Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Star Citizen Thread Read Through Day 1 - 1/9/2016

Well I thought it would be a funny joke, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Someone bought me an avatar so I'm going to read through the thread from the beginning. Right away from the first post I'm disgusted in myself for making this deal. Thank God Derek is only linking to his blogs and not actually quoting them. Actually now it's starting to get not so bad. Derek's writing is heavy handed, but his commitment to never surrender is inspiring me to do the same with this project. I'm going to shut up and read now.

Well things were going along pretty smoothly and my mood was lifted until A Neurotic Jew posted Chris's entire response to the escapist article. I'm not even off of the the first page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

skaboomizzy posted:

$14 omelette? GTFO with that. My local diner has a weekend special; three eggs, three sausage links, three bacon, potatoes, three pancakes all for $8.

Meh you can get a jpeg bloody mary for $5

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/405rr5/found_chris_roberts_busy_working_in_another/cyrpsjy

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

Well I thought it would be a funny joke, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Someone bought me an avatar so I'm going to read through the thread from the beginning. Right away from the first post I'm disgusted in myself for making this deal. Thank God Derek is only linking to his blogs and not actually quoting them. Actually now it's starting to get not so bad. Derek's writing is heavy handed, but his commitment to never surrender is inspiring me to do the same with this project. I'm going to shut up and read now.

Well things were going along pretty smoothly and my mood was lifted until A Neurotic Jew posted Chris's entire response to the escapist article. I'm not even off of the the first page.

Follow all links and citations. Do not half rear end this, citizen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the audacity of bringing derek smart onto your podcast and not letting him finish

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Amarcarts posted:

pretty sure it gets quoted again on the second page :pgabz:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Marching Powder posted:

the audacity of bringing derek smart onto your podcast and not letting him finish

that person should feel honored that they got brutally owned derek smart esq.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

Go ahead and eat the toxic now it will save you time

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/AntisemiteCitizen/comments/405uv6/star_citizen_backer_and_redditor_umacharial420_is/

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Oh the things Seraph84 gets up to these days...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i like how derek smart can guest appear on an unpaid podcast, rant and rave like a lunatic, and not only do i not disagree with him, i wholeheartedly support him

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CrazyLoon posted:

Oh the things Seraph84 gets up to these days...
This is actually a different deranged Star Citizen.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Dr_Satan

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mirificus posted:

How goes the unifying theory?
Well it sounds like Derek's got someone doing the job for him now!

(As for me, I don't have anything yet that would survive first contact with AP's skepticism, Mirificus. I still do have a theory that I think would resolve it but since we're not trying to disarm a bomb or anything here, I'm taking it as my time allows... But if I get further, I'll post here. And of course will continue posting goofy connective tissue in the meantime, too!)

NOTE TO DEREK:
If you do learn that Matilda really is just some sad German woman who happens to be obsessed with defending Sandi Gardiner, then she should be left to her misery and certainly shouldn't be outed. I know you've got an itchy trigger finger and a rash temper but seriously, if it's not Sandi, leave Matilda to her sorrowed existence. That means no pics of European Star Citizen meet ups with the footnote "That's her in the Lederhosen..."

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Amarcarts posted:

in no way is it worth attempting this for :10bux: worth of avatar, friend.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i like how derek smart can guest appear on an unpaid podcast, rant and rave like a lunatic, and not only do i not disagree with him, i wholeheartedly support him

Once you embrace dsmart as your internet warlord everything g4ts better

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Here is the original where is says 1300 people have received refunds. How would this person know that? I don't recall that information being anywhere. I checked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3kwnz6/more_excepts_of_crazy/cv1k4oa

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9180067/star-citizen-backers-claiming-refunds-are-getting-their-money-back

quote:

A spokesperson for Cloud Imperium said that a total of 1,269 refunds have so far been given out, with 93 refunds since the beginning of July. Roberts declined to say what percentage of refund applications are granted.

Personally I think Matilda is probably the name of Karl's daughter that he mentioned here and 2013 is the year she was born. The problem you have matching internet user accounts like Matilda2013 & Karl to someone else is that if they tell lies about anything it throws you off, the only details you have are whatever they say, but we do know from Karl what type of lie he favours and we know Karl likes to use years in usernames (1 (2) of his twitter accounts and his RSI account). There's a long arse post from Matilda2013 that lies to some youtube person in exactly the same way about not having any money in Star Citizen. Also Matilda2013 took a dislike to me and tried to troll me from reddit, despite me not posting there right after Karl made himself look dumb talking to me here, also Matilda & Karl are both into Whiskey & German Auditors.

