Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Nation posted:

We are nearing the peak

Nah man, it always gets worse. That's what makes it magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dispatch war rocket lowtax to bring back his body

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

«Sandi you are an untalented no degree having hack.»

I really think he needs to be shopped onto Lo Pan. Derek SHOULD be the Kurt Russel, but Lo Pan is such a bad rear end.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Nation posted:

We are nearing the peak

There is always more and it's always worse.

I don't even think we're on the rollercoaster yet, we're just at the part of the line where you know you're about the take your seat.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Bootcha posted:

I was jelly of pgabz.

Make something as adorable and useful as :pgabz: and you too could have an emote named after your SA internetz handles.

Also

Star Citizen: Prominent Care Bears in favor of walking

should be the thread title forever.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nation posted:

We are nearing the peak
It keeps feeling that way, and then we turn and discover the peak we just reached is but the base of a grander mountain.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Making CryEngine more advanced for the rigors of space!!! I really don't get that, it's loving space. It's one step up from the background that 3D modelers get in their program by default. Space rendering technology essentially peaked at the star field windows screensaver.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Making CryEngine more advanced for the rigors of space!!! I really don't get that, it's loving space. It's one step up from the background that 3D modelers get in their program by default. Space rendering technology essentially peaked at the star field windows screensaver.

There's a reason space was one of the first 3D rendered spaces, it's loving empty. You only have to render ships. How is that hard.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

fuzzknot posted:

I tried to buy him a new av as he was posting this, but he wouldn't let me. PLEASE, somebody, do this for me. And make a smilie as well. I was thinking earlier he really ought to have one, but I don't have the cash.

edit: :pgabz: , because I CAN. Why is there not an :eonwe: ? Or, goddammit, a :bootcha: ? GET TO IT, PEOPLE!

Sorry friend all of my money is tied up in jpgs and bitcoins.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
But have they modelled vacuum accurately yet? Maybe Chris has the vision we need to make space suck more.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Barnsy posted:

There's a reason space was one of the first 3D rendered spaces, it's loving empty. You only have to render ships. How is that hard.
Harder than you think!

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Something obvious I just realized...

The mega exclusive elite million mile high kids klub is only for mega whales blowing at least $10k on this shithouse crysis mod.

CR does not care about how long someone has backed the pyramid scheme; only how much was dumped so he can keep the lease on his porsche. Must make a lot of backers feel pretty lovely including the ones that were all in ever since the beginning or maybe only dumped ~$5k or so.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

I think you mean StarEngine friend.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Avalanche posted:

Something obvious I just realized...

The mega exclusive elite million mile high kids klub is only for mega whales blowing at least $10k on this shithouse crysis mod.

CR does not care about how long someone has backed the pyramid scheme; only how much was dumped so he can keep the lease on his porsche. Must make a lot of backers feel pretty lovely including the ones that were all in ever since the beginning or maybe only dumped ~$5k or so.

It's a scheme to get people to spend money. Spend 10k to get this! Spend this much to unlock the privilege of buying this ship! Etc.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

quote:

well, these $10,000+ backers are not all 1%ers... some of them have average to only slightly higher incomes, just care so much about the game that they are willing to spend a very large amount on it. It is still less than a new car, if you look at it that way.

It's ok guys, nothing to see here. It's still less than a new car so the cost is completely justifiable.

and looks like shitizens are really pissed about this

Avalanche fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 9, 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

At least we can all agree that Chris Roberts not only played Demons Souls a lot but he was really good at it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So. I backed SC during their recent sale. It seemed like pretty good value, AND I'd just seen the space -> surface transition video. Reading chunks of this thread is goddamn illuminating. I think I've got my money's worth, perhaps not in the way I'd expected.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

Someone should offer to make a :bootcha: and then never deliver.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Chin posted:

Chris said it, it's in the game!

This thread moves so fast. But I just have such a hard time believing people like this are real. Chris mumbles something, so this is Cabela's Space Sim now, no question, yep. I made the "all MMOs need fishing" joke yesterday, and look at where we are now.

Also :pgabz:

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 9, 2016

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

WebDog posted:

By releasing the bare minimum they are effectively covering themselves against claims of not releasing a product under the assumption it will get fixed later. “Caveat emptor” largely applies in this case. How many video game failures have scored a class action lawsuit from consumers? Publishers have sued as they loose investment on a failed game.

