Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So what's the point of mentioning Iron Heights can now hold meta-humans if they don't actually turn meta-human criminals over to the police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

lotus circle posted:

So what's the point of mentioning Iron Heights can now hold meta-humans if they don't actually turn meta-human criminals over to the police?

I think the reasoning here was that this guy knows about the team and Firestorm's identity because Caitlin told him. So they're going to keep him there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
EPISODE REDEEMED BY MAN SHARK HOLY poo poo

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Oh my god they actually did it

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
THE loving SHARK GUY IS REAL?!

Oh and 'sup Earth-2 Wells.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:lol:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Man-Shark.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
MAN SHARK was good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

PUT YOUR FINS IN THE AIR

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nanaue-Wells double whammy for best ending in the series, holy poo poo I'm still laughing

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Holy poo poo, MAN SHARK caught me completely off guard. I'm still laughing. gently caress.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
KING SHARK HOLY gently caress

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I was literally typing a reply about the episode being underwhelming and hoping the stinger redeemed it when shark hand out of loving nowhere

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Street Sharks crossover, let's do this.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
Last 2 minutes were the best thing. Also, yay for Earth 2 Wells murdering just as well as Earth 1 Wells.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Guy A. Person posted:

I was literally typing a reply about the episode being underwhelming and hoping the stinger redeemed it when shark hand out of loving nowhere

Next episode looks legit rad though, based on the preview.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah that last minute was hilariously the best part of the episode.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

KING SHARK!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The Flash S2: "PUT YOUR HANDS...FINS IN THE AIR!"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Something great happened to television tonight with the presence of that shark

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

King motherfucking Shark, yo.

KING.

MOTHERFUCKING.

SHARK.

I love this show :allears:

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This week's Flash, the.motherfucking.shark. jumps you

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
King Shark, first offhand mention of Wally, the unmasking of Harrison Wells 2, Electric Boogaloo, a realistic and well-handled bio-parent arc...

...And a pretty forgettable A-plot with pretty forgettable acting. Man this show runs hot and cold all at the same time.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think the issue of the A-plot is that we've known for a long time now that Robbie Amell wasn't coming back to the show and guessed he was going to die in the singularity. Then before s2 premiered it was revealed for certain that Jax was going to replace him in the Firestorm duo. CW's press team really did not do a good job keeping these two facts hidden and because of that the plot surrounding it felt underwhelming. It was just a matter of waiting for it to happen.

And it also sucks that they immediately flew off to Pittsburgh because now we've lost Martin Stein and we probably won't get him back until we're closer to Legends of Tomorrow airing and the shows needing to assemble the team for it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Party Plane Jones posted:

PUT YOUR FINS IN THE AIR

from the worst flash episode ever to the best ever in one line

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lotus circle posted:

I think the issue of the A-plot is that we've known for a long time now that Robbie Amell wasn't coming back to the show and guessed he was going to die in the singularity. Then before s2 premiered it was revealed for certain that Jax was going to replace him in the Firestorm duo. CW's press team really did not do a good job keeping these two facts hidden and because of that the plot surrounding it felt underwhelming. It was just a matter of waiting for it to happen.

And it also sucks that they immediately flew off to Pittsburgh because now we've lost Martin Stein and we probably won't get him back until we're closer to Legends of Tomorrow airing and the shows needing to assemble the team for it.

Robbie says he isn't done with the show yet.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Holy poo poo King Shark out of freaking nowhere. That was amazing. He also looked really good, am I crazy?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BlackJosh posted:

Holy poo poo King Shark out of freaking nowhere. That was amazing. He also looked really good, am I crazy?

nah he looked good. bring back king shark

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lotus circle posted:

I don't recall ever hearing that Robbie Amell was done with the show.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

BlackJosh posted:

He looked jawesome!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this? posted:

Robbie says he isn't done with the show yet.

Scyantific posted:

I don't recall ever hearing that Robbie Amell was done with the show.

My point is that he left to do movie acting and the X-Files and we heard this was happening since before s1 ended. It made it obvious the route things were going to go, thus leading to an episode that was just chugging through the inevitable.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

BlackJosh posted:

They probably couldn't afford to have him on screen looking like that for more than the one minute they had. Plus he's going to be in the Suicide Squad movie so he would've been embargoed eventually anyways like half of the villains on Arrow.

Hopefully DC loosens up on their stupid worries about having characters in multiple medias at once or else I can't imagine the Flash show surviving once they want to start promoting the film.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Dacap posted:

They probably couldn't afford to have him on screen looking like that for more than the one minute they had. Plus he's going to be in the Suicide Squad movie so he would've been embargoed eventually anyways like half of the villains on Arrow.

Hopefully DC loosens up on their stupid worries about having characters in multiple medias at once or else I can't imagine the Flash show surviving once they want to start promoting the film.

...are you talking about the live action movie and confusing King Shark with Killer Croc? Or referring to the animated Attack on Arkham movie that came out awhile ago?

VBane fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 28, 2015

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

VBane posted:

...are you talking about the live action movie and confusing King Shark with Killer Croc? Or referring to the animated Attack on Arkham movie that came out awhile ago?

King shark is supposed to have a small cameo in the movie aside from Killer Croc who is in the main cast. I believe Raymond Olubowale is playing him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I don't know anything about King Shark, but holy poo poo am I down for King Shark. That was incredible.

He looked great, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How does King Shark look so good and Atom Smasher look so bad.

Also Cisco's gonna be so sad about missing naming King Shark.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
They admitted that they blew their remaining budget for this episode on just that single cameo.

ShawnPfeiffer
Aug 22, 2008
I NEED Grodd vs King Shark, and I never knew I needed it until tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

They admitted that they blew their remaining budget for this episode on just that single cameo.

Money well spent.

• Locked thread