Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

Bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCGzNeGbwRw

Skip to 20 seconds in, he clearly had a flyable hornet back at the time of the original kickstarter.

What I think is really funny about this is that Kerbal Space Program does this, but it does it in a way that still expects you to compensate for maneuvers. That, and Kerbal Space Program is an actual game and you can build your own spaceships in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Szcwczuk posted:

Question. When you get to be that massive where do you find shirts and stuff that will fit? Do they have to be custom ordered to the shapes of the their ummm additions?

You stop wearing actual clothes and resort to repurposed table cloths.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

I heard he agreed to be measured so they can get their planetary gravity algorithm to be absolutely perfect.

Yep, gravitational rotations and distance calculations confirmed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Szcwczuk posted:

Can a standard office chair support such a man? What is the upper limit of those little gas cylinders?

You need to special order fat people chairs, we have a few floating around the office for our fatties.

No I do not need one shut up

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Hey Bootcha he's talking about you

e: seriously, rule whatever of VC is not to invest in someone who is openly talking about how he'd rather not be partnered with you

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Amun Khonsu posted:

Yep, gravitational rotations and distance calculations confirmed.

This has me thinking...what does it feel like (like at the exact moment of realization) when you realize that even Wal-Mart doesn't carry shirts big enough for you anymore, and you now have to buy your horse blanket shirts at Casual Male XL.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

This has me thinking...what does it feel like (like at the exact moment of realization) when you realize that even Wal-Mart doesn't carry shirts big enough for you anymore, and you now have to buy your horse blanket shirts at Casual Male XL.

simple , you just grow hair and become a fat wookie

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED
Spinny Avenger boarding hijinks

https://youtu.be/he0q3TdVLmM

Link because :words: local physics :words: Star Citizen :words:

EDIT:

He even managed without kill himself

Malleovic fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
star citizens finally putting their jpegs to good use

:nws::nws:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

d smart doesnt seem to have an issue doxxing or threatening to doxx people if it's in the name of his crusade

we should ban him

Nah, it's not my style. There is always that line that I tend to teeter over but never cross.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Regardless of what Wulf does bringing his wife into this is uncalled for. The more personal you make it, the less about Star Citizen things get, the less credibility you have. Simply saying that everything is in the public domain does not shield you from the fact that, to a reasonable person, your actions look outright petty and vindictive.

I'm guessing you missed the post (I think it's like 5 pages back) where I said it had nothing to do with his wife? :(

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

i will never for the life of me understand why someone pays $10 to change someone's avatar and won't even come up with a sick burn

If they could come up with a sick burn they wouldnae be buying avatars.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Why bother actually coming up with a sick burn if you can instead just visually demonstrate that there was a sick burn in there, somewhere?

Something something something star citizen something jpegs.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Io_ posted:

If they could come up with a sick burn they wouldnae be buying avatars.

It is the most passive aggressive of attacks so of course its popular around here.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kylra posted:

It's supposed to be that you don't get the information for every person, only every ship plus the people inside the ship you're in. So if there's 10 ships with 20 people each, you only have to transfer 30 (10+20 in the ship with you) units of position/etc data to 200 people, instead of 210 (10 ships + 200 people total) units of position/etc data to 200. 600 vs 4200.

But if you have one ship with 20 people and 9 hornets, most people are only getting 11 units of data (themselves, plus 10 ships) while the people in the big ship are getting 30 (20 people + 10 ships) each.

Which is going to be funny when a bunch of people EVA at once. Because they won't cull EVAs for the people who don't need it in the first iteration I'm sure.

Been there.

Done that.

They're positively hosed.

They can't even get up to 16 clients working properly. In fighters.

Now go ahead and add all of that up, and you forgot about projectiles (lasers, missiles) which also need to handled.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Here's my sick epic burn that deserves me some av:

Star Citizen sucks

Bonus burn:

When NMS comes out, it will be known as "Elite: Dangerous For Kids."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

I'm guessing you missed the post (I think it's like 5 pages back) where I said it had nothing to do with his wife? :(

Saying things like this:

D_Smart posted:

Of course, I didn't want to scare him by letting him know that we have Kati's LinkedIn profile, email, work phone number, Facebook page and everything. All of it. But nobody's going to dox her; even though the material is all out there. That sonafabitch has no loving clue who he's messing with.

Does not make you look good.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
SC alpha 2.0 will be the put up or shut up moment. I think we will see that before anything else (including a shut down).

I like loving with people in games. If they can get a janky mini pu going and I can troll the poo poo out of people, I will be playing.

Mr. Smart - thank you for the free key, but my experience was disappointing as I literally did not see a single other person online. Additionally, my weapon pack disappeared when I left the spaceship. Also, there were no things to shoot. Finally, I could not change the lighting in the different levels so things were near impossible to see.

In conclusion

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Please don't dox

please don't touch the poop

look, don't touch

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

D_Smart posted:

Been there.

Done that.

They're positively hosed.

They can't even get up to 16 clients working properly. In fighters.

Now go ahead and add all of that up, and you forgot about projectiles (lasers, missiles) which also need to handled.

Shouldn't the real question, at this point, no longer be "How hosed are they ?", but "How insane is Croberts ?".

