Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The classic case of "Oh look! An idiot out in the wild"

I specifically linked the article because a) I knew who wrote it b) it was to point out that it could be done, in the CryEngine editor - and that non other than Sean had actually written a tutorial on specifically that c) that they were now passing something that was already old and previously done, as something new and ground-breaking.

I don't know wtf he's going on about DX12 and 64-Bit, since they are two completely different things. But he's an idiot; so nothing he says is supposed to make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Lowtechs posted:

Dang Gryphon0468 just did a bunch of spergposts. Gryphon0468 I am trying to understand you so enlighten me more about yourself.

Well he wants to rubber your clit for starters

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Well planetside 2 doesnt have real physics you see

Once Planetside 2 introduces consensual PvP flagging system, then his ratio will finally match his elite skill. Most of his deaths are just from griefers while he's trying to look for bugs.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Same Daniel Simons?

https://disqus.com/by/danielstarksimons/

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AP posted:

Does planetside 2 use some strange system to calculate kill/death ratio? How could your kills be less than your deaths if you'd played it for ages?

Griefers.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bait and Swatch posted:

please tell me this is real and then please tell me what birth defect causes the wind to be able to blow the top and bottom of your head around like some hosed up flag

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bait and Swatch posted:

LOL

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Quite the catch

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Bait and Swatch posted:

Hey are you drunk? Because seriously what?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Using that name you can find his facebook account and get to see what he looks like. Everything checks out... location, job etc.

lol

e: and no, the photo posted above isn't him.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

please tell me this is real and then please tell me what birth defect causes the wind to be able to blow the top and bottom of your head around like some hosed up flag

Fake and everyone stop using his real name.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

Using that name you can find his facebook account and get to see what he looks like. Everything checks out... location, job etc.

lol

e: and no, the photo posted above isn't him.

Eek looks like it could be him.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
100% an enemy of decency and good taste

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuzzknot posted:

. . . Lol. Did that thread get ANYTHING right?

ofc not. That would imply that the wankers parked there, are actually sane.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
All of Gryphon's (Daniel's) social media is flooded with Star Citizen poo poo. Does he do anything else with his life? He's not even getting paid to shill this dumb scam.

Get a life you creepy gently caress.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Marching Powder posted:

Could be him, we'll need gryphon to confirm/deny next time he swings through

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Bait and Swatch posted:

rub my clit... yea, ok cupid

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DaGryphon0123456789 please come back.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Rad Russian posted:

All of Gryphon's (Daniel's) social media is flooded with Star Citizen poo poo. Does he do anything else with his life? He's not even getting paid to shill this dumb scam.

Get a life you creepy gently caress.

Remember, this is the dude who said typing things into search engines wasn't stalking or anything creepy, so no one feel bad about doing this.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

2DCAT posted:

Remember, this is the dude who said typing things into search engines wasn't stalking or anything creepy, so no one feel bad about doing this.

^This. He left the trail wide open, and he already said it was fair game to do this.

e: also that vvvv

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's like gryphon has decided the best way to get back at goons for making fun of SC is shitposting. It's going to be interesting when he realizes that he's actually become one of us through shitposting.

When No Man Sky comes out and it's poo poo he'll start blasting it in the SA thread and before he knows it he'll have become that which he hated the most.

Join the Dark Side, give in to the hate and the anger, put on the mask and become Derek Gryphon.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lol at everything about this.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

So they've hacked together what an amateur modder would refer to as a "trick", and called it a game. This will end well.

Yes. The entire "game" - right now - is one glorified CryEngine3 mod.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

D_Smart posted:

Yes. The entire "game" - right now - is one glorified CryEngine3 mod.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a doom 3 mod? Even the gun looks doom 3, as do the corridors and lighting.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
The Freelancer is actually pretty nice, except for the complete and total lack of lead/lag pips on the guns and... well, most of the displays don't work.

But it flies well, and seriously, two good hits make hornets explode. Got four people into it, had fun till someone clipped a station.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a doom 3 mod? Even the gun looks doom 3, as do the corridors and lighting.

Every time you log into Star Citizen is like walking into that bathroom in Doom 3, that is for sure.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Can confirm. You can not do this in Elite.

Holy poo poo, it's kickboating!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Derek Smart you should do a blogpost against anti-vaxxers. I can't wait for the "DS wants us to inject our children with mercury so they get the 'tism and purchase LoD" posts.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3yasio/reasons_for_buying_into_the_game/

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

drat! That face looks like a maldeformed penis in a condom

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 27, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lets all keep in mind that is the best pic he could find

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

He sends $50 a month from his disability check to Croberts. Our taxes at work folks. Yikes.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Henceforth he shall be called: Count Daniel Sperg Simmons of the brown sea

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

EminusSleepus posted:

Henceforth he shall be called: Count Daniel Sperg Simmons of the brown sea

habemus paaaaarpam

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Solomonic posted:

habemus paaaaarpam

He goes by his alias: Hodor

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
don't doxx me bros

unless you're into furry vore scat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have no comment

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
This community is a cess pool with no bottom.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_s3D8WsLVVR/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

if people cannot lie in the presence of a gryphon, that means he must never go closer than ten feet to chris roberts or he will break his own heart

i will only ever refer to him as gryphon out of respect to his mighty spirit animal

• Locked thread