Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Actually I want to expand my guess. Not only the thing I already said, but: Mint was a monkey wrench in some kind of plan. If he hadn't been there, the actual crew, being made of the best, the brightest, and the we-triple-checked-to-be-sure sanest, would have died and something else came back in their place. Mint's resistance and subsequent self-defense is the only thing that saved the elf kingdom and the entire world from whatever the gently caress is on the moon.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Confused? Mint is never confused. He perfectly understands, you know, things.

Of course, my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I went ahead and put together some information about ValorCon that I think people might find useful, so check it out: http://13questions.tumblr.com/post/130659852873/more-valorcon-info

biosterous posted:

So, Kroll... big bushy beard, or no?

This is basically Kroll

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

:siren:13th Age 71: Blood Money:siren:
The crew of the Necropolitan 13 recklessly rush the enormous city-golem once known as Glitterhaegen. Though the newlydead engineering triumphs in the end, Nikud Adler (?) draws the party into his own private drawing-room to bash them into pieces which will hopefully rest easy. Joke’s on you, Adler! We already have a Rip!

:siren:lp13a 71: Giant Robo Tabletalk:siren:
Silence is golden. I have harvested this podcast. I am rich beyond measure. Quack.

Tabletalk takes place before, during, and after our sessions. It’s lightly edited and perfect for casual listening, and to get an idea of just what we were thinking when we did all that nonsense!

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
If the Midwest were in anyway close to the West Coast I would happily attend the panel, hopefully you guys will get more con attendances in the future

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I imagine the end of that fight like this:

The Many pulls Adler into its body, until all that is sticking out is a single human hand, that flails about wildly until it twitches all weird like then starts moving like the rest of their hands.

Friggin rad as hell.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I know this is off topic, but Poorweather's naga character in the 3.5 campaign made me think about other possible PC races that aren't bipedal humanoids. What would centaurs and nagas look like as a race in 13th Age? Nav is a custom race if I'm not mistaken, so what was the process in creating it?

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 19, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man that robot fight was great. A bit short, but still great. I'm just disappointed it didn't end with Margaret accepting that Giant Robots are in fact super cool. :colbert:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Skyridge posted:

I know this is off topic, but Poorweather's naga character in the 3.5 campaign made me think about other possible PC races that aren't bipedal humanoids. What would centaurs and nagas look like as a race in 13th Age? Nav is a custom race if I'm not mistaken, so what was the process in creating it?

Races in 13th Age are literally just a bonus move. People usually just take one of the ones from the book and apply it to their thing because they like that move, it's not a choice that's really bounded by mechanics.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

:siren: Session 72: She's Got Heart :siren:

With the Hand of Death safely secured in the Battlevan's collapsible vault, Bella leads the party to meet an old friend-- perhaps her oldest. Coloratura Canto, archaeologist, is on to the find of the age, but for a conniving Kudzu Contraption similar to that last seen in Forge's defense. Luckily, now some big drat heroes have arrived to help out. Elven history is learned and made herein.

UPDATE YOUR MOM CHARTS

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

how'd ValorCon go?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Fun fact: Battlevan's new MARTHA firmware takes its name in part from its brother program LAZARUS, which handles automatic functions on Necropolitan 13.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

dismas posted:

how'd ValorCon go?

It went good! I had a good time. More people showed up than Ironicus and I expected - we had a good 8 or 9 fans there. One of them even gave us gifts, which I was not at all expecting. Shout out to you, guy, you rule.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

General Ironicus posted:

Fun fact: Battlevan's new MARTHA firmware takes its name in part from its brother program LAZARUS, which handles automatic functions on Necropolitan 13.

Now what's THAT stand for. for that matter, what does T.H.A.T. stand for.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

top hat allocation table

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

ikks posted:

Now what's THAT stand for. for that matter, what does T.H.A.T. stand for.

Logistical Automation; Zestily Allocating Resources Under Stress

the oldest version was the Metronomic Array for Rhythmic Yahooism, an integral part of the design of Metallic Orb.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I can't wait for Rip to save the world the power of designer scorpions. "scorpion. For the more envemoned you."

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Half Update!

Glorantha Chat
This weekend's update is us having a great time with a 13th Age in Glorantha playtest, but first, Rob Heinsoo joins us to talk about the setting of Glorantha itself. How did it start? What sort of adventures do you have there? What games use it? What about it motivates people to buy massive encyclopedia volumes about a world that someone made up in the 70s? Get to know Glorantha and Rob now before hearing them subjected to our whole... thing.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

And here's the rest!

