Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

1500 posted:

Oh so making a joke about them sleeping together is now "speculate at length" hahaha. I bet you write angry rants to the TV networks about how filthy and unclean they are.

Serph84 is getting way more crafty. It took me a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Warcabbit posted:

I was a substitute TA for prefirst and first in America without qualifications. (I was still in college) In practice, this meant I was the sole teacher for 23 four and five year olds for several months.

Yes, it was terrifying.

Australian schools don't have TA's too often, and if they do they're usually someone doing placement during their diploma or degree of education. High school science is pretty testing to teach, namely due to teenagers, and I really can't picture Sandi being the type to go into it ever, considering she'd need a whole other qualification than those she's stated and being a high school teacher isn't just like working at a Coles or Woolies (or Walmart for you US types) for a few months. An ex I lived with for a while was a high school biology teacher, it's really not just something you dabble in for a little bit and go, yeah nah I was pretty bad at that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nalin posted:

I downloaded the PTU. First attempt I crashed when loading into the map. Second attempt I got in. I ran to a table, jumped on top, and fell through the world. Then I crashed. That's my Star Citizen story.

PC gaming has been saved

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So did they ever say if SQ42 cutscenes were skippable?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Eonwe posted:

1. i dont care who you make fun of
2. what part of any of my posts implies im mad about anything

Someone buy Eonwe a new avatar so he can complain about that, tia.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The weird binary "It's perfect or it's a scam" of opinions is failing to address the actual reality here- it's not perfect, in fact it's quite loose for what it is, but it's obviously not a scam either. I hate doing one of those "Truth lies in the middle" wishy-washy bullshit copouts, but it's the objective reality here and I feel like that deserves some acknowledgement. CIG is quite incompetent and probably shouldn't be trusted with anyone's money, let alone millions from overhyped, lonely men in the throes of their midlife crises. I think it's still quite likely that they will fail before they finish the game, with layoffs and egos being the biggest contributors. But playing "God of the gaps" with a buggy release is a mug's game. Pointing out each bug in a test build even as they're fixed within 24 hours (as I predicted yesterday about the crash bug) just makes you look out of touch. There's still plenty to criticize, all over this project, but can we also just let go the "2.0 is never going out... okay it came out but it's unplayable... okay it's playable but-" argument? It's clear that within a couple months it'll be playable and rolled out to everyone, just as Arena Commander was.

It's still okay to hate Octopode though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So wait did Sandi get an acting role?

How soon until she quits CIG ?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This is a pretty poor nitpick. I've seen plenty of girls in "gently caress me" shoes and boots navigate and dance on hard floors pretty well. Most of the clubs that I go to have tile, wood, or even concrete flooring and I rarely see any women have an issue moving around on them. It probably hurts like hell.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Someone buy Eonwe a new avatar so he can complain about that, tia.

lmao, who are you even

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also I think its funny when people spend money on my avatars

i just wish they'd make them funny

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Like for real Derick was pretty wrong about 2.0 not having gun play and stuff. So I guess there is a chance still this might be a game now if they can get it to stop crashing and desyncing every 10 mins. That being said that's a pretty big deal still. As some one who is here for the comedy or a good game I feel like I have nothing to lose if it actually comes out and is decent at 60 bucks and I have to say lolish's post seem pretty reasonable in the light of what I have seen so far from 2.0. Here is hoping the space whales have another 90 million dollars to give so they have another 3 years to finish everything else haha.

Sarsapariller posted:

The weird binary "It's perfect or it's a scam" of opinions is failing to address the actual reality here- it's not perfect, in fact it's quite loose for what it is, but it's obviously not a scam either. I hate doing one of those "Truth lies in the middle" wishy-washy bullshit copouts, but it's the objective reality here and I feel like that deserves some acknowledgement. CIG is quite incompetent and probably shouldn't be trusted with anyone's money, let alone millions from overhyped, lonely men in the throes of their midlife crises. I think it's still quite likely that they will fail before they finish the game, with layoffs and egos being the biggest contributors. But playing "God of the gaps" with a buggy release is a mug's game. Pointing out each bug in a test build even as they're fixed within 24 hours (as I predicted yesterday about the crash bug) just makes you look out of touch. There's still plenty to criticize, all over this project, but can we also just let go the "2.0 is never going out... okay it came out but it's unplayable... okay it's playable but-" argument? It's clear that within a couple months it'll be playable and rolled out to everyone, just as Arena Commander was.

