Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Vitamins posted:

if you ride a bike you become a cyclist though which is like admitting you have every STD ever publicly

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

I was with a Jags fan so it was a really fun day. We tried making up some chants like "Here's to you Allen Robinson" but they didn't really catch on

"Shoes off if you're Mrs Rex" was my favourite but not many people got it

did you have the microwaved pie, the dessicated chicken, or the upsetting hot dog?

i cringed when they had the Chelsea pensioner stand on a giant poppy to pin a poppy on some guy while the announcer used his announcer voice to tell the old dude's life story. then they broadcast poppies on the screen, and a guy rang the poppy bell, and then poppies, and more poppies

even the loving cheerleaders wore poppiea

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

did you have the microwaved pie, the dessicated chicken, or the upsetting hot dog?

i cringed when they had the Chelsea pensioner stand on a giant poppy to pin a poppy on some guy while the announcer used his announcer voice to tell the old dude's life story. then they broadcast poppies on the screen, and a guy rang the poppy bell, and then poppies, and more poppies

even the loving cheerleaders wore poppiea

I didn't eat there, I was still feeling the after effects of the gigantic plate of ribs I had the previous day so just stuck to £5 pints of warm carlsberg

I know what you're saying but if you attend a massive American cultural export you should expect excessive military worship tbh

Blake Bortles is a weird name

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

since 3 in the morning a bird has decided today is the day to start chipping away at our roof

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

since 3 in the morning a bird has decided today is the day to start chipping away at our roof

Looks like the prayer I made worked

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I'm not that fat but still a little fat but I have huge thighs which makes buying pants upsetting

hi ;-*

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

this is the worst

especially when you get doves doing it and they just sit there hooting all night

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Sausages in Edinburgh this week

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a canary, you know nothing about noisy birds.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I have a canary, you know nothing about noisy birds.

You know you can buy electric detectors for gas leaks now adays? :v:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pedricko posted:

Sausages in Edinburgh this week
how are you dealing with saussiegate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11950018/Bacon-ham-and-sausages-as-big-a-cancer-threat-as-smoking-WHO-to-warn.html

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Why did they have to use that picture? I could really go for some red meat right about now...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Woah, next one of these elvis remix songs is out and, and this is no joke, it's elvis + the Royal philharmonic orchestra doing burning love and it's one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

quote:

Hamburgers count as red meat

Ah thank you The Telegraph. I wasn't sure what category beef fell into when combined with bread, lettuce and condiments.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Fluo posted:

You know you can buy electric detectors for gas leaks now adays? :v:

lol

canarys are cute :3:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Cadburys are bringing back either the Fuse or the Marble for Halloween. Hope everyones voting Fuse.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i refuse to be part of this kraft project to enforce an illusion of democracy also i dont remember either of those

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

I'm doing gently caress all till they bring back Taz.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Marbles were the most underwhelming chocolate bar

What they really need to bring back is milkybar choos

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
not a big fan of Cadburys tbh

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

You sir, are a genius

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
if im gonna have poo poo chocolate id rather have hersheys

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

UncleBlazer posted:

I'm doing gently caress all till they bring back Taz.

oh my god taz ruled :rip:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

corn in the fridge posted:

Piss off corn man with your american shite

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

corn in the fridge posted:

technically it's vomit chocolate

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Marbles were the most underwhelming chocolate bar

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I am bourgie as gently caress when it comes to chocolate so I like the green & blacks chocolate with sea salt

I also enjoy Tyrrels crisps.

First against the wall, etc.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

give me revels or give me death

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

chocolate oranges

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Phoon posted:

chocolate oranges

i like the middle bit - the 'core', if you will - of a chocolate orange.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
The dairy milk with shortbread they used to make was dank.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621
"It has now placed processed meat in the same category as plutonium, but also alcohol as they definitely do cause cancer."

Before some in-line editor jumped on this, the list also included salted fish, arsenic and diesel exhaust. Still, I'd better get rid of the plutonium from my diet.

Also beer and plutonium: just as dangerous at causing cancer

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

simplefish posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621
"It has now placed processed meat in the same category as plutonium, but also alcohol as they definitely do cause cancer."

Before some in-line editor jumped on this, the list also included salted fish, arsenic and diesel exhaust. Still, I'd better get rid of the plutonium from my diet.

Also beer and plutonium: just as dangerous at causing cancer

Pedricko has a lot to answer for.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i wish they would define processed better, if i made sausages at home would they still count??

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Phoon posted:

i wish they would define processed better, if i made sausages at home would they still count??

it's like 'chemical' and 'organic' wrt food: it doesn't really mean anything but stupid fuckers will pay extra for organic, chemical-free unprocessed stuff.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

lol if you think organic means it has no chemicals*

in fact it has more. GM has fewer because they can gene in the resilience and rely less on chemical fertilisers and pesticides

*yes I can be pedantic about "chemical" as a term too, but why go for the low hanging fruit when there's so much more juicy stuff?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
chemicals are your friends

well not all the chemicals but some

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol if you buy anything that says 'organic' on it for any reason other than liking the taste

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Phoon posted:

quote:

Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation.

So... maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

smoking meat owns

smoking makes everything cooler, whether it's people or sausage meat.