Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I use :shittydog: to be sarcastic

That's really cool. :shittydog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Grim Up North posted:

That's really cool. :shittydog:

See :)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I use :shittydog: to be sarcastic

I can't see that as anything other than a ghost doggie :3:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
somebody stop the madughhhhhhhhh :shittypop:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hey so whatever happened to that :science: variant where it's like :pseudo: but he's electrocuting himself? Or was that just a gif someone made? Haven't seen it in ages.

edit: Found it. Dug up some others too.

Friar Zucchini has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Oct 22, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I like it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love the stare variants. That toot one is awesome.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the :toot: one because its emote tag would be :stoot: and I find that very funny because I am a child who thinks silly sounds are humorous.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I like the :toot: one because its emote tag would be :stoot: and I find that very funny because I am a child who thinks silly sounds are humorous.

But it is really one of the best emotes we have. Brilliant in its simplicity. :toot: Depending on how you pronounce toot it can even be used sarcastically.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I prefer :confuoot: myself. "Uh...yay I guess??"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Also one of the best. To toot or not to toot.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

If only emotes would show up in thread titles. (ahem)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

somebody stop the madughhhhhhhhh :shittypop:

Wishful thinking there chief. It's an indie darling heavily inspired by nerd favorite Earthbound. I'm sure we'll have plenty of only-useful-in-that-LP-thread smilies for it here soon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I thought LPs had a blackout period until the game has been out for a few months. That game has only been out for just over a month, so is there even a LP? I figured it came out of the Undertale thread in Games, which posts a few hundred posts a day.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IUG posted:

I thought LPs had a blackout period until the game has been out for a few months. That game has only been out for just over a month, so is there even a LP? I figured it came out of the Undertale thread in Games, which posts a few hundred posts a day.

I'm pretty sure the smiles came from the Undertale thread, but if i remember correctly, the blackout period thing was lifted awhile back since people day-1 LPing stuff was more of an issue of quality then anything else, and that's something that sorta self moderates now I think.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxyclean posted:

I'm pretty sure the smiles came from the Undertale thread, but if i remember correctly, the blackout period thing was lifted awhile back since people day-1 LPing stuff was more of an issue of quality then anything else, and that's something that sorta self moderates now I think.

Yeah, it rolled down from six to three months a fair while ago then got dropped altogether for that exact reason - Bad and Youtube-dump LP's don't last long.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Darth TNT posted:

But it is really one of the best emotes we have. Brilliant in its simplicity. :toot: Depending on how you pronounce toot it can even be used sarcastically.

:toot: is one of my favorites, but I like the stare-toot because there are at least 10 active threads in E/N where it would be relevant.

I can't figure out where I picked this one up, or whether it was ever used:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
does anyone have the :glomp: + :barf: varient, that should've been bought.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

IUG posted:

it was removed because people kept rules lawyering whether dlc and re-releases should go through the 3 months period

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ah. That explains it. I haven't watched a LP since Total Biscuit was posting on this site still. (drat his capture card from stopping him from completing Shining Force III!)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If only his exceptionally high IQ score had helped him!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

His cancer is back and he only has 2 or 3 years left to live at most, at this point there is a very good chance that that post will outlive him.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

His cancer is back and he only has 2 or 3 years left to live at most, at this point there is a very good chance that that post will outlive him.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I totally forgot that thread was a thing until now and had to go get a link (needs archives) for those confused.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Kazinsal posted:

I totally forgot that thread was a thing until now and had to go get a link (needs archives) for those confused.

Fortunately for everyone interested in reading some of the most pompous and embarrassing writing ever posted to this forum, you don't even need archives to read it! It's so awful it needs to be shown to the entire world.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Is there a smiley for rolling one's eyes so much that they come back from below, kinda like a slot machine? I think I need one.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Incidently, we don't really have a good "puppet master" smiley.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My point was, someone please finish the entire Shining Force 3 LP.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

Fortunately for everyone interested in reading some of the most pompous and embarrassing writing ever posted to this forum, you don't even need archives to read it! It's so awful it needs to be shown to the entire world.

I forgot the gas chamber doesn't need archives. Everyone can read this terrible, terrible post!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
He has an IQ of 155 but he spent a year making GBS threads blood before thinking that maybe it was a good idea to go to the doctor about it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sleeveless posted:

He has an IQ of 155 but he spent a year making GBS threads blood before thinking that maybe it was a good idea to go to the doctor about it.

I love when adults brag about their IQs since it's a intelligence test that only applies to children, and it's a really basic and narrow idea of intelligence on top of that.
Oh, so you've got an IQ of 155 and you're 31? You have the mental age of a 48 year-old man! :bravo:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
From the thread and game that brought you :shittydog: :shittypop: :petdog: :tem: comes their newest smash hit, :dunkedon:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kazinsal posted:

He had some very good points in this post, though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Paladinus posted:

:yikes:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Seriously, if you read it from start to finish, you could see where he was coming from. Just make sure not to skip a single word.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Paladinus posted:

Seriously, if you read it from start to finish, you could see where he was coming from. Just make sure not to skip a single word.
I would rather french kiss Kim Jong-un on international television.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paladinus posted:

The error was two-fold, right? Now, I'm no big city lawyer, but the main problems seem to be "Long time listener, first time caller" and "My IQ is so high you guys".

Which forum did he post that thread in? It wouldn't have been that off in D&D.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Paladinus posted:

To quote Illidan, "Nope."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Notorious QIG posted:

To quote Illidan, "Nope."

But have you actually read this post in its entirety? You should.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Paladinus posted:

But have you actually read this post in its entirety? You should.

I tried, but was too intimidated by his enormous IQ and knowledge of how to quote Wikipedia

(Seriously yes I have read the whole thing multiple times since I first saw it and it's awful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Archenteron posted:

From the thread and game that brought you :shittydog: :shittypop: :petdog: :tem: comes their newest smash hit, :dunkedon:

i like it