Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Distancing on CPig. He has to know this vote will go nowhere, and he even calls out that he'll vote for Ecco later on. This vote has no purpose other than to distance from his scum buddy.

If there's four scum, it's Little Mac, wins, bowmore, and Beet. There's your game, Keane. You're welcome.

If three scum, I don't know I guess. Keane, how many scum are there?

Merk I bet you 100 dollars that wins isn't scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not going to look back at Ecco.

What's wrong with the wins vote?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd buy bowmore/beet pretty hard though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I might be wrong about 100yrs after all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I'm not going to look back at Ecco.

What's wrong with the wins vote?

100 dollars Merk, I'm that confident.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh ok. ##vote bowmore

That messes up the LM read too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe various powers were mixed and matched between threads.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyone remember that time MMM cased a dead player as scum?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Merk is here to win the game and also destroy his cred as "smart mafia man"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we respond to the case on the alive people?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Can we respond to the case on the alive people?

Why won't you answer Rarity and look back at your Ecco case and see where you might have gone wrong?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also merk, why did you buff Verr in both fights?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I wouldn't take this for granted. There were enough votes on Ecco from people who are all-but confirmed town and even our king so we know it was possible to read her as scum.

I don't like this post because it clips my full quote and doesn't address the fact that I go on to say that it's more likely that there is probably at least one scum off the Ecco vote:

Here is my actual full quote:

TMMadman posted:

I think bowmore is probably scum. He has completely avoided making any hard calls and basically just cheerleads on the ecco train.

Actually, I'm wondering if maybe we forced scum to put all their votes on Ecco yesterday in order to make a lynch happen. I mean I probably would have hammered her to avoid a no lynch, but it would have been at the very last minute because I had a lot of doubts about Ecco being scum.

Votes on Ecco: bowmore, merk, Ecco (town), Asiina (town?), Verr, Keane (town), Tomm, LMac
Votes not on Ecco: Rarity, FoxT (town), me (town),
Didn't vote: ANarc, Beet, KB (town?), wins (town)

I put the ? to indicate that those town players are unproven town, but I see no reason not to believe the claims from them at this point. So I think maybe we should concentrate on two groupings of people - bowmore/merk/Verr/Tomm, LMac and Rarity/ANarc/Beet. It might be more likely that 1 in that group of 5 and 3 other scum are in the group of 5.

The bolded part is the only line that Rarity quoted.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although looking at the last line of that quote, I did screw it up: It should read as - So I think maybe we should concentrate on two groupings of people - bowmore/merk/Verr/Tomm/LMac and Rarity/ANarc/Beet. It might be more likely that 1 scum in the group of 3 and 3 other scum are in the group of 5.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Although looking at the last line of that quote, I did screw it up: It should read as - So I think maybe we should concentrate on two groupings of people - bowmore/merk/Verr/Tomm/LMac and Rarity/ANarc/Beet. It might be more likely that 1 scum in the group of 3 and 3 other scum are in the group of 5.

You seem pretty confident that there are four scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Well it's an assumption based on the game starting with 18 players. I mean I guess it could be just three scum, but I think 4 scum would be more likely given the starting numbers. I operate under the belief that games of 16+ usually have 4 bad guys.

Although I've never played a soldiers game, so maybe it is a smaller scum team to balance out the night battles.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Why won't you answer Rarity and look back at your Ecco case and see where you might have gone wrong?

What is the point in doing that? I'm not going to waste my time evaluating how I went wrong in a case. I might do it after the game so I don't make the same mistake again, but it's not going to help us find scum in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Don't you know the number of scum? It would be helpful to know.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Also merk, why did you buff Verr in both fights?

I buffed lines in fights and Verr happened to be in both lines. I didn't seek out buffing Verr, but it happened that way.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Are we actually sure that the other thread has a Cop? Why would the scum ignore the Cop here for two nights?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

I was injured on N1 (but not last night) so I think there must have been one scum at camp N1.