13G 1-1: The Clan of One
Guest GM Rob Heinsoo is here to tell a new story. In the wake of the Storm Ash clan’s destruction, chief-by-default Yorsar (Ironicus) and funeral director Vahrhei (Violet) head for the Lankor Mhy temple of scribes in Red Stead. They are spurred on by the troll farmer Loy (Gharbad)’s news of another possible survivor: Yorsar’s cousin, competitor to the chieftaincy. They are joined by a duck (Nate).

13G 1-2: Sorting the Chaos
The Storm Ash clan ventures into the horribly quiet Lankor Mhy temple in pursuit of the villainous Chaos creatures and sorcerers. However, these foes have made a terrible miscalculation in confronting such a scumbag Storm Bull. Light refreshments and discussion of 13th Age vs. D&D 4th Edition follow.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I didn't know anything about this setting, but I really liked it! It sort of scratches a Conan-y itch. And now I think I'm going to pick up King of Dragon Pass on GoG.

Also Nate-as-duck was pretttttty great. :tinsley:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Tricksters in this setting are just about the best thing there is. They're just awful unpredictable pains in the rear end and certifiably touched in the head in a multitude of ways, but they ooze magic and they're useful enough that someone in the clan will generally take responsibility for one because not having one around would probably be even worse.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

UPDATE TIME!

This week we bring you Ehdrigohr, a FATE Core game about the mythologies and histories of world cultures. It's a setting where people are pulled between tradition and necessity as unknown horrors lurk in the darkness. We are joined by Austin Walker, Ali Acampora, and Keith Carberry of Friends at the Table and Stream Friends fame. You may also know Austin from Giant Bomb or Keith from Run Button (or our earlier Ashen Stars session).

:siren: Ehdrigohr 1-1: Four Strangers Come to Town :siren:
An overconfident warrior, Jackdaw (Ikks). A promising herbalist, Ahnah (Ali). A skilled tinkerer, Ala'ka Dun (Austin). A problem solver, Oneraven Graspingclouds (Keith). What do they have in common? Very little, of course, which is why the one-of-a-kind travelling Wu town of Wander is so perfect a place to make friends, offend dignitaries, defend the downtrodden, and of course, advance water-based amusement technology. Ehdrigohr is a land of tumultuous peace and repulsive conflicts, but perhaps moreso today than ever.

:siren: Ehdrigohr 1-2: The Four Leave on a Journey :siren:
Tragedy begets tragedy, and the wave of invading Shivers is revealed to be a feint for a much darker and more powerful creature to snatch the youngest child from Wander. The four pursue the monster to its lair deep, deep in the most cursed corner of the swamp– and find that it is a foe they cannot possibly defeat.

:siren: Podchat: Diversity, Representation, and Inclusiveness in Games :siren:
Ironicus and Ikks of Six Feats Under are joined by Keith Carberry, Ali West, and Austin Walker of Friends at the Table to discuss a pressing issue in gaming culture and, in fact, culture. Discussion ranges from why such issues are vital to the few games that exemplify these virtues. We have a long way to go, so here comes Feats’ first-ever homework assignment: next time you join your friends at your table, keep these issues in mind and let them shape your experience.

As always, you can find links to everything we mention, including the many articles referenced in this podchat, in the big update on 13questions: http://13questions.tumblr.com/post/132518696463/ehdrigohr-with-friends-at-the-table

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Ehdrigohr and Glorantha are both the best. There was a duck, Gharbad got industry veteran Rob Heinsoo to call him a scumbag, and Keith and Austin invented water slides. Listen to them.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ikks posted:

Ehdrigohr and Glorantha are both the best. There was a duck, Gharbad got industry veteran Rob Heinsoo to call him a scumbag, and Keith and Austin invented water slides. Listen to them.

With Gharbad that's really an inevitability. :v:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Ehdrigohr sounds really interesting. I remember hearing about a few months ago and am always glad when Native American lore gets mixed into things.

Also I'm really glad for a Feats X Friends and hope there's more of that in the future. Ikks' and Kieth's back and forth was amazing. I do wish there was one or two more of the regular crew in this one. I'd love to have seen the Friends reaction to a Medibot, Panzer, Poorweather, or Gharbad character. That said, of course, 5 people was probably the right amount of folks for this game.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Cake is not candy

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Cake is, indeed, not candy.