If the state of the project is really as bad as many suspect, then any sane person would go into damage control, secretly cut back on features and try to get out something playable. Instead the feature creep and scope keeps expanding. Coke must be one helluva drug.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

AP posted:

The same Dickwulf that leaked details from Sandi Roberts about the "real" reason for Alex Mayberry's department

What's this referring to?

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

What's this referring to?

"As usual, people are intentionally creating drama for the attention it garners. Mr. Mayberry has a very ill close relation and has been on leave for some months now. It's none of our business, and not indicative of anything; Despite what some of the louder detractors would wish." https://archive.is/EO7uX

Only registered members can see post attachments!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

pftc posted:

"As usual, people are intentionally creating drama for the attention it garners. Mr. Mayberry has a very ill close relation and has been on leave for some months now. It's none of our business, and not indicative of anything; Despite what some of the louder detractors would wish." https://archive.is/EO7uX

Kinda like how people shouldnt be privy to Mr. Knights privates. But he screwed that one up.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

pftc posted:

:wom:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Can I please get a rundown on what the hell this game was supposed to be, why autists paid thousands of bucks for a lovely nonexistent spaceship, and why this thread is now somehow worse than the Starbound thread?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BillmasterCozb posted:

Can I please get a rundown on what the hell this game was supposed to be, why autists paid thousands of bucks for a lovely nonexistent spaceship, and why this thread is now somehow worse than the Starbound thread?

this is the best thread. you are totally mistaken.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

Quick breakdown on what the game was meant to be and what it is in reality as posted by some talented chap earlier in this thread:

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

What do you want the game to be?

That is what it will be.

Here is a new spaceship. Look at how amazing it is. It will have new mechanics to support all the amazing new things you can do in it.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

why this thread is now somehow worse than the Starbound thread?

What the hell are you talking about? This thread is the best thing on SA right now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Starbound is a good game and has a good thread here on SA. Stop bringing your negativity to this, the most excellent of, threads. This thread has provided me more entertainment than StarShitizen ever could.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

This is the only thread where you can get burger and Swedish meatball recipes, Haiku, lovely photoshops, and autist mocking all in one place! It's like a superdense SA but good.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

the Starbound thread?

I'm pretty sure the SB thread had some people who actually liked playing the game and thought it was good so that is a major difference from this thread.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
I still can't believe people still fall for the "I'M A WOMAN GIVE ME THINGS", in games still.

Hey man, I know a prince in Nigeria who needs help moving some money....

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

D_Smart posted:

Nah, it's not my style. There is always that line that I tend to teeter over but never cross.

Except you have doxed people so I mean there 's that I guess.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hooded Reptile posted:

I still can't believe people still fall for the "I'M A WOMAN GIVE ME THINGS", in games still.

Hey man, I know a prince in Nigeria who needs help moving some money....

Star Citizen has done ONE thing right. This is my favorite insult. [url] http://gfycat.com/LateSparseFish[/url]

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

ShredsYouSay posted:

Isn't it just simple vector addition for position and some godawful quarter onion moon maths for the rotation, which is apparently easy for the computer to do?

In principle it could be that easy if you assume some inertia dampening space magic a la Star Trek. However, the question is still whether the engine exposes this mechanism, allowing you to make your own local physics grids with ease. If one (and only one!) physics grid is hardcoded deep into the engine, doing something like this could become very complicated, as you have to do major engine coding.

In any case, I would consider it a major warning sign, that apparently CIG's major acomplishment consists of wrangling their engine into submission in order to do something relatively simple. They should have taken an engine that allows for that kind of thing out of the box. I mean, this running-around-on-ships-business was allegedly envisioned as a corner stone of their game from the beginning. In that case they should have made sure that they had a suitable engine!

grimcreaper posted:

Star Citizen has done ONE thing right. This is my favorite insult. [url] http://gfycat.com/LateSparseFish[/url]

The emote is stolen from Guardians of the Galaxy if I'm not mistaken.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

grimcreaper posted:

You aren't making friends.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

D_Smart posted:

Of course, I didn't want to scare him by letting him know that we have Kati's LinkedIn profile, email, work phone number, Facebook page and everything. All of it. But nobody's going to dox her; even though the material is all out there. That sonafabitch has no loving clue who he's messing with.

Just quoting so people know that D_smart would never dox people.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saying things like this:

Does not make you look good.

Agreed. But it's all in her LinkedIn profile. As I said in the post. My public LinkedIn profile has no such public info.

Also, what's lost in the context now that /r/Accelerwraith/ is banned/deleted, is that he posted about my wife. Not sure how many of you saw that before this tool reported the sub-red and
got it banned.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

grimcreaper posted:

http://giphy.com/gifs/guardians-of-the-galaxy-sorry-chris-pratt-wTUr3J4G4BPEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

D_Smart posted:

Agreed. But it's all in her LinkedIn profile. As I said in the post. My public LinkedIn profile has no such public info.

Also, what's lost in the context now that /r/Accelerwraith/ is banned/deleted, is that he posted about my wife. Not sure how many of you saw that before this tool reported the sub-red and
got it banned.

So it's fine for you to make threatening remarks towards this person because they made a linked in profile? Are you aware of how much of a dick bag that makes you look?

• Locked thread