Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

pun pundit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

You see the name on the forum post
posting gold on every smear piece
and it says grand admiral
that name is me

in the photos of the supporters
there's no question why I'm smiling
I bought a piece of paradise
I bought a piece of dream

It'll get me everything I wanted
It'll get me everything I need
don't need to believe in the Derek
just believe in dreams

Chorus:
Cos Roberts he knows me
and he knows I'm rich
I've been buying from Roberts - I'm his bitch
oh yes he knows me
and he knows I'm rich
and he's been telling me
that I can buy more ships

Embezzling from the family
with my ever loving wife beside me
but she don't know about my Idris
or the Hull I bought last night

Do you believe in Chris
cos that's what I'm buying
and if you wanna fly some spaceships
he'll see you right

I won't even have to leave my house
or get outta my chair
I don't even have to click that link
the 'verse's right here

(Chorus)

won't find him practicing what he's preaching
wont' find him making no sacrifice
but he can get you a battleship or mining ship
if you promise to post well, try to post nice
Chris will take good care of you
just do as he says, don't do as he do

I'm counting my starships
I've found true happiness
cos I'm getting poorer, day by day
I can find them on the website
just buy each shiny starship
I can do it any time I want
before it's out of stock

There can be no doubt in my mind
I believe everything he's saying
if I want to get closer to him
get on the 'net and start paying

(chorus)

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Working as intended. The hull of the ship is doing stealthy stuff. You have to pay to unlock stealthy stuff for the interior of the ship.

Wait, that's SC? What happened to :FIDELITY: and psuedo-realistic flight?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Thirsty Dog posted:

Wait, that's SC? What happened to :FIDELITY: and psuedo-realistic flight?

Well Croberts saw another game doing something cool soo....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Thronde posted:

104 MILLION DOLLARS. :wtchris:

Genuine question, is this like a debug mode or something, has someone hosed around with the camera and seen flying from a different angle than first person?

It looks one of those dev diary things where everything's wireframe.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I, for one, am incredibly excited about the stealthy parts of the FPS. it has always been a dream of mine to be able to crawl through air ducts in a video game, but so far the technology simply wasnt there and nobody could engineer a method to make this available. I'm so excited that Roberts and Co. were able to finally figure out a way to maximize the leverage of the CryEngine to make such a vital, realistic, and unquestionably original idea of crawling through air ducts in a FPS spring to life.

Kudos, gents.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lowtax posted:

I, for one, am incredibly excited about the stealthy parts of the FPS. it has always been a dream of mine to be able to crawl through air ducts in a video game, but so far the technology simply wasnt there and nobody could engineer a method to make this available. I'm so excited that Roberts and Co. were able to finally figure out a way to maximize the leverage of the CryEngine to make such a vital, realistic, and unquestionably original idea of crawling through air ducts in a FPS spring to life.

Kudos, gents.

Ban the believer!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ban the believer!
We'll see who gets the last laugh when the game is released in 2067 and I'm spending my golden years crouched in a space air duct, using pure strategy to accomplish my space goals. You will probably be on a toilet, weeping uncontrollably with regret that you didn't believe in the DREAMS! of spaceship air duct stealth tactics.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Genuine question, is this like a debug mode or something, has someone hosed around with the camera and seen flying from a different angle than first person?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Lowtax posted:

We'll see who gets the last laugh when the game is released in 2067 and I'm spending my golden years crouched in a space air duct, using pure strategy to accomplish my space goals. You will probably be on a toilet, weeping uncontrollably with regret that you didn't believe in the DREAMS! of spaceship air duct stealth tactics.

by that year toilet is irrelevant

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah but...but but......WHY IS THE SHIP SEE THROUGH? *Sob* That's it, star citizen has broken me I give up!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The FPS reviews are rolling in thick and fast.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
unfortunately my sources tell me that Croberts played Katamari Damaci for the first time last night. Everyone just needs to be cool and hope for the best.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I love the Madden gifs. For all Sandi's faults (including, but not limited to, every aspect about her), she has brought this thread great joy, and continues to breathe life into it.

Never change, Sandi.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EDenh_6oKQ

No.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Derek knew. He always knew.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Uhhhngh :cripes:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

What I really like about this clip is how you get a real sense of mass and inertia when the ship turns. It's not at all like it's a weightless object in space, just flipping around like you're working with a model editor. No, it takes just the right amount of time to bank into a turn, with nice, smooth motions that really confer just how massive the ship is, and in this video, that really comes across. I'm so immersed I'm not even sure where I am any more.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Avalanche posted:

Sooooo lets say the FTC is loving pissed....

When this poo poo goes down, what happens to all the poor Santa Monica coder kids that got hoodwinked into signing on with this shitshow after graduating from UCLA/USC/SMJC?