Also I'm excited to hear the main crew will likely be heading to Horizon next. It'd be nifty to see/hear Claude and the Curios George team.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Those who know me know of my near fanatical devotion to 4th edition D&D. And to get one of its creators to yell "I'VE BEEN HOODWINKED" is one of my proudest moments in gaming.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The latest episode was fantastic. The physical challenge was one of the best parts of the whole podcast. :allears:

The final devil showing up was also really cool and I loved how cinematic everyone made their entrances into the battle. Although, it kinda makes me wish the River Devil had shown up more often as a reoccurring encounter whenever there was a break between arcs or whatever. Just like this constantly appearing midboss, who 's constant losses have filled it with violent hatred that has transformed it into an endgame worthy foe.

I'm looking forward to the fight.

HeadGrenade
Aug 7, 2013
Speaking of that episode that hasn't shown up in the thread yet, I don't think there was actually a siren warning system set up. I imagine it's just Rip on the roof, using his three most powerful magics: the soundfist, his remade instrument armor, and his ability to yell very, very loudly.

"HEY EVERYONE THE SHIELD IS GOING UP BE CAREFUL!"

Also the trailer/to be continued ending was fantastic. So pumped for the next encounter.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Well now that it's our most-discussed episode in this thread in quite some time, I guess I should share it here!

:siren: 13th Age 73: Our Most Physical Challenge Yet :siren:

Let us ponder what this title could possibly be referring to. Could it be literal-- the legendary Physical Challenge to which bad employee Roth is at last subjected? Could it be not-quite-so-literal-but-still-literal-- the backbreaking labor involved in draining the mysterious flooding of Equinox Manor? Or perhaps it is misspelled-- perhaps we now face the psychic-al challenge of confronting the enemy who hates us more than any other being in the Empire... Well, no, you're right, I think it's probably the first one.

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:
Great episode! So many awesome moments and T(h)rump even made an appearance :allears:

Avskum fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 18, 2015

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I have listened to the table talk before the main episodes a few times. It's not so much spoilers that makes it a weird order to put them in, as it is dramatic pacing.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

Well now that it's our most-discussed episode in this thread in quite some time, I guess I should share it here!

I honestly would like to see this thread more active, but I have no idea what to say myself without either going wildly off topic or being a white noise echo pit.

I guess I could talk a bit about my group's experiences in 13th Age through the text-only medium of IRC if anyone's interested.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I dont post much here but i follow the whole six feats under oeuvre compulsively - i should post more, but this is, as always, fantastic.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

A fair while ago kidcoelacanth visualized the Doc Smoulderboulder album art, and in doing so created the best song title ever: “I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS YELLING.” I’ve let far too many days pass without that song existing, so I had to record my own interpretation of the song. As I am not bluesy or even particularly adept at yelling I had to resort to my eternal musical plan B: clumsy vocal harmonies.
I'll... I'll see myself out.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Thylacinus posted:

A fair while ago kidcoelacanth visualized the Doc Smoulderboulder album art, and in doing so created the best song title ever: “I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS YELLING.” I’ve let far too many days pass without that song existing, so I had to record my own interpretation of the song. As I am not bluesy or even particularly adept at yelling I had to resort to my eternal musical plan B: clumsy vocal harmonies.
I'll... I'll see myself out.

This is incredible. Long live Doc Smoulderboulder.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yesssssssss

I love how you keep making the joke songs a reality. You're good people, Thylacinus.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Okay now Ambisagrus.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

biosterous posted:

yesssssssss

I love how you keep making the joke songs a reality. You're good people, Thylacinus.

don't forget: Thy also keeps making all the background music and jingles for 13a and others. Thy is GREAT people. I love them as much as I love yelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Time for an UPDATE!

:siren: Fellowship session 2: The Deaths of Bungo Bullroarer :siren:

The Fellowship failed. This won’t be an easy journey. Bungo Bullroarer has, to all accounts, fallen, and the remaining heroes drag themselves back to the ominous keep overlooking the recently-burnt town. There, they muster their courage and triumph over the Overlord’s remaining garrison and learn the first details of her plan. However, corruption now spreads to all four corners of the world. If the Fellowship doesn’t hurry, their quest will be over where it began. As dead as Bungo Bullroarer. Heh, heh.

As we say in the episode, Fellowship could go from a one-shot to a new campaign. What would you folks think about that?

• Locked thread