Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Why would you do that instead of just letting the person answer? It's not really scum hunting at that point, it reads like you already made up your mind.
Courtesy. It was information-drawing, and I hadn't made up my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

BabeLiker90 (3): Doktor Per, Birdstrike, Gwynplaine
Ridonkulous (2): Kashuno, Gamerofthegame
bowmore (2): Tommunist, Rascyc
Doktor Per (1): 100YrsofAttitude
King Burgundy (1): CapitalistPig
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin
Ixtlilton (1): CapitalistPig, -CapitalistPig, bowmore
Podima (1): BabeLiker90
CapitalistPig (1): King Burgundy
Gwynplaine (1): Max
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, bowmore, -bowmore, -TMMadman
Dominoes (0): Gamerofthegame, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, -Gamerofthegame

Not Voting (11): Chic Trombone, Dominoes, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Ixtlilton, Podima, Rarity, Ridonkulous, tithin, TMMadman, VivaNova

:h: With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 11th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

"Water is the blood of life. We worship the water not because we enjoy dancing in the rain, but because we love life itself. We are born in the waters of the womb, and it is only fitting we die in water as well." - Béatrice du Genévrier, Mereaux priest.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

Kash; you've posted a lot. Here's what I've got from you about suspicions:
-Murmur's vote on TMM is suspicious because she's unwilling to back up her vote with reasoning
-Birdstrike is more likely to be scum than Doktor, regarding votes on BabeLiker

Do you have any guesses of who the sum are.? Are there any players you'd defend if, accused? I ask because I'm more suspicious of you than of anyone else.

I'm already voting someone??? Like my vote hasn't moved since I dropped it on ridonk despite multiple interactions and you can't figure out who I think scum is?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Max posted:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Doktor's vote on diqnol is bad given his following comments I've quoted the vote and his following comments earlier.

Following that we've said all there is to be said about Gwyn's bad diqnol vote too and I have nothing particularly against Gamer's vote on ridonkculous (that is to say it's sound enough) but it's presentation is awful.

Max posted:

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

I'm curious about diqnol's current opinions on his vote on podima only because I'm getting a town vibe from diqnol and that vote garnered him enough heat to rank him the vote leader at this point. I agree with it enough to see why he'd say that of podima, though the game is early.

Following that I find Murmur's case on Madman entirely reasonable in context of the very little I know about madman but I don't personally support voting Madman at least at this point in the game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why is Gwyn's vote bad but not Birdstrike's?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I'm already voting someone??? Like my vote hasn't moved since I dropped it on ridonk despite multiple interactions and you can't figure out who I think scum is?
I'm sorry; I missed your follow-up post on ridonk. You voted with an insult (I assumed it was a joke). Your follow-up planted Ridonk in a tailored scenario that has many other possible explanations. You've posted many times since then; I'd expect more focus or an evolution of your suspicion, were it genuine.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BabeLiker90 posted:

Why is Gwyn's vote bad but not Birdstrike's?

Birdstrike posted:

gently caress it, the Ixt defence was weird as well
##vote BabeLiker90

Max was just asking what votes we found to be the worst. Since birdstrike seems to have an actual reason it doesn't fall into the worst category for me unlike Doktor's inexplicable vote and Gwyn's auspol friendship vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't get it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

I'm sorry; I missed your follow-up post on ridonk. You voted with an insult (I assumed it was a joke). Your follow-up planted Ridonk in a tailored scenario that has many other possible explanations. You've posted many times since then; I'd expect more focus or an evolution of your suspicion, were it genuine.

