Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Kazinsal posted:

I totally forgot that thread was a thing until now and had to go get a link (needs archives) for those confused.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

I can't believe I read the whole thing again. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

(Seriously yes I have read the whole thing multiple times since I first saw it and it's awful)

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I can't believe I read the whole thing again. :psyduck:

why

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Self-abuse, I'd say

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

nobody deserves being subjected to that post once, let alone multiple times :smith:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

BBJoey posted:

nobody deserves being subjected to that post once, let alone multiple times :smith:

yes but have you actually read this post in its entire-:vomarine:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Their IQ is evidently way below 150.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

No why.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Glorious 5000 years of lecher rene chang

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Does anyone know why :homebrew: is "homebrew"? Seems like there'd be a story behind it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Does anyone know why :homebrew: is "homebrew"? Seems like there'd be a story behind it.

Presumably the cost of home-brew beer a la :retrogames:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I assumed it was also game related, as the indie/homebrew scene has been known to have people throw money at them blindly based on what designers claim their game will be like. (See also: Star Citizen)

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. :smith:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Archenteron posted:

From the thread and game that brought you :shittydog: :shittypop: :petdog: :tem: comes their newest smash hit, :dunkedon:

There is a long and noble tradition of overexcited LPgoers buying narrow-spectrum emotes.

:ocelot:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

There is a long and noble tradition of overexcited LPgoers buying narrow-spectrum emotes.

That's actually one of the handful of them that sees use elsewhere. Try :sterv:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Never forget it's the LP subforum that brings in those dollars SA needs to stay alive.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
None of the Undertale smilies are from the LP thread

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Das Boo posted:

I love when adults brag about their IQs since it's a intelligence test that only applies to children, and it's a really basic and narrow idea of intelligence on top of that.
Oh, so you've got an IQ of 155 and you're 31? You have the mental age of a 48 year-old man! :bravo:
While that was true of the early Binet-Simon test, a precursor of modern IQ tests used to identify low-performing children around the turn of the 20th century, it's not accurate for IQ itself.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
If you vomit out that many words there's bound to be some truth in there. A million monkeys, etc.

That doesn't make it worth reading :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wasn't there a post like that only it was written by a 15 year old? I remember him being like "everyone is dumb. I'm smarter than the world." and getting laughed out of e/n.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That kid's name? Albert Einstein.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Len posted:

Wasn't there a post like that only it was written by a 15 year old? I remember him being like "everyone is dumb. I'm smarter than the world." and getting laughed out of e/n.

I know the one you're talking about. He complained about people his age not being as mature as him because they haven't read Das Kapital as many times as he has, and most of the replies told him to smoke weed. I can't find it though.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Do y'all mean Sir P. Grothsmore's " Everybody is always acting immature...what to do?" (requires archives)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
OP (maybe tempt some of you into upgrading):

quote:

Howdy folks. I'm a 13 year old male living in the United Kingdom. I do not wish to come across as a snob, nor do I think of myself as superior to all of my fellow hoodlums; I can easily see why people would think that after reading this post. My views are egalitarian to say the least.

Here are the beans:

I'm currently achieving the highest and most consistent grades throughout all of my classes (excluding a few of the arts), however I have found that the curriculum is rather limited. Over the years, I have seemed to have found that schools focus on what single piece of information, exam results. We are learning to do well in exams, we are being taught how to do well in exams and honestly - I have had enough! I have recently taken up an interest in political philosophy, particularly the works of Marx, Hegel and Lenin. Believe it or not, I have read Marx's Capital 14 times over the last year. It is fair to say that I have a strong hunger for knowledge.

The above paragraph was just to give you a bit of context. I do not have any issues at all with my personal identity, and character. In fact, I am a person who is extremely confident; both socially and academically. Fortunately (yes, I do not consider being mature a negative trait), I have always been a very mature person. My views are conservative, and I am often in alignment with the older generations. I do not have any love for popular culture, excluding a few minor things such as MMOs (some of you might recognize me from EVE Online). I can't help but feel out of place.

It gets worse. I feel like I am trapped; I am expected to act in a certain way, yet act in another. Nobody my age seems to be capable of critical thinking....
Talking in crazy foreign accents and acting like a complete simpleton seems to be the "hip" thing to do these days. It is absolutely shocking. I honestly think that culture is stagnating in Western society.