Wait, did I miss something? Is it finally happening?!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

What I really like about this clip is how you get a real sense of mass and inertia when the ship turns. It's not at all like it's a weightless object in space, just flipping around like you're working with a model editor. No, it takes just the right amount of time to bank into a turn, with nice, smooth motions that really confer just how massive the ship is, and in this video, that really comes across. I'm so immersed I'm not even sure where I am any more.

I also like that they mark the center of mass with that white circle thingy

So no one gets the wrong idea

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lowtax what do I need to do to gain entry to the space rape barn? I've got my star citizen tshirt and beige socks and nothing else. Am I ready?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Wow I didn't notice that. Seriously though, that's pretty realistic. Don't all of us have centers of mass that exist outside our own bodies? It makes sense, when you think about it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Demiurge4 posted:

Wait, did I miss something? Is it finally happening?!

Yeah, in Two Weeks.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So they made the center of mass the cockpit area? But...... :shepface:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

So they made the center of mass the cockpit area? But...... :shepface:

Maybe Ben is flying it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

Wow I didn't notice that. Seriously though, that's pretty realistic. Don't all of us have centers of mass that exist outside our own bodies? It makes sense, when you think about it.

The Earth/your body system has a center pretty far from your body though

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

Maybe Ben is flying it.

:vince:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

The Earth/your body system has a center pretty far from your body though

Then they thought of everything!

10/10 would rotate around an arbitrary axis again.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

I actually think that's the targeting pip for one of the helmet overlays, not an indicator for the center of mass. The last time I "played" Star Citizen I hit some button and it brought that thing up in my helmet and I couldn't figure out how to make it go away, but then the game crashed anyway so it was all fine in the end.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I actually think that's the targeting pip for one of the helmet overlays, not an indicator for the center of mass. The last time I "played" Star Citizen I hit some button and it brought that thing up in my helmet and I couldn't figure out how to make it go away, but then the game crashed anyway so it was all fine in the end.

That could be, I never found which button reliably crashes the game (I find time does that job fine on its own), but in that video the ship does seem to be rotating around that central point. I'm sure CIG will figure it all out.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I get that, but it seems that the ship revolves around it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

That could be, I never found which button reliably crashes the game (I find time does that job fine on its own), but in that video the ship does seem to be rotating around that central point. I'm sure CIG will figure it all out.

It definitely looks that way, and would be hilarious if they made the COM five feet in front of and above the cockpit.

If you look to the bottom left though you can see the other HUD elements. It looks like they were using a guy as an EVA camera and couldn't figure out how to turn off the retarded "social HUD" or whatever that thing was.

I could log in and check it out when I get home from work in like 9 hours, but let's be honest, we all will have forgotten by then.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

I can't believe the inside of CIG isn't leaking like a sieve at this point. Well, I mean, it is, but nothing really good has come out since October. The tell-all, when it comes, is going to be legendary. You know that whatever madness we're seeing is just the tip of the iceberg, the inside of that studio has to be an absolute goddamn nightmare of delusion, narcissism and goalpost shifting.

P.S. no other thread has ever given me as many laughs-per-page as this one. Thank you, thread and thread posters. Please continue your good works.

It is. Most of it is shocking to say the least. In fact, I just posted a series of Tweets about specifically that.

quote:

what the execs over there don't realize is that NDAs aren't worth the paper they're written on

people WILL talk. And in a lawsuit - esp if fraud involved - NDA's get shredded

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We need this as :fidelity:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Star citizen : the world doesn't revolve around you (centre of mass joke)

Star citizen : is ben in charge of ship mass properties? Because they have a lot in common

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

And what do you call a Derek Smartie that hasn't paid 30bux for the Lyrius Conflict DLC for Universal Combat?

A shameful Smartie.

^this

But I'm more concerned about how to combat review bombing, than I am about the money

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

BMan posted:

:siren: Hey Derek, :siren:

I made your Star Citizen blog posts into a neural network. Now you don't have to rehash your old blog posts, the bot will do it for you! Check it out:

http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/derek

(please don't sue me for copyright infringement :ohdear:)

Nah, it's all good. It's more coherent than crobert's ranting diatribe

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Thronde posted:

Someone link the get a refund gif again, it needs to be spread.

And if one of you spergs isn't writing the article for TheMittani.com I guess I could poo poo something out with Beer's permission and link all that poo poo. Because hoooooooly gently caress I'm so glad I got out. In fact I'm about to reply to the last spam "We're sorry" email saying I want to finish off my refund and get the lovely 45 bucks I didn't care about back. Just to say gently caress them.

And I might use Pgabz email reply as a form reply every day until they pay out.

You don't need his permission. He put it in the public domain. So Fair Use reigns. But ask him anyway; just because it was an incredible gift.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fair Use doesn't apply to public domain works because they're public domain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
uhm, Gemini 42 is one of the 15 companies I tracked and uncovered months back. They own it.
Yes I know, I fully assume that is true but not seen any proof of who owns it online though.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2elzql/gemini-42-entertainment-llc

• Locked thread