Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aleksendr posted:

Am i delusional ?

You're a Goon and therefore incapable of understanding Roberts' vision, so sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
How much would I be able to sell a digital pirate LTI for nowadays?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Omi-Polari posted:

The thing about MMOs being an escapist power fantasy reminds me of Anders Breivik, the self-radicalized Norwegian terrorist who took a year off from work & life to play World of Warcraft 16 hours a day.
if I spent a year playing wow for 16 hours a day, I'd probably murder some people too. and I *like* wow.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

Finally hearing Derek rail about The Wulge and Sandi-- I'm dying here.

I've been looking for this and having no luck. Do you have a link to a recording?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nalesh posted:

How much would I be able to sell a digital pirate LTI for nowadays?

Isn't that the ship that even shitizens hate?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This round-table thing is literally un-watchable without Dr. Smart.

I am the guy who won't shut up about the legal system.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

am i doing it right guys

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:allears:

Did anything recent cause this or is it just in general?

Recent, this week.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, nurse sharks are like sea-kitties. They just want naps and shrimp snacks. Blacktips are more like puppies, except for the chainsaw face.

Blacktips are my favorite shark these days. I've only ever got my hands on little bonnetheads/leopards (and rays, there's always rays). Sharks are the best :coolfish: :hfive:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Bootcha posted:

Recent, this week.

Are we going to figure out what happened?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Scruffpuff posted:

I've been looking for this and having no luck. Do you have a link to a recording?

the problem is it's difficult to get a timestamp because its set up to keep changing in relation to the size of the entire stream - and the stream is still live. When the stream finally ends it will be easy to put a timestamp up though.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if I had to guess I'd put money on Sandi having a huge loving freakout in the office over those emails getting linked and/or her acting videos

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

IrvingWashington posted:

Blacktips are my favorite shark these days. I've only ever got my hands on little bonnetheads/leopards (and rays, there's always rays). Sharks are the best :coolfish: :hfive:

Blacktips are super awesome! It's crazy how curious they are, and how skittish they can be around people, they really do act like dogs sometimes.

Nurse sharks are my favorite because look at that loving face.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

I think the timestamp isn't locked since its a stream. But if you scroll back and keep an eye on the upper left.

Peter Gabriel / Major Team is the telltale sign you are close. If you see the below, just go back five minutes.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dapper Dan posted:

I know this gets tossed around a lot but they seriously are just a lot of sad, pathetic middle aged nerds who are caught up in this fantasy of being a space god. Its like the people who buy really expensive poo poo they can't afford because they have no other positive qualities and they think by buying expensive things this will make up for that and people will like them. And it is why these type of people are unlikable and vicious when this fantasy is put into question.

Imagine they were the type of nerds bullied in high school. Imagine never leaving that ostracism/siege mentality and retreating inside of your mind for thirty years. Now you have your unwashed Star Citizen

Some of us who retreated into our minds managed to maintain a semblance of sanity. Its easier to live in your mind when everything else around you is terrible. I can speak on that point from personal experience due to quite a few tragic events in my childhood leading up to more tragic events through out most of my pre-adult life. Thankfully I managed to retain the ability to see reality and not live wholly within my own universe. Some people just cant adapt their coping mechanisms to accept actual reality and instead try to project their own mental picture of their "how it should be" on "how it actually is" which usually ends up making them further retreat into their own head/rear end when its arguably NOT happening the way they want.

Kind of interesting to really think about, but it falls into such a hard topic because its different for everyone. On one hand, i sympathize with many of the backers ive seen post. I know what its like to think a long those lines. On the other, ive never held those thoughts and decided "This is how it should be! SO IT IS AND WILL BE!" But i also have almost an entire life time of understanding that "retreating into the mind can help make things seem better than they are, but its not going to solve anything at all" so i may have an advantage there compared to some.

Effort post hurt head, time to get ready for work.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

if I had to guess I'd put money on Sandi having a huge loving freakout in the office over those emails getting linked and/or her acting videos

maybe she finally quit.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Please give me your opinions / thoughts regarding this idea: I buy a copy of SC and livestream me forcing my 10 year old daughter to play it, keeping in mind neither of us are familiar with the game at all.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Neurotic Jew posted:

maybe she finally quit.

It's early in the year. By Citcon 2016, she's going to need at least 3 speeches and 10 bouquets to continue her contributions.

^^Sure, do it, I need to get CPS on speeddial.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

that transcript is from AtV I think, not RtV.

http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/34287295

start at 46:40 while trying to maintain your confidence about this project :downs:

Whatever they release, it's going to make CCP's code look like a perfectly constructed and documented work of art.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lowtax posted:

Please give me your opinions / thoughts regarding this idea: I buy a copy of SC and livestream me forcing my 10 year old daughter to play it, keeping in mind neither of us are familiar with the game at all.

No one here wants to see you arrested for child abuse

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Opinion on this- Do it and then have her crash the ship repeatedly on shitizens.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

lowtax i honestly miss gaming garbage, and this is the most garbage game of all

so

i'd like to see it happen

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Lowtax posted:

You are already banned dummy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lowtax posted:

CPS may have something to say about that sort of abuse. However you can't know without trying, so go for it.

Also like Eonwe said, more Gaming Garbage. Namaste.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but acutally please keep your daughter out of the stream because internet people are hosed up, especially apparently star citizens from what I've learned

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

if you put your child through that you're a horrible parent
:gary: go for it

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lowtax posted:

cool and good

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lowtax posted:

Do this and stand there reading John Galt's speech off frame so you will have made the worst possible thing ever livestreamed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

but acutally please keep your daughter out of the stream because internet people are hosed up, especially apparently star citizens from what I've learned

like the one dude today talking about how pedos were literally better community members than goons

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Eonwe posted:

this is a good point, shitizens are hosed up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, given that they're pedophile defenders I'd suggest not involving your kid.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

Seconding this.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Wafflz posted:

this is a good point, shitizens are hosed up

The Wulge cometh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Lowtax posted:

On one hand, nobody below 18 should have to experience the jankyness of SC current PTU.

But on the other hand, there is a high chance your going to ruin computer gaming for her forever, so that might be a good (if brutal) parenting technique to encourage more time spent in study and sports.

Decision, decision...

• Locked thread