Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

crime fighting hog posted:

I'll just ask here: I've attended rallies for Ted Cruz and today Marco Rubio -both took time during their speeches to rail against education and specifically mentioned the Department of Education should be, in Cruz's words, "abolished."

Why is the DoE targeted specifically? Is this some kind of anti-intellectual, hating on big government telling my kids what to learn sort of thing? They don't elaborate and are usually ushered out of the room before I can interview them for work.

It's a mix of "big government", leftover pandering to creationists, pandering to people who want their kids beaten in schools, and attacking any sense of universality as a people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I'll just ask here: I've attended rallies for Ted Cruz and today Marco Rubio -both took time during their speeches to rail against education and specifically mentioned the Department of Education should be, in Cruz's words, "abolished."

Why is the DoE targeted specifically? Is this some kind of anti-intellectual, hating on big government telling my kids what to learn sort of thing? They don't elaborate and are usually ushered out of the room before I can interview them for work.

ever since the department of education, which is not in the constitution, was imposed upon america, big government is attempting to indoctrinate your children and force liberal atheistic ideas down their throats

basically parents have anxiety about their kids disagreeing with them and being independent persons, and the biggest contributor to this is education, which can teach them Wrong and Incorrect things. combined with a general republican fear of washington policies and top down government, they see the DoE as a corrupting influence that will corrode local autonomy in school choice and education. it's a convenient shibboleth for any and all complaints about how kids grow up as well as a convenient, safe target to get pissy about Big Government

http://thestir.cafemom.com/politics_views/132578/should_the_department_of_education

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/leave-department-education-behind

many republicans would prefer to dismantle public schools and send their kids to private or parochial schools, most recently with a push towards charter schools, so their kids can be in a safe environment with their peers (no minorities) and recieve a wholesome, non-partisan education (only learn what i want them to learn)

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 31, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Education leads away from right-wing Truthiness.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

re: education.

Kevin Sorbo's shrill ayn rand idealogue of a wife said that "Public Schools don't even teach about the founders. When they do? They go on about how they're evil men! All they do is teach them the communist manifesto! I home school my child, in fact I'm writing a book about how easy it is for parents to do!"

It took me getting to a world history class in college to read anything about Marx and even that was brief as hell. I meanwhile got it drilled in my head multiple times during elementary, middle school, jr. high, and high school who the hell the founders were. Bits like Jefferson owning slaves were omitted. Hell took me watching a documentary (again in college) to learn that Ben Franklin liked to gently caress french whores.

It really reads like class warfare though when you remove yourself from their crazy rear end beliefs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What? I learned all about the founding fathers in school.

I guess maybe they're worried that the sanitized version of them wasn't being taught? The unsanitized, accurate stories of our founding fathers is waaaaayyyyy more fun though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

FuzzySkinner posted:

It really reads like class warfare though when you remove yourself from their crazy rear end beliefs.

That's not a coincidence.

I remember when the olds just didn't want to pay for the schools instead of actively trying to burn them down.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

the republicans have hated on the dept of ed since dole and federal involvement in education since faubus

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So about that pastor ousted earlier regarding US Women's Soccer, he is no stranger to batshit insanity

quote:

Swanson on homosexuality:

Boycotts Girl Scout cookies because they “promote lesbianism” and “I don’t want my little girl turning into a lesbian.”
Discussed whether the Rose Bowl should include a float where a gay person is stoned to death.
Lamented that these days country singer Kacey Musgraves wasn’t lynched for her “promotion of homosexuality” through song.
Urged people to hold up signs telling gay couples to die on their wedding day.
Defended a Ugandan measure to make homosexuality a criminal offense punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty, saying he was glad the country was “standing strong” by adopting extreme anti-gay laws.
Agreed that gay marriage is like the Sandy Hook school massacre.
Wanted America to have anti-gay laws “much like what the Pilgrims had” (the Pilgrims believed that homosexuality should be punishable by death, banishment and whippings) and enforce biblical law “that says that homosexuals should be put to death.”
Explained that “a Christian perspective ultimately brought the death penalty upon homosexuality.”
And there’s more!

Flooding and fires in Colorado were the result of “decadent homosexual activity” and women wearing pants.
Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina were divine punishments of “pro-homosexual” cities.
Presbyterians embraced Satan by supporting gay rights.
Gay people are like serial killers.
When will the Boy Scouts adopt a “sodomy merit badge”?
“Sodomite schools” are pushing child abuse and “homosexual forms of laboratories.”
Homosexuality is a “disease.”
Democrats want to “make sure everybody is committing homosexual acts .”
Gays “drag feces all over one of the most beautiful things God has created.”
“The homosexual borg is the power in the principality of the demonic world itself.”
“Homosexuals love their friends and cannibals love their victims, they taste good.”
“We have to draw lines ourselves and encourage the civil magistrate to prosecute homosexuality, especially public acts of homosexuality.”
“God’s laws require that we prosecute homosexuals who are caught in the act of homosexuality.”
“Allowing [children] to be raised in these homosexual families is going to be one of the most devastating things we have ever seen in the history of mankind.”

