Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fergus posted:

Awesome, cheers mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Cait and Valentine? Is this ff7?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Uh yeah? If you didn't take Whacky Wasteland you'd never see aliens in New Vegas, it's almost like that was the best option??????? Have a setting for people who don't want to see the stupid references that game devs think are clever.

Wild Wild Wasteland is stupid because it only adds ~10 unique encounters, one of which is an SA post reference. The other, oh yea, a flying saucer or whatever.

Waste of a trait.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Protons posted:

Wild Wild Wasteland is stupid because it only adds ~10 unique encounters, one of which is an SA post reference. The other, oh yea, a flying saucer or whatever.

Waste of a trait.

It adds Johnny Five Aces and the YCS gauss rifle with the same forum number as the YCS forum. So it's 100% justified. :colbert:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

i am harry posted:

I haven't played a non-stealth, long-range shooter in any of these games.

One of my favorite moments in FO3 was using the Chinese Stealth Suit to set up Bottlecap Mines all over the Deathclaw Sanctuary, then take a pot shot at them from a mile away and watch the fun.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Thanks for that, I was quite puzzled.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Protons posted:

Waste of a trait.

Wow trolling the pre-release thread of the only game I'll ever need from now on?

You're on some shaky ice punk.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It adds Johnny Five Aces and the YCS gauss rifle with the same forum number as the YCS forum. So it's 100% justified. :colbert:

I thought it took the gauss rifle away and replaced it with the alien blaster?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

the YCS rifle is in the normal game, Wild Wasteland replaces it with aliens.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Actually the YCS Rifle is only if you DON'T have the trait. The trait replaces it with something sillier.

e:fb

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

frajaq posted:

hahah Maccready is still a little poo poo

Am I reading that right that Piper disapproves of both peaceful and violent options?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Wow trolling the pre-release thread of the only game I'll ever need from now on?

You're on some shaky ice punk.

Hey look at this mook who just showed up 624 pages later.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Buschmaki posted:

Yeah, that's true. It's easy to criticize Fallout 3 because I know what I don't like about the setting, but if you pressed me to come up with a better one I couldn't do it. Obsidian definitely had the easier job developing Fallout New Vegas because so many things in the West Coast have been fleshed out, while Bethesda had to make an entirely new East Coast while keeping the same elements. That's why I hope they do something interesting with Synths, the Institute, and the Minutemen in 4, because it's giving them a chance to add their own unique contribution.

Prepare for disappointment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Am I reading that right that Piper disapproves of both peaceful and violent options?

No. It is a bad chart. Chart bad.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Your clothes have physics, as does your hair, but now your gun just vanishes when you holster it. Which is an odd change. Wonder if that bDisabledGearedUp=0 flag from the Skyrim ini is still around.

Thanks for this! Good news, at least.

Kind of strange the weapons vanish, but given how strange the guns seem to be, I'm not too surprised. They probably opted to have them vanish instead of have a cannon gun clip through the players face during a conversation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
seems Maccready is going to end up in shallow grave in my playthrough, and probably most of the other human companions as well.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Synths, Ghouls, Skin Jobs, Mooks, Dogs, Females... kill em' all. Let God sort 'em out.

/tgm4eva club brofist what what

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Rodney-CK posted:

Thanks for this! Good news, at least.

Kind of strange the weapons vanish, but given how strange the guns seem to be, I'm not too surprised. They probably opted to have them vanish instead of have a cannon gun clip through the players face during a conversation.

It seems to be a bug tied to quick switching weapons, from what I read. If you used the pipboy to select the weapon, the model would show when you holstered it. The guy who wrote that could have been full of poo poo, but I think that's more likely than removing visible weapons from your person.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 9, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

2house2fly posted:

the YCS rifle is in the normal game, Wild Wasteland replaces it with aliens.

Mokinokaro posted:

Actually the YCS Rifle is only if you DON'T have the trait. The trait replaces it with something sillier.

e:fb

I stand by what I wrote even if it's factually, morally, intellectually and spiritually wrong because this is America and what we believe is more important than reality will ever be! :911:

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seems Maccready is going to end up in shallow grave in my playthrough, and probably most of the other human companions as well.

Companions cannot be killed. They can be made unavailable.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rodney-CK posted:

Judging by the bits and pieces I've been watching of streams, this game's armor already does everything possible to make your character look ridiculous during conversation to the point that some ultra major weapon clipping wouldn't even make me bat an eye.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Is there a sex simulation in-game, or do we have to wait for the creation kit for the Nexus to provide us with this. Also, can children be killed?

Also, can we put a top hat and monocle on dog?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Protons posted:

Hahaha. Does this mean that the impatient babbys have just hosed over NZ by making them wait another hour, because they couldn't wait?

HaHA take THAT you fuckers! LMAO!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Merry Magpie posted:

Companions cannot be killed. They can be made unavailable.

