Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There isn't much that stands out from imgay's post history.

imgay posted:

I think kat is more scum than pod at this point, but idk. neither dude screams scum to me.

When I first read this post, I thought that imgay was distancing from Kat. Now, I'm not quite sure. Kat had 6 votes when this happened and Podima was -2 - day 1. The comment on Podima is definitely classic scum negative content against a d1 lynch of town. I'm not sure what putting Kat above Podima does here though. imgay never mentions Kat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi I am back from my birthday dinner, it was really good. I had spit roasted chicken and poutine followed up by lemon meringue pie.

I feel really suspicious about the fact that Merk hasn't been his usual scumhunty self. I haven't seen him as scum before, but I've seen a lot of people saying that he's a mediocre scum player despite being very good at town. He hasn't done much decent casework this game, and hasn't been aggressively pushing his reads like he did when he caught me out as scum before.

You think I'm town based entirely off imgay's posts back then? Or is this a case of you already leaning that direction and imgay solidifying your opinion?

This post is setting off alarm bells.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kommando posted:

rolecop is normally a scum role, flavorcop that kashuno claims sounds like a town role.

Anidav and his lore, powers are based on lore, lore flavour and powers, all in the Anidav mind.

Kashuno could be a role cop that also gets flavor. That's a very common scum role.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ixt - This is actually the right vote.

Ixt is here in the thread, but he's never actually present in scum hunting discussion. His posts are short, friendly, and devoid of actual reads on players. When he does make votes, they are justified with, at best, a 'yep' or, at worst, a joke.

Ixtlilton posted:

##vote Podima

Ixtlilton posted:

Yep.

##vote janus

Ixtlilton posted:

Let's kill Taste. He's been all "oh look at me tryin' to look town" and I'm sitting here like "nah."

##vote Taste

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Merk if you are scum we can team up and orchestrate something very whacky, you should tell me if you are.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Merk if you are scum we can team up and orchestrate something very whacky, you should tell me if you are.

When are you going to drop the schtick and try to find scum? With imgay flipping scum and Ixt looking like he's flipping scum in the same joke style, your style concerns me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

##vote Ixt - This is actually the right vote.

Ixt is here in the thread, but he's never actually present in scum hunting discussion. His posts are short, friendly, and devoid of actual reads on players. When he does make votes, they are justified with, at best, a 'yep' or, at worst, a joke.

I am happy merk is back
##vote ixt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

When are you going to drop the schtick and try to find scum? With imgay flipping scum and Ixt looking like he's flipping scum in the same joke style, your style concerns me.

Well mostly I was waiting for you to inevitably accuse me of being scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kashuno posted:

I am happy merk is back
##vote ixt

I may randomly disappear again. My life has taken an aggressive turn this last month (for the better!).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Well mostly I was waiting for you to inevitably accuse me of being scum.

lol I guess you got it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

lol I guess you got it.

Im glad, I was very, very concerned that it wouldn't happen.

I think this is every non soldiers game in the last two years.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Im glad, I was very, very concerned that it wouldn't happen.

I think this is every non soldiers game in the last two years.

It's my style. I rarely call someone town. I am always erring on the side of someone being scum. I've been burned too many times by putting someone in the town bucket and not revisiting it. I won't do that again, especially when it involves a good player. Take it as a compliment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ixt is definitely the right vote. Sorry, Ixt.

The town leaders that have been driving us down the wrong highway all game need to be discussed: Kashuno, SSV

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I may randomly disappear again. My life has taken an aggressive turn this last month (for the better!).

:toot:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Kashuno, give me all of your results and justifications for why you selected who you selected.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Kashuno, give me all of your results and justifications for why you selected who you selected.

MMG was a Saturn; I was sus
Bif was a PSP; also sus
Kommando; hadn't been keeping up on the thread; picked from a hat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Ixt is definitely the right vote. Sorry, Ixt.

The town leaders that have been driving us down the wrong highway all game need to be discussed: Kashuno, SSV

I'd buy SSV, but not Kash so much.

That said, I'm very inclined to think that scum lean heavier on AUSPOL players in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

##vote Bif

He has a lot of posts but not a lot of actual content. His three votes in the game (SSV, Podima, and now MMG) don't get anywhere close to compelling.

This case looks less exciting now after the Komm/Bif argument.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kashuno posted:

MMG was a Saturn; I was sus
Bif was a PSP; also sus
Kommando; hadn't been keeping up on the thread; picked from a hat.

What do you think of the Bif and Kommando spat?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'd buy SSV, but not Kash so much.

That said, I'm very inclined to think that scum lean heavier on AUSPOL players in this game.

What do you think of SSV's vote on me today?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

What do you think of SSV's vote on me today?

It's manufactured.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

What do you think of the Bif and Kommando spat?

town slapfight

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi I am back from my birthday dinner, it was really good. I had spit roasted chicken and poutine followed up by lemon meringue pie.

I feel really suspicious about the fact that Merk hasn't been his usual scumhunty self. I haven't seen him as scum before, but I've seen a lot of people saying that he's a mediocre scum player despite being very good at town. He hasn't done much decent casework this game, and hasn't been aggressively pushing his reads like he did when he caught me out as scum before.

You think I'm town based entirely off imgay's posts back then? Or is this a case of you already leaning that direction and imgay solidifying your opinion?

This is a statement pretty clearly meant to have a built in escape hatch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

This is a statement pretty clearly meant to have a built in escape hatch.

Yeah, I 100% agree.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk I'm sorry that you're bad at reading me :(

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

To elaborate,

merk posted:

lmao.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Not to mention you're wrong and I'm confirmed town. I have several scum hunting posts. And several means at least 4.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also you're missing the context of the first two votes where it was 5 minutes to deadline and a damning looking result respectively. Bad merk.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And the last one wasn't a joke, it was my sincere opinion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who is scum right now and why is that person scum?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

kashuno, but I'm gonna be honest and say it's mostly because of his avatar. I also think it's pretty weird someone sets off alarm bells and then the person who they asked to explain why they think they're town you immediately vote for for not having content.

For real though, kashuno's been weird and this is totally OMGUS because scum always think I'm an easy lynch when really I'm unlynchable. You can just replace "it's a miracle" with "I'm unlynchable". in that one song and it's pretty much perfect.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think at least one of SSV and Kashuno is scum. I'm leaning SSV as the better vote right now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imdead but I know who scum is. Not telling though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello it's 4:30 and I'm going right back to sleep but could someone briefly look over and summarise all the merk pushes that've been done in the meantime?

I'm liking his content, and while I get that people were concerned about merk usually being a better player, I find it suspicious that he's the ONLY lurker that's had the most concentrated effort of actually throwing votes his way.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You think imgay would bus in that specific way?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I'm dead and gay too.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I love my dead gay son.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

the vig part was made up, the flavor cop is not made up.

idk how to determine if someone is scum based on their flavor so I will stop trying and will instead make cases based on actual mafia

Why did you lie?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Merk's posting is looking a bit more like what I usually see from him as town, so I'm going to ##unvote for now and ##vote kashuno because seriously what reason did you have to lie about your role like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk

• Locked thread