Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The theatrical release will do the bad ending, but the true ending will be featured on the $150 blu-ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Vengarr posted:

As much as I liked it, I dunno why you would want to play through P3 FES twice unless you missed some social links. Even then, I would just as soon look them up in the LP archive. If you ignored them on a first playthrough, they probably weren't that good.

I missed some links that I assumed did not exist even though I apparently did the stuff required to access them, rather than intentionally ignoring them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new character trailer for FE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj1eia-3U2k

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm playing Devil Survivor and Atsuro's a pretty cool dude....
When does he turn on his Law/Chaos switch and turn into a dick?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Atsuro remains a cool dude

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Golden Goat posted:

I'm playing Devil Survivor and Atsuro's a pretty cool dude....
When does he turn on his Law/Chaos switch and turn into a dick?

In Devil Survivor cool dudes remain cool dudes and assholes remain assholes.

Edit: except for that one dude.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 30, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just so I don't get spoiled i'm only on day four.
Keisuke seems alright and then just went full LAW:black101: and wanted to kill everybody.

Thank god Atsuro's going to stay cool.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Keisuke did nothing wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that GameXplain is still in denial about this really not being SMTxFire Emblem anymore. That, or that's the more clickbaity title.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The hell? Why is a character that was shown in first trailer just getting a trailer now?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
SMTxFE is almost certainly better for SEO than #FE.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Golden Goat posted:

Keisuke seems alright and then just went full LAW:black101: and wanted to kill everybody.
I dunno, this guy sounds pretty cool to me.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Radish posted:

Keisuke did nothing wrong.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They can stop showing character trailers cause Barry Goodman already sold me on the game.

Survivor chat: Great now all the police have went nuts. When does Midori go crazy?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

They can stop showing character trailers cause Barry Goodman already sold me on the game.

Survivor chat: Great now all the police have went nuts. When does Midori go crazy?

The character you mentioned is the only one who really changes all that much.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hellioning posted:

The character you mentioned is the only one who really changes all that much.

Nonsense there's gotta be more normal people losing it in this game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The_Frag_Man posted:

Atsuro remains a cool dude
Atsuro is great because no matter what you do, he will follow you to the ends of the earth.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

I'm pretty sure Midori starts out crazy though?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Midori is unique in megaten because she starts out crazy and gets less crazy

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Even at her worse though, Midori never reaches classic megaten crazy

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Butt Ghost posted:

Atsuro is great because no matter what you do, he will follow you to the ends of the earth.

Sam Faust posted:

I'm pretty sure Midori starts out crazy though?

Good avatar combo.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

Even at her worse though, Midori never reaches classic megaten crazy

I like Midori. She's a prime example of one of the problems that Devil Survivor throws down on the player. She's also dumb in a likable way.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I actually really liked her. Unrestrained idealism is one of the less obvious or easy ways to go about facing a demon apocalypse. I don't think she even once gets any respect from NPCs, every time she appears to help them is just used to pound in that maybe you shouldn't be throwing demons around people who are deathly afraid of them. There are some NPCs who are afraid of the main ensemble and just want to get out, but I don't think anyone tries to lynch the protagonist for associating with demons like they wanted with Midori.

It may have helped that I played the DS version without voices.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Aithon posted:

It may have helped that I played the DS version without voices.

nah. midori's voice acting is top-notch.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

nah. midori's voice acting is top-notch.

Yeah, i never liked her much in the original version, but her voice worked so perfectly that i ended up liking her in Overclocked

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I'm liking SMT4 so far (I'm liking it a lot, actually), I'm only in Ueno, and I know that the real Heavy Decisions probably haven't even woken up to start their morning routine, but I'm giggling to myself a little that the most difficult decision I've had to make so far is which elemental ammo to buy on my limited budget.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So, I'm playing through Nocturne for the first time.
I just killed Matador and entered what seems like an optional dungeon where I was told that if I want to be human, I might not want to be here. I've heard that those games have multiple paths (or something along the lines?), and this game is really loving hard, so this worries me. I don't really care if there's multiple endings, but are there significant story changes and blatantly wrong paths? I really don't want to come across some Square bullshit of "you didn't pick up an invisible item, so gently caress you, here's the ending where you die halfway through the game"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Midori's pretty cool. Annoyingly hyperactive but she's a good person.

