Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Lampsacus posted:

Though I disagree with his supposed denial. When once does he?

This show is a national treasure but isn't for everyone. It is also infinitely quotable 'I didn't go to university to get a degree, Mark!'

I guess denial was a bad choice of words, more like unexplored.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'm so eager to find out if we're getting a Pej reference in this series.

In fact, that's how I want the series to end. Doorbell goes, someone comes in, Jez just says "Hi, Pej", and then cut to black.

Little things like this are great. I had forgotten all about Pedge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Sash! posted:

I have a friend who is basically Jez and he once said to me "we're only missing a Super Hans and that show would just be our lives."

It was deeply troubling.

Maybe you are Big Suze? Or Johnson?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lycus posted:

"We're the Peep Show group and you're the Mark" is really one of the worst things you can say to someone. Worse than "we're the Always Sunny gang and you're the Dennis".

To be fair it's not a good thing to be anyone on Always Sunny. Dennis is a garbage person, but it could be worse. You could be Frank.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
When struck with something I don't want to deal with at work, I often think about just jumping out the window and running away

"I can do anything! I could get a whole KFC bucket! I could join Al-Qaeda!"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlipkPIe posted:

When struck with something I don't want to deal with at work, I often think about just jumping out the window and running away

"I can do anything! I could get a whole KFC bucket! I could join Al-Qaeda!"

I didn't notice until my second run through the series that Mark eventually does run away and get a whole bucket of KFC(on his way to the arcade while Sophie is giving birth.)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

bango skank posted:

I didn't notice until my second run through the series that Mark eventually does run away and get a whole bucket of KFC(on his way to the arcade while Sophie is giving birth.)

"I'm walking at what I'd describe in court as walking pace, but which I think is slightly slower than walking pace."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bango skank posted:

So I guess he's joining Al-Qaeda for the finale?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
loving rental snake innit?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

loving rental snake innit?

Mark deciding "Actually, a salad spinner's a pretty good place to keep a snake" made me laugh way more than it should have.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My wife once told me I'm a deadly combination of Mike and Jez. I immediately asked, if that was true, why the gently caress would she marry me?

There was no good answer.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

bango skank posted:

"Eating from a bucket... Like a human horse."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mark deciding "Actually, a salad spinner's a pretty good place to keep a snake" made me laugh way more than it should have.

Me too. That episode in general is one of my favorites. "Red next to black, jump the gently caress back. Red and yella', cuddly fellow"

VVVV
I totally hosed up my favorite Super Hans quote (edited to correct the quote)

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 10, 2015

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But red is next to black

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hitler promised not to invade Czechoslovakia, Jez, welcome to the real world.

(Mark's habit of turning everything into a WW2 metaphor is weirdly endearing.)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maoist Pussy posted:

Maybe you are Big Suze? Or Johnson?

No, I am definitely Mark because

(...habit of turning everything into a WW2 metaphor...)

applies to me.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'm so eager to find out if we're getting a Pej reference in this series.

In fact, that's how I want the series to end. Doorbell goes, someone comes in, Jez just says "Hi, Pej", and then cut to black.

He won't ring the door though, he'll launch a dog through the window.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

egon_beeblebrox posted:

My wife once told me I'm a deadly combination of Mike and Jez. I immediately asked, if that was true, why the gently caress would she marry me?

The obvious answer is some combination of green card and pregnancy.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I always (mis?)remember that line mark says in the first episode whenever I make myself stop procrastinating. "Time to snap on the nosebag and eat some serious work."

The first episode I saw was the one where they go into the country to meet Sophie's parents, after that I was hooked.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I've rewatched this show so so so many times. I like picking up little things, like Jez's allegiance to the Citizen's Advice Bureau. Like in s04e02 the Conference episode he threatens to send them on Alan.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
How do you get that shirt so clean, mate?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

How do you get that shirt so clean, mate?

DO YOU WANT A TASTE OF MY STEEL?!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
The clean shirt kids will be about 25 now won't they? :stare: This show has had some run.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

crispix posted:

The clean shirt kids will be about 25 now won't they? :stare: This show has had some run.

The guy who tells Mark gently caress off Clean Shirt when the take out the TV in the burglary episode is one of the original clean shirt kids.

E: And even that's like 7-8 years ago

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

crispix posted:

The show takes 3 years to tell about 2 months worth of time, so it's probably still 2003 in the show (with up to date tech and references, anachronisms be damned)

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

The guy who tells Mark gently caress off Clean Shirt when the take out the TV in the burglary episode is one of the original clean shirt kids.

E: And even that's like 7-8 years ago

No way. Where'd you find that out?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I gotta say that my favorite episode is when Mark befriends the neo-Nazi. It even has Super Hans smoking crack!

Steve2911 posted:

I very much doubt there'll be a definitive "ending", good or bad.

They'll probably end up exactly where they started. Which in itself is sad enough.
One of them said that there will be no happy ending for the two. Burning the last bridges of their friendship is the most fitting end, really.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

I gotta say that my favorite episode is when Mark befriends the neo-Nazi. It even has Super Hans smoking crack!

One of them said that there will be no happy ending for the two. Burning the last bridges of their friendship is the most fitting end, really.

Nah, they can't end it with them not being friends. It needs to come full circle, back exactly to the point they started. That's the whole point, both of them are just kinda trapped together, and neither can move on.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Stabbatical posted:

No way. Where'd you find that out?

They mention it on this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1-eDQeEPeI (awful audio, but it's still fun).

Kid's name is Sonny Muslim wonder if he's Shia

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roach Warehouse posted:

The first episode I saw was the one where they go into the country to meet Sophie's parents, after that I was hooked.

No fooling, my first scene was turning on the TV when it was already on BBC America and seeing two Englishmen burying a dog that one of them had run over.

I had no idea what I was watching, but I liked it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Blitzkrieg, I'm in the Ardennes! You can't touch me in the Ardennes. Safe in the cupboard.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
You're paying... For that snake to be dry-cleaned.

Super Hans :allears:

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Does anyone know if there's a US channel that will air in line with the UK? Or do I have to wait for Nexflix?

This show is the best. I mean, behind That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Also wondering about this. I don't want to wait around for a year to watch this :(

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I kind of hope they do a series 20 or so years from now, just to see how loving awful Mark and Jez are as elderly men, and see what Mark's kid is like at the same age Mark was at the beginning of the series.

Though I imagine Super Hans will be long dead by then.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
They should have Hans luck into some massive fortune so that he can be kept from death by proper supervision.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Hans is dead then the twins can just play his role.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I guess you mean this as part of teasing, but I'm imagining this conversation as part of a bitter argument that ended with both of you deeply unhappy but too scared to change.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

bango skank posted:

If Hans is dead then the twins can just play his role.
I don't think I've heard previous mention of the twins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Course I have the twins, the loving twins. I’m always on about them, I bloody love ’em two.

• Locked thread