Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Senf posted:

gently caress Matt Walsh.

Also there's :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:: according to the local Sheriff, there's a third video that shows the student striking the officer. This very clearly makes the officer's reaction okay and people can stop talking about it and stuff :colbert:

Before or after he starts ripping her out of the desk so hard the desk gets tossed around with her? Does it matter if the police investigators can say, "she struck him, all is okay" even if it's blatantly ex posteriorum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i get them mixed up because everyone involved in GG/AGG circlejerk fiasco/endless cyber crusade is kinda of a lovely person one one level or another.

Speaking out and criticizing mysogynists who routinely harass women for the crime of playing and enjoying video games doesn't make someone a lovely person.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like all the headlines of "officer drags student across floor" are downplaying it. He flipped her in the goddamn air while she was still seated, landed her on her head, and then dragged her across the floor.

Just going to repost this for the sane people that don't read the police thread:

Dum Cumpster posted:

He's got good form at least :shobon:

Phone posted:

Um, you see, she was slumped over in the barbell position and his instincts kicked in and he had no other option than to deadlift her out of her desk (and throw her across the room).

Dum Cumpster posted:

Classic case of muscle memory.

FAUXTON posted:

That's what happens when you use your muscles for memory instead of your brain.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yuck

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/10/27/fox-news-turns-to-a-panel-of-men-to-debate-whet/206439

quote:

On Tuesday, Fox and Friends’ Steve Doocy invited a “panel of fathers” onto the program to discuss whether they would allow their daughters to leave the house in leggings. The newsworthy discussion was based on a newly viral video of a Tennessean woman chastising women for wearing too-sheer pants in leggings weather, which she happens to love.

The panel consisted of Duck Dynasty’s Willie Robertson, Fox legal analyst Arthur Aidala, and husband to Fox’s Julie Banderas, Andrew Sansone.

Robertson has no problem with leggings, because his daughters wear shirts long enough to cover the “lady parts.”
Aidala has a rule in his household: “If it’s not worn in the monastery, it’s not worn out on the street.”
Sansone has babies, and feels it is appropriate and “cute” for babies to wear leggings.

Then, they brought out three women wearing leggings and analyzed their outfits and whether or not they thought them too crude.

“The guys are looking at Caitlin now,” Doocy said.

“Well, actually I’m not looking,” joked Aidala.

“Do you have a tattoo? Or is that too personal,” Doocy asked before promising, “We’ll validate your parking.”

Then, they brought out a woman named Paige in a tank top and spandex. “Woof,” said Aidala before shriek laughing. “Pass.”

“We all took our nitroglycerin pills before she came on the set, just to make sure,” Aidala joked. “Obviously her physique, God bless you, you’ve worked out, you’ve earned that. And there are appropriate places to wear that but I wouldn’t wear that to church on Sunday.”

“But you’re completely comfortable in this?” Doocy asked Paige.

“I am.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 27, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gross. why do all the weird prudes sound like they want to gently caress everything they see.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gross. why do all the weird prudes sound like they want to gently caress everything they see.

Why else do you think they are prudes?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Leggings are more covering than the controversial pants Mary Tyler Moore wore and only a little more tight holy poo poo you old fuckers.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Leggings are more covering than the controversial pants Mary Tyler Moore wore and only a little more tight holy poo poo you old fuckers.

I googled "Mary Tyler Moore controversial pants".

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Speaking out and criticizing mysogynists who routinely harass women for the crime of playing and enjoying video games doesn't make someone a lovely person.
No you don't understand. The truth is somewhere in the middle. It is always somewhere in the middle. Therefore ironic detachment is the only proper response to anything that happens. Apathy, cynicism and deliberate ignorance make you cool.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gravel Gravy posted:

I googled "Mary Tyler Moore controversial pants".

So did I. God dammit 1950s.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i'd say for a non video game related event like sxsw, yes it is.

Sxsw has a pretty heavy tech and vg presence. And they reportedly encouraged one of the cancelled panels to be more explicitly about videogames so they wouldn't cross over with the more general online harassment one with the Watson lady so it's not like they didn't want this in the first place.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress it

Both buzzfeed and vox are threatening to pull out of SXSW because the festival shut down panels due to gamergate terrorism. One of the panel speakers also accused sxsw of coddling the gg people in order to create controversy and breaking the panel selection rules to let a gg panel in extremely late with no public comment period.
Congresswoman chiming in here too

Hulk Krogan posted:

According to Arthur Chu, the GG panel was set up late once they found out about the harassment panel, and evidently SXSW approved it even though they applied late and even though SXSW people had already assured Chu and others that their panel wouldn't be considered.

The whole thing is pretty fishy. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/27/this-is-not-a-game-how-sxsw-turned-gamergate-abuse-into-a-spectator-sport.html
The behind the scenes drama of how this particularly bad sausage got made is actually pretty enlightening in this case.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i get them mixed up because everyone involved in GG/AGG circlejerk fiasco/endless cyber crusade is kinda of a lovely person one one level or another.
This is a pretty good example SXSW's lazy attitude of equating harassers with victims that got them into this mess.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cardboard Box A posted:

Congresswoman chiming in here too

The behind the scenes drama of how this particularly bad sausage got made is actually pretty enlightening in this case.

This is a pretty good example SXSW's lazy attitude of equating harassers with victims that got them into this mess.