They are unkillable when they are recruited. i'll just shoot him the second i see him.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Imp, have you gathered what Piper's character is like? I have this dark idea of Spider Django Heraclitus Jerusalem lurking in my head and would like one Filthy Assistant to accompany me.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
For anybody playing the game right now/watching a lot of streams, I have a few questions. Critical questions, as I felt like Fallout 3 did these things wrong, but I'm hopeful Fallout 4 does them better.

- The factions all have quests it looks like? How well defined are these quests. Are they honest fully fleshed out quests, or more "go kill the other faction" style quests. Are they locked behind you being a member of those factions.

- Is the faction war system really defined? Like is it similar to the Civil War in Skyrim at all, in that eventually one side wins and the faction war "ends"? Or is it basically just each of the factions shoots at each other occasionally when they see each other.

- Can you join multiple factions? Or are you basically set outside of betraying your current faction for another.

- Would you say factions are more like guilds in TES ( ie "We have a goal, and we want to fulfill it, you can help us. We are at war with the x, but you can join them too. ), or more like well, the Civil War in Skyrim, or the Legion/NCR conflict in New Vegas ( This is a war, our quests are all dedicated to this war, you are either with us or against us, gently caress the other guys. )

- How many "major" cities are there? I count a major city as a major area in the game. So for example each of the major Holds in Skyrim is a city to me, but Rorikstead is not. ie it should offer many quests as well as services, unlike Rorikstead which is basically just around for the purpose of that single quest. I see Fallout 3 as only really having two major cities, them being Megaton and Rivet City.

- Do you feel they have multiple well defined environments to explore? Again to use Skyrim/Fallout 3 as an example, Skyrim had dozens of interior environments, each of which felt handcrafted. Fallout 3 had "Office Building" "School" "Cave" "Gas Station" "Government Building" "Train Station" and that was basically it, with all of them feeling randomly thrown together to fill space, with whatever they put inside it put in after the fact.

My main question is one of depth basically. I find Morrowind, Skyrim, and New Vegas to ultimately be fairly deep games once you start scratching the surface. Not very deep in the case of Skyrim/Oblivion, but deep enough for me. You had a large variety of quests to complete, exploration was varied and interesting, you could find unique items/equipment/shouts by exploring, etc etc. Even just a basic run in any of those games would take me 30-60ish hours before I felt I completed the majority of the handbuilt content, if I felt like exploring it could easily go past 80-120 hours worth of gametime. With Fallout 3, I've had the opposite experience. Every time I've played it, I've managed to do all main/side quests within just under 20 hours, no problems. While I can explore to my hearts content/do the DLC to bring it up past 40ish, I struggle to stay invested in that game past 40 hours. I want to see where Fallout 4 falls on the spectrum for me.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Merry Magpie posted:

Companions cannot be killed.

On the console versions

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They are unkillable when they are recruited. i'll just shoot him the second i see him.

If it's anything like Oblivion, there's a secret room where all storyline characters go when they die.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So does the Armorer perk govern what you can put into your regular outfits, your power armor or both?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

Imp, have you gathered what Piper's character is like? I have this dark idea of Spider Django Heraclitus Jerusalem lurking in my head and would like one Filthy Assistant to accompany me.

She's kind of wacky and all about The Truth. I really disliked her so I didn't keep her around much.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

important question: how soon will the giant floppy dongs mod be coming out? I dont want my immersion experience ruined by lack of veiny rendered schlong.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

No, he will simply get right back up.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

super macho dude posted:

important question: how soon will the giant floppy dongs mod be coming out? I dont want my immersion experience ruined by lack of veiny rendered schlong.

They're literally waiting in the Nexus for people to download already.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
so i was looking at the minimum requirements and realized my pc doesnt meet them. i was wondering if its still possible to play well under the minimum requirements, because looking at them they seem similar to the battlefront betas minimum requirements and my pc came nowhere close to meeting those and still ran and looked really good playing that

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Grody posted:

so i was looking at the minimum requirements and realized my pc doesnt meet them. i was wondering if its still possible to play well under the minimum requirements, because looking at them they seem similar to the battlefront betas minimum requirements and my pc came nowhere close to meeting those and still ran and looked really good playing that

The requirements are vastly inflated

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

Apple Craft posted:

If it's anything like Oblivion, there's a secret room where all storyline characters go when they die.

And they're all naked in a huge pile, if I remember that room correctly

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dd209 posted:

And they're all naked in a huge pile, if I remember that room correctly

I think that was your fanfiction, sir or madam.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Protons posted:

Hey look at this mook who just showed up 624 pages later.

Hey, I read all those page. I put the work in and my face doesn't resemble The Museum of Exceptional Spuds. Granted I didn't learn much except that the Aquaboy perk is apparently where this game breaks down on a conceptual and logistical level.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

strong bird posted:

The requirements are vastly inflated

so do you think Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 4.1g of ram, Geforce GT 525M, with windows 7 could run it? i dont want to buy it then have to buy a new pc too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I'm excited for this game. Are there any streams going?

• Locked thread