Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Anyone got any Barcelona recommendations outside of the obvious? I'm off there with a few friends on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Bozza posted:

Where are you off to? My itinerary so far consists of Niagara Falls, the CN Tower and lots of pubs.

Skiing - Whistler and then Revelstoke. And all the pubs they have.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Are canadian pubs like actual pubs or are they more like american "pubs"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

lenoon posted:

I was on TV today.

what program were you on

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Bozza posted:

Think it's the latter, though the 400 mile trip is costing me £25 so whatevs

uk train prices are so hosed

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Jakabite posted:

Anyone got any Barcelona recommendations outside of the obvious? I'm off there with a few friends on Monday.

La Xampanyeria!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d940427-Reviews-Can_Paixano_La_-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Tiny bar that sells Cava for cents, providing you order food too. Then you can come back during the day and buy it by the bottle and then get pissed in your hotel room.

There's also an expat bar somewhere around there that'll serve you 50/50 vodka-cokes. But hosed if I can remember where it is.

Will edit this tomorrow with more suggestions.

Horse Clocks fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 8, 2016

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

So the pub being closed by a caricature of capitalist scum managed to raise 5 grand in a day for the owner's family so that's something :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

He keeps posting about some pub in Norwich that is going to be turned into something that is not a pub. This issue is obviously of considerable importance to him.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

lenoon posted:

Are canadian pubs like actual pubs or are they more like american "pubs"

Cannot comment at this time but I think it's a bit of both. Will give everyone itt a full run down in late April re the Canadian pub situation

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

what are american pubs like?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
you mean bars?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

Some are dim and dingy and you have to drink hunched over at the bar, making downbeat, rueful conversation with the barman. Others are bright and loud and have strippers and sassy, wisecracking waitresses.

I know this from watching American films.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

Hilarious and charming places, filled with regulars all going through their own emotional needs. Also Frasier.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Just like normal pubs but more dull and underwhelming. So basically wetherspoons with more expensive drinks, no food, and less people.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wurzag posted:

Just like normal pubs but more dull and underwhelming. So basically wetherspoons with more expensive drinks, no food, and less people.

so like english pubs then

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Some are dim and dingy and you have to drink hunched over at the bar, making downbeat, rueful conversation with the barman. Others are bright and loud and have strippers and sassy, wisecracking waitresses.

I know this from watching American films.

if they actually call themselves pubs they tend to have waitresses. Also they're not proper pubs because everyone there has American accents.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

uk train prices are so hosed

Utterly, utterly hosed

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
S'alright with a railcard and booking 2 months in advance :britain:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jeza posted:

S'alright with a railcard and booking 2 months in advance :britain:

only then you find out on the day of travel your train has been cancelled and been replaced with the most horrible thing...

...a replacement bus service :spooky:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Vitamins posted:

only then you find out on the day of travel your train has been cancelled and been replaced with the most horrible thing...

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

When the track got washed away at Dawlish I had to endure replacement buses every weekend :(

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Vitamins posted:

Are you trying to trigger everyone's PTSD?

It's working.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Vitamins posted:

My favourite rail replacement bus services are the ones where the driver gets lost on the way to a station and has to get passengers to give him directions.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was once retweeted by a Twitter account called something like "scrote catcher" for complaining about high rail fares/terrible service. Some time later the account went inactive with no comment when a Tory minister was caught ducking the first class rail fare and being let off, of course.

(Bet it was Bozza interning)

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
what the

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I do not like change

What have we done to deserve thus

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
we've been shoved into the closet with all the halloween and christmas decorations

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

What is this I don't like it

Save me bozza

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
how will we ever attract cool new posters to the thread if it isn't permanently on page 1 of GBS??

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I don't like it in here. Who do I write a sternly written word of complaint to?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

this is all nigels fault

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

corn in the fridge posted:

we've been shoved into the closet with all the halloween and christmas decorations

being shoved into the closet implies you were ever out of it

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Why is it all blue?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

we're in an even deader forum now :(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Think of it as this thread's appeal becoming more selective.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

what program were you on

Celebrity antiques road trip of all things.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont want to be in the hosed up forum for anime retards

did span love or some other retarded fucker throw a tantrum again because we were taking up too much valuable forums real estate that could have been better used on the one billionth identical sjw thread

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i h8 that oval office any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

lenoon posted:

Celebrity antiques road trip of all things.

when did you become a curator. I got pissed up with you and some other goon in a pub in Camden one time and I don't remember you mentioning it. Or perhaps you did but I was drunk.