I've probably given too much thought to this but crazy people fascinate me. Also consider this :gary:.

In addition to that Karl will probably come around at some point and he's not really doing any harm to anyone apart from stalking Derek, now that Bootcha got his money out. A lot of the extreme cultists don't realise the danger they place themselves in reading this thread, there are good reasons for Scientologists being banned from reading anything on the internet.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 10, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:worship: :worship: :worship: :yarg:

Amazing.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

A Neurotic Jew posted:

for the peeps who don't want to listen to the whole Open House thing, here's the juicy bits:

Smart going full blast on Sandi.

And the WULGE

there's probably some others but these stood out to me.

That was good

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Wulge uses fly.
It seems somehow appropriate that Fly is learned from a Hidden Machine.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

People who buy jpeg space ships must be off their heads on cake.

e:Lesnick himself suffers from Czech neck if rumours are to be believed.

According to Icd-T isn't what they call on the street when they take all a kid's money and promise him dreams of space that will never happen?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 2, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6221526/#Comment_6221526

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What if Karl is a Derek alt and Matilda is a Sandi alt

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Tutta Bella and Pagliacci are pretty good pizzas in Seattleland.

And they exist in a finished state as a product you can consume, unlike Star Citizen.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Please don't post my butt plug designs

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

when i last checked the thread five hours ago, bootcha had defused the sandi is leaving CIG rumor. now it turns out there's doxxing of redditors going on because they might be sandi? christ, y'all

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Nation posted:

hahaha #notallgoons

There are plenty of tall goons, idiot.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

What if Karl is a Derek alt and Matilda is a Sandi alt
Then we are definitely thru the looking glass.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ash1138 posted:

when i last checked the thread five hours ago, bootcha had defused the sandi is leaving CIG rumor. now it turns out there's doxxing of redditors going on because they might be sandi? christ, y'all
Show me where people are being doxxed?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

It's time for :science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/311971/plasma-weapons-science

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ash1138 posted:

We're just along for the ride.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

Who is doxxing redditors?

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Amarcarts posted:

At least your avatar is appropriate to your promised task.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://vimeo.com/48904663

FactsAreUseless posted:

Show me where people are being doxxed?

Here.

It's more someone saying they'd let DS know than anyone here doing it or instigating it. I hope.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Matilda claimed three months ago to have posted on Derek Smart's blog under the name "Marcel Jackson". (Though I'd assume, even if Sandi WAS Matilda, she'd be smart enough to use a proxy service before posting on the website of her number one enemy...)

I'm not expecting there to be a smoking IP gun sitting right under Derek's rear end for 3 months. On the off chance there is, I'm afraid I'm going to have a harder time taking Derek's "Old School Internet Warlord" claims seriously.

I just don't think it matters, Karl posting here was funny as he was trying to damage control the thread and it was obvious, look at the comment section of this http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9180067/star-citizen-backers-claiming-refunds-are-getting-their-money-back

It's the same usernames trying to damage control for CIG, it's loving weird and funny. If you found someone defending Coke, Samsung, Intel or EA all over the internet you'd think they were nuts too. Who cares it's a company? I can imagine criticising Apple for a while everywhere if your iphone charger burnt your house down, but you know after maybe three months you'll get over it. Defending the same company everywhere for years, why you doing this you nut?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

AP posted:

I just don't think it matters, Karl posting here was funny as he was trying to damage control the thread and it was obvious, look at the comment section of this http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9180067/star-citizen-backers-claiming-refunds-are-getting-their-money-back

It's the same usernames trying to damage control for CIG, it's loving weird and funny. If you found someone defending Coke, Samsung, Intel or EA all over the internet you'd think they were nuts too. Who cares it's a company? I can imagine criticising Apple for a while everywhere if your iphone charger burnt your house down, but you know after maybe three months you'll get over it. Defending the same company everywhere for years, why you doing this you nut?

Yeah it's weird, I'll see all the same names in the comment sections of almost any site where I read a Star Citizen article.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah it's weird, I'll see all the same names in the comment sections of almost any site where I read a Star Citizen article.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I guess in space it makes perfect sense that when two things are literally spaced away from each other that indicates that a room is sealed against the environment and full of air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The Star Citizen game.

• Locked thread