Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Ha ha nope, but laughs were had by all except the :smug: dude so it was a nice day in the end

In my headcanon he looks just like Darkpriest667s av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

peter gabriel posted:

It's not Cryengine, they just have to say it's Cryengine because of the license they have with Cryengine to use Cryengine, it's actually Star Engine :smug:

Jesus. It's sad that I recognized that persons name immediately. Star Engine, that's just gold.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Remember, any fact can support your worldview if you twist it hard enough.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zr88d/a_thought_for_every_one_yesterday_who_attacked/

Kickstarted company sells out to major corporation, fucks over backers? Just proof that you should never blindly follow a project, rubes :smug:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

look at this fool. no more spending money on spaceship jpgs for you; it's all disney princesses from here on out

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mirificus posted:

Do you have PMs enabled?
I don't currently, Mirificus but if i can buttress my whacked out theory i will post it here. Since it's a bit :tinfoil: it's not worth sharing absent some supporting evidence.

plus i think i hurt myself effort posting on that one. I need to learn from you guys in the top 10 and post shorter, funnier stuff...

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I'd like to stop here and clarify I think buying any video game so that your newborn could play it in the future is stupid and wrong. The fact that it's Star Citizen just adds the particular brand of Star Citizen taste to a crazy idea already.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
so is there a reason my support 'ticket' asking for refund is just sorta vanished into ether? did i need to actually email them over this or something? i can't see an 'open ticket' tab or anything on their site

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

My wife is actually trained in language analysis and offered to do a comparison between Mattilda and Sandi. I told her not to bother, even if it was conclusive it'd just be dismissed as more anecdotal evidence. On the internet nobody knows you're not an auditor.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ash1138 posted:

look at this fool. no more spending money on spaceship jpgs for you; it's all disney princesses from here on out

He can join the rest of us who have the lyrics of every single song in 'Frozen' memorized. :staredog:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

Remember, any fact can support your worldview if you twist it hard enough.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zr88d/a_thought_for_every_one_yesterday_who_attacked/

Kickstarted company sells out to major corporation, fucks over backers? Just proof that you should never blindly follow a project, rubes :smug:
That reminds me of something, Sarsapariller...

"9 Bit Podcast - Interview with Sandi Gardiner"

15 minutes in, the discussion of the (then recent) Facebook acquisition of Oculus comes up. Discussions about Star Citizen's VR plans come up, with Sandi dismissive of the potential value of Oculus since they don’t even have a consumer product.

Which naturally leads to a discussion about Star Citizen's VR plans, and then.

Sandi Gardiner posted:

"I said to Chris, "If I hustled to sell Star Citizen for $2 billion would you sell it? And he was like, 'Nope!' I was like, "Are you sure?", he was like, "Nope."

(later) "I said, "Well, you wouldn't have to DO IT yourself."

Soon thereafter, she adds, "We're not selling any time soon. Let's put it that way."

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

So busy you guys! Just so busy!

Literally another response from sandi over compensating for lies she told lol

Sandi says she never takes days off
SA posts pictures of her on vacation from her own fb
SO BUSY YOU GUYS SO BUSY

Also why is she training customer service? Is the customer service department like 2 people?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'd like to stop here and clarify I think buying any video game so that your newborn could play it in the future is stupid and wrong. The fact that it's Star Citizen just adds the particular brand of Star Citizen taste to a crazy idea already.

"Honey you don't understand, it's an investment in her future. I want her to grow up knowing she can do anything, so I'm getting her a $350 starter kit for a game that will be 13 years old by the time she gives a poo poo about playing it! And that's all assuming it ever comes out!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
RSI Forum: Bragger's Corner

Steve Hunter

Evilspyre (Wing Commander)

[CASH] MagnumPI

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Sarsapariller posted:

My wife is actually trained in language analysis and offered to do a comparison between Mattilda and Sandi. I told her not to bother, even if it was conclusive it'd just be dismissed as more anecdotal evidence. On the internet nobody knows you're not an auditor.

Actually I would find that entertaining

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Pastebin of Refund Denial E-Mail

Easier to read than that image Derek shared.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Thank you, sorry if it was a pain in the arse to get :]

No problem whatsoever.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait a second, are you saying each of those pictures is the "fleet" of an individual autist?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Do any of the jpegs come with creche facilities or do you need an addon?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

He can join the rest of us who have the lyrics of every single song in 'Frozen' memorized. :staredog:
and if putting on Frozen is what keeps her entertained then that's what you're gonna do

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

Literally another response from sandi over compensating for lies she told lol

Sandi says she never takes days off
SA posts pictures of her on vacation from her own fb
SO BUSY YOU GUYS SO BUSY

Also why is she training customer service? Is the customer service department like 2 people?

She said she spent months training a CS person, which sounds insane.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait a second, are you saying each of those pictures is the "fleet" of an individual autist?

Technically they're the *actual* fleets, but let's not quibble.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

I remember when those kinds of bragging pics, with that number of .jpeg ships, came up in Summer 2013 for entire organizations. Now they come up for a single person's 'investment'.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ash1138 posted:

and if putting on Frozen is what keeps her entertained then that's what you're gonna do

It sure beats Caillou!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm seriously going to go into a coma from loss of blood to my brain cause it's all going to go to the massive boner I'll have when this whole thing collapses

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I believe it cause she obviously couldn't grasp the concept and whoever training her just gave up.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

They're like crazy cat ladies but with jpegs. Why would anyone buy several of the same ships? Lots of people with hoarder issues in the verse.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bofast posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a lot of ducts to crawl through (and hide bodies in), as well

You guys must be mistaken, Chris Roberts is a visionary and no one would could have come up with crawling through vents before Star Citizen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I remember when those kinds of bragging pics, with that number of .jpeg ships, came up in Summer 2013 for entire organizations. Now they come up for a single person's 'investment'.

That's what I thought they were at first! I was (I guess technically still am) in a pretty big organization and we drew one of those up and it was kind of cool to dream(TM) about seeing all those ships.

But holy gently caress.

Romes128 posted:

I'm seriously going to go into a coma from loss of blood to my brain cause it's all going to go to the massive boner I'll have when this whole thing collapses

^^^^

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Micromanager from hell. For real I'd rather hang out with Lando at the underpass than work for CIG.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Berious posted:

They're like crazy cat ladies but with jpegs. Why would anyone buy several of the same ships? Lots of people with hoarder issues in the verse.

That dude has 4 starliners. Why the gently caress would you ever need 4 of those things? I guess why would you even need one, for that matter, but it's at least a little easier to justify.

I need a shower now.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Wafflz posted:

You guys must be mistaken, Chris Roberts is a visionary and no one would could have come up with crawling through vents before Star Citizen.

have they updated that article/design document on stances and the breath cycle to properly account for this innovative new posture?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 7, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : jpeg. envy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

It went very wrong then went OK in the end

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

It's not Cryengine, they just have to say it's Cryengine because of the license they have with Cryengine to use Cryengine, it's actually Star Engine :smug:

This is so drat hilarious that I cannot stop laughing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

It went very wrong then went OK in the end

Like SC but not.

The last panel should be "I'm the greatest business woman on the planet"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

2DCAT posted:

This is so drat hilarious that I cannot stop laughing.

He doesn't stop, it never stops

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The upside is he'll now spend hours watching those idiotic youtube vids where Chris waves his arms and lies, when he finally finds his nugget of gold I'll just say 'nope lol' and the cycle will begin again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol goddamn

• Locked thread