Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dogstoyevsky posted:

It's hard for me to believe that Sandi is Matilda. The theory is really based on thin evidence (same name in an IMDB listing etc) but the thing that really clinches it for me is that Matilda writes in English as if it is his/her second language. That's a hard thing to fake, especially over a long period of time, and Sandi just isn't that good of an actress.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Dogstoyevsky posted:

It's hard for me to believe that Sandi is Matilda. The theory is really based on thin evidence (same name in an IMDB listing etc) but the thing that really clinches it for me is that Matilda writes in English as if it is his/her second language. That's a hard thing to fake, especially over a long period of time, and Sandi just isn't that good of an actress.

this. I'd actually believe it's Ortwin over Sandi tbh for this reason. but I still think he's just as an unhinged fan.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Has anyone seen that 1300 backer refund number anywhere else? That's real weird

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
In the Star Citizen Thread anything you want can be true if you just believe hard enough in the dream

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

The lack of acting ability is the most damning reasoning it's not her stated yet.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'd never noticed the numbers before, but it wouldn't be unprecedented for Karl to be pulling them out of his rear end.

EDIT: The pantshitting has started on /r/dereksmart already.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It's not her.

But we are an open community and in order to understand the cultists better we need to have our own Dream that we believe in, reality be damned.

surc posted:

:eng101: "as I expect my english reads " would probably be the best way to say that if you care about pedantic English poo poo, and also aren't intentionally doing that to drive home your point.

Also, :tinfoil:

Same

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Good god, I just read the article about the million mile-high club. That area really deserves it's name, but for all the wrong reasons. And of course the bouncer is a bald, black bodybuilder.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

TTerrible posted:

I'd never noticed the numbers before, but it wouldn't be unprecedented for Karl to be pulling them out of his rear end.

Very true. It's just a weird thing to pull out of your rear end. Seems like the number of backers granted a refund would be closely guarded by CIG.

I don't think it's her, btw.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this. I'd actually believe it's Ortwin over Sandi tbh for this reason. but I still think he's just as an unhinged fan.

It's not exactly like unhinged Star Citizen fans are rare. I'd be really shocked if it came back to be Sandi.

... I don't really know that it's worth the 'doxxing' to find out.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not exactly like unhinged Star Citizen fans are rare. I'd be really shocked if it came back to be Sandi.

... I don't really know that it's worth the 'doxxing' to find out.

Woah there poster, sounds like we have a malcontent in the Best drat Comedy Forum Simulator Ever, how much have you pledged to Lowtax?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I'm not worrying about it yet. "Some dude told derek smart he had plans to do a thing on the internet" is different than anything coming of/being made public about the outcome of it. If it turns out to not be Sandi, and the person is doxxed, then I'll be sad because that's out of line. Until then it's just more SC drama to have people get ruffled over.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
As much as we'd benefit from the (incredibly unlikely, come on) reveal that Karl is Sandi we're not doing the dirty or asking anyone else to. It seems like some random internet detective has taken it upon themselves and will inform DS if they get a positive.

Is that a long enough stick to poke the poo with?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I know we talked about this about five hundred pages ago. Is there a chance Matilda is Ortwin? I sure haven't read any other sources for numbers of refunds.

Hmm interesting how Karl knows the number of refunds

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Hammerstein posted:

Good god, I just read the article about the million mile-high club. That area really deserves it's name, but for all the wrong reasons. And of course the bouncer is a bald, black bodybuilder.

I think Sandi had it changed to a white guy awhile back, for reasons

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Kakarot posted:

That is unexpected to say the least.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Of course, there's always the chance that Karl and Matilda are both german auditors that are married.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ravane posted:

Of course, there's always the chance that Karl and Matilda are both german auditors that are married.

But Matilda said her dad is an auditor.

:iiam:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ravane posted:

We found who wants to pilot the multi-crew insurance assessment ships?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Kakarot posted:

"calculated with 850k backers in total" - except it's already been said that this figure is the total number of ships owned by everyone in the game, so the actual number of backers is far less than that. I'd say Karl is just talking poo poo.

CIG continue to refuse to reveal the number of actual people who have paid money to back the game or what percentage of their money comes from a small number of whales.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Can a reddit goon ask Matilda where they got that number from? Real or made up, should be entertaining.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Generation Internet posted:

Woah there poster, sounds like we have a malcontent in the Best drat Comedy Forum Simulator Ever, how much have you pledged to Lowtax?

