Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

okay lets get food chat going in here

I bring an awesome cookie recipe in JPG form. Free JPGS, what a concept

These things are like ginger snaps on steroids. Requires a hell of a mixer or a lot of upper body strength but worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It's interesting they brought up BluestreakBTHR first but they left out the correspondence he had with Sandi that included a screenshot of his posting on the forums. That's straight up damning, right there. It's mentioned but they only have the SMS messages.

Also, he should have mentioned that they've been monitoring Reddit as well.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Stu from Canada was enough for me.

That guy IS a total loving retard. Congrats on another new av btw.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Tortolia posted:

These things are like ginger snaps on steroids. Requires a hell of a mixer or a lot of upper body strength but worth it.

What are my options for sad, flabby, noodle arms?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
posting av number 2 for posterity. Let's see how much money whales are willing to donate to the Lowtax fund.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jimb posted:

What are my options for sad, flabby, noodle arms?

Well you'll get a workout making these then

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tortolia posted:

this is a good jpeg, I will make these and report back

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, been a few dozen pages, but I didn't forget about Duke Nukem Forever, I just wanted to forget it

Trespasser. Daikatana. Duke Nukem Forever. Aliens: Colonial Marines. Archeage. Spore.Sim City 2013.X:Rebirth. Star Citizen

Anything else?

I would like to say that Archage get a pass because of the English publisher (Trion) actions. The game, by itself, is fine by MMO standards. All the others on the list are single player (except for SC that does not exist yet) and have only its studio to blame.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Google translate is fun : Im tam probum constat, nec quisquam tibi potest percussi femur meum confusus modestia, loving neckbeard motherfuckers.

https://translate.google.com/#en/la/I'm%20so%20modest%2C%20noone%20can%20beat%20my%20modesty%2C%20fucking%20neckbeard%20motherfuckers.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
You guys want to hear something hosed up?

I post in this thread as does Lowtax
Lowtax fought Uwe Boll
Uwe Boll directed Christian Slater in Alone in the Dark (2005)
Christian Slater co-starred with Kevin Bacon in Murder in the First (1995)

guess who else starred in that movie? GARY loving OLDMAN

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, been a few dozen pages, but I didn't forget about Duke Nukem Forever, I just wanted to forget it

Trespasser. Daikatana. Duke Nukem Forever. Aliens: Colonial Marines. Archeage. Spore.Sim City 2013.X:Rebirth. Star Citizen

Anything else?

Battlecruiser 3000AD.

Sorry, but it's true.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

ps that article is pretty tame actually i dont know how many people visit that site but it's nothing outrageous in that article since it repeats Beer was banned from their forums for something he posted, but that's not identified

Considering that it's currently being spread on social media, I'd say it's getting out.

Spergs are going to have an absolute meltdown this week. And it's not even Friday yet.

The BIG one is coming. Two weeks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

Lowtax's pocketbooks thank you for the 10 dollars to change Derek Smart's avatar, kind redditor

It's like how they can't do the down sizing math. If 10 people exit a company, and they hire 4, that means they're still down 6 people. I've been arguing this all day on Twitter.

Same here. They spend $10 to buy an avatar which is barely going to last but a few hours and which costs me $5 to change back.

These morons are the same ones still buying JPEG ships.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amarcarts posted:

You guys want to hear something hosed up?

I post in this thread as does Lowtax
Lowtax fought Uwe Boll
Uwe Boll directed Christian Slater in Alone in the Dark (2005)
Christian Slater co-starred with Kevin Bacon in Murder in the First (1995)

guess who else starred in that movie? GARY loving OLDMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5-t8WSQafM

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Beer they probably aren't telling David Swofford the truth, though I doubt he's that interested. His email address is on this press release if you wanted to ask him to stop responding to the gaming media with allegations against you that are untrue, as that's not very nice.

He's probably a decent bloke, maybe if he figures out how dodgy all this is there is less chance of somebody else getting hosed over in the same way.

He is. But he goes way back with Chris and can't be relied upon to be unbiased or impartial.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Octopode posted:

Backface or occlusion culling bug of some sort; renderers generally don't render any triangle that would not be visible from the current camera viewpoint, due to being blocked by other objects or on the backside of a triangle currently visible, for efficiency. But if there's a bug with how the check to see if the triangle is visible from the current view or not is done, it will skip rendering triangles that really should be rendered, giving invisible geometry.