Swanson on women:

Women who use birth control have “little tiny fetuses, these little babies … embedded into the womb,” meaning that the “wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.”
Feminists and “the homosexuals” are “destroying society.”
Working women hate men and their children and will destroy America.
Gonorrhea is God’s punishment for single women having sex.
Helping women in Kenya own their own cows will “obliterate” the family.
Swanson on pop culture:

“Frozen” is a demonic movie meant to “indoctrinate my five-year-old to be a lesbian.”
Beyoncé is possessed by demons.
Mark Twain was possessed by demons.
The Beatles spread a “demonic approach to things.”
Dumbledore encourages pedophilia.
Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry sing “demon songs.”
Katniss Everdeen is a “little girl anarchist.”
Halloween is a celebration of the victims of Noah’s flood.
William Shakespeare ruined America by planting the “seedbeds for homosexual themes and homosexual behavior.”
Swanson on other topics:

Obamacare will create death camps.
President Obama is a Muslim.
Abraham Lincoln was a communist.
Caitlyn Jenner is a pawn of Satan.
Desmond Tutu “hates Jesus.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cruz-huckabee-and-jindal-will-join-pastor-who-wants-gays-put-death#sthash.WsLln4bT.dpuf

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Thanks guys. I'm not a political junkie at all but I'm the night reporter so I cover the events held by candidates in Iowa in the evenings. I could literally use a template of every story each time they come here and talk and just replace the names, because every one boils down to the same talking points: repeal the Affordable Care Act, abolish the Department of Education, cut taxes, love Jesus, love the military, etc.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So about that pastor ousted earlier regarding US Women's Soccer, he is no stranger to batshit insanity

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cruz-huckabee-and-jindal-will-join-pastor-who-wants-gays-put-death#sthash.WsLln4bT.dpuf

He seems like he has some sort of personality disorder making him say crazy poo poo for attention.

Basically, this is what happens to the kid who eats paper, bugs, and tin foil if his grade school doesn't have a therapist.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

Swanson on women:

Women who use birth control have “little tiny fetuses, these little babies … embedded into the womb,” meaning that the “wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.”

So the inside of my uterus is like the cover of a metal album. Birth control is hardcore :black101:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SatansOnion posted:

So the inside of my uterus is like the cover of a metal album. Birth control is hardcore :black101:

Just another case of Protestantism being a step behind Catholicism

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

I'd like to think that bringing this guy to a GWAR concert would be a life changing event.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SatansOnion posted:

Sounds more like an H.R. Giger picture.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Homosexual forms of laboratories?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Right Wing Media: The homosexual borg is the power in the principality of the demonic world

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

re: education.

Kevin Sorbo's shrill ayn rand idealogue of a wife said that "Public Schools don't even teach about the founders. When they do? They go on about how they're evil men! All they do is teach them the communist manifesto! I home school my child, in fact I'm writing a book about how easy it is for parents to do!"

It took me getting to a world history class in college to read anything about Marx and even that was brief as hell. I meanwhile got it drilled in my head multiple times during elementary, middle school, jr. high, and high school who the hell the founders were. Bits like Jefferson owning slaves were omitted. Hell took me watching a documentary (again in college) to learn that Ben Franklin liked to gently caress french whores.

It depends on the teacher. elementary was basic stuff as was jr high. they got more into it high school. thing was i was a history nerd so i had read all the "controversial" stuff(jefferson rape slaves, Ben's milf and gilf tips, CIA adventures, etc) but yeah it mostly got hit on in college, where both my favorite teacher ever and my shittiest teacher ever talked about that stuff.

I read part of his one book on kindle. basically every famous western philosopher/writer is daemon possessed or inspired. he really really hates twain.
http://www.amazon.com/Apostate-Men-Destroyed-Christian-West/dp/0985365153/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446287387&sr=8-1&keywords=kevin+swanson
you can read a decent chunk of it, in the preview mode on amazon.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So Crowder has created a new game on his podcast that has left me speechless

He is given a picture and he has to guess if they are a "tranny"

So here is the YouTube video. I think a smart idea is every one of us reports it to YouTube.

http://youtu.be/M_qr6LvZ7Xo

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

So here is the YouTube video. I think a smart idea is every one of us reports it to YouTube.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that better fits "Hateful or Abusive Content -> Abusing Vulnerable Individuals."

I don't think Youtube wil do anything, because he's got over 100k subscribers, but it's about as perfect a description as you can get.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I refuse to contribute to any metric that would indicate people are paying attention to this lame rear end

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Christ, Chowder is so desperate for views now. Reported that poo poo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Good Citizen posted:

I refuse to contribute to any metric that would indicate people are paying attention to this lame rear end

If you pause it immediately, it will not count as a much of a view and he would get nothing for it. Youtube tracks how long a viewer watches a video and views under a certain limit do not count toward total views.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The frustrating thing is getting YouTube to pull that video will absolutely make his day. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was his objective to begin with. He must be relevant, the PC police are still tracking his every move!

