Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Lets bring Tudiya the foreskins of 50 giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Let's make a cape out of the foreskins of First and Second.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TK-42-1 posted:

Let's make a cape out of the foreskins of First and Second.

How about special hats for all of our Balls.

Are there hats in Ur, Diog? There ought to be.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Waci posted:

What if the necklaces in addition to holding their souls in also houses their well-like accessible part of it, and losing that causes them to deteriorate into the dumb brute giants in the same way as our well emptying would cause us to become a hunger demon?

Now that's an interesting idea!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

"He was not wrought by Gebeb, but made by one of the others with a..." he looks rather embarrassed at this "...female. They are made to serve and do tasks others do not wish to do. I sit in Gebeb lower than all but they."

Does he mean a female human or a female giant?
If he means female human (Cattle for them) does that mean Yoseph from their point of view is technically a Minotaur?
Ask him to clarify.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 27, 2015

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

ask him if he knows: labaras, enkidu, asherak, dragoom, quetzl, leviathan, ogar, zepa, the orm

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I think we should go back to the far altar to sacrifice. We're obviously adding +holy to that place every time we do it, and bad poo poo started to happen last time we tried anywhere near here.

Diog: Do we feel it would be bad if we left this place right now?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
No no no, he won't die if the soulstone is removed. That's a lie they're told so they don't lose the things. Given how we feel hungry around them it's obvious the souls are what gebeb really wants to eat, not just the body. So in the event of accidental death gebeb don't miss out on that sweet sweet soul. The first and second being capable of coming back from death and resisting the stones probably have theirs just for appearances.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
When we are digging and getting close to the soulstones, don't let Goliath dig the last bit..

Just in case.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tsyni posted:

How about special hats for all of our Balls.

Are there hats in Ur, Diog? There ought to be.

If we make hats for our Balls, they should be made from the scrotes of our enemies imo.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
It's Balls of Labaras, not Balls of Random Monsters. The scrotehats should be made from only the finest foreskins of great heroes, and worn with reverence and pride.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Whether or not the giant Goliath has spoken the truth to you about... anything, it is clearly quite afraid of you. That is true enough. You conjured fire and Nahari demonstrated superhuman strength, things that cattle men... simply cannot do. On top of you know, Gebek being destroyed, First and Second being killed as well as Gebeb(or so he thinks).

You tell Goliath that for now he will serve you and aid you until you take him to... meet El who will pass judgment upon him. Goliath, twice your size places his hands together and bows his head slightly "Praise be to his name! All I have promised I shall do! You shall see!" The giant walks towards you and Nahari levels his spear. Goliath stops. Nahari looks to you and says "Where is it going?"

We are taking it with us. For now. To dig through the rubble and to dig it for information as well. If it survives the next sacrifice to El? We shall see.

Nahari lowers his spear, you have made your will clear. You rejoin the rest of your Balls who have begun to dig out the chambers where First and Second are buried. They are a little surprised when you bring a giant captive to help you dig but none speak a word against it. Even prior to this trip you are well known to speak with the Melachim and given the fact your recent actions have garnered obvious divine intervention... twice, obviously you know what is best in such matters.

It is going to take some time to dig out the ox-demons. You, Uriah, Nahari, Ithma, Goliath and Paebel climb your way up through the rubble to the second floor of Gebeb's home, Goliath comments "Never dared I dream such a glorious day would come to pass!" You catch his eyes on the sealed doorway to Gebeb's chamber, yet he does not stop or say a word.

When you reach the entrance to the vault you ask Goliath if it is trapped. He tells you "I do not know, but I do not think so. Gebeb slept nearby (and now sleeps forever, praise be until El!) I think the rock was just to keep away his more curious slaves."

A massive disc sits in front of the doorway. It is large and weighs a great deal, but you and your Mighty Man are more than up to it, let alone with the aid of a giant. The five of you begin to push...

Hnnnnnng!

It does not budge.

You place your hands on the door for a moment. It has a very, very faint presence. You expend a very trivial amount of [???]

Click

You, your men and your new twenty foot tall slave push the heavy stone aside.

Skulls. Inside of the cavernous chamber are stone-shelves with giant-sized shelves with many skulls made of amber upon them. A few might... possibly be the size of a very large man, but most of them are larger.

They look to be made of topaz... or so you would have thought, but it looks like the rock Goliath showed you, amber? Some of them have a very faint presence, most of them do not.

You see bins filled with several thousand pounds of raw, uncut amber.

You find a bin filled with hundreds of the giant-stones. No, they are the same size but made of amber. None of them have a presence.

You see a very large and menacing looking club... or is it a mace? It is made of the black metal which Goliath told you was iron. Chunks of amber are set into it. It has a Presence. It is... very, very large. Larger than the greatsword you used as a club to fight one of the ox-demons. Amok slept with his weapons close at hand, as did First and Second. Is this one of Gebeb's spare weapons, with his preferred weapons in his chamber? You could... possibly drag it back with you all the way to Zepath, but it would be quite a burden indeed and would require you or one of your Mighty Men to drag it for months. Such a tiring task would drain [???] from sustained effort.

You find a large clay jar filled with gold coins and three others more filled with silver coins. This is a... substantial amount of wealth. Giant-sized jewelry is mixed among the coins. You feel something in the jar filled with gold and so you search through it. One piece of jewelry catches your eye.

A necklace made of gold, blue beads and some kind of blue gemstone you do not recognize. Unlike the other jewelry, it is not giant-sized. It would fit a man, a large man, but a man, it is too small for a giant.

You find a number of clay cylindrical vessels similar to the ones you found in the (shrine?). Within them are scrolls. You ask Goliath to read one to you, it is not written in blood. He does so and tells you "It is a bill of sale." He opens another one at your instructions "This one as well." He opens another, which is written in a red ink which very well may be blood, Goliath says "This one describes the stars and their movements."

One clay pot is filled with nothing but teeth, most of them are fangs, you don't recognize the animal they come from but it seems to be more than one kind of animals? Another clay pot is filled with... preserved, dried lizards, each about a foot long? You don't recognize them either.

You have found great riches. Tremendous enough that bringing them all back is going to be... problematic. But you can figure that out later. For now, you have the stones of the ox-demons First and Second to dig up! You and your men dig. After about an hour and a half, you are close. It is still night. You can feel where the stones are. When you get close to it, you have Goliath moved away, guarded by Nahari and two of your other Balls. When you lift the final piece of rubble your eyes are filled with delight as you finally see it!

A small, perfectly cylindrical and smooth stone, a strange yellow light dances within. Small, but filled with such promise! The moment you touch the stone your entire body quivers in anticipation in a most pleasurable way! You lift the stone towards your mouth and...

1. And...
A. ...and what? I eat it, obviously. This... is what I need. Everything will be good, better, in just a moment... I have fought a glorious battle and now time for my reward!
B. Eat it. I don't need anything else... this, this is all I need.
C. Lick it... just a lick... a taste...
D. A nibble... just a tiny nibble...
E. Just put... the tip, just the tip into your mouth, to see what it is like. That will be enough.

F. Something else. Fill in.

Next update in the morning.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

One of our players made a wiki about the game: http://sa-diogines.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_Lost_CYOA_Wiki It has various bits of information, some of it is spot on, other bits are very wrong. If you find it difficult to keep track of the growing number of names and places in our game, the wiki has a good list.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 28, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
F: Praise El! Just what we need for the sacrifice later. Give them to Uriah and tell him to keep them safe until we get back to the sanctified spot some two hours away. But for now, more looting!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
F: A little willpower, please, Enkidel. Just put it in the bag with the rest of 'em.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
F. Just drop it, and have someone else pick it up and its twin. Nothing fancy, just drop it and don't eat the poor human souls. We'll sacrifice them later.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
F. No.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
F. Put it in our pocket to sacrifice later. We are not a mindless beast that devours the souls of men.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
F: I resist. This should clearly be sacrificed to El

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
F. Save the stone for a sacrifice to El.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

F: Praise El! Just what we need for the sacrifice later. Give them to Uriah and tell him to keep them safe until we get back to the sanctified spot some two hours away. But for now, more looting!

yup

So I wanna put the mace in our trophy room but it seems like that'd drain us, guess we'll have to make do with some amber skulls

Anything not of humans and we don't take we must sacrifice, if only to deny them to the enemy

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

yup

So I wanna put the mace in our trophy room but it seems like that'd drain us, guess we'll have to make do with some amber skulls
You once walked far into the wilderness with your armor on.

That drained your [???]. From the effort of lugging it along.

That was years ago. This is precisely the same issue. Lugging that thing across hundreds of miles will be tiring. You could do it, but it will steadily drain [???] by small amounts.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

This Let Uriah hold it for the sacrifice later

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

This.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT IT EAT ATEIDAD ADFZFVZXCV

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

How viable is fighting with the greatswords from First & Second? Might have a club upgrade!

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

This

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Obscil posted:

F. Save the stone for a sacrifice to El.

This.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

How viable is fighting with the greatswords from First & Second? Might have a club upgrade!
They are smaller.

But present the same issue.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
We could have Uriah lug the mace, but ... it's just not worth it. As awesome as it would be, as a weapon or as a trophy, we have our own super-club for the future, and it's just too big a problem to be carrying all the way back, unless we find some special way to return.

Money's cool. Amber skulls ... maybe. I'm interested in that necklace, if it's something taken from some killed human hero or something, it could even be alright for us to benefit from, as opposed to it being some sorcerous artifact that would need to be sacrificed.

As for the actual vote:

F. Drop it. Have Uriah pick it up.

I think dropping it might actually be crucial. All of our non-write in votes involve eating it, that's practically unprecedented: Enkidel wants to eat this thing on an essential level that we as voters almost have no say in, this could end up being something that screws us no matter what we vote. We need to not be holding this thing.

Or we could just eat it.

Hoping that the will-power we show in resisting this thing gains us some credit with El or the Watchers or whoever. Come on guys, this is tough.

Also, thank you Diog for structuring that update in a way that just did all the sensible things a reasonable person would have done. I hadn't been looking forward to another vote for whether or not we have someone guard Goliath when the stones were uncovered, for example.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

As an aside, I'll note that Goliath thinks of gods as people, with physical forms. He may or may not have viewed Gebeb as a god (should have asked about that), but he certainly considers this Pantokrator a god, and he's got an actual body. Odds are that while he's praising the gently caress out of El, he's also imagining El to be some big buff dude standing around waiting with the rest of the invasion force, ready to personally kick rear end at some point. That's who he's probably imagining who he'll need to pay homage to.

The idea of El being an incorporeal, all-seeing, all-powerful god ought to be a bit of a mindfuck for him.

Edit:

On the subject of the necklace, something I'd like to point out here, from the ruins of Amalek:

Diogines posted:

Right at the top of the staircase, where you have broken through, you see the remains of a man in ancient tarnished armor. The armor looks to be bronze and is broken in many places, though if from time or something else is unclear? The armor is a mess but has many artful and ornate features to it, it looks like it was once rather beautiful and expensive. It has superior coverage to the sort of armor you wear but is similar in style. It has no Presence. The man is about seven feet tall, only bones remain in the armor, you note five fingers on the hands. A silver ring with some kind of unreadable inscription is on one of the fingers, it reminds you vaguely of a signet ring, the end is wide enough for one and the markings raised such that it would made a good impression on clay? A gold necklace lay around its neck with a small blue stone at the end. It has no Presence, there is chipped paint on it, it looks like a small ball of clay?

It's not QUITE the same material, but there's a similar blue/gold motif going on there. Possibly significant?

Tomn fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 28, 2015

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The necklace makes me think of the dude on the steps in Amalek.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
F.Resist this is a sacrifice for EL

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

we should lug the weapons to the altar and sacrifice them too. They will probably also release ??? back to team El when they burn.

edit: Oh and ffs Enkidel F, Show some restraint and save them for El. No eating or tasting of any kind.

Rahul fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 28, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Drop it.

Part of me wonders if we'd go insane if we ate it while not on the brink of death. Maybe we'd be just fine after all! Better, even!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Rahul posted:

we should lug the weapons to the altar and sacrifice them too. They will probably also release ??? back to team El when they burn

We should sacrifice everything we do not take.

I bet Indor would like some amber

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

At some point Tsyni's going to come back and look at all these votes and shake his drat head.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diog does the filled giant stone color remind us of amber? Do the dead giant spirits we see have that color?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
As much as i want to know what happens if we eat it I think this could be a bad idea. F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Also was the door opening more like Amok's door or our Mighty TK?