It gets worse. My parents are the type of people who believe that if their children aren't doing what everybody else's children are doing, it is wrong/unhealthy/not normal. I'll admit, I spend majority of time my reading, doing research or debating on internet forums online, and when not doing either of those things - I'll be doing volunteer work, or other things which look good on a CV. I do also play golf, and video games (only EVE Online). I'm fit and healthy, and I have no intentions of drinking alcohol until getting permanent employment. My long-term goal is to be in a stable career which offers a clear path of progression; I will do everything in my power to make sure I achieve that goal. It is only hindered by narrow-minded people such as my parents, who arrange for me to go on trips and such in order for me to be "like everybody else". I'm sick of it, and with that said - I am sick of everybody else to. I have began to absolutely loathe modern culture, and all of the people that come with it.

E/N, I am at the end of my tether. What on earth shall I do?

I have plenty of friends, however I only socialize outside of school with a select few of them. I am not an autistic, and despite what some of you might think - I am really having fun doing what I'm doing. Of course, I strive to one day have a wife and possibly even children, however at this moment in time, I am putting all of my resources into to being the best I can be.

Also he apparently tried bugging the poo poo out of goonwaffe to get an invite in EVE.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ugato posted:

Also he apparently tried bugging the poo poo out of goonwaffe to get an invite in EVE.

Yeah, Prencleeve AKA Margaret Thatcher is omnipresent around goonwaffefleetswarm, and for years has been trying to get in. Somehow after being scammed out of tons of in game money (hundreds of bucks, that he paid for by stealing his grandmother's credit card), burning several SA accounts, and just being told in general to gently caress off, he still keeps trying.

He gets in every now and again, but he's just so obvious, obnoxious, and unable to keep himself from bragging about it online that he's been rooted out within a day or two every single time.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Equipment for brewing alcoholic beverages at home is quite spendy as most of it is fairly specialized, especially for the more involved methods for beer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, Prencleeve AKA Margaret Thatcher is omnipresent around goonwaffefleetswarm, and for years has been trying to get in. Somehow after being scammed out of tons of in game money (hundreds of bucks, that he paid for by stealing his grandmother's credit card), burning several SA accounts, and just being told in general to gently caress off, he still keeps trying.

He gets in every now and again, but he's just so obvious, obnoxious, and unable to keep himself from bragging about it online that he's been rooted out within a day or two every single time.

Sounds like a normal goon or maybe a mod :shrug:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ignimbrite posted:

That's the first thread I remember reading on SA, I remember that forkbanger made a lot of kickass ones, I don't remember everdraed being in the thread. I think I still have some kicking around.

also found this lmao

I made that Scott Smago one. I think it was Livestock that used to come in and post :argh: Scott Smago :argh: in his threads.

Also, have a bunch of slick edits. I had a zip that collected most of the ones from that thread, so I put it up on Imgur a while back.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Anyone have a link to the Keira Hall thread?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

:cawg: Just something about that one...

Also why the gently caress is it "cawg"? The gently caress does that even mean

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it's "cackle aloud with glee."

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i always thought it was "crazy rear end white guy"

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
It's cackling aloud with gusto according to the mouseover text.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Flagrant Abuse posted:

It's cackling aloud with gusto according to the mouseover text.
What mouseover text are you looking at? Mine's just "cawg" with :'s and no other text or explanation.

edit: :aaa: Well gently caress me sideways. Mouseover text in the smiley list thing, not in an actual forums post.

How the gently caress did I not already figure this out, I'm the loving OP of a thread about smilies. This leads to so many more questions.... Who is Ant Trap Anthony? "We have eternity to know your flesh"? :psypop:

At least I understand the one for :hist101:.

Friar Zucchini has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Oct 25, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ixjuvin posted:

All of those besides Temmie should have some use outside of Undertale. It's a smilie of a dog, a surprised dog, just pet dogs, and getting Dunked On

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Ixjuvin posted:

You picked, like, the only one that kinda works elsewhere.

:ocelot::smug:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Friar Zucchini posted:

"We have eternity to know your flesh"

That's from Hellraiser 2. :cenobite:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

contrapants posted:

That's from Hellraiser 2. :cenobite:

And works pretty well for an Event Horizon themed smilie, as that movie kinda shamelessly stole a lot of its aesthetic from Hellraiser.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So what's the deal with the Rowdy Trout? Is it just something that looks funny and has a double entendre for a slogan or am I missing something? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lowtax thought it was funny during one of his manic episodes