Stop giving this Chuck C Johnson wannabe oxygen.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Epic High Five posted:

Just another case of Protestantism being a step behind Catholicism

The Death Metal Cookie

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

ever since the department of education, which is not in the constitution, was imposed upon america, big government is attempting to indoctrinate your children and force liberal atheistic ideas down their throats

basically parents have anxiety about their kids disagreeing with them and being independent persons, and the biggest contributor to this is education, which can teach them Wrong and Incorrect things. combined with a general republican fear of washington policies and top down government, they see the DoE as a corrupting influence that will corrode local autonomy in school choice and education. it's a convenient shibboleth for any and all complaints about how kids grow up as well as a convenient, safe target to get pissy about Big Government

http://thestir.cafemom.com/politics_views/132578/should_the_department_of_education

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/leave-department-education-behind

many republicans would prefer to dismantle public schools and send their kids to private or parochial schools, most recently with a push towards charter schools, so their kids can be in a safe environment with their peers (no minorities) and recieve a wholesome, non-partisan education (only learn what i want them to learn)

Well, that, and the fact that the biggest item in the department of education's budget are pell grants and student aid for low income students and minorities.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

quote:

Gays drag feces all over one of the most beautiful things God has created
Dicks? He's talking about dicks right? That's really where most of it ends up after some good old fashioned sodomy.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Rhesus Pieces posted:

The frustrating thing is getting YouTube to pull that video will absolutely make his day. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was his objective to begin with. He must be relevant, the PC police are still tracking his every move!

Stop giving this Chuck C Johnson wannabe oxygen.

I remember the days when goons, when presented with an rear end in a top hat like this, would go out of their way to blow up his entire web presence.

I miss those days.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

stinkles1112 posted:

I remember the days when goons, when presented with an rear end in a top hat like this, would go out of their way to blow up his entire web presence.

I miss those days.
When you touch the poop, you drag feces all over one of the most beautiful things God has created.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The Crotch posted:

When you touch the poop, you drag feces all over one of the most beautiful things God has created.

I'd hesitate to call Lowtax beautiful.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

The Crotch posted:

Like, on the one hand, I understand all the reasons why the goonrushes of yore are discouraged now but on the other hand... Crowder is doing a fine job of getting feces everywhere already.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

stinkles1112 posted:

I miss those days.

Just piss on the guys web presence without goons then. Crowder isn't a mosquito bite that you're not supposed to scratch. He's a piece of dog poo poo that you should probably actively remove from the bottom of your shoe.

Wait I can't remember what we were talking about.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Langosta posted:

Just piss on the guys web presence without goons then. Crowder isn't a mosquito bite that you're not supposed to scratch. He's a piece of dog poo poo that you should probably actively remove from the bottom of your shoe.

Wait I can't remember what we were talking about.

I think we were talking about torturing analogies in lieu of Crowder himself

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm a tad bit stunned someone would attempt to compare a transgender person to a monster in this day and age.

It's not even about being a "LEFT VERSUS RIGHT" type of thing. It's about being a human loving being.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm a tad bit stunned someone would attempt to compare a transgender person to a monster in this day and age.

It's not even about being a "LEFT VERSUS RIGHT" type of thing. It's about being a human loving being.

Just wait until you spend some more time in the right wing hugbox hatesphere

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

FuzzySkinner posted:

We have such sights to show you...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Maury Povich do a horrible show like this about once a week?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

stinkles1112 posted:

I think we were talking about torturing analogies in lieu of Crowder himself

Seriously though, it seems like leaving the RWM info-bubble alone has done more damage than good. I browse this thread constantly and I'm always surprised when Crowder specifically comes up and people just say "Oh he'll be yesterdays news any day now." Like, that should have happened already, right? He picked a fight with a union guy and lost AND got kicked off of Fox, not to mention that his comedy is just pure torture. That seems like it would be damning for anyone who has interest in a career within the bubble of God's Own Political Party news, yet here he remains.

Maybe I just don't understand the metric used to measure RWM value. Is it a) amount of people happy with your message or b) number of godless leftists that you piss off?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Starshark posted:

She's got the pencil the wrong way around :xd:

Just erasing life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ignoring problems has literally never worked in all of human history, and yet this fact doesn't stop people from smugly saying that this time it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

stinkles1112 posted:

Like, on the one hand, I understand all the reasons why the goonrushes of yore are discouraged now but on the other hand... Crowder is doing a fine job of getting feces everywhere already.

Reminder that a large contingent of RWM watchers and listeners honestly believe that Something Awful is a covert CIA operation.