Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

-Atom- posted:

they should be ignored for being stupid.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I don't know what the rest of this post says as Atom is on my ignore list now. Incredibly appropriate.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

Jones wasn't publically a poo poo head then though unless him saying he was going to be a champ makes you cry or something

He did refuse to sign plastic replica belts belonging to children because they hadn't earned it

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

david carmichael posted:

he's been training with a powerlifting team for awhile now and he's only up to like 225.

God drat that is only 225?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Trast posted:

he's been doing a lot of squats and deadlifts and it seems that somehow his legs have gotten skinnier

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CarlosCondit posted:

For those of you gloating @RondaRousey loss this weekend, keep in mind, the only one with the right to gloat is @_HOLLYHOLM and she's not...

CarlosCondit posted:

Just my opinion. My heart is filled with pride for @_HOLLYHOLM not only for her performance but for the way she carries herself #TakeNote

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Trast posted:

Stuff like pro wrestling and top-level bodybuilding make it easy to forget that a 225lbs person with low bodyfat is actually pretty drat big.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Carlos is the best.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

david carmichael posted:

he's been doing a lot of squats and deadlifts and it seems that somehow his legs have gotten skinnier

:lol:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

A lot of people are equating Holly Holm beating Rousey to Buster Douglas beating Tyson. Is that accurate or are people simply embellishing?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ostentatious posted:

A lot of people are equating Holly Holm beating Rousey to Buster Douglas beating Tyson. Is that accurate or are people simply embellishing?
It's actually quite accurate. Back in the late 80s-early 90s Mike Tyson was seen in the same way as Rousey was before fighting Holm. The Buster Douglas upset came out of nowhere.

Fun fact for a WWF/E tie-in: Mike Tyson was originally scheduled to be the outside ref for a Hogan/Savage match on an episode of The Main Event. After he got knocked out, Douglas took the spot.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol Holly Holm as a special guest referee for The Rock vs Triple H at WM32

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Ostentatious posted:

A nobody beat an overhyped champ that never fought anyone good and made poor romantic choices. Seems to map perfectly, to me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/CarlosCondit/status/666345767968202752]

[url=https://twitter.com/CarlosCondit/status/666355558618783744]

Sexy in soul and body/face

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Snowman_McK posted:

Carlos is the best.

:agreed:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Yeah rousey deserved some humble pie but its funny seeing Bethe correiera or whoever start going off on her on twitter, first of all she just beat you up a couple months ago way more embarrassingly, and secondly her losing just makes you and the rest of the division seem like even more of a joke than everyone already thought so good job throwing fuel on the fire of you never getting a decent paycheque again

Beche seriously tweeted something like "Rousey tricked herself into thinking she was actually a decent striker" and its like hmm yeah probably, but keep in mind the reason she did that is because you were supposed to be a good striker and she instantly knocked you out with no effort

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Welp looks like rousey sucks now, im happy to boast about this to everyone even though it means that by transitive property I suck an amount previously thought impossible, going back to my job as a Zumba instructor/bryan caraways girlfriend/A-list actress now

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

the only good fighter.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Yeah rousey deserved some humble pie but its funny seeing Bethe correiera or whoever start going off on her on twitter, first of all she just beat you up a couple months ago way more embarrassingly, and secondly her losing just makes you and the rest of the division seem like even more of a joke than everyone already thought so good job throwing fuel on the fire of you never getting a decent paycheque again

Beche seriously tweeted something like "Rousey tricked herself into thinking she was actually a decent striker" and its like hmm yeah probably, but keep in mind the reason she did that is because you were supposed to be a good striker and she instantly knocked you out with no effort

manyak posted:

Welp looks like rousey sucks now, im happy to boast about this to everyone even though it means that by transitive property I suck an amount previously thought impossible, going back to my job as a Zumba instructor/bryan caraways girlfriend/A-list actress now

I have genuinely never understood the impulse in people to claim that people they've lost to are bad. Every time I lose to somebody I hope they sweep the division and tap everyone else in ten seconds.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

lol yeah

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

I have genuinely never understood the impulse in people to claim that people they've lost to are bad. Every time I lose to somebody I hope they sweep the division and tap everyone else in ten seconds.

Must be Brazillian logic:

"They won and I lost, so we are opposites. If they are good, I am the opposite, and I am bad. But if they lose, they are bad, so I, as the opposite, am therefore good!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also I didn't really lose/just got caught disease

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah Rousey wasnt "always bad". Same way that are the Gustaffson fight Jones wasnt bad.

A fighter capable of fighting the perfect way to beat Ronda excuted a game plan flawlessly.

Styles make fights is a saying for a reason.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

i forget if it was twitter or what but hendo was commenting on a jake shields fight, calling him utter dogshit, etc. and someone was like "how did you lose to him" and hendo jsut said "i have no loving clue lol" and that's how it seems to happen with every fighter

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
holly seems to have the big three of lasting success (tall, in shape, can wrestle), whereas rondo only had one. there aren't a lot of styles that matchup poorly with that, except for what the dreaded mathis brought to the table which was "taller"

harley
Sep 2, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I hope Lawler caves in Condit's face. He can't stop me from gloating about that too.

harley
Sep 2, 2004

-Atom- posted:

the only good fighter.

Who didn't earn the title shot against Lawler.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The Dana white Joe rogan podcast is up it looks like

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

The Dana white Joe rogan podcast is up it looks like

Thanks for this. I'm actually really interested in hearing Dana White talk about how Greg Jackson is once again a sport killer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You sure showed that Condit!

Pretty excited to listen to that podcast! Perfect for the long commute tomorrow

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I listened to half the joe rogan podcast out of the sheer novelty of a man being named hinchcliff and I severely regret my choice. The most interesting part is that all the dudes immediately become pricks any time they speak with the flight attendant

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fatherdog posted:

I feel like this in my weekend wing chun class when the instructor accidentally punches me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Whoever asked 'where are all the dickheads who never post here posting stupid edgy poo poo?' your answer just showed up.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

harley posted:

Who didn't earn the title shot against Lawler.

Sure he did

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I didn't get the, "DRINK YOUR SADNESS SHAKE DANA AND ROGAN" stuff. They just saw a close friend eat poo poo. They were probably going to be a little concerned looking.

And some fucker referred to Serra as having "just caught GSP with a lucky shot" or something equally stupid. Go watch the loving fight. Serra won that fight with a patented Longo game plan that included not swarming GSP when he got caught.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Every time I see 100 new posts I get a little buzz thinking what else might have happened.
Not loving much apparently.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
This thread is going to be busy because one of the biggest upsets of all time just occurred. You should unsubscribe and go away for a few months.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Serra spent two solid minutes slipping GSP's jab and bashing his ribs, then the second GSP brought his elbows down to protect his body he came over the top with the shot that hurt him. You don't spend half a round patiently setting up a "lucky shot".

mewse
May 2, 2006

Why are you guys still discussing the fights from last weekend, jeez get over it already :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005

origami posted:

This thread is going to be busy because one of the biggest upsets of all time just occurred. You should unsubscribe and go away for a few months.

I give it a week before the herd moves on to another trending story to graze on and collectively poo poo their bad opinions on every corner of the internet.

• Locked thread