Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Vitamins posted:

what are you using for dressing?

oh never mind

they're calling again

goodnight everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it turns out i need to spec out a better job than what i currently have, then put it to my managers, then eventually apply for it

how much "lounging on a chaise longue being fed grapes by beautiful women" do you think i can get away with adding to the job description

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

So in the manner of an amazingly clichéd underdog story, the local music venue/pub has been bought by a fat oval office to be knocked down and turned into luxury flats or some poo poo

Eat the rich

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

it turns out i need to spec out a better job than what i currently have, then put it to my managers, then eventually apply for it

how much "lounging on a chaise longue being fed grapes by beautiful women" do you think i can get away with adding to the job description

Skills needed:
posting on dead gay forum

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol never post at work

hide your sa goon status like you would a witchmark in medieval bavaria

if the villagers find out they'll burn you

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I hide my goonism, but the people I use to work with used to talk openly about imgur, reddit and memes so I felt smugly superior when I said i don't use reddit

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Whorelord posted:

So in the manner of an amazingly clichéd underdog story, the local music venue/pub has been bought by a fat oval office to be knocked down and turned into luxury flats or some poo poo

Eat the rich

Do you know any bands. You need to draw up a detailed plan where you arrange a concert to save the venue, the fat oval office developer finds out and tries to sabotage it but just when you think all is lost a really famous band who've been touched by your plucky defiance show up and put a show on for free, saving the day while the developer falls into a muddy puddle or gets crushed by his own bulldozer or something. Then you all clap and cheer, while the press cameras roll and the hot love interest (you'll need a hot love interest, locate one) gazes at you adoringly.

Feel free to insert your own epilogue where you end up running the venue, along with the hot love interest but running a music venue probably isn't much fun in real life so maybe skip that bit.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I should watch Blues Brothers and the Commitments again soon. Love those films

Hello.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
hello

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hello hello

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What's all this then

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what's all this shouting we'll have no trouble hnyagh

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I've been on this train for three hours

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I suspect that people who shout are just nervous, because they know that they should have paid their tv licence by now, but haven't yet.

I can make myself a bacon sandwich, but I haven't done enough physical labour today to justify it with brown sauce. And I'm not going to have a bacon sandwich if I can't have it with brown sauce now am I? And besides, a strange man is fitting my home with a new shower, so I can't cook bacon in front of him and not offer him some of the bacon. That would be immensely rude. I'm not friends with this man who is fitting my home with a new shower, he can accept my coffee, but a bacon sandwich is just too much.

Also, hello thread, I need advice on how to ask the right questions.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Party Boat posted:

I've been on this train for three hours

Have you been running away from the tv license people?

Have you decided to say, 'gently caress it' and buy the overpriced booze?

What is your favorite kind of carriage???

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I do not fear the tv licence people and it's a bit early for that

I like carriages that don't smell of wee

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

cook the bacon tophat

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

lol never post at work

hide your sa goon status like you would a witchmark in medieval bavaria

if the villagers find out they'll burn you

It turned out someone else at my work was also a goon.
He's left now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Party Boat posted:

cook the bacon tophat

I gotta wait until the man is out of my home, then I shall do this thing as you say. Should I add cheese to the sandwich, or is that just going a bit too far, especially as I have done little physical exercise to even indulge in bacon of all things (lord help me). I sincerely hope I have the brown sauce in my home, otherwise I'll have to go to the shoppe and then I'll be tempted by other foods that aren't bacon and then I will have lied to someone on the internet. And that's unforgivable.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Tophat posted:

I gotta wait until the man is out of my home, then I shall do this thing as you say. Should I add cheese to the sandwich, or is that just going a bit too far, especially as I have done little physical exercise to even indulge in bacon of all things (lord help me). I sincerely hope I have the brown sauce in my home, otherwise I'll have to go to the shoppe and then I'll be tempted by other foods that aren't bacon and then I will have lied to someone on the internet. And that's unforgivable.

stfu

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sorry for getting stoned and posting on the internet about real meat, fake meat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The posts could use some work

Unlike me, who has two extra weekend work days coming up

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
My union has just threatened the company with mass suits for salary misalignment unless they sort out our pay structure lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm off the train but am in Birmingham so not much of an improvement

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Travelling to deepest darkest Essex to give a talk. Whole days travelling for one hours work, it's ace/boring

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I made the mistake of exploring Birmingham whilst waiting for my connecting train, fuckers wouldn't stop going on about yams

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

All the computers are down and I can't do any work.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

birmigham is okay... nicer than coventry

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

birmigham is okay... nicer than coventry

Also better curry

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

p sure any noun can be suffixed with Better Than Coventry

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

p sure any noun can be suffixed with Better Than Coventry

Coventry?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I always lose my bearings coming out of new street and think I'm walking the wrong way. Need to start orienting myself based on the massive Jurys Inn or something

It's stopped raining here

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

if youre looking at the massive jurys inn youve gone quite far

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

My office is near the bottom of Broad Street so it's a useful landmark

Unless you mean some other more massive Jurys that I've missed

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i guess you can see it from quite far off. i think you should navigate using the alpha tower cause its more distinctive

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

there's a really good shop in birmigham you should all go to

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
what do they sell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i no longer have to wear a sling :getin:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

corn in the fridge posted:

what do they sell

Men, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

quote:

Some girls are posting 'YES! Made it to 2015 without a baby
😂
🙌
'
Yet, they had sex with multiple guys (no problem with that, but they're doing it for attention) spent every weekend getting drunk, taking drugs and passing out, unable to cook, only clean when guys are coming over and had STD's.
While some of the mums this year got to spend another year smiling, weekends playing, cuddling and appreciating their child and having a meaningful life. Cooking, cleaning and looking after their child! And all whilst looking better than you, with baby food on our clothes
👌

Just because your birth control stops you from getting pregnant, or the amount of alcohol and drugs you put in to your body lowers your fertility, you have not made it sweetie
👍
now who's the real winner here?

important message from facebook