That's a really good letter.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cardboard Box A posted:

One side literally calls in death threats to people they don't like. The other side complains about the death threats they get.

Truth is in the middle really.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Matt Walsh has responded to the cop throwing the school girl and he defends the girl..just kidding he is all about the cop

Blacks just need to behave

Would like to know his thoughts on that Cliven Bundy fellar.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
A goon summed up the GG argument pretty well.

"I believe women are people and death threats against them are wrong."

If you believe these two things the GG looks like white nerds freaking the gently caress out over the perceived loss of privilege.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

If you believe these two things the GG looks like white nerds freaking the gently caress out over the perceived loss of privilege.

Add "should be able to hold a job despite disagreeing with me" to the list.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw some people speculating that Obama could be appointed to the Supreme Court by President Hillary. Oh wouldn't that just make RWM and its devoted thralls blood boil.

Thing it, its not unheard of, Taft though being Chief Justice was a much more important and prestigious position than President.

Klaus88 posted:

I've used this and gotten "But that's not what GG is about, the SJW exaggerate the crazies to attack video games!" And now I don't talk about it with certain people I know.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 28, 2015

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

twistedmentat posted:

I saw some people speculating that Obama could be appointed to the Supreme Court by President Hillary. Oh wouldn't that just make RWM and its devoted thralls blood boil.

Thing it, its not unheard of, Taft though being Chief Justice was a much more important and prestigious position than President.

The problem being that Obama's family have been consistent and loud about hating living in DC, hilarious and probably effective Justice Obama would be.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

I've used this and gotten "But that's not what GG is about, the SJW exaggerate the crazies to attack video games!" And now I don't talk about it with certain people I know.

I may be misremembering, but I swear I've seen GGers vociferously deny that corporate influence on game reviews is a thing that happens. Which is, you know, an issue that actually involves 'ethics in games journalism'.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I've seen that, too, but I'm pretty sure there's no way he'd actually want the position. That'd be one hell of a troll, though.

Cythereal posted:

The problem being that Obama's family have been consistent and loud about hating living in DC, hilarious and probably effective Justice Obama would be.

Too much time in the Star Wars thread, man.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seems weird that a group which claims to only care about ethics in games is preoccupied with "the wage gap lie."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Senf posted:

Too much time in the Star Wars thread, man.

What Star Wars thread? I realized I mistyped and forgot to put in "effective as Justice Obama would be."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of GG

Breitbart now has a new site Breitbart Tech

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's missing "Rape culture myth" or whatever it's called.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Speaking of GG

The Gaytriarchy.

Okay then.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where's the love?

:(

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

There is something very weird about watching new formulas of bigotry and evil be concocted right before your eyes and then having people actively embrace it at that.

People are going to look back on this point in history as some sort of weird virtual thunderdome.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Cythereal posted:

What Star Wars thread? I realized I mistyped and forgot to put in "effective as Justice Obama would be."

Eh, I thought part of your sentence read kinda like Yoda but it was a dumb attempt at a joke so :shrug:

Back on an actual topic of sorts, though: Justice Obama. Is that at all a possibility? I mean, it could be a little while until a nomination were to occur, so I guess he could still rack up some speaking fees and whatnot before then, but I just don't see it happening. The frenzy it would cause, though :allears:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RuanGacho posted:

There is something very weird about watching new formulas of bigotry and evil be concocted right before your eyes and then having people actively embrace it at that.

People are going to look back on this point in history as some sort of weird virtual thunderdome.

It's really frustrating to watch how easy hate speech can be made "reasonable" if the person pushing it just acts disingenuous enough. Like gamergate is very open with the fact it's a hate movement against women but if you say it's about video-game journalism ethics (which is an absurd thing to care about) then you get news organizations that are apparently unable to call it what it is. True "political correctness" is that in order to report on something that makes white males feel bad something really big and violent has to happen.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

Honestly, I have trouble seeing this ending without the destruction of online anonymity.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 192 days!

Speaking of GG

That gaytriarchy illuminati symbol would be a slick avatar.

e: Don "Quixote" Trump. AGC.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 28, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Elephant Ambush posted:

We don't really have that in America. Here it's pretty much all for teen and twenty-something boys

i think you'll find that dc's primary target audience is 40 year old men

but yes the reason marvel and image are doing so well compared to dc is because *gasp* they have good writers doing books that aren't just for/about old white guys

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Isn't Fabulousness a gay thing? Why does the anti-SJW dude have that shield? Why is the far right so bad at political cartoons?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Isn't Fabulousness a gay thing? Why does the anti-SJW dude have that shield? Why is the far right so bad at political cartoons?

It's supposed to be Milo Yannowhateverthefuck, who is gay and thinks this somehow shields him from criticism for his lovely regressive views.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Epic High Five posted:

Milo Yiannopoulos is gay.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

But not one of those bad gays who believes in civil rights, one of the good ones who will let you pay him to write an article about how it's totally cool to fire, evict, discriminate against, and harass gay people if you want to.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
There are a ton of people in gee bee ess that would unironically like that comic

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

He is a self hating gay

The worst kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Klaus88 posted:

gamergate is the same thing punk rock's been doing since 1976: fighting valiantly to keep people out of the treehouse because when you define yourself by your outsider status other people joining in makes you lose it

it never works, people just make more dope treehouses and leave the weirdos who don't want to share in some bullshit garbage one made of cardboard and racism