Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A ninja just totally killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Star Citizen loving sucks!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Berious posted:

whoa

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
star citizen rules

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

Hang on is this true?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Zsinjeh posted:

star citizen rules

Wait what

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Quick someone write a blogpost so I can form my opinion.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Berious posted:

Technically untrue, it has to exist before it can suck.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Berious posted:

Please, be kind

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

Quick someone write a blogpost so I can form my opinion.

Count me in my head is spinning here

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Berious posted:

Are you berious

You can't possibly be berious

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Jimb posted:

Technically untrue, it has to exist before it can suck.

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Berious posted:

I have never seen Star Citizen loving, and I therefore am unable to weigh in concerning the veracity of above statement

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Justin Tyme posted:

It's kinda funny because unlike 15-20 years ago people willfully plaster their personal lives on social media and can't keep it separate from their shitposting anonymous internet lives. Nowadays it's easy as gently caress to connect a name to a face because people somehow both believe in the internet as a social media platform and a platform of total anonymity simultaneously.

It is terrifying, really. There are name search services out there that will link up accounts to forum and usernames, searches indicating hundreds of websites in which that screen name is registered, etc. It is pretty drat easy, and it must be a goldmine for intelligence services. If you had told them twenty years ago that people would provide all the information they would ever need to track them down/exploit them, they would have called you crazy.

Facebook is the worst. I've seriously been considering deleting it for awhile, but its there forever so I just leave all personal details out.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Wait, what if Croberts actually makes the best game of 2016 and we turn out to be true monsters for our negativity and enticing a legal bully to pick on nerds?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Ha Ha, as if.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
lol sike

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

joats posted:

Wait, what if Croberts actually makes the best game of 2016 and we turn out to be true monsters for our negativity and enticing a legal bully to pick on nerds?

These nerds are hardly harmless, from sending dick pics to harassing others to protect their cult beliefs. They could use a bit of a legal reaming IMO.

joats posted:

Ha Ha, as if.

grrr

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I have never seen Star Citizen loving, and I therefore am unable to weigh in concerning the veracity of above statement
Have you not seen Wulf try to seduce that girl? It's basically the same thing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Incombibulator posted:

What can't you do Pete?

Sorry about the cat btw.

I cannot do some things, no worries with the cat, it wasn't mine, you got the wrong cat my friend

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

joats posted:

Then goons would still be all over that poo poo and troll reddit in game as always.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

I still believe in Star Citizen

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

thatguy posted:

Have you not seen Wulf try to seduce that girl? It's basically the same thing.

You put the penis JPEG in the vagina JPEG

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

hosed up if true

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

pftc posted:

You put the penis JPEG in the vagina JPEG
You put the penis JPEG in the penis JPEG pretending to be a vagina JPEG.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Citizen is not

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

Star Citizen is not

You sure?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Is it out yet?

is what DickWulf's wife asked him last night

...she meant the game you sick pervs

e: because he can't get hard no matter how many jpegs he tapes to her forehead

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to see people have no idea what the law is?

BoredDellTechnician who actually set up the derek subreddit posted:

quote:

We have made a point to remove direct links to court dockets, erring on the side of caution. What would be acceptable to post is a direct link to a public records search engine. It would be up to the user to enter the name information into the search engine.

This is a great example of a thing many people get wrong. A judge is thinking about intentions, way more than actions. You could orchestrate any number of crimes by splitting it up into legal sections, so the judge cares about why you did it and what your goals are (aka, 'destroy him'), especially with poo poo like harassment.

And so many of these idiots are saying poo poo like, 'that won't hold up', like a tv show cop. In America everyone charged with a criminal case just gets advised by their defender to take a plea bargain, plead guilty, even when they aren't, for anything up to murder. That's because it's so expensive and so risky that its better to avoid the hassle. And that means you get to stay in a privatised rape zone where 30% of people going in come out with AIDS. Over whatever merely civil charges Derek wants to file, any lawyer would tell them to fold yesterday. They would say something like, "you did what, over what?"

These people are the type of idiots who believe they could just defend themselves in court because they know computers and have watched Law and Order, how hard can it be.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

chaosbreather posted:

This is a great example of a thing many people get wrong. A judge is thinking about intentions, way more than actions. You could orchestrate any number of crimes by splitting it up into legal sections, so the judge cares about why you did it and what your goals are (aka, 'destroy him'), especially with poo poo like harassment.

And so many of these idiots are saying poo poo like, 'that won't hold up', like a tv show cop. In America everyone charged with a criminal case just gets advised by their defender to take a plea bargain, plead guilty, even when they aren't, for anything up to murder. That's because it's so expensive and so risky that its better to avoid the hassle. And that means you get to stay in a privatised rape zone where 30% of people going in come out with AIDS. Over whatever merely civil charges Derek wants to file, any lawyer would tell them to fold yesterday. They would say something like, "you did what, over what?"

These people are the type of idiots who believe they could just defend themselves in court because they know computers and have watched Law and Order, how hard can it be.

But but they will crowdfund Dollwhack's defense fund!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

chaosbreather posted:

And that means you get to stay in a privatised rape zone where 30% of people going in come out with AIDS.
lol

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

chaosbreather posted:

So basically, this will happen is what you're saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATX1RxUX0y0

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The american legal system is extremely hosed up

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

chaosbreather posted:

And that means you get to stay in a privatised rape zone where 30% of people going in come out with AIDS.

So... like Gary, IN?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Truecon420 posted:

Pretty sure that Dolvak is just 18. Which makes him pretty much a kid.
These Internet fights got way less interesting to me when I realized most of the people doing the retarded poo poo are most likely just too young for their own good.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

CrazyLoon posted:

So basically, this will happen is what you're saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATX1RxUX0y0

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
As someone who knows 10 people who have been to jail I'm pretty sure 3 of them do not have AIDS. Although I could be wrong.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truecon420 posted:

That's great for him, his credit will probably recover from the bankruptcy by the time he's 30. Lawyers ain't cheap and I don't see how he's gonna pay for them for any amount of time. I'm imagining INN isn't bringing in Fox News money.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its crazy how many people have no idea how courts work even on a basic level. a judge wants to find out if you're guilty. there are no magic words or rituals that make you not guilty, that poo poo is freeman-on-the-land tier poo poo. and courts are the last recourse. for every one thing that goes to court there's thousands of things that get quietly settled because that's the cheapest and best for everyone. they're like, wikipedia-ing a defence that will never be needed because if he doesn't cave he'll have to get a lawyer, who knows the law and will ask him why he hosed himself so bad over a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Truecon420 posted:

No, he's not. He's older. We have his digits. No way he gets to hide behind that veil.

• Locked thread