Compare to X3 where the game was a broken mess on launch but was slowly patched up. However Egosoft, despite their flaws and even being guilty of playing the immersion card as a defence, do try to keep their fanbase happy as it's a niche genre they have a good slice of.

RSI is sandbagging for the inevitable collapse by rushing to tick off as much as possible on the promises list making it harder to prove a point in a case.
A case against RSI will have to prove they were intentionally dishonest and deceptive in their claims and promises. Can mismanagement and incompetence be used against them in this case?

I know it's practically necrophilia hauling a quote from thirty pages ago, but I'm behind so whatever.

I don't think the guys at CIG actually have the mindset of "there will be a class action lawsuit" no matter how much Mr. Smart ( :love: ) threatens it. I feel like they're just trying to pull the baseline and release things so people throw more money at them. This boat is definitely sinking, they know it, and they also know how rabid their fanbase is. Give them a lovely 3D render of a new fighter and they'll drool out another $250. Getting another baseline feature released, animating a space toilet, demonstrating a loving paint job keeps the mob happy. They can't even worry about a lawsuit right now because it's put out or get out right now. They are still making a few million a month, and it's because they're dribbling out incomplete features and hoping no one notices how much time has passed.

I actually believe with their current development cycle, they could sell spaceship models indefinitely (which funds further spaceship development), but the game? Never happening at this rate.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

So when can we expect RSI applying for religious status? :v:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

hanales posted:

Make something as adorable and useful as :pgabz: and you too could have an emote named after your SA internetz handles.

Also

Star Citizen: Prominent Care Bears in favor of walking

should be the thread title forever.

huh, when did that get made?
:pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz:

:gary::pgabz::yarg:

we need to super-size it!

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 9, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

redwalrus posted:

Sorry your fishing rod can only use S1 and S2 fishing lures, the RapalaCitizen is a S8, you're going to need to buy the Aegis IdrisRod to use it, available for a limited time for $3000 with lifetime insurance.

Watch it closely. Put it down, and I am JACKING IT!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kakarot posted:

huh, when did that get made?
:pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz:

:gary::pgabz::yarg:

we need to super-size it!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

redwalrus posted:

Sorry your fishing rod can only use S1 and S2 fishing lures, the RapalaCitizen is a S8, you're going to need to buy the Aegis IdrisRod to use it, available for a limited time for $3000 with lifetime insurance.

You might want to be careful, you are treading into getting-Kimsemus'd territory. Please check what the org fishing policies are before continuing, thanks.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Look how fine everything is

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Bootcha posted:

I was jelly of pgabz.

who isnt????????

:pgabz:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Yes. This. I'll do it. Actually, I already did. I STILL have a better turnaround time than CIG.

I am just not feeling it. Do it over.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Dance gabz, dance!

:pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz:

My jpegs bring all the nerds to the verse,
And they're like:
Dave Braben's is worse.
drat right
Dave Braben's is worse,
That'll teach him
To put gameplay first.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Moogle posted:

But have they modelled vacuum accurately yet? Maybe Chris has the vision we need to make space suck more.

Yeah, you can see it pumping in during the airlock sequence

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I told myself I had to catch up before I could use this, so this is my reward.

Bedtime. Last 20 pages were amazing, can't wait to see Lowtax and his daughter livestream 2.1. Someone better RECORD THAT for posterity. My daughter is just a bit older, and now I want to share the verse with her. *sniff*

You're a good dad, Lowtax (I mean, i have no idea, you might not be, but I have no solid evidence either way)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

:wow:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Moogle posted:

Dance gabz, dance!

And they're like:
Dave Braben's is worse.
drat right
Dave Braben's is worse,
That'll teach him
To put gameplay first.

:golfclap:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moogle posted:

Dance gabz, dance!

And they're like:
Dave Braben's is worse.
drat right
Dave Braben's is worse,
That'll teach him
To put gameplay first.

:five:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

Look how fine everything is

Apparently :lesnick: didn't change his clothes for two weeks.

I can't tell, is the SC fanart or the Zodiac Killer's fursona?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Moogle posted:

Dance gabz, dance!

And they're like:
Dave Braben's is worse.
drat right
Dave Braben's is worse,
That'll teach him
To put gameplay first.

New OP

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I didn't realize they were doing this poo poo

Anyway, can somebody use this ATV 2.11 bit to make a fast gif spawning a new dancing cat every time Ben slaps?

I'm too lazy, so I can only do this. Watch the "shoulders".

Who is the Unabomber, by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Video games are important.

• Locked thread