Keisuke, Honda and Kaido's a dick though.

On day 5, difficulty has been thrown out the window with the MC hurling out Holy Dance every turn and Atsuro is just a physical powerhouse.

E: Holy poo poo Yama went down due to petrify. Are all bosses vulnerable to status effects.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 2, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

E: Holy poo poo Yama went down due to petrify. Are all bosses vulnerable to status effects.

all status effects in devil survivor fall under the curse element. as long as something doesn't null curse, you can hit it with a status effect.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welp then I'm never removing +stone from Atsuro and Keisuke can warm the bench forever now that he's stopped being a dick.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I felt bad for Honda, he got dealt a real bad hand. I liked Midori since she was upbeat in a megaten land of horror.

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Vookatos posted:

So, I'm playing through Nocturne for the first time.
I just killed Matador and entered what seems like an optional dungeon where I was told that if I want to be human, I might not want to be here. I've heard that those games have multiple paths (or something along the lines?), and this game is really loving hard, so this worries me. I don't really care if there's multiple endings, but are there significant story changes and blatantly wrong paths? I really don't want to come across some Square bullshit of "you didn't pick up an invisible item, so gently caress you, here's the ending where you die halfway through the game"

There's not much to worry about for most of the endings, gameplay wise. You just get one boss or another at the end of the game.

However, there is one ending, the one you allude to involving not becoming human, which requires you beat a bunch of optional bosses(whenever the candelabra flickers) and the Labyrinth of Amala. Probably most people in this thread would say that this is the correct way to beat the game, but if it's your first time through the game and you don't have a lot of experience with SMT games then you might want to avoid doing all that for now.

The other endings are decided using a sort of faction system, where you gain or lose points with the 3 factions(or "reasons", as the game calls them) through the choices you make in conversations with certain characters. It should be pretty obvious when this is happening.

Also, if you're having trouble with the game, just remember that status affecting skills are very important, and as soon as you get the skills Fog Breath and War Cry try to use them and keep them for as long as possible because they are a huge help with most boss fights.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that GameXplain is still in denial about this really not being SMTxFire Emblem anymore. That, or that's the more clickbaity title.

Treehouse also seemed like that during their stream of it, although it was probably just half-hearted PR spinning.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
midori is cute and must be protected at all costs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are these music videos on the dancing dlc page. finally something i wont buy

also i think the Your Affection remix is the best one. ty

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pursuing My True Self is clearly the best girl remix

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Consist posted:

There's not much to worry about for most of the endings, gameplay wise. You just get one boss or another at the end of the game.

However, there is one ending, the one you allude to involving not becoming human, which requires you beat a bunch of optional bosses(whenever the candelabra flickers) and the Labyrinth of Amala. Probably most people in this thread would say that this is the correct way to beat the game, but if it's your first time through the game and you don't have a lot of experience with SMT games then you might want to avoid doing all that for now.

The other endings are decided using a sort of faction system, where you gain or lose points with the 3 factions(or "reasons", as the game calls them) through the choices you make in conversations with certain characters. It should be pretty obvious when this is happening.

Also, if you're having trouble with the game, just remember that status affecting skills are very important, and as soon as you get the skills Fog Breath and War Cry try to use them and keep them for as long as possible because they are a huge help with most boss fights.
Alright, thanks! I'll try to keep all this in mind. I'm pretty bad at RPGs and Matador made me stop for, like, 2 months, but I'm really enjoying it so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nayota asked me to kill six demons in three turns...
:black101::black101::black101: