Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I've listened to that all the way through twice now. I should probably take a break from everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Io_ posted:

Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

You're winner.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Beet Wagon posted:

I've listened to that all the way through twice now. I should probably take a break from everything.

I dunno, you're probably ready to take on the world right now. What could possibly get you down after that?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I dunno, you're probably ready to take on the world right now. What could possibly get you down after that?

SC hitting 100mill.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'd like to thank Eonwe for creating this posting moment. I wasn't sure about posting that video 100%, but I remembered to always follow your shitposting star and now here we are.

Yw friend

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The fact that I have a fuckload of math homework to do right now, probably.

Instead I'm going to write a very longwinded blog detailing the many reasons why everyone should attend the next Taylor Swift concert in their area. I'll post it as soon as it clears Legal.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

write a very longwinded blog

How many words can you use to to describe her as a songstress for the ages with the voice of an angel?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

How many hours till the newly modified sale cutoff time?

Words to get yourself fired "Hey Chris, do you want me to update the site to turn the sale off?".

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
That's a weird post.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, that's a frighteningly defensive post.

Beer is right to call out Sandi on the harm her marketing strategy for SC is likely to cause. Despite how heavily defended Matilda is against very idea that this could happen, that's a really rather intense post to try to convince everyone that this could never possibly be a problem and you have to wonder why it's touched such a nerve.

I imagine there's a direct relation between the instability of an individual and the lengths they're willing to go to to defend the donations they've made to this project. Matilda seems to have quite the obsession in this regard.

Maybe she isn't the sort of person who is in danger of suicide in particular, but the madness is really there in that post, bubbling under the surface.

To anyone getting extremely angry that people are discussing the psychological impact of SC failing - in the kindest possible way, I suggest that you consider why you have such a strong reaction to that topic. Make sure that if SC fails, you're going to be OK with that - even if you don't think it's going to happen.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 30, 2015

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Matilda's husband has problems with drugs and alcohol. That sucks.[/url]

Hmm...

???

!!!

It's all falling into place now...

:tinfoil:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

How many words can you use to to describe her as a songstress for the ages with the voice of an angel?

I'm sure I could find a way to use most of the words that exist to extoll the virtues of Ms. Swift and describe the various ways going to one of her concerts will improve you as a person and probably cure at least some of your diseases. So it really depends on how many words there are, is what I'm trying to say I guess.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
The cast for SQ 42 has increased a lot on IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

quote:

Mark Hamill Lt Cdr Steve 'Old Man' Colton
Gillian Anderson
Rhona Mitra
Gary Oldman Admiral Bishop
Andy Serkis
Mark Strong
Ben Mendelsohn
John Rhys-Davies
Jack Huston
Liam Cunningham
Eleanor Matsuura
Harry Treadaway
Craig Fairbrass
Sophie Wu
Joseph Millson
Richard Brake
Gemma Whelan
Silas Carson
Jonathan Bailey
Stephen Wight
Malachi Kirby
Andrea Deck
Peter Campion
Ben Peel
Daniel Ings
Kezia Burrows
Jane Perry
Steven Hartley
Sandi Gardiner
Neil McDermott
Cesare Taurasi
Parker Sawyers
Arkie Reece
Ian Duncan
Neil Grainger
Mark Caven Gunnery Officer
Daniel Ben Zenou
Charlie Anson
Alexia Traverse-Healy
Glenn Wrage
Philip Bulcock
Matthew Jure
Peter Silverleaf
Will Rastall
Elsie Bennett
Polly Eachus
Alix Martin Anvil Aerospace A.I. (voice)
Leemore Marrett Jr.
Stephen Bisland
Idris Damon
Cary Crankson
Patrice Maiambana

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 30, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm gonna laugh so hard when it turns out Beer was Sandi Gardiner all along.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

…or the opposite. Poor Chris. :aaa:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
omg the fps movie will be out soon!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:frogsiren: Trigger warning: Karl effortpost :frogsiren:

:iamafag: THE KARL SUMMARY
:razz:

Karl_Ramseier - Investment: gifted package, $[polo shirt]

Karl_Ramseier posted:

if I am a true believer SC has bigger problems than DS
:eyepop:

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I am working at a company with 3 major offices in Germany (hence my bad English) one in China and one in USA. All together we are 400 employees. We are a service provider for certifications and exceptional well paid.
Thank you Karl, for servicing those certifications and exceptional! :patriot:

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Regarding my investment:
0$. My packages are still gifted from my brother in law, but he is a concierge backer and I have access to his account. Likewise his twitter account. And vice versa. I wouldn't have a problem to "admit" anything. I paid 120E for ED, 50 for Battletech, Divinity 50€, Aquanox 50€. So one could say I love kickstarter projects.
I would have pledged a constellation package, but I got a nice birthday present, so no need to invest any money, end of story.
Whoa there, that's gotta complicate things. Why the hell would you give access to and share a $5000 $0 SC account, in addition to your loving twitter? Never mind, that's our Karl I guess.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I do not have any twitter accounts besides https://twitter.com/raess2009 . But hell YOU ARE CREEPY
Karl Ramseier was a running gag by a Saturday late night show back in the 90ties here in Germany.
That's almost correct. Apparently the name is Karl Ranseier. But I'm sure that particular spelling error and the NameYear account name convention is common among SC spergs.
Also, on behalf of I-forgot-which-goon, thank you Karl! YOU ARE CREEPY AS WELL

Above Twitter account name is very similar, but in no way related, to:

Raess2014 - Investment: SPACE MARSHAL, $5000+

Raess2014 (Brown Sea) posted:

Just want to say hello and leave my comment on pvp here, so let me introduce myself a bit:
35 years old player. Started with lineage 2 and played nearly every mmo after the release of L2 (for a short period of time though) you could imagine.
That would be since 2003, the year Lineage 2 released. Nearly every MMO since then would make a fairly daunting list.

Raess2014 (Brown Sea) posted:

Me myself studied biology and earned my doctorate degree in tumour and HIV/HCV research, was regulatory affairs manager, project manager and quality assurance manager in some small to SME companies and currently working as an auditor for medical devices which gives me deep insight in many development processes, how a company works incl. funidng, how management work and so on.
Thankfully, we all benefit from Karl's Raess2014's generous sharing of his deep insight, particularly concerning psychology and... no wait that's... Karl? I think? Or is it:

Matilda2014 - Investment unknown, self-proclaimed whale

Matilda2014 (Reddit) posted:

My husband said, if I married someone on the internet he wants to know :-D. Sorry for my bad English though. To make that clear: I am not wulf's wife.
:eyepop: Thanks, Matilda, for clearing that up! I wouldn't want you to figure in my daily Wulge-featured fap sessions :awesome:

Your witness even hugged wulf after the whole story because she was "drunk". Would you hug someone who sexually harrassed your friend? Sareed, I worked 4 years with sexual harrassed women, helped them to overcome this. Not a single one of those posted or forwarded the pics to friends and whatnot and then didn't went to the police.
Now now Matilda, that's hardly fair. After you worked "sexual harassed" women over for four years, I wouldn't expect any of them ever to be capable of human contact again.

My husband can post my as many dick pics he want. If I would flirt with someone on the Internet and as the mail suggests even ask for such a pic, you can hardly call sending the pic sexual harassment. If wulf misunderstood the girl regarding her intentions what was the answer to him?
I think we can safely put the suggestion that Matilda and Karl are the same person to rest here. No man trying to impersonate a woman would ever write something so mindbogglingly stupid, unless they literally haven't met a woman, like ever. So, check and mate, goons :smuggo:

" posted:

Matilda2014 (Reddit)"]Like you can see on my profile I am an auditor currently working for the TÜV in Germany. My department is monitoring companies producing medical devices (including software) and also investigating if anything unusual is going on (consumer fraud, fakes, CE mark misuse and so on). (...) You might ask yourself why I am interested in this case in the first place, here is why: I am a backer of many games like SC, into the stars, Divinity 2, battletech (29.09.!!) and so on and so on. Let's say I am mildly interested in SC, I like to watch all the video stuff regarding game development on the CIG page during my business travels and I am excited about a Wing Commander VI like game, reminds me of my youth, but I wouldn’t call me a fanboy at all.
No, that would just be silly! You're just a cheerful gal, hanging 'round /r/dereksmart, effortposting about suicide to the delight of all: in short, living the life!

As I said I work as an auditor but my journey began with studying sciences (PhD in biology field: immunology, virology, genetics and cell biology, second field physics). That is very important if it comes to my work as an auditor and how I evaluate data and to the casa DS vs. SC: Normally to analyse a (scientific) publication, a statement, contract or anything else written I copy it over to MSword and perform the following process(...)
Hey I think I read that-

My dad is also a "whale" and We can share resources and help each other. He is away on an audit atm but will send you an email later this weekend. Should be on a plane now.
wait-

Matilda2014 (Reddit)" posted:

I know from my dad's work (he is an auditor) that customer satisfaction around 93-95% is top notch. Even 90% would be OK for this project given the scope and the complexity of everything in special the crowdfunding character and the delays that come with software development. So we are talking about 40 to 85k unsatisfied customers but we have round about 2500. And this shithead wants to tear the whole project down?(...)
...uh-huh. I'm going to go right ahead and not try to make sense of your arithmetic there, you lost me way, way back there.

Karl, I know you read this. I'ma need your help clearing this up once and for all. Please, help a fellow goon out here.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Speaking of wildly accusing goons of being Sandi Gardiner alts, if you get bored waiting for Star Citizen to come out, you should get this game.

Fair warning: it requires you to have actual human friends, but you'll end up hating them by the end of the night.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Man the billing on that is slightly different compared to what CIG put out...

Sandi Gardiner in CIG Billing Order: #5
Sandi Gardiner in IMDb STARmeter Order: #29

:drat:

Beet Wagon posted:

It's true.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The saddest thing of all is a post by Raess2014 on the Brown Sea, dated October 8th. Sadly it's been deleted, but the following words can still be found by sifting through the comments summary of his account page:

Raess2014 posted:

I actually have a theory that Beer's account has been hijacked by someone. He used to make extremely rational and well-reasoned posts, but lately he's been spouting crazy talk. His posts have been conspiratorial, assumptive, and sometimes simpl…
And that's all that remains. Beer, this man's trust, and possibly sanity, falls upon your conscience.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The saddest thing of all is a post by Raess2014 on the Brown Sea, dated October 8th. Sadly it's been deleted, but the following words can still be found by sifting through the comments summary of his account page:

And that's all that remains. Beer, this man's trust, and possibly sanity, falls upon your conscience.

I'm strangely comfortable with that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So how will they blame the games failure (either to be released, or being released but sucking)/suicides on goons? You know many will.

I guess the game failing to come out could be because we sabotaged production with our negative views that led to negative press? Perhaps CIG didn't get the funding they needed because we got lots of people to get refunds?

I'm not sure how actual suicides could be our fault, but after reading some of the angry posts I suppose there is some leap of logic I just don't see.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It makes perfect sense once you think about it.

When Wingman got replaced with Sandi and Ben there were a ton of posts on the forums about how people hated her and wanted her off the "show" and poo poo. As her role in selling JPEGs increased, the amount of support she got from the community remained pretty baseline, UNTIL she started getting "bullied" by goons, and according to her ardent supporters mainly by Beer. Now she has the undying support of a bunch of spergs who were nearly moved to tears by her dumb Citcon speech.

If you were in her position at the beginning of all this, why wouldn't you burn one of your longtime alt accounts (which up until then was conveniently used to pump up SC, I'll remind you) to generate a little sympathy from the group of people you're so deperately trying to appeal to (and sell jpegs to)? Sure, you lose out on one source of good publicity, but not only do you garner support from the community, you can now create another series of alt accounts that will fulfill the role your burned account used to AND defend you while they are at it! It's the perfect play, from a propaganda perspective. And it explains how she's able to react to posts in the SA star citizen threads so quickly - half the time she's the one making them.

It's the long con...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

So how will they blame the games failure (either to be released, or being released but sucking)/suicides on goons? You know many will.

I guess the game failing to come out could be because we sabotaged production with our negative views that led to negative press? Perhaps CIG didn't get the funding they needed because we got lots of people to get refunds?

I'm not sure how actual suicides could be our fault, but after reading some of the angry posts I suppose there is some leap of logic I just don't see.

A lot of shitizens identify so strongly with their non-game that making fun of it amounts to literal bullying. Here, have some internet stating that bullying leads to suicide.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

It will all come down to magical thinking and huwting peepews feewings.

"How far would you get making a game if you had an entire hate campaign breathing down your neck criticizing your every move? Maybe if they had some positivity things would have worked out fine :qq:"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
More balls.

quote:

Sid alpha. Go ask him. Derek hadn't the balls. By now I doubt that Sid would want an interview with this mentally troubled person.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3uwa57/oh_god_what_have_i_become/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

More balls.
Every lousy poker player has a "tell". Sandi's is "balls".

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Just go with it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

quote:

quote:
We're nearly there guys. If anyone had told me on the day of the kickstarter that CIG would raise $100M... heh, I would have called them a nutter.

But the really crazy part? We did this with around a million people. Not millions - a million. At a time in the gaming industry when we challenge the value of any title that dares to push its retail price beyond $60 on the back of traditional publishing, we've on average pledged just shy of $100 each - on the back of a promise and the sweat of a few hundred devs. They've shown it's possible, more money won't guarantee this thing takes off, but gently caress me if this isn't the most inspirational "Icarus tale" I've ever had the privilege of being a small part of.

Thank you guys, you're making my dream game come true too.

lol icarus

Wait for it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

Pledging for ships now fulfills several purposes: ...2) I can watch ALL the content without guilt and knowing that I'm contributing (subscriber)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3uu9oa/the_dilemma_to_get_it_in_game_or_not/

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I'm waiting for Peter to weigh in and render judgment on this mystery.

LOL!! Must resist urge to go Tweet that. :p

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Is Derek having a stroke? He's not making any sense.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Is Derek having a stroke? He's not making any sense.

Naw he's a codetalker

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

So you're saying you got all of the defendant's data without them going though it for privilege first? You got personal info, attorney-client communication, extraneous trade secrets, etc.. and the judge was like, what's privilege, cool man, whatever.

What I'm saying is specifically in my missive. Here, let me post it again.

quote:

That's obvious. But thanks for educating those who have never been involved in lawsuits before.

That would depend on a specific cause of action in the complaint and whether or not the judge lets it stand. If there is a defamation or similar cause of action, it's all covered under cause.

And I never said anything about suing over a ToS being the reason for this request. You did.

False.

I have done it twice. I know of several lawsuits in which they have been done. In fact, practically every big case you read online and in which material was disclosed, obtained this information from this sort of reveal, and not discovery (which is prone to shenanigans) whereby you ask nicely and hope they provide the material requested, don't taint the evidence etc.

False.

I have been involved in two lawsuits between 2010 and 2012 in which we (my attorneys) filed for it, the judge granted it. Then the attorneys sent in a third-party (Asset Control, Inc) to do it. They had a judge signed sub-poena. They went to the party, got it all done etc. They billed the attorneys, who paid for it, then billed my retainer account.

False.

The attorneys got to see it first, filtered through what they needed, then provided me (and the court) with the pertinent data.

The only correction is that I've been involved in three, not two, lawsuits during the period stated. One of them was just a rehash of the original one in which we (myself and other investors) were accused of violating the settlement (in which that party's shares were purchased) agreement in the first lawsuit by "talking" about it. heh. Both (the other party initiated both) went nowhere and were just a waste of time and legal bills.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
When roughly is the next blog Derek? Note I'm not asking what it's about, just when do you think something funny might happen and you'll make a blogpost about it?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

When roughly is the next blog Derek? Note I'm not asking what it's about, just when do you think something funny might happen and you'll make a blogpost about it?

2 week, duh.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I had a missive once, but then my wife found out and divorced me.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

Sale ends today unless they forget. I'm not expecting any major changes to AC 2.0 this year, they'll be focusing on bug fixing while the top brass plans the media interviews for breaking 100 million.

Then they have two weeks off, possibly Austin moves location and people leave but we might not hear anything about that till January. Derek Smart might do something epic and legal but this is Star Citizen so don't get your hopes up. They might have a small sale around the time 2.0 ships to live servers and/or a new LTI ship sale in December.

Apart from that there's likely to be gently caress all happening so Karl is just going to have to pick up some of the slack and provide some entertainment.

The bolded part is a good summary of Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Je suis Matilda.

• Locked thread