I keep reading this post over and over trying to figure out what the point of this post is. Because I find ridonk scummy, I'm not allowed to interact with other people? I'm not allowed to forge other opinions and explore different options when it's clear from the pre-game thread there could be somewhere between five and seven scum aligned players? Why do I have to focus and hammer on a single target when we have seventy-two hours until deadline for this day?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I keep reading this post over and over trying to figure out what the point of this post is. Because I find ridonk scummy, I'm not allowed to interact with other people? I'm not allowed to forge other opinions and explore different options when it's clear from the pre-game thread there could be somewhere between five and seven scum aligned players? Why do I have to focus and hammer on a single target when we have seventy-two hours until deadline for this day?
I'm encouraging you to make more alignment guesses; I don't think you can do it convincingly. ;)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
do you really need me to go through and post all the posts I find suss, as if I haven't pointed them out already?

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Kashuno posted:

do you really need me to go through and post all the posts I find suss, as if I haven't pointed them out already?

Give us a list of 1-25 from most town to most scum.

this is an awful idea

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ridonkulous posted:

this is an awful idea

Lumpens parachute account spotted.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean really I don't think I need to spell it out on a silver platter for you but since you seem incapable of actually reading and being able to infer opinions based on words.

I have called out two players (ixt and MMT) who have subsequently put something forward which has resulted in me not pressing them as hard.

I have pushed bowmore as scum who was looking for an easy out and am currently still suss of them. I have put conjecture forward about the possible slip-up from ridonk not mentioning the podima vote (granted, diqnol did as well).

I have clearly shown I have a town read of gwyn, and of diqnol. I have mentioned that gamer and I seem to be on the same wavelength so far this game. I have even responded to MMT's response as finding it agreeable.

you are acting like I am not putting forth alignment guess because I am not posting :siren:THIS PLAYER IS A PLAYER I BELIEVE TO BE *ALIGNMENT*:siren:

Ridonkulous posted:

this is an awful idea

I unironically out of spite started to go down the list of players and comment on each one before I decided to say gently caress it and write this post.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Lumpens parachute account spotted.

I was playing for over a year before Lumpen started, if anything he is my parachute account. Not that I want to be associated with Lumpen's poo poo style though.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

Who is this aimed at?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

I'm encouraging you to make more alignment guesses; I don't think you can do it convincingly. ;)

^

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

it would be a lot easier to tell who you think is scum if you would vote for someone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there like some running joke where my vote on ridonk doesn't loving count or something

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
While we're on the subject, Dominoes you have yet to express a single opinion outside of your "mafia philosophy" question and your suss on me. Do you have anything to contribute to the game or?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Ridonkulous posted:

it would be a lot easier to tell who you think is scum if you would vote for someone.

man my vote on you isn't leaving now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This post from Podima

Podima posted:

Also slowly catching up - count me in as someone who will be following the other thread because I lurk every single mafia thread. :ninja:

for example I'm pretty sure I remember you doing this in at least one other thread I've read, lol
led to this vote

BabeLiker90 posted:

##vote Podima

Self conscious and snipey without actually offering any content

Pod's post may be those things, but I didn't think it was scummy. It offered a convenient way for Diqnol to try and appear townie.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

This post from Podima

led to this vote

Pod's post may be those things, but I didn't think it was scummy. It offered a convenient way for Diqnol to try and appear townie.

is this post directed at someone or just like out into the ether?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

is this post directed at someone or just like out into the ether?

There was some discussion about my vote overnight.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Is there like some running joke where my vote on ridonk doesn't loving count or something

There is and we're having a ball! :cheers:

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think so. The only real weakness is that it relies on the super few posts we have from Podima but it's a fair observation to point out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike what do you think about Kashuno to this point?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

I'm curious of your read on me as well diqnol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BabeLiker90 posted:

I think that this is it.

This is the game Kash succeeds at the mafias.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel you've been acting more like a snake than a reptile so far this game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dominoes posted:

Courtesy. It was information-drawing, and I hadn't made up my mind.
Fair. I think if you'd voted off that then I'd vote you but you didn't. I usually take notice of when people frame the responses to a question before the other person has answered, but I see you are accusing someone else of doing that now down thread. I want to reread a bit.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

BabeLiker90 posted:

Yo what happened to that Solid Snake fake player? They should keep posting, those posts were funny.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

I think that this is it.