Oh, you were hit on n1. If the scum have an actual kill, I don't how you're still alive. If they can only wound, then that makes sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But we've had night kills in each thread. I think the scum probably have at least a kill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

What is the point in doing that? I'm not going to waste my time evaluating how I went wrong in a case. I might do it after the game so I don't make the same mistake again, but it's not going to help us find scum in this game.

Because right now I can't trust your judgement or your direction. You did nothing but tunnel on Ecco for two straight days and refused to even consider the possibility that she might be town. So if you aren't willing to go back and look at where you might have gone wrong with Ecco then why should we even consider anything you say since you could just as easily be making the same mistake.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Don't you know the number of scum? It would be helpful to know.

What would you say if I said that I did not?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

What would you say if I said that I did not?

That'd be the opposite of every soldiers game I've ever seen.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Because right now I can't trust your judgement or your direction. You did nothing but tunnel on Ecco for two straight days and refused to even consider the possibility that she might be town. So if you aren't willing to go back and look at where you might have gone wrong with Ecco then why should we even consider anything you say since you could just as easily be making the same mistake.

No player ever goes back like you're asking me here.

WHERE IS YOUR CASE WORK

You have done nothing other than complain. Please case someone yourself instead of asking unreasonable things of others.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

merk, you said you buffed me, but is there any way your ability might have affected others?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Bowmore definitely looks like scum to me. He has had nothing but fluff posts and has been flying under the radar the whole game. I can't even quote anything of his because it's all so useless. No content at all. Also he wasn't fighting N1 so could have wounded Asiina at camp.

I'm also pretty suspicious of merk. He spent all of the first two days tunneling Ecco, and by keeping the thread talking about him, it prevented us from really looking at anyone else. Even day 1 was all about Ecco and the people who got lynched were just unlucky enough to be named in the 11th hour. Now that Ecco's flipped, merk is just like OOPS. Come on. He distracted the thread for 2 days while 3 town got lynched.

I'd vote either of these guys today.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not scum, I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I've been sick and the game just seemed like effort.

I defend jumping on the ecco lynch, she was just being really snippy and defensive and it felt like scum that was trapped wifom.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Verr posted:

merk, you said you buffed me, but is there any way your ability might have affected others?

It impacted the whole row both times.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

neat thanks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey friends I broke my wrist, going to spend the rest of the game one-handed. My words might suffer but I assure you my mind is still just fine

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rarity posted:

Hey friends I broke my wrist, going to spend the rest of the game one-handed. My words might suffer but I assure you my mind is still just fine

Oh no I hope you're ok!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

bowmore (2): Rarity, merk, merk, merk
Verr (1): Asiina

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, King Burgundy, Little Mac, TMMadman, Tommunist, Verr

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Day 3 is Double Plurality!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Bah. Ive been playing this entire game one handed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:ghost:

CCKeane posted:

Bah. Ive been playing this entire game one handed.

gross

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Bummer. Get well soon.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

Achaean Thread :helladid:

This thread is ruled by King Agamemnon - CCKeane :hist101:

1. Asiina
  2. Beetphyxious
  3. bowmore
  4. CapitalistPig wins32767
  5. EccoRaven
  6. FoxTerrier
  7. King Burgundy
  8. Little Mac
  9. merk
  10. Opopanax
  11. Rarity
  12. TheNabster Tommunist
  13. TMMadman
  14. Verr

The fallen heroes:
  1. Mithross, Odysseus, Achaean (town) aligned Achaean Commander was hanged Day1
  2. HiipFire, Ajax the Greater, Achaean (town) aligned Son of Telamon was hanged Day1
  3. GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE,Diomedes, Achaean (town) aligned Champion of Athena was slain in glorious battle Night1

Alright, so this was an initial list, but we lost wins and FoxTerrier.

I want everybody to also pick who they think is the most town, I am aiming to throw the battle tonight and hopefully off a few more scum that way.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina and KB for most town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Asiina and KB for most town.

How helpful.