Well I wanted to get the Ultra PostLord package, but I have to wait until payday. I can only put off so many bills to divert money to Lowtax.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Wuxi posted:

But we are an open community and in order to understand the cultists better we need to have our own Dream that we believe in, reality be damned.

STRETCH GOAL: Derek Smart will hire a PI to establish that Sandi is effortposting all across the 'verse under different alt accounts.

STRETCH GOAL: CIG will fold by year's end 2016

STRETCH GOAL: CIG will fold in two weeks

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

We're thinking it's Sandi. Ortwin is a dumb-rear end who just happens to be a media attorney. No way in hell he would engage in using alts to attack dissenters. This has all the makings of it being Sandi.

Here is the original where is says 1300 people have received refunds. How would this person know that? I don't recall that information being anywhere. I checked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3kwnz6/more_excepts_of_crazy/cv1k4oa

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Is that a long enough stick to poke the poo with?

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not wagging my finger at anybody.

Kakarot posted:

Well he IS a numberwizard or whatever. He probably used some high-level Auditmancy.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Chalks posted:

Still clinging to the hope that there are some things that make this site better than reddit, and that not doxing random people that irritate you is one of those things.

we had a whole subforum dedicated to this

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm pretty sure no native English speaker would write this:

Some insight into the Roberts' dynamic

Also has opinions about their PR that are very unSandi

Hmmm

No, I don't think there's any chance this is Sandi unless she shares an account with Ortwin. I'm leaning toward Ortwin.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Dogstoyevsky posted:

She may not need to be. Her replies to Beer indicate that she's not that good with English in the first place.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Not, it's more than that I think

1. Offers "Ortwin" for legal representation against Dolvak (that clown who threatened to ruin my career and who quickly backed off when he heard back from me)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3q5f9p/so_i_just_got_doxed_by_derek/cwc6gm3

2. Knows about the number of refunds. A number that, according to Google, doesn't appear anywhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3kwnz6/more_excepts_of_crazy/cv1k4oa

Aside from all the other analysis (e.g. writing) already run. At first, I was just discounting it as Karl (who has disappeared from the face of the Earth) being Matilda2013.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

She may not need to be. Her replies to Beer indicate that she's not that good with English in the first place.

Yea

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm someone who hasn't paid much attention to Star Citizen and its various fiascos apart from "oh it's yet another unfinished Kickstarter thing", so I have two questions:

Is D_Smart the actual real Derek Smart?

How much of the stuff coming from you guys in this thread is ironic?

Thank you for your time.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

Only just got around to listening to this. Wow. Spectacular.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

Well I wanted to get the Ultra PostLord package, but I have to wait until payday. I can only put off so many bills to divert money to Lowtax.

I will defend to the death the validity of my investment in the Postmaster-Admiral package

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D_Smart posted:

PSA: The doxxing of matilda2013 aka Karl is apparently underway. I got notification from someone saying they're doing it because they have a strong suspicion that it's Sandi behind an alt

Who gives a poo poo. :cripes:

Edit - As in, who cares what some insane person on Reddit is posting if it's not actually harming you/threatening you with harm? It'd be pretty hosed up if you or whoever is doing the doxxing just creeped on some random idiot with a propensity to throw temper tantrums.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 9, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

cute whales are ruining my immersion

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

The Shortest Path posted:

Is D_Smart the actual real Derek Smart?

Yes.

quote:

How much of the stuff coming from you guys in this thread is ironic?

Thank you for your time.

Depends on what you're talking about. When it comes to Star Citizen being a disaster and Derek Smart being generally correct, it's not ironic.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dogstoyevsky posted:

You are forgetting that Sandi has spoken in German. Claims to know German etc How hard would it be for her to fake it in writing?

Plus, how many Germans do you know, who have ever been on a hate campaign and spend so much time on this one thing (me)? Plus, have you seen this person's post history? No? Go to to http://reddit.com/u/Matilda2013 or use http://searchreddit.com and see.

I am 75% convinced it's her. And now that someone is looking into it, all it would take is one person to ...yeah right. Naturally since they are reading this forum, I'm not going to reveal how they could be unmasked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Yes.

Depends on what you're talking about. When it comes to CIG being a disaster and Derek Smart being generally correct, it's not ironic.

Note: Derek Smart being just a little-bit too invested in all this is also true.

• Locked thread