Given that when the bug occurs, the character is near the outer edge of the ship, and thus on the boundary of both a physics space and a zone (and thus, a coordinate system), I'm guessing the camera position managed to get erroneously reported in a different coordinate space outside the ship, leading to most of the visibility checks being calculated incorrectly. Notice the remaining visible geometry is all stuff that would normally be rendered from an outside view of the ship.

That sounds almost right but the problem with this theory is that the player characters seem to lose the physics grid they were attached to so something worse is happening, not sure what though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

aleksendr posted:

I would like to say that Archage get a pass because of the English publisher (Trion) actions. The game, by itself, is fine by MMO standards. All the others on the list are single player (except for SC that does not exist yet) and have only its studio to blame.

I would disagree because I feel the bare minimum in MMO standards should be don't completely trust the client so client side hacks run rampant. That game had more ridiculous game breaking hacks than any MMO I've seen. People would teleport all over the place, make themselves invincible, snipe housing plots even when they didn't appear online. poo poo was ridiculous.

The ship combat and goon drama was good though, I'll give it that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

If you want to get more value out of your avatar purchase, I'd avoid Derek and target one of the top five posters in the thread.

So what happened to Loiosh? He's been AWOL since Dec 14th. I think he hopes that when he comes back, we'd have forgotten that he pledged to get a refund.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
note to the person who bought the latest Smart avatar: it's a bit too ambiguous in it's messaging. For example, it could easily be interpreted as Smart saying that to the reader of his post, demonstrating his take-it-or-leave-it attitude to other viewers. Next time you should be more specific in order to demonstrate dislike of the poster himself. hth.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey Lowtax, are there any analytics that tell you how many custom titles have been purchased because of this thread?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sup

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

It's like how they can't do the down sizing math. If 10 people exit a company, and they hire 4, that means they're still down 6 people. I've been arguing this all day on Twitter.

Same here. They spend $10 to buy an avatar which is barely going to last but a few hours and which costs me $5 to change back.

These morons are the same ones still buying JPEG ships.

Hey Derek tell them the truth... tell them you must be a platinum member to read this post

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fargin Icehole posted:

Anything else?

Yeah, Peter Molyneux's recent abomination. I forgot the name. It was on KS I think.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Darkpriest667 posted:

Hey Derek tell them the truth... tell them you must be a platinum member to read this post

Shut up dorkpriest

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

So what happened to Loiosh? He's been AWOL since Dec 14th. I think he hopes that when he comes back, we'd have forgotten that he pledged to get a refund.

His faith was clearly being shaken, I think he said he was getting a refund? His self imposed deadline for CIG to get their act together meant he missed the refund window though. :( It's kind of tragic.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ahahahahahahaha! The Long Con. I don't even.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Which game will be released first, Star Citizen or Milo?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:five:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:five:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

ahahahahahahaha! The Long Con. I don't even.

Did he mean Star Citizen by that?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

He is. But he goes way back with Chris and can't be relied upon to be unbiased or impartial.
No but he's a media professional and should know better than to become the story, which is what he's done twice now by issuing sourced comments that aren't true. Even if it's only to cover his own arse he shouldn't leave himself open like that, issuing press releases with inaccurate information in them is stupid too like saying there's a planet and 2 moons to explore in 2.0.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Battlecruiser 3000AD.

Sorry, but it's true.

Yup. That was all on me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Considering that it's currently being spread on social media, I'd say it's getting out.

Spergs are going to have an absolute meltdown this week. And it's not even Friday yet.

The BIG one is coming. Two weeks.

Seems pretty good to me, tbh. Yeah, it isn't melt your face bad, but does spread the word that CIG are inconsistent dickholes that are not to be trusted.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

So what's the story behind goons nuking Jita?

The first burning of Jita was an In game protest lead by Goonswarm against massive change to the game economy in the upcoming Inferno Expansion. The second burning of Jita was done by most of the playerbase to oppose the future monetisation plan of CCP (the 80$ monocle incident)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:yarg:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
's alright everyone I KNOW what the big secret is....send me money through paypal and i'll tell you

Spoiler*

It's all been a mass hallucination, croberts and sandi don't exist, derek hasn't been born yet, something awful is actually something awesome and lowtax is keysor soze.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

loving amazing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Holy poo poo that guy is everywhere. Hi Rajafa, I know you are reading this. See you in the 'verse!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zyo4u/wait_backers_can_get_banned_in_rsi_forum_even_if/cyq3dtl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rajafa, you're posting everywhere but here.. what's up with that? Makes me sad dude.

• Locked thread