or religious worship. I admit that I was watching the conspiracy theorists mostly because they seemed to have some kind of clue what was going on, or at least I thought they did. When I saw all the stuff about D Smart being a goon sock puppet, it all made sense, of course those goons were up to their old tricks! So I decided that I wasn't going to stand for this, I wasn't going to let the goons ruin things this time. So I set myself to watching the goons more closely, I would read everything, i would find where they made their first mistake and I would make them pay, foiling them and foiling the Derek Smart.

So I started from the beginning of this thread, combing through every post to find out what they had, to catch them in their lies! But then it got to a point where, I wasn't looking for dirt on SA or Derek Smart (who I still don't like, but anyway), but i was actually getting a better idea about what was going on. Learning where CIG had misstepped that I wasn't aware of, learning that some of this went way back to before I got involved with SC. Eventually it just got to a point, where I started laughing out loud at some of the things I read, but I think it was when dickwulf did his "A Rally" speech because apparently he thinks he's Admiral Bishop, and someone posted something like "Oh drat we lost the war bros" and someone else followed up with "I blame poor leadership", I loving lost it completely, I was in hysterics with my eyes watering, it was the funniest thing I had read about SC in months.

I guess it kind of dawned on me, that I had assumed a lot of things and I hadn't really checked things out for myself and that even though you were making GBS threads on SC, at least you were having fun. The subreddit has devolved into nothing but sycophants and idiots, and the RSI forums are worse, so even though I'm probably going to end up getting banned for shitposting eventually, I decided you deserved my 10 bucks for making me laugh about SC.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dark Off posted:

may the force be with you

http://youtu.be/C2WIvJUBbJw

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fang The Parrot posted:

I played EvE for a few years, the first big org I joined I got lectured by the new recruit officer to "stay the gently caress away from goons" so it just became one of those things, goons = scary, I don't think I ever looked at SA forums or if I did the paywall was up. I ended up getting scammed by goons, it was a recruitment scam where I lost half my stuff, but immediately afterwards I realised how stupid I had been, oh well should have stayed away from goons, goons = bad. I stopped playing EvE a few months before BoB got destroyed, but I remember reading about it and thinking, loving goons = ruin everything.

Since then I have heard about goons in other games, just small news, nothing big. I didn't back SC until 2014 and I saw "The Goons" were here, uh oh, well I guess I'm just going to have to stay the gently caress away from them. When all this drama went down, especially the last month, it was hard to get a read on what was happening. Dr Smart had raised a couple of reasonable issues I thought, but when he goes into full rampage mode I can't take him seriously. The SC subreddit and forums were okay at first, but more and more even the slightest criticism got downvoted, shutdown or banned, which basically left the conspiricy theorists or the sycophants.

I was trawling through every thread in /r/StarCitizen or /r/DerekSmart trying to find out any "real" information because most of it was garbage, fanfiction or religious worship. I admit that I was watching the conspiracy theorists mostly because they seemed to have some kind of clue what was going on, or at least I thought they did. When I saw all the stuff about D Smart being a goon sock puppet, it all made sense, of course those goons were up to their old tricks! So I decided that I wasn't going to stand for this, I wasn't going to let the goons ruin things this time. So I set myself to watching the goons more closely, I would read everything, i would find where they made their first mistake and I would make them pay, foiling them and foiling the Derek Smart.

So I started from the beginning of this thread, combing through every post to find out what they had, to catch them in their lies! But then it got to a point where, I wasn't looking for dirt on SA or Derek Smart (who I still don't like, but anyway), but i was actually getting a better idea about what was going on. Learning where CIG had misstepped that I wasn't aware of, learning that some of this went way back to before I got involved with SC. Eventually it just got to a point, where I started laughing out loud at some of the things I read, but I think it was when dickwulf did his "A Rally" speech because apparently he thinks he's Admiral Bishop, and someone posted something like "Oh drat we lost the war bros" and someone else followed up with "I blame poor leadership", I loving lost it completely, I was in hysterics with my eyes watering, it was the funniest thing I had read about SC in months.

I guess it kind of dawned on me, that I had assumed a lot of things and I hadn't really checked things out for myself and that even though you were making GBS threads on SC, at least you were having fun. The subreddit has devolved into nothing but sycophants and idiots, and the RSI forums are worse, so even though I'm probably going to end up getting banned for shitposting eventually, I decided you deserved my 10 bucks for making me laugh about SC.
same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fang The Parrot posted:

actually a p good post but im just going to respond with

same

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fang The Parrot posted:

#somethingwitty/meme

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fang The Parrot posted:

Welcome!

How many jpegs do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Fang The Parrot posted:

same

• Locked thread