This is the game Kash succeeds at the mafias.

???? I win a lot

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I just wanted to take a minute to laugh at this reasoning.

First of all, I knew this was exactly what MMT was going to use as her reason for voting me which is why I didn't bother to address her. I find it hilarious because I was basically asked to play nice in the sign up thread and now that I'm playing nice you want to hang me for it.

--

I don't know if MMT is scum, but I think she is using some faulty reasoning to vote me.

That's basically my point, though. I'd expect a town TMM to case/engage me, if he indeed thinks I'm using faulty logic consistent with what scum does. Concluding "I don't know if MMT is scum" with no follow-up seems scummy to me.

TMM - Who is your biggest scum read to this point?

Dominoes posted:

Kash; you've posted a lot. Here's what I've got from you about suspicions:
-Murmur's vote on TMM is suspicious because she's unwilling to back up her vote with reasoning
-Birdstrike is more likely to be scum than Doktor, regarding votes on BabeLiker

Do you have any guesses of who the sum are.? Are there any players you'd defend if, accused? I ask because I'm more suspicious of you than of anyone else.

Apologies if I missed this but can you explain why you're more suspicious of Kash than anyone else?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Apologies if I missed this but can you explain why you're more suspicious of Kash than anyone else?
don't worry MMT you didn't miss it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Renting through agencies is the worst. I haven't been around cause I've been dealing with that and it's been making me feel poo poo.

I have a quiet weekend planned so tomorrow I'll do a massive full thread catchup. You guys talk way too much :colbert:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

In my experience hitting a scum day one is pot luck, so this overwrought hand wringing "well who are the scummiest players to you" is far too early in the game to justify yet - there's too little content out there to justify the level of aggression / overemotion I've read so far, though that could just be because you're all mostly super familiar with how each other plays and I'm over-reading

safest bet I've read so far as not scum is kashuno, been pretty consistent and put in a good effort in hunting

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If it's because of his post voting Ridonkulous I get where your coming from. It's weird he wants a 2nd opinion on a D1 vote, most of which are based on gut or dumb reasons at best. I'd get it if he had more of a case or if the game were further along and he didn't want to toss his vote with abandon, but here there's very little to be lost voting out right.

Gamerofthegame posted:

##unvote I guess

This pings me real bad for some reason, I dunno. I need time to think on it, but Ridonkulous going full ham on Ixt and then letting go without ceremony after it's obvious no one is jumping in, yet spending so much time in the circlejerk.

And also never actually voting on him. It strikes me as Bad, but in the same breathe it seems like such a stupid play for scum to do immediately at game start that it seems unlikely to amount to anything and I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

Yeah this is the one that pinged me earlier, it just read as hedging his bets. If you think he's scummy, don't try to just it by saying "Oh, I need time to think on it, I need someone to confirm it for me" say "I think this is scummy as gently caress, for this reason" because if you're town the first person you need to convince of your vote is yourself, and then vote, and provide solid justification why.

voting for someone with a lovely reason, and asking someone to back you up just reads as either stupid lazy town, or being unconfident in your own read, and if you're unconfident in your read you shouldn't be doing the vote in the first place.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I hope diqnol's role is real and he throws 100 years.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also yeah, claiming that role is real easy and for the people who thinks its a fakeclaim, it's real fuckin easy to tell if its a fakeclaim tommorow

if it were me, I'd lob the people calling it a fakeclaim because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

Yeah this is the one that pinged me earlier, it just read as hedging his bets. If you think he's scummy, don't try to just it by saying "Oh, I need time to think on it, I need someone to confirm it for me" say "I think this is scummy as gently caress, for this reason" because if you're town the first person you need to convince of your vote is yourself, and then vote, and provide solid justification why.

voting for someone with a lovely reason, and asking someone to back you up just reads as either stupid lazy town, or being unconfident in your own read, and if you're unconfident in your read you shouldn't be doing the vote in the first place.

This is a good read I would vote gamer.

• Locked thread