Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

quote:

I want to believe in fatshark, but the entire beta process has been pretty concerning. This was their chance to show what they could do as publishers, and the results have been disappointing.

The Public Beta servers went offline for a few hours? *faints*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Skandranon posted:

People will refund at the drop of a hat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Skandranon posted:

Excuse me I am a mature and experienced gamer so I must discuss my opinions of the beta from the perspective of a professional reviewer by which I mean lovely streamer fnar fnar

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It is a little disappointing that I won't be able to play after work, but such is life. At least it hit during the beta window.

On the other hand, Rebel Galaxy was just released, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Excuse me I am a mature and experienced gamer so I must discuss my opinions of the beta from the perspective of a professional reviewer by which I mean lovely streamer fnar fnar

As a paying and discerning video game enthusiast i *fart*

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Zaodai posted:

It is a little disappointing that I won't be able to play after work, but such is life. At least it hit during the beta window.

On the other hand, Rebel Galaxy was just released, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

That's the thing, it's disappointing because the game is already so much fun! With only 3 maps, 1 of which we avoid because loving up the end is so easy. I just don't get how people can go from "this is amazing I love killing Skaven" to "BUGS IN A BETA? WHAT AMATEURS!!! REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Skandranon posted:

That's the thing, it's disappointing because the game is already so much fun! With only 3 maps, 1 of which we avoid because loving up the end is so easy. I just don't get how people can go from "this is amazing I love killing Skaven" to "BUGS IN A BETA? WHAT AMATEURS!!! REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

People are dumb.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm mostly just a little annoyed because I wanted to kill more rats, which tells me the game is good and fun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That's it, canceling my pre-order.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

To be fair no one wanted to really play with those idiots anyways

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
I'm cancelling my preorder because your guys posts ruined the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also am legit bummed I can't kill rats tonight :( maybe I'll install that mordheim game I bought like a year ago.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

BadLlama posted:

Also am legit bummed I can't kill rats tonight :( maybe I'll install that mordheim game I bought like a year ago.

Even better, you can play AS rats and kill dumb humans.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

If Fat Shark didn't make such a fun game, I wouldn't feel so bad about the servers being down.

gently caress you, Fat Shark. Make a worse game next time.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Gimnbo posted:

If Fat Shark didn't make such a fun game, I wouldn't feel so bad about the servers being down.

gently caress you, Fat Shark. Make a worse game next time.

Worst. Game. Ever.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robzilla posted:

Worst. Game. Ever.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
ded gaem

Skandranon posted:

The game is officially released on Steam Oct 23 2015, but if you pre-order the game (at a 10% discount), you get access to the open beta test one week early. Beta progression does not carry over into when the full game is released.

Progress will be saved past beta barring some exploitastrophe.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Riftling posted:

ded gaem

My bad, I thought I edited that when we went over that earlier. OP updated.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Riftling posted:

ded gaem

Would exploitastrophe also include the backend falling apart so bad that the devs don't even have any idea whats wrong?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Shadowlz posted:

Would exploitastrophe also include the backend falling apart so bad that the devs don't even have any idea whats wrong?

I'm sure they have Elmer's glue or something for that.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Bad news possibly for some depending on when whatever the issue is kicked off...

quote:

01:46 GMT:
When we deploy a fix for this a rollback of progression will be required. We're hoping the amount of loot/levels lost won't be much. The backup should be quite close to when the issues began.

We're terribly sorry for these issues and hope to have things running smoothly again as soon as possible!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I got the GMG code for an extra 25 percent off and bought the preorder at 20 bucks. I won't get to sit down and play until thursday evening though. If I'm a hitty hitty smashy smashy kind of player, would the Dwarf be a good fit?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I got the GMG code for an extra 25 percent off and bought the preorder at 20 bucks. I won't get to sit down and play until thursday evening though. If I'm a hitty hitty smashy smashy kind of player, would the Dwarf be a good fit?

Yeah, the Dwarf gets some pretty satisfying hammers and axes. Soldier is an extremely similar class as well. The only major differences are that he trades axes, which are generally more single target and higher damage, for swords, which hit more enemies and swing faster. He also gets a pretty sweet 8-round shotgun repeater thing instead of the Dwarf's awesome drakefire pistols (which basically turn him into the Bright Wizard).

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sure, but if you like to smash poo poo you might want to try starting with the soldier as his starting weapon, a two-handed hammer, crushes skulls and can several rats flying with one huge swing.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Servers are still down so I say let's speculate on potential future characters. For starters:

Bretonnian Peasant

Protected by an impenetrable field of sack cloth and poor hygiene, the Peasant harasses his enemies to ruin with a deadly combination of panhandling and grotesque deformities brought on by inbreeding.

Primary Weapon: Hoes, Rakes, other farming implements

Ranged Weapon: Crippling poverty, handfuls of human refuse

Headgear options can include different varieties of really gross teeth.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Screw that, we need to call in an expert!

And a High Elf White Lion or Swordmaster of Hoeth. Really, any High Elf would do, but preferably not a Wizard.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And a High Elf White Lion or Swordmaster of Hoeth. Really, any High Elf would do, but preferably not a Wizard.

The true hero the Old World needs.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Man, I don't know, a Rat Catcher might be a little overpowered for this game. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm sure they can adjust the Small but Vicious Dog so it will be balanced. :colbert:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Man, I don't know, a Rat Catcher might be a little overpowered for this game. :v:

It's not the rat catcher that's OP, it's the Small but Vicious Dog he has with him.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'd play a Halfling Chef that hits things with a cast iron skillet.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I don't care what sort of canonical hoops they need to jump through. Gimme an Orc.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Favorite quotes?

"This terrible, awful city ..."
"Is. Where. I. Am. From."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Make it into a pet class for all the animals you catch, cannot restock ammo at boxes but can catch rats in the street to use for additional ammo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What do the hats actually do?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Cause jealousy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hat

+5 to total skull count

Blue slot powerup: Stops you from being a skull-less lower-classer.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
True fact: is it fashionable among the nobility of the Reikland (the Empire's main province) to wear/display the skulls of relatives, ancestors, and/or celebrities.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I want a Lizardman with a polearm and possibly javelins for a ranged option. Make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ellbent posted:

True fact: is it fashionable among the nobility of the Reikland (the Empire's main province) to wear/display the skulls of relatives, ancestors, and/or celebrities.

Skaven still have the best fashion accessory, dead cat on hip

• Locked thread