Same. Specially the hate octopode and karl though~

That being said it is crashing almost every 10 mins or less for a lot of people and that is a hilarious level of broken right now that most companies wouldn't dare put out yet so they are definitely feeling the heat from the refunds / Elite dangerous. What I don't understand is why they didn't show a video of some of this stuff even if it was pre recorded and cut up so you didn't see the crashes during the live stream. Even if its is just and empty as elite with cod shooting and 30-40 player instancing that still would be worth a few hours of dicking around imo even if its not the most perfect game in exsistance /save pc gaming and also an mmo at the same time. Even if the whole thing was run shady as hell and they mismanaged their money and treated their staff like crap it wouldn't be the first time either for a game if it does come out.

Also my god the animations for the gun play looks terrible still. The bobbing and stuff looks bad they should take a look at some of the more successful fps and mimic that at least instead of just using straight mo-cap stuff. Specially destiny's gun play you can say a lot of poo poo about that game but it's gun play is solid.

Vire fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 21, 2015

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

StarCitizen: a game that has been in development for four years with nearly unlimited funds. EARLY ACCESS $39.95 on Steam

10,371 Reviews, mostly negative. CtDs are cited as the main cause.

edit: The horrid UI and head-bob alone would make me do a refund request on steam.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

D_Smart posted:

Actually Nick, one of my devs from back in the past and who I regarded as a prodigy, just chimed in on Twitter. He's one of very few people who has had hands-on with my engine code base.

https://twitter.com/nvining/status/667835529900130305

D_Smart and Nicholas Vining know each other? How close were we to having Derek Smart's Dungeons of Dredmor 3000?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

NotSockAccount posted:

So, are you guys hoping that they don't release the game or just release the already crappy looking game?

I'd like to formally move the CIG hate goal posts and say that the real fun begins when star citizen finally gets released an people have to come face to face with whatever still born "game" CIG manages to vibrate out the door. At some point a lot of people are going to realize that SC doesn't live up to the near the infinite potential it had in their minds, and they have nothing to show for the $1000 / $5000 / $30000 they spent on a video game.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 21, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov posted:

StarCitizen: a game that has been in development for four years with nearly unlimited funds. EARLY ACCESS $39.95 on Steam

10,371 Reviews, mostly negative. CtDs are cited as the main cause.

edit: The horrid UI and head-bob alone would make me do a refund request on steam.
I don't know why this never occurred to me, but goons have been "interacting" (I guess) with a tiny percentage of the people who backed it: the hardcore users/addicts. Because we're hardcore trolls. I wonder what the other few-hundred-thousand people who backed it are thinking. I guess we're starting to find out.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

I don't know why this never occurred to me, but goons have been "interacting" (I guess) with a tiny percentage of the people who backed it: the hardcore users/addicts. Because we're hardcore trolls. I wonder what the other few-hundred-thousand people who backed it are thinking. I guess we're starting to find out.

The report about Steam is not true. I guess we'd just have to wait to see how people react once it updates. On the streams I've been seeing lots of questions about what is in and what isn't, but not a lot of commentary beyond 'how do I get in' and 'show me the FPS'

I'm watching http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor before bed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Steam thing was a hypothetical and a joke.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizens can't read:

Derek Smart posted:

As I tweeted this morning, this is done by going the (32-bit * 2) route, whereby you use a 32-Bit positional reference for that fixed object, then treat the player position as a 32-Bit value by using that fixed object as a reference.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

BOOM!

HEADSHOT!

I'M GAY!!!
wait... does wanting a sexual experience with eonwe make me gay?

i got my 2.0 invite today, btw

hey guys
this game is coming out, and it's going to be the best

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SharkTattoos posted:

The head bob still going on in a cockpit while flying that increases and decreases with speed is amazing.

hahahaha holy gently caress

in before you have a button to hold your breath to reduce weapon sway while you are piloting the ship

Toops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qAtqm4XUI

guys help me i'm questioning everything right now.

still no crosshairs lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mirificus posted:

Star Citizens can't read:

What part of it working flawlessly did he see?

The whole thing jutters and shakes and eventually crashes, there is nothing flawless about 2.0 lol

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

janssendalt posted:

hey guys
And I will give them my :20bux: :20bux: and be done with it.

Watching Chris Robert fund his movie dreams with tons of poor nerd's SSI funds on the other hand?

Chris :homebrew:
Me: :stonk:

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
e: blah blah this was dull; never not shitpost

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 21, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Octopode posted:

They released a patch today, that's why the game is actually playable for more than five minutes at a time now.

just lol

victory!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

janssendalt posted:

BOOM!

HEADSHOT!

I'M GAY!!!
wait... does wanting a sexual experience with eonwe make me gay?

i got my 2.0 invite today, btw

hey guys

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 21, 2015

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Still waiting on Refund 1.0

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sappo569 posted:

So wait did Sandi get an acting role?
She did! Given that she was sporting gangland neck tattoos it may be for that "feral viper" part she was tatted up for in RtV 15 or whatever it was... (Though she didn't say...)

quote:

How soon until she quits CIG ?
She won't! She'll just film several weeks worth of Sandi stuff for AtV in a couple days and not show up at work for a month while making fat bank.

I'm actually wondering why she'd admit it-- given that claims about her secretly pursuing an acting career while VP of Marketing for the biggest crowdfunded entity in the world were part of the many unflattering allegations of The Escapist article. Why corroborate the story that you claimed was a part of the anonymous hate campaign against you? It doesn't make much sense, least not from the cheap seats...

But more power to ya, Sandi-- don't let the haters keep you from pursuing your dream. If you can do it while still getting paid the huge bucks, you bloody owe it to yourself to try!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

G0RF posted:

She did! Given that she was sporting gangland neck tattoos it may be for that "feral viper" part she was tatted up for in RtV 15 or whatever it was... (Though she didn't say...)

She won't! She'll just film several weeks worth of Sandi stuff for AtV in a couple days and not show up at work for a month while making fat bank.

I'm actually wondering why she'd admit it-- given that claims about her secretly pursuing an acting career while VP of Marketing for the biggest crowdfunded entity in the world were part of the many unflattering allegations of The Escapist article. Why corroborate the story that you claimed was a part of the anonymous hate campaign against you? It doesn't make much sense, least not from the cheap seats...

But more power to ya, Sandi-- don't let the haters keep you from pursuing your dream. If you can do it while still getting paid the huge bucks, you bloody owe it to yourself to try!

Thanks friend

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
So it took like 3 years to make a messy demo

Lol

I can't wait for this thing to release and people realize they've spent thousands of dollars on a game that doesn't have anywhere near the features that were promised

Also the goon griefing will be glorious

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh look our director of marketing went on another movie audition on company time and money

Lol

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: Shitposts for Smart

fake e: Lol

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Someone please explain to sandy that she'll never get a leading part in a movie cause she's old and looks like rib kid when she smiles

"feral viper" aka raggedy lookin bitch sounds about right tho

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizen Lore - Audio version of Star Citizens Writer's Guide

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got a call today at the office. it was something like this:

You: (yes space nerd you) I'm an unique snowflake. I believe I can fly. I may never be a astronaut but f*** you I'm super cool at numbers and calculations.
Reality: Have you heard of EvE?
You: F*** EvE - If i haven't played for 10 years I totally can't fly a XXXX
Reality: Well, listen. We all agree. Eve can be a hard game to get into, but ya know give us a chance. (Google Permaband)
You: Screw you, my psyche test show I'm highly prone to manipulation. I wont be mislead by some Icelandic nerds
Reality: Listen, maybe online gaming isn't your thing. Have you maybe considered therapy or a support group.
You: GODDAMNIT, YOU GUYS XANADU IS REAL, IT'S NOT A CULT. LOOK WE HAVE SC 2.0c ITS AMAZING, THE DREAM, FULL IMMERSION, I BREATHE PU.

Reality: we all wanted a better game. it's not going to happen. Log the F back into EvE and STFU.

-=if you don't. Literally CCP Guard will eat your children or your future children. It has written, so mote it be=-

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
more like shart shitizen

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
im the multi million dollar fps in the space simulator game

why am I here

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Wyld posted:

Got a call today at the office. it was something like this:

You: (yes space nerd you) I'm an unique snowflake. I believe I can fly. I may never be a astronaut but f*** you I'm super cool at numbers and calculations.
Reality: Have you heard of EvE?
You: F*** EvE - If i haven't played for 10 years I totally can't fly a XXXX
Reality: Well, listen. We all agree. Eve can be a hard game to get into, but ya know give us a chance. (Google Permaband)
You: Screw you, my psyche test show I'm highly prone to manipulation. I wont be mislead by some Icelandic nerds
Reality: Listen, maybe online gaming isn't your thing. Have you maybe considered therapy or a support group.
You: GODDAMNIT, YOU GUYS XANADU IS REAL, IT'S NOT A CULT. LOOK WE HAVE SC 2.0c ITS AMAZING, THE DREAM, FULL IMMERSION, I BREATHE PU.

Reality: we all wanted a better game. it's not going to happen. Log the F back into EvE and STFU.

-=if you don't. Literally CCP Guard will eat your children or your future children. It has written, so mote it be=-

What the gently caress

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jimb posted:

What the gently caress

Summed up 474+ pages for ya.. yer welcome

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Derek when are u gonna hate gently caress CIG with your litigating cock of justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Romes128 posted:

So it took like 3 years to make a messy demo

Lol

I can't wait for this thing to release and people realize they've spent thousands of dollars on a game that doesn't have anywhere near the features that were promised

That's an insult to demos, even with the qualifier “messy”.

Jimb posted:

What the gently caress

